As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Super[chat]

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    I find cheese repulsive.

If someone's lactose intolerant I can understand this

But otherwise

What

I'm somewhat lactose intolerant but also I don't like it. I simply do not like the taste at all. Some dessert cheeses like ricotta, mascarpone, goat cheese with fruit are all right to me.
    I love other dairy products (I eat a bunch of yogurt with no repercussions; I eat a lot of ice cream but must take lactaid. It was such a revelation to realize that I could eat ice cream without having consequences).
    It's a quirk of my tastebuds that I don't expect other people to share and that makes me look like a picky weirdo who can't eat normal food.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I remember when Silicon Valley was going to be this progressive bastion of forward thinking companies leaving old industry in the dust.

Or maybe they just had real good PR 20 years ago.

20 years ago being a "progressive" meant you didn't fire people for being gay and you wanted to legalize marijuana.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Continues to be my favorite song from anyone.

https://youtu.be/9AXXSa8YEic

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I remember when Silicon Valley was going to be this progressive bastion of forward thinking companies leaving old industry in the dust.

The essence of good capitalism

Spend 33% of your profit on building the business, 33% on PR, and the final 33% on an exotic assortment of hookers and cocaine

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Why is Silicon Valley so slimy now?

I think they always kinda were.

Yeah its basically like how it seems like everyone in hollywood is some kind of creepy pervert. Turns out men with all our power and authority in literally almost every sector of society used a lot of that to be scummy as fuck and to make sure our behavior was excused on top of it "Well what was she wearing, why did she attend that party? IS FLIRTING ILLEGAL NOW?"

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I think ill queue up some Social D as well.

Man its super hard to watch starfox 2, those old polygon pushing games on the snes days look terrible. Give me the cleanness of the sprite art anyday.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    that lady gaga video game music is good
    i will take 2 hi potions and an ether please

Bless your heart.
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

The essence of good capitalism

Spend 33% of your profit on building the business, 33% on PR, and the final 33% on an exotic assortment of hookers and cocaine

Remaining 1% goes to wages.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Preacher wrote: »
    Man its super hard to watch starfox 2, those old polygon pushing games on the snes days look terrible. Give me the cleanness of the sprite art anyday.

Yeah, I really feel the early days of 3D were a step back compared to 2D. But then again, exploring new and unknown territory.

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    I am eating a platter of superb cheeses right now.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Dan Harmon's Apology to Megan Ganz on Harmontown is...brutal. She called him out last weekish on twitter and demanded an apology for how awfully he treated her while working on Community. He apologized on twitter, called himself a piece of shit etc. But she wasn't ready to accept anything. So he put out this 7 minute confession of how he fucked up and was toxic and it was some Bojack Horseman level self immolation.
    I don't think anyone deserves kudos for apologizing for being a horrible person, but as far as apologies go, it's how it should be. Ultimately the goal of any sort of punishment or shaming should be restorative justice and Megan Ganz forgave Mr. Harmon publicly on twitter a few hours ago.

I feel a very gray sense of hope from this interaction. That's the only way I can label my feelings. It's not a positive feeling. More like a nod of acknowledgement that there is a way forward through this shit if we can be better people.

Echo wrote: »

Yeah, I really feel the early days of 3D were a step back compared to 2D. But then again, exploring new and unknown territory.

Yeah I get that they were integral in advancing, but like watching star fox 2 at gdq it just looks so painful to figure out what the fuck is going on. Compared to like secret of evermore which looked great.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    I am eating a platter of superb cheeses right now.

Is one Fontina
    You've got to have Fontina if you want your cheese platter to sound professional for the big wigs

Bless your heart.
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Dammit Chanus

of all the posts you didn't need to agree to

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    @Neco get Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies it's the best

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Chipotle should sell those crispy taco shells.

I can make better stuff to put in them but mah gawd those are some good corn tortillas.

edited January 2018
    @Ludious and other southerners
    Sam's Club just closed "a bunch" 100 of storesstores today and didn't inform any employees or anything
    what the fuckkkkkkk

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.

Yeah I get that they were integral in advancing, but like watching star fox 2 at gdq it just looks so painful to figure out what the fuck is going on. Compared to like secret of evermore which looked great.

I agree but its also not that bad? Starfox 2 on the SNES classic was fun.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Sam's Club just closed like 100 stores today and didn't inform any employees or anything
    what the fuckkkkkkk

jesus

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Other than literally self immolating I think Dan Harmon's done about as much as is possible

Assuming he's being genuine we should either accept it or we should demand people commit seppuku for having dishonored themselves

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Sam's Club just closed like 100 stores today and didn't inform any employees or anything
    what the fuckkkkkkk

yeah I saw stuff on twitter about this but I didn't realize it was 100. God damn.

Chipotle should sell those crispy taco shells.

I can make better stuff to put in them but mah gawd those are some good corn tortillas.

i find corn tortillas are so fucking hard to cook.
    they're so fragile

Bless your heart.
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I have lost the ability to write a satisfactory cursive h

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    Instead, they learned that their store would be closing when they found the store's doors locked and a notice announcing the closure, according to reports.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    -Ludious and other southerners
    what the fuckkkkkkk

Woah.. that's nuts. I wonder if any around here were affected.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    what the fuckkkkkkk

Well if you tell them ahead of time they'll look for new jobs and your bottom line will take a hit.

I mean, I'm not kidding, that's generally the rationale.

Looks like it's 63 stores, and everywhere they have costco as competition I imagine. Not any closing in MS.

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I know a lot of people who aren't into cheese, or just really like specific ones and hate a lot of others. Or like cheese in general but there's one they go out of their minds for.

I feel like anything that strongly flavored is going to be something that elicits strong preferences, like pickled stuff.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    wait how many locations did Sam's Club even have?

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    Ludious wrote: »
    what the fuckkkkkkk

yeah I saw stuff on twitter about this but I didn't realize it was 100. God damn.

Oh wait the person misquoted the article to me. it was stores in 10 states. not 100 stores. Dunno how they got that

Bless your heart.
    Aioua wrote: »

650+ according to the article I'm reading now.

Bless your heart.
    Other than literally self immolating I think Dan Harmon's done about as much as is possible

Assuming he's being genuine we should either accept it or we should demand people commit seppuku for having dishonored themselves

His victim forgave him and honestly that's pretty much my personal barometer for acceptance.

Oh man I havent heard some of these songs in so long.

My Heart is Yearning.
    Perfect Government.

Such goodness.

edited January 2018

Console 3D was a dark time in the early 90s.

jungleroomx on
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

650+ according to the article I'm reading now.

they literally decimated their workforce

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Speaking of Super things.

I just finished season 1 of Supergirl.

This is a good show. The red kryptonite episode in particular was crazy good. Especially with the nod to Superman 3.

But for its good ones. Holy shit does it have it's bad ones. The Flash crossover in season 1 was so god awful and cringeworthy I kept alternating between outright laughter and wincing.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular

Jumping Flash!

This discussion has been closed.