As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cyberpunk 2077 - It Can't Get Darker Than Night City, Right?

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    What if they have human brains?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Still human.

I dream of doing a precinct action comedy where the chief is basically a warbot, just with a uniform and tie he can unloosen so he can yell at his detectives for pushing their case too far.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Not a clip-on duct taped across his chassis?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Have it voiced by J. K. Simmons and you've got yourself a show!

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    It's a work in progress, I'm open to suggestions.

• IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Tweet went out exactly 5 years after the teaser was uploaded. 10th of January 2013 was the upload date for the teaser. God, it has been 5 years.

Isorn on
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »
    Tweet went out exactly 5 years after the teaser was uploaded. 10th of January 2013 was the upload date for the teaser. God, it has been 5 years.

They're going to show everyone a gameplay trailer so amazing everyone who looks upon it will be struck down and engulfed in flames.

They're going to show everyone a gameplay trailer so amazing everyone who looks upon it will be struck down and engulfed in flames.

And lo as the historical records from the 4th Imperial Human Dynasty’s Librarium Magnus on the early 21st Century states “It was bitch’n, then everything was on fire, 10/10!”

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Axen wrote: »

And lo as the historical records from the 4th Imperial Human Dynasty’s Librarium Magnus on the early 21st Century states “It was bitch’n, then everything was on fire, 10/10!”

I enjoy badass trailers. They are my favorite kind of trailer. When shit blows up and things look cyberpunky, I think to myself “yes”. When things look boring, I think to myself “no”

JtgVX0H.png
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I hate this thread and all the false hope for new information it give me and then fails to do every time.

• GSMGSM Registered User regular
    It'll just be another 5 years, and then a second *beep* tweet.

We'll get back there someday.
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Why did I even bookmark this thread

steam_sig.png
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I hate this thread and all the false hope for new information it give me and then fails to do every time.

That's why it's so important that people keep posting in it, so other people will think there's finally some damn news and be disappointed in turn.

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I hadn’t thought about this game since the announcement and didn’t know it had a thread until it popped up on the front page. This is me doing my part to keep the misery Ponzi scheme rolling (I would really like to play this game though).

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    hutllw6l.png

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I figured it out. I cracked the code.

Its Cyberpunk 2077 because that's when it'll be released!

Konphujun on
    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    Play Ruiner in the meantime, it's real good.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    GSM wrote: »

"Two beeps means it's ready!"

*beep beep*

"Like that?"

"No, slightly more rapid."

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

"Two beeps means it's ready!"

*beep beep*

"Like that?"

"No, slightly more rapid."

I'm thinking it'll be another beep.

and then some time later a long drawn out beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    oh.

I think I found something.

I decided to revisit the beginning of this thread, back in 2012. Second post in this thread has the original title reveal video.

There's... a beep at the end of the video. At exactly the 12 second mark. Of an 18 second long video.

u1pl2G4.png

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    guys today they travelled back in time 4 years and released a trailer AMAZING

I know for a fact this is your favorite super-early possibly-totally-unrelated-to-game teaser trailer ever made. Just look at it. I would worry about people reading your emails and Instagram comments, that's how on-point it is.

EDIT: I belatedly realize how culturally cyberpunkish it is for that to have happened in the first place. Fuck, that's meta.

Synthesis on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    oh.

I decided to revisit the beginning of this thread, back in 2012. Second post in this thread has the original title reveal video.

There's... a beep at the end of the video. At exactly the 12 second mark. Of an 18 second long video.

u1pl2G4.png

Please stop, your mother and I are worried for you

liEt3nH.png
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    oh.

u1pl2G4.png

December 2018????

edited January 2018
    The video in question:

That last beep is right on the mark. On desktop, mouseover the video while it's playing to keep the scrubber up and you can see it ticks over right with the audio cue.

GSM on
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    0:12/0:18

01/2018

January 2018

We'll get a new tweet in January 2018!

Wait...

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    You know what this means
    Half Life 3

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    edited January 2018
    I just hope it comes out before Mike Pondsmith dies of old age.

Bigity on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

I know for a fact this is your favorite super-early possibly-totally-unrelated-to-game teaser trailer ever made. Just look at it. I would worry about people reading your emails and Instagram comments, that's how on-point it is.

EDIT: I belatedly realize how culturally cyberpunkish it is for that to have happened in the first place. Fuck, that's meta.

they didnt datamine enough info on my pro-thiccness positions in time tho

let us hope the game pulls through

obF2Wuw.png
  • MorranMorran Registered User regular
    You know what this means
    Half Life 3

Confirmed exclusively for the Nintendo switch!

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I like that video analysis idea except for the part that they’d have to have planned their progress up to now in 2012 and have hit their marks along the way, which of course is impossible.

PSN: Honkalot
  • SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    oh.

u1pl2G4.png

December 2018????

They were still hiring artists and level designers in 2017. It’s not going to be out for a while.

5gsowHm.png
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    hutllw6l.png

you must remove your face or self destruction

Syngyne wrote: »
    Bigity wrote: »
    oh.

u1pl2G4.png

December 2018????

They were still hiring artists and level designers in 2017. It’s not going to be out for a while.

It wasn’t serious

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

they didnt datamine enough info on my pro-thiccness positions in time tho

let us hope the game pulls through

They were going to have Nicki deflect bullets, but CD Projekt Red's advertising budget 6 years before launch is limited.

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    It's a boot up beep

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    It's a boot up beep

You're a boot up beep

JtgVX0H.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I assumed it was, like, the beep your smoke alarm makes cause the battery is dying.

What is this I don't even.
    Honk wrote: »
    I like that video analysis idea except for the part that they’d have to have planned their progress up to now in 2012 and have hit their marks along the way, which of course is impossible.

No reason they couldn't have thought to themselves "probably 2018" in 2012, and then put the timing thing in the reveal trailer, knowing full well that nobody would call them out on it if they didn't meet that goal, because it was so obscure that nobody would notice without them tweeting *beep* as a clue.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I saw 27 new posts and got excited.

Now I'm sad.

So it looks like we'll be getting a new trailer at E3 this year and maybe there'll be a closed door demo.