As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [YouTube thread] steamed hams is banned

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    extremely loud noises warning for that first video

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    first person to find a steamed hams video that makes me laugh gets a crisp dollar bill

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Bad news, Kizuna AI is the face of a cryptocurrency sponsored by Palmer luckey

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

I don't know what about this sentence upsets me the most: that it exists in the first place, that I perfectly understand it, or that I actually find myself disappointed in a fake youtube AI.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Don't blame me. I voted for Wintermute.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

This looks like it was literally "We googled 'Anime' when choosing a picture" instead of an actual endorsement.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

This looks like it was literally "We googled 'Anime' when choosing a picture" instead of an actual endorsement.

From the article:

" Also on the panel, serving as the cryptocurrency's ambassador, is virtual YouTuber Kizuna AI."

• Options
    At least we still have luna

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    first person to find a steamed hams video that makes me laugh gets a crisp dollar bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDUIGvpDolw

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

heck of a way to Milkshake Duck there

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    I am gonna guess the folks behind Kizuna Ai were offered a lot of money and said "sure, why not" without researching who they were working with. Which ain't exactly a good idea in this day and age. Or ever, really.

• Options
    Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018

Man this is rad. I like Felix Colgrave a bunch.

#pipe on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I am gonna guess the folks behind Kizuna Ai were offered a lot of money and said "sure, why not" without researching who they were working with. Which ain't exactly a good idea in this day and age. Or ever, really.

Can't speak for Kizuna AI but here's what the ANN CEO had to say:

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Wow. It's like if you can't trust the creeps who pander to fans of moe girls and Weird Science to not allign with Nazis who can you trust? Well best of luck with your emberassing lollidollars which I'm sure will be the new gold standard and not at all a scam.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Wow. It's like if you can't trust the creeps who pander to fans of moe girls and Weird Science to not allign with Nazis who can you trust? Well best of luck with your emberassing lollidollars which I'm sure will be the new gold standard and not at all a scam.

Anyone got a bandaid I cut myself on this post

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Nier Automata spoilers.

https://youtu.be/L-XtMNYHsZc

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/YLVEjuRzwMM

this trailer stuck with me for the longest time

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular

so is it just gonna be some app that plays shows and mines coins in the background

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I know this is kind of off topic and I'm really not constitutional scholar, but in regards to this who cryptocurrency thing... Isn't congress the only entity in the U.S. that can coin money (Article I, Section 10). Also, wasn't this because under the Articles of Confederation when the states were making their own coinage there was massive inflationary problems? Going a little deeper, didn't the Coinage Act of 1857 ended the status of foreign coins as legal tender?

Can someone tell me why these are legal in the first place and not a tool used to launder large amounts of money?

Is this just me?

halkun on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I actually am a constitutional scholar but I unfortunately need to be paid money before I'll discourse on the subject

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I actually am a constitutional scholar but I unfortunately need to be paid money before I'll discourse on the subject

I'm sorry the only moneylike thing I have is this token with a topless woman on it I got from an adult book store.

Oh and one Mexican peso and one Deutsche mark.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Quite insufficient for the purposes at hand but talk to me out back later

• Options
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    halkun wrote: »
    I know this is kind of off topic and I'm really not constitutional scholar, but in regards to this who cryptocurrency thing... Isn't congress the only entity in the U.S. that can coin money (Article I, Section 10). Also, wasn't this because under the Articles of Confederation when the states were making their own coinage there was massive inflationary problems? Going a little deeper, didn't the Coinage Act of 1857 ended the status of foreign coins as legal tender?

Can someone tell me why these are legal in the first place and not a tool used to launder large amounts of money?

Is this just me?

They're the only entity that can make legal tender, which is a fancy term that means it cannot be refused as payment for a debt or financial obligation.

There's nothing stopping anybody from making their own currency here in the United States, but you need to have other people actually willing to accept that currency as a form of payment instead of US dollars in order for your currency to be worth anything.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

Aye, I know Witchers constitutional scholars don't work for free.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    halkun wrote: »

Is this just me?

Legally, the US treats Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency as property, not money. So when you buy something with Bitcoin, it's essentially the same as if you'd exchanged a certain amount of gold or diamonds or cattle for it. There are some interesting tax implications, or there would be if the number of people paying taxes on Bitcoin exchanges were statistically significant.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    I'm finding all these steamed hams videos amusing.

Is my sense of humor broken or have I ascended to a higher plane of humor?

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Mild amusement is what they're shooting for I think...

The Steamed Hams x Metal Gear one is perfection though

https://youtu.be/V8kp3b5h2DY
    If you haven't seen it already in the 8 times it has been posted.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

I have never head such an obnoxious Japanese accent in my life. When is that even from? It's not Osaka-ben. It's nothing I've heard around Kanto. Northern? Hokkaido? Nope, just checked. Her "Ja" sounds like "Jeh" and and "ba" sound like "wah" It's a cross between a stuffy nose and her enunciating everything out the front of her mouth. I wish I knew more about phonetics to nail it down, but that is not normal Japanese she's speaking that I can tell.

== Ninja edit ==
    This is what she is supposed to be saying in the very first sentence.
    「おはよう‼ みんな, たくさん質問をありがとうございました!」
    Ohayou! mina, takusan shitsumon o arigatou gozaimashita

This is what I literally hear.

Ohayo! nana takuzan atsuman wmo arigado godaimassda.

What on earth is that?

halkun on
  • Options
    More of a Satsuma Joe

This discussion has been closed.