As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] The fight starts August 14th

RoeRoe Always to the EastRegistered User regular
edited April 2018 in MMO Extravaganza
battle-for-azeroth-wow_1200x500.jpg

The new expansion is upon us, and the changes have been revealed.

Level to 120 in new continents of legend.
BKJ2XYS3YIXF1509567053378.jpg

For Alliance, the kingdom of Kul Tiras. Birth place of Jaina Proudmoore.
1WFCSVPL0ZM81509567058126.jpg

For the Horde, the Zandalar Empire.

Level up a necklace of great power entrusted to you by Magni Bronzebeard. This necklace acts just like artifacts once did, giving you skills through power you can find throughout the world.

WoW%20Battle%20for%20Azeroth%20Allied%20Races.jpg

New Allied races join the fight. 3 for each side, 6 total.

dims?quality=100&image_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blogcdn.com%2Fwow.joystiq.com%2Fmedia%2F2012%2F06%2Fpandaria-map580-1338560545.jpg&client=cbc79c14efcebee57402&signature=15280b8a59955b8da676d3d7efd148ad1a758e4b

Level your new character through old content in a new way. Classic zones scale up to 40 levels, while expansion content can be rearranged to your liking, allowing you to level 60-70 in Warlords of Draenor content for example.
82JRPLYD5CNM1509567052199.jpg

Plunder islands filled with random threats in groups of three and race against enemy players to complete objectives.

th?id=OIP.DOw18lfypYpwCsutFPviNAHaDp&pid=Api

Fight against other players to create bases and lay siege against other player fortifications in the siege maps inspired by Warcarft RTS games.

And finally... Join social groups across server. Also, brand new PVP instance grouping, where every player is joined in a pool after flagging for PVP inside of cities and fight against each other for world pvp rewards.

Battle for Azeroth launches August 14th 2018

oHw5R0V.jpg
Roe on

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's time to put the war back in warcraft

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    it's time to put the war back in warcraft

But also N'zoth rises and we have to join together to fight him and the Void Lords.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Eh, seems typical WWII -> Cold War scenario, in this case the nuclear power is Azerite.

Been enjoying my new Brew, even if it is just farming Azerite ATM (and some Mythics, got a 950 TF Eye trinket from the weekly, so that's cool). The Monk aesthetic grows on you since is not ultra edgy like DKs or DHs.

Also, the talking tiger is hilarious, don't know why people hate it.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I need to figure out how the AH works. I need gold and no one is buying my stuff. Is it better to sell things in bulk or smaller groups?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Honestly you kind of just need to watch the AH for those items and get a feel for typical stack size/selling price.

• Options
    So, wiped twice to LFR Dogs because my co-tank was one of those "big dick" tanks that just HAD to prove that he was macho and stacked the dogs and got over half of the raid killed at the first sphere twice.

Did got something from my bother though:
    48ftmdwm5irh.jpg
    :lol:

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I need to figure out how the AH works. I need gold and no one is buying my stuff. Is it better to sell things in bulk or smaller groups?

Have you considered buying/selling Tokens ?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    So, wiped twice to LFR Dogs because my co-tank was one of those "big dick" tanks that just HAD to prove that he was macho and stacked the dogs and got over half of the raid killed at the first sphere twice.

48ftmdwm5irh.jpg

What an idiot. Surprised he didn't get votekicked after the first time.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I'm currently sporting a 955 titanforged LFR tier cloak from Tomb. It makes working around tier bonuses interesting because none of my other TOS tier gear is anywhere near that ilvl.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »

it's not really worth trying to play the token market. You aren't allowed to hold more than 10 tokens at a time and you need the gold price to rise more than 25% from what you bought them for to make any profit, and the gold price has stayed very stable since they added the ability to cash tokens out for store credit so it probably won't go up until the next expansion inflates the gold economy again.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So am I supposed to save up 160k+ gold and try or buy one for $20 and put it up on the ah?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    if you want to buy gold with money, you go to the in-game shop menu and click on the WoW token option. If you want to buy sub time or store credit with gold, you buy a token from the option in the auction house. The tokens only cash out to $15 of store credit though compared to costing $20 to buy the same amount of gold it would take to buy a token.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »

it's not really worth trying to play the token market. You aren't allowed to hold more than 10 tokens at a time and you need the gold price to rise more than 25% from what you bought them for to make any profit, and the gold price has stayed very stable since they added the ability to cash tokens out for store credit so it probably won't go up until the next expansion inflates the gold economy again.

You can't make gold profit on tokens. They can't be bought for gold and resold for gold.

If you have spare cash in RL and want some ingame money, buy one. If you have excess gold and want to play for free, buy one with gold. The only playing of the market you can do is buying them for gold low when you need game time and hoarding them.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular

48ftmdwm5irh.jpg

That is like perfectly itemized for me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    hippofant wrote: »
    On another thing, a very common issue in WoW is people avoiding group content alltogether for performance anxiety or some bad experiences. Preach did a video about probably the most important thing about getting good at WoW: Confidence.

<snip>

Is heartfelt and doesn't feel as cringey as "Never stop going Big Dick", so might as well put it there for all those people afraid of getting into groups.

My brother and his friend are terrified of doing mythic dungeons. We ran mythic Eye of Azshara once, and we wiped twice on the first boss, and now they're terrified to try another mythic. And I'm like, yo, wiping is normal, that's how people learn how to do things in WoW, but you know these damn coddled WoW kids all expecting to one-shot everything! Back in my day, we wiped on Onyxia, we wiped on Molten Core, then we wiped on Blackwing Lair, then we wiped on AQ40, then we wiped on Naxxramas! And then you know what we did next?! We wiped on Gruul, then we wiped on Serpentshrine, then we wiped on....

Follow-up: apparently, now they think they're such hotshots, we can just run Mythic 8 Return to Karazhan despite my not having run it since TBC and their not having run it ever.

Still barely missed the timer by one wipe on the rider. Stupid spectral horses....

hippofant on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Tip for the future. The hardest part of the spectral horses is if they spawn on top of your party members. It's not random though - they always spawn 20 yds from the boss, so stacking up in melee range prevents accidental oneshots from having horses spawn on you.

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Tip for the future. The hardest part of the spectral horses is if they spawn on top of your party members. It's not random though - they always spawn 20 yds from the boss, so stacking up in melee range prevents accidental oneshots from having horses spawn on you.

TOO LATE! (That was the exact problem we were having.)

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »

48ftmdwm5irh.jpg

What an idiot. Surprised he didn't get votekicked after the first time.

"UR A PUSSY for not wanting to stack them!" was quite a convincing argument to the other 14 year olds.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I just found out the allied races have a rep requirement, which kind of soured the taste in my mouth while reading it.

It's a heck of an achievement I guess, though I don't know if I'm up for the task personally. I think it might tide me over until the expansion hits, though rep grinds aren't the best form of entertainment.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    It's achievement based so you just need it on your main, and most of those reps were needed for Legion flying anyway.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    both the alliance allied races based on legion reps are the argus reps, so not part of legion flying. The horde reps are probably an easier grind considering there's more regular quests for highmountain and the nightfallen.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Just for clarification, the racial armor transmogs for the allied races require you to level one up to (which level?), but is it like an account achievement that you could then use on any character of that race, or only the one you leveled?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Just for clarification, the racial armor transmogs for the allied races require you to level one up to (which level?), but is it like an account achievement that you could then use on any character of that race, or only the one you leveled?

Unlock new race quest by having rep achievement on any character on your account. Unlock the race by doing the race quest. You can then either race change an existing character or make a new character of that race. If you make a new character of that race, they start at lvl 20. If you lvl that 20 to 110 you get an achievement. If you have that achievement, you can xmog any characters you have on that account that are that race (may have to be 110+, not sure) to that races racial armor.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Thanks, man.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Started the night at rank 5 in brawlers. Ended the night at rank 8. Nothing was really difficult (then again I kinda outgeared it). I think the only one I wiped on at all was the pacman one and the one where you have to follow the paths through the fire.

Also picked up one of the Reins of Posedius that were sitting on the AH for cheap.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I don't even know what classes I'd make the allied races. Like I'd love to race change my shaman...but I need that transmog armor. Same with my mage.

• Options
    The Nightborn are basically Night Elves for Horde. I'm looking to unlock them to turn my Warlock into one.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    I'm saving Druid for Zandalari, so got Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne still, thinking of, dunno, Warrior and Priest respectively since don't have those.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Another thought about the new races...

I'm pretty sure the new racials will have everyone after them regardless of aesthetics.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Race change everything to Void Elf for 50% cheaper transmogs for the win.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it makes me wonder a little if an update to some of the existing racials is coming

the void elf one in particular seems nuts to me, even if the range is pretty short

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    reVerse wrote: »
    Race change everything to Void Elf for 50% cheaper transmogs for the win.

I'm kind of annoyed the Void Elves who have nothing special about their skin/torsos got the shirtless racial armor, while the Nightborne who have cool glowy tattoos get to cover them up with very typical Mage raid-tier looking stuff. I mean, I don't really want to roll either, it just seems bass-ackwards.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    I'm just happy the Horde got the Nightborne. As soon as I played the first story in Suramar, I thought that this sure feels like Quel'Thalas all over again. It was nice to see Liadrin bonding with the Nightborne over their similar fates.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    Got my Crimson Water Strider last night, so that's another off the list

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    I'm just happy the Horde got the Nightborne. As soon as I played the first story in Suramar, I thought that this sure feels like Quel'Thalas all over again. It was nice to see Liadrin bonding with the Nightborne over their similar fates.

That's because it IS Quel'thalas with the names changed.

"The blood elves Nightborne, an offshoot of the Highborne after being exiled by the other Night Elves, have a magical well of power called the SunNightwell, and their leader Kael'thas Elisandre decides to work for the Legion, so those against it have to go without said magical well of power and they need constant mana sources and control their addiction else they run the risk of turning into the Wretched Withered."

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Came back. What the fuck do all these buttons do? What the hell is veiled Azurite? How am I doing the third most DPS on this world boss after being gone since October?

Oh, well look at that, my ashbringer picked up 6 levels in a few hours. Well that's snazzy. Shamefully, it took about 4 hours to be right back at it. No alts though!

Nosf on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    It's official: 7.3.5 drops tomorrow.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Accounts protected by an Authenticator and Blizzard SMS Protect gain four extra backpack slots.

Wtf are holiday dungeons?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    Accounts protected by an Authenticator and Blizzard SMS Protect gain four extra backpack slots.

Wtf are holiday dungeons?

Holiday boss fights that you queue for with the dungeon finder, like the valentines day dudes

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.