As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Alright, let's start wrapping up offers and begin casting votes.

I'll look into the secret objective format.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I play Imperial Rider on Brody.

Imperial Rider- Play after an agenda is revealed. Predict aloud the outcome. You cannot vote. If your prediction is correct, gain 1 victory point.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Hmm. That makes the 1TG for 7votes much less appealing.

@brody @Elvenshae I'll need two TG. I don't mind who pays

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Than I'm good with 1 TG for 7 votes.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    @Preda Accepted

@Mojo_Jojo 1 now, 1 later?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Secret objective: maybe list secret objective 1, 2, and 3 on the objective track, and put the specific text in the race sheet area?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

@MrBlarney 1 now, 1 later?

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I'll need both now.

If neither of you have it to hand I'll take Creuss' cease fire or my racial card back from elvenshae in lieu of both tg

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    I'm with Mojo_Jojo. I'd rather get two goods now, considering the impact of the Imperial Rider. If you buy off Mojo_Jojo's votes with 2 Trade Goods, you shouldn't need my votes, considering your pending deal with Preda. @Brody, go ahead and pull back your order on me and put it towards Mojo_Jojo and I'll sit out this vote.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    @Mojo_Jojo Deal.

@MrBlarney yeah, I was just hoping too have some options for the next agenda.

Who votes first?

I vote first.

I abstain on this agenda.

Since Elvenshae is playing the Imperial Rider, the vote moves on to @Mojo_Jojo.

(Actually, I just checked the map again, and it looks like Creuss should have 7 votes (+1 from listed), Jol-Nar 13 votes (+1), and Letnev 8 (-1). It shouldn't affect the negotiations from this agenda, but it could have some minor effects on the second agenda.)

4463rwiq7r47.png
    7 votes to Brody in exchange for 2tg

(I'll sort out what I'm exhausting later as I don't want to hold things up right now)

@Hedgethorn to vote

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    4 votes for Winnu.

@Preda can have this if he wants it.

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    @Brody to vote.

I'll abstain.

Also, @Preda , I'll give you another TG when I refresh to vote for me/abstain. (1 TG now, 1 later).

MrBlarney wrote: »
    I vote first.

I abstain on this agenda.

Since Elvenshae is playing the Imperial Rider, the vote moves on to @Mojo_Jojo.

(Actually, I just checked the map again, and it looks like Creuss should have 7 votes (+1 from listed), Jol-Nar 13 votes (+1), and Letnev 8 (-1). It shouldn't affect the negotiations from this agenda, but it could have some minor effects on the second agenda.)

Votes corrected

FYI - I’ll be on a plane tomorrow and in meetings all week.

Bonus is that Tuesday dinner is at a board game cafe / bar place.

Brody, Agreed. 1 TG now, 1 later. Abstain.

Brody become minister, Elvenshae get 1 VP. (and should remember I didn't get in the way).

Duly noted.

Round 5: Agenda Phase

Minister goes to Brody

L1z1x- 10 votes
    Creuss- 7 votes
    Jol-Nar- 6 votes
    Arborec- 16 votes
    Letnev- 8 votes
    Winnu- 12 votes

2nd agenda

Public Execution (Directive)

Elect Player

The elected player discards all his action cards. If they are speaker, pass the speaker token to their left. The elected player cannot vote on any agendas this phase.

24 hour negotiating period.

Well that's not very nice.

Yeah... no real polite way to pick a target for that, is there.

edited January 2018
    Yep, that's a mean one

Mr Blarney has a full hand of seven if you want to make it hurt
    Brody has the fewest at three if we want it do the least
    HedgethornPreda is speaker if we want to make it rotate to L1z1x

This where a Havana player would really clean up.

Hmm. Not really sure what to do here

Mojo_Jojo on
    Yeah, so this is the one "Elect Player" agenda where you don't want to be the person elected. A correction to Mojo_Jojo's observations: Preda is currently Speaker, so only with targeting them would the Speaker token move to me. I will still advocate Hedgethorn and Mojo_Jojo as potential targets as they are the current VP leaders, though not by much. And if anyone has the "Veto" Action Card, they could also get this Agenda discarded and a new one drawn.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Is anyone interested in buying votes?

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I thought the plan was to airlock the Cylon?

I'm not interested in turning votes on anyone else. I certainly won't pay to have you vote for someone else. But I would certainly like the votes not to be directed at me.

So, who will pay me to not vote for them? :D

@MrBlarney @Hedgethorn @Preda @Brody

I propose we all pick @Mojo_Jojo for the supreme crime of Having A Lot Of Points and a second charge of Accessory to Getting Some More Easily.

Also, he looked at me funny once.

Oh yeah, the other thing that makes this agenda tricky, being the only negative "Elect Player" Agenda is that you need to negotiate with folks in a very different way. Bribes and incentives are very different.

Also, I realized that with Imperial Rider, Elvenshae is now on the same VP total as Mojo_Jojo and Hedgethorn. And since most of your VPs have come from non-Objective sources, this gives you more flexibility in VP opportunities as we move to the late game, which is a small advantage. My vote is still being decided.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    I don't like this Agenda.

Veto

Is that you playing a veto card?

Veto- After an agenda is revealed, discard that agenda and draw a new one from the deck. That agenda is voted on instead.

Going to wait on sabotage calls for this one.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    :whistle: Some-thing worse.
    Some-thing worse.

I'm a little bit surprised at this development, but I won't say no to it.

No Sabotage.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Yeah, I'll let it happen unless somebody has a pressing (>5TG) need for it to be sabotaged

No sabotage.

no sabotage