As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Adventurers League for Dungeon and Dragons 5th edition return to Pax South 2018

ambremnerambremner Pax South Adventurer League CoordinatorSan AntonioRegistered User regular
edited January 2018 in PAX South
jrb1l25fnx2w.png

Never experience the latest edition of Dragons and Dungeons. This is a great time to jump in. The current story set in the land of Chult. Chult is a land of jungle, undead, long forgotten ruins and dinosaurs. Adventurers of all sorts have travel to Chult to undo the machinations of the lich Acerack.

Need a character? Our volunteers will help get you a character ready to explore the world of Forgotten Realms. Or just pick up one of available pre-made first level characters.

For the starting adventurers, we have many 2 hours adventures gear to toward levels 1st though 4th. We also have a couple modules geared to toward a longer adventure.

Starting Adventurer's League Modules:
  • A City on the Edge (DDAL07-01)
  • A Day at the Races ( DDAL07-03 by Ruty Rutenberg)
  • A Walk in the Park ( DDAL07-04 by Satine Phoenix)
  • Song of Fates(CCC-TAROT-01)
  • Winter's Flame(DDAL00-04)
  • Chult Tortle adventure
If you already have an experienced Adventurer's League character, we also have adventures for 5th level and above.

Level 5th to 10 Adventurer's League Modules:
  • Fester and Burn(DDAL07-06)
  • Rotting Roots(DDAL07-07)
  • Ruins of Matolo : Discovery
  • The Quest for Sporedome(DEX3-11)
This year we are offering Tier 3 content( level 11-16):
  • Ruins of Hisari ( by Lysa Chen & Ruty Rutenberg ) @ 7pm Fri and 11am Sun
  • Ruins of Mezro (DDHC-TOA-7 Will Doyle, Ruty Rutenberg,& James Introcaso) @ 10:30 am Fri
Plus, we have a library of other adventures for you or your DM to check out.

Lastly, Fai Chen is available for trading unwanted certed magic items for other magical items and purchasing magical scrolls & potions.

Looks for our sign ups for the Dungeons and Dragons adventures at Pax South.

Have any suggestions or questions come by our Facebook event page: D & D Adventurers League at Pax South

ambremner on

• ambremnerambremner Pax South Adventurer League Coordinator San AntonioRegistered User regular
    Here is the schedule for Dungeon and Dragons Adventures for Pax South 2018:

Adventurer League Pax South 2018 Schedule

• wickedtexanwickedtexan Belton, TXRegistered User regular
    I've been waiting for something like this. I was a DM in my high school days, and have wanted to get my wife and 12 year old son into this. Where will you guys be located at?

• The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    I've been waiting for something like this. I was a DM in my high school days, and have wanted to get my wife and 12 year old son into this. Where will you guys be located at?

They've been in the tabletop freeplay area in the past. I don't think I saw them on the map anywhere, so that'd be a good place to start - and ask an enforcer once you're there because the tabletop freeplay is quite large.

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • ambremnerambremner Pax South Adventurer League Coordinator San AntonioRegistered User regular

We should be located by the Tabletop gaming vendors like we were last year. I will post directions once Adventurers League volunteers get onsite on Thursday. There will be poster hanging on the drapes that says Adventurers League.

Wizards of the Coast has a Basic copy of the rules for free:
    DnD 5th edition Basic Rules pdf

Wizards also has character sheets you can download
    DnD Character Sheets links are at bottom of web page

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

• Captain MorganismCaptain Morganism Houston, TxRegistered User regular
    Will you have pre-generated characters for people to hop in as?

• Animal-_-Animal-_- Registered User regular

The second paragraph of the OP says yes.

uBoT4dK.jpg
    Animal-_- wrote: »

The second paragraph of the OP says yes.

As Animal has already pointed out, Yes pre-made characters will be available. :biggrin:

Sorry. Reading is hard. :(

Sorry. Reading is hard. :(

but reading is also rewarding. It is all good. 8-) I hope see you'll at Pax South.

• nbs2nbs2 Registered User regular
    At the risk of sounding kind of dumb, but how does adventurer's league work?

Do we need to sign up in advance (online, at the booth, at the DMV) or is it a first come first serve type of thing? Also, it sounds like we are limited to building characters from the basic rules or can you use anything from the PHB?

• StinkyTurdStinkyTurd Registered User regular
    So I'm debating should I go grab a pub and I was planning to get xanathars guide to everything from a comic shop around here or would d&d beyond be functional do you think? Xanathars had some class options I was I trestles in so figured I may as well grab it.

Had a lot of fun playing today.

nbs2: get there early to sign up. Spots full up fast.

Stinky: Xanathar's is a great book. A lot of the info in it was worthy of being in the player's handbook.

nbs2 wrote: »
    At the risk of sounding kind of dumb, but how does adventurer's league work?

Do we need to sign up in advance (online, at the booth, at the DMV) or is it a first come first serve type of thing? Also, it sounds like we are limited to building characters from the basic rules or can you use anything from the PHB?

For PaxSouth, there were on-site sign up sheet and the space were filled very quickly. You needed an DCI# number which you get online at the wizards site or from your friendly local game shop or from us.

For AL characters, you use point buy system for the character's stats and you can make it from PHB(Player Handbook Book) and one additional resource book of your choosing(Xanathar's Guide to Everything, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, Volo's Guide to Monsters, or Elemental Evil Player’s Companion). Lastly, no races with flying at first level.

You can see details in the D&D Adventurer's League Player Guide which you can download for free on DmGuild.com

• nbs2nbs2 Registered User regular
    Returning to this several months later, I just wanted to thank the AL folks. We couldn’t get signed up on Sat morning fast enough, but we did get to play on Friday for one session. We had a great time and resolved to try and sign up for a couple sessions next year.

If the local wasn’t on Wed nights, I think we would keep it going in the interim.