As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] The fight starts August 14th

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    Accounts protected by an Authenticator and Blizzard SMS Protect gain four extra backpack slots.

:lol:

Wtf are holiday dungeons?

Holiday boss fights that you queue for with the dungeon finder, like the valentines day dudes

Are they more like group scenarios or actual dungeons with significant length and challenge?

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    A few toys that cause players other than the caster to take involuntary action (such as the Piccolo of Flaming Fire or Tickle Totem) no longer function on targets outside the instigator’s party or raid group.
    RIP
    Accounts protected by an Authenticator and Blizzard SMS Protect gain four extra backpack slots.

Wtf are holiday dungeons?

Holiday boss fights that you queue for with the dungeon finder, like the valentines day dudes

Are they more like group scenarios or actual dungeons with significant length and challenge?

they're all of one boss fight

liEt3nH.png
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Holiday dungeons have been a thing since Wrath iirc, starting with headless horseman for Halloween.

steam_sig.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I hear that allied races are not going to be in 7.3.5, boo

BahamutZERO.gif
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    So, wiped twice to LFR Dogs because my co-tank was one of those "big dick" tanks that just HAD to prove that he was macho and stacked the dogs and got over half of the raid killed at the first sphere twice.

Did got something from my bother though:
    48ftmdwm5irh.jpg

What an idiot. Surprised he didn't get votekicked after the first time.

"UR A PUSSY for not wanting to stack them!" was quite a convincing argument to the other 14 year olds.

It is one of those things that can work if your lfr healers are over geared higher end raiders slumming it AND you can get the void ball not going right into the heart of your casters and everybody understands to use their defensive CD as needed to buy healers some breathing room. But LFR being LFR almost none of those things will happen and you just wipe on a stupidly simple fight.

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I hear that allied races are not going to be in 7.3.5, boo

Taliesen and Evitel mentioned that Allied races are a BFA feature and hence they are tied to the BFA preorder. So, in some countries, to be able to legally offer the BFA preorder they have to give a launch date (hello Star Citizen!) and don't think that Blizz wants to actually, you know, commit to that almost a year before release.

TryCatcher on
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    I think one way or the other we won't know about allied races until march. I am expecting that goes live once whatever time gating/story line epilogue stuff goes in with the patch tomorrow which buys them a month or two for the preorder which seems pretty reasonable for their normal release cycle.

edited January 2018
    So, 7.3.5 is up tomorrow.

Quick rundown:
    • Leggos are at 175 essences again. Is the end of the expansion, who gives a fuck. EDIT: And they are back at 1000, they had forgotten to update the patch notes before releasing them. :rotate:
    • Ulduar TW is in, woo!
    • Leveling changes, when all the people that just want to reroll and have leveled quite a bit already find that suddenly leveling takes that much more longer and heirlooms's stats are nerfed and XP potions are apparently gone (!) they are going to be pissed, and the clash against the many players that pretty much just level characters over and over again without actually getting into end game content is...not going to be pretty.

TryCatcher on
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular

Quick rundown:
    • Leggos are at 175 essences again. Is the end of the expansion, who gives a fuck. EDIT: And they are back at 1000, they had forgotten to update the patch notes before releasing them. :rotate:
    • Ulduar TW is in, woo!
    • Leveling changes, when all the people that just want to reroll and have leveled quite a bit already find that suddenly leveling takes that much more longer and heirlooms's stats are nerfed and XP potions are apparently gone (!) they are going to be pissed, and the clash against the many players that pretty much just level characters over and over again without actually getting into end game content is...not going to be pretty.

Wait, what? There are changes to leveling?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Bagged our first heroic Argus kill last night so bring on the patches!

• Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

Quick rundown:
    • Ulduar TW is in, woo!

Wait, what? There are changes to leveling?

Yeah, as is levelling is pretty terrible and pointless, because you outlevel zones way too fast. To fix this they added level scaling. Blizzard wants there to be at least the possibility of a coherent narrative. Problem is even with scaling people were still outlevelling things too quickly, so they slowed things down, especially under 60.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    They increased mob HP more than tenfold by the time you get to level 80, and increased XP per level by up to 75%. It sounds awful, but I did some playing around with it on PTR and it actually feels really good. I think levelling will take longer but will actually feel like WoW again, which is only a good thing. 100 hours of interesting levelling where you get to actually play your character and do quests in a logical way is better than 60 hours of levelling where you oneshot every mob with filler spells and outlevel zones halfway through.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the general impression seems to be that the whole game has the same feel as the start of an expansion; it's still relatively easy to level but mobs can still threaten you a little bit

I dunno how much a full rack of heirlooms helps though. I have a baby mage sitting around at level 80 that I'm kinda excited to run through the jade forest on

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Guys stop it, you're killing me. I can't afford to resub.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Ah, that is gonna be interesting. All of my characters are level 85+ so I'm good it seems. Leveling with my brother who has the recruit a friend account should still be pretty easy too.

Speaking of recruit a friend, I'm torn on the two person mount. I have to wait till the 20th to get the one from recruit a friend but I could also just drop 100k gold on the alchemy one. Though I'm wondering if it is cheaper to buy the mats and have it made.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Guys stop it, you're killing me. I can't afford to resub.

you read the thread of a game you're addicted to at your own damn risk

liEt3nH.png
  • Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    Mmm! I just leveled 1-110 with a friend. I did find the inability to stick with a zone without "outleveling" it annoying at times as we had to "ration" our time in expansions. He's completely fresh to the game so trying to decide what are the best quest-lines in the expansions to show off and fitting those into the extremely accelerated leveling was a bit annoying.

On the OTHER hand killing things quickly was good. Slowing down leveling by making mobs take an order of magnitude longer will really just punish people without heirlooms and less leveling friendly specializations such as healers, tanks on single target quests, etc.

I feel like they could have accomplished more good by including some experience slowdown and their "flex expansion/zones" plans. The mob health boost sounds... ill-considered.

anyway i hope the rate at which you get skills while leveling is better these days

i've been an advocate for fast leveling just because a lot of the gameplay experience just isn't interesting while you're leveling, you have practically no skills and your opponents have nothing to worry about beyond coming in groups

like oh boy i'm going to put a corruption on something and shadowbolt it till dead zzz

liEt3nH.png
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    anyway i hope the rate at which you get skills while leveling is better these days

i've been an advocate for fast leveling just because a lot of the gameplay experience just isn't interesting while you're leveling, you have practically no skills and your opponents have nothing to worry about beyond coming in groups

like oh boy i'm going to put a corruption on something and shadowbolt it till dead zzz

Preach it, brother; this is the considerable downside of the savage ability pruning they've done in the past two expansions. You kill mobs by pressing the same three buttons EVERY SINGLE TIME rather than the array of combos you could generate in days of yore, and it's just not as interesting.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Mmm! I just leveled 1-110 with a friend. I did find the inability to stick with a zone without "outleveling" it annoying at times as we had to "ration" our time in expansions. He's completely fresh to the game so trying to decide what are the best quest-lines in the expansions to show off and fitting those into the extremely accelerated leveling was a bit annoying.

On the OTHER hand killing things quickly was good. Slowing down leveling by making mobs take an order of magnitude longer will really just punish people without heirlooms and less leveling friendly specializations such as healers, tanks on single target quests, etc.

I feel like they could have accomplished more good by including some experience slowdown and their "flex expansion/zones" plans. The mob health boost sounds... ill-considered.

The mob health boost is the best part of the changes. It means people actually get to play their class, rather than simply one shotting everything they come across with their filler spellw and never actually getting a chance to do any sort of rotation

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Working on the pond nettle mount now, now that's a grind.

Been seeing an increase in "casual friendly" guild advertisements in trade, it's very tempting.

For reference, the guild I'm in is dead I'm the only person who's logged in for months), but I'm too low of rank to force out the GM.

edited January 2018
    Anyways. Doing progress on the Monk, pretty much only missing relics from the Augunite vendor and done, so that should be easy. Also got Meatball going, though the missions take a while to spawn and are kind of long so yeah.

Also a Mark of Honor quest finally spawned so I can stop looking like....well. The hell is with a good chunk of Leather gear looking like it came from a BDSM party? Is either that or a tree FFS. So:
    ykazwp60df1s.jpg
    Fits well with the Hidden Brew appereance.

TryCatcher on
    I bought the drake two person flying mount. Still have 86k gold. Now I can get one of the other refer a friend mounts that I wanted more.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    You aren't going to play a level 110 or even 100 character at level 20. But they did make sure the core of every rotation exists pretty early. I think they did that for the launch of legion.

You are supposed to slowly gain new skills though. The purpose is never to get the whole bag thrown at you and they just learn it all at once for 100 levels. You are suppose to start small and mastery the simple then add to it. Also having something to work towards is one of the main motivations of leveling.

People wanting new classes might be slightly annoyed now as it takes more rocketing through leveling content to do so. Anyone wanting to actually grow a new character is going to have an awesome time. Being able to finish entire zone stories, and not have to run around the world more than actually complete quests will not only feel better, but actually make gaining exp more consistent. Before you gain 2 levels in like 30 mins and then spend 15 minutes getting to a new zone. Now you gain like 5 levels in longer but without 33% of your time spent being moving around. Which is a much more enjoyable experience.

I think dungeon leveling is going to still be lucrative. They did increase quest exp some, and having a huge pool of dungeons start to build up will work wonders.

How does leveling as a Fury Warrior work? I die in almost every fight I do.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    How does leveling as a Fury Warrior work? I die in almost every fight I do.

I've heard that Arms Warrior is the way to go. And use Victory Rush to sustain.

I did use Icy Veins. Didn't help.

Yea, Arms is great. I've been using it for leveling but I wanted to give Fury a try because it looks cool. I just can't survive anything. I went back to Arms but I still want to understand Fury.

In my experience Icy Veins leveling guides tended to only cover current expansion leveling.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I think fury really suffers until it can take the talent to make bloodthirst heal for a ton more after a charge. Then it stabilizes pretty well. But the design direction they took with it unfortunately doesn't work out well before the artifact flat out. Might have been a misstep on their part with regards to leveling. Or maybe they just felt it was ok because you could always go arms.

Maybe keep up with creating relevant bandages and use those?

Blizzard has always had a bad habit of balancing around max level. I remember there was a period (Wrath after the pre-Cata patch I think?), where Prot Paladins had their defensive cooldowns all nerfed to 20%. Divine Protection was our "big" one at the time, and it was nerfed for GotAK, which we didn't get till something like 83. Didn't help if you were still working on Arthas though.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    So i've been playing for a bit, but most of my friends have quit playing. If anyone wants another person to hang around and play with, i'm almost always online and around doing random stuff. I have 3 110s on both Horde and Alliance, so if you play either side hit me up. Or if you have alts to level or whatever random shenanigans. :p

Currently leveling random alts and focusing on unlocking class mounts because for some reason that is strangely compelling.

CorriganX#1802

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    I probably should've had someone do a refer a friend thing before paying for a month's sub...

• CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Nobody wrote: »
    Blizzard has always had a bad habit of balancing around max level. I remember there was a period (Wrath after the pre-Cata patch I think?), where Prot Paladins had their defensive cooldowns all nerfed to 20%. Divine Protection was our "big" one at the time, and it was nerfed for GotAK, which we didn't get till something like 83. Didn't help if you were still working on Arthas though.

Druid tanks were brutal at that phase. Blizzard added a cooldown to swipe and the new second half of the aoe threat rotation, thrash, wasn't available until level 82. This meant that a druid tank could not effectively hold threat in regular dungeons without cooperation from party members (lol). This meant of course that you sucked and should die of aids. It was not the most welcoming of returns to the game.

Or another fun thing was druid tanks not getting aoe threat attacks until level 40. This again meant that most druid tanks sucked horribly back when everyone was leveling up alts in TBC and Wrath.

Caedwyr on
    CorriganX wrote: »
    So i've been playing for a bit, but most of my friends have quit playing. If anyone wants another person to hang around and play with, i'm almost always online and around doing random stuff. I have 3 110s on both Horde and Alliance, so if you play either side hit me up. Or if you have alts to level or whatever random shenanigans. :p

Currently leveling random alts and focusing on unlocking class mounts because for some reason that is strangely compelling.

CorriganX#1802

I definitely need people to play with. I'm guildless and have no friends who play this anymore. I'll go ahead and add you. I'm Stragint#1390.

I have an Alliance 110 Rogue, Warlock, and Warrior, 101 Monk, 100 Demon Hunder, 90 Paladin, 90 Death Knight, 85 Druid, 85 Priest, and 85 Hunter. I have a Horde 91 Shaman and 85 Mage.

My brother is just starting, about to get his first 110 and we are doing the recruit a friend right now.

Pond Nettle fished up.

Started grinding through the different color options on hidden and mage tower challenge weapons. Doing Arch while doing so as it lets me build up towards other achievements.

Also swapped to one of those casual guilds. Time to start leveling guild rep again.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    So is there a time window for Battle for Azeroth? Like, I'd been thinking it'd be the holiday season, but further up this page it was starting to sound like you guys expect it for summer?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited January 2018
    It's been 500 solves since I got a rare Tol'vir artefact from archaeology. I only have one left to get, and it's the glowing scimitar sword. Of course, that sword is the entire reason I started the archaeology grind, so of course it would be the last one that I am going to get.

Dhalphir on
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    CorriganX wrote: »

CorriganX#1802

Friend request sent

Anyone in thread feel free to add me as well.... Khraul#1822

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Having only recently resubbed to wow, I hit 110 on my first toon today (DH).

I was looking at levelling my druid as well, but looking at the fact that it has 4 artifacts weapons, how arduous is it to level alts in legion?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
This discussion has been closed.