As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bohemia Interactive presents DayZ 1.0 or: Wait, It's Actually Out of Early Access?

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    This is my favorite for the sheer catastrophe of it all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvB23AgKmd8

Platy on
  • Options
    Ash of YewAsh of Yew Registered User regular
    lol I can't say that one makes me miss Fyndir ;P

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Thinking about making a revolver compilation, off to an OK start! He had an AK, lvl 2 helmet and 3 armor.
    iTUhN13.jpg

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    5AEA8713D1B43D3909CA9125F26D9168DF6A2B24

No one showed up unfortunately.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    I already told Bororm, but I paid 2.07 € for a key in PUBG and all I got was a pair of pants

Not even nice ones, really ugly ones

Platy on
  • Options
    Escape from Tarkov is like living out of a tent in DayZ if the only way to get guns was from other players/ais.

I mean, there are actually other ways to get guns, but that's the overall feel of it. Just constantly scrounging and losing your stuff to guys with better stuff or basically just overwhelming odds. I'm still a little torn on what I think about it. I'm having fun, but the amount of effort it takes to feel like you're actually accomplishing anything meaningful is pretty steep. Which to be fair I don't think is a fault of the game itself, that is sorta the point of it.

• Options
    I guess dear old Brian Hicks actually has an unofficial blog where he muses on game development. http://www.5550199.com/

Also if you wanna hear him ramble:
    https://youtu.be/lVYBShivMFg

There's really not much new there though.

• Options
    Last night I dreamt I was staying at some resort and heard rumors there was a DayZ themed resort next door. I went to check it out and it only barely seemed like DayZ at all, and seemed like an excuse to just keep things run down. It was also just full of little kids.

My subconscious may be trying to tell me something.

• Options
    I still want to one day make the DayZ map I continue to see in my dreams

I started playing PUBG solos again and if I put on action movie music, I apparently do very well

Got seven kills yesterday and died at rank #2 to the circle

• Options
    The new status report is actually pretty decent, content wise: https://dayz.com/blog/status-report-27-february-2018

The part about the new damage system is especially interesting. They are making it a bit more in depth, even including organ hit zones. They want to make it so that shooting some one in the limbs won't really kill you, unless you bleed out. I think that's partly a good idea, as long as you can still knock out from limb shots too, as it would be frustrating to shoot some one 10x in the foot to no real immediate effect. I wouldn't mind more scenarios where you don't outright die from fights, because I think that gives people more chances for interactions and also adds longevity to characters. Of course I don't doubt in most cases people will just execute each other, but it would be nice for the possibilities to exist.

Barrel length is also going to affect projectile speed and energy, so every weapon of the same caliber won't just be the same as it currently is.

• Options
    Still expecting arms to shield the character (like they also do in PUBG)

• Options
    k7MaDJZ.jpg

Boomstick = Borormstick

• Options
    :D

• Options
    Here's the current checklist of .63's progress: https://dayz.com/blog/0-63-experimental-release-checklist#/ui

• Options
    My first solo Chicken Dinner

5653FFB9801C0ABBBF1EDD7000CCFDD0ED4F6A5F

• Options
    I guess the devs streamed .63 today for a bit. I watched a few minutes of it, but there wasn't much going on. The chat was full of negative comments of course. It makes me feel a little bad, there's a lot of very valid criticism to be had but when you reach the point where you can do absolutely nothing right in some people's eyes then I think it has just become cruel. Don't pay attention to the game any more if you feel that way.

• Options
    This is the check list for things needing completion before .63 goes on experimental. It's updated 2-3x a week.
    https://dayz.com/blog/0-63-experimental-release-checklist#/newPlayerCharacter

There is actually not a ton of things left it seems like. Some basic stuff isn't going to be in immediately, like scopes, throwing and even leaning apparently? Iterations are supposed to come very quickly after it goes live at least. It does feel like there might finally be something some what soon.

• Options
    Timed stress tests in the next couple weeks: https://dayz.com/blog/status-report-27-march-2018

Which are going to be condensed spawn with guns death matches basically.

• Options
    The first stress test was today, here's a thread about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/8ela3c/dayz_063_stress_test_discussion_megathread/

• Options
    HamuelHamuel voted most likely to clip through the ground Registered User regular
    Updated thread title because LADDERS

• Options
    .63 has just hit experimental
    https://dayz.com/experimental

• Options
    Hey guys, some or most of you already know that I ID as trans and while this might be weird, I'd appreciate if you could use they/them or she/her pronouns. Thank you. Hit me up on Steam if you have any questions.

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    It appears this thread gets updates from time to time, but I just wanted to pop in and drop this little gem from today's tweet:

I'll cut to the chase:

From the page: https://dayz.com/blog/status-report-11-september-2018
    Now I have something that many of you probably don’t expect yet, but we want to see things move along at a faster pace there so we can get feedback: We've decided to release the DayZ 0.63 Server Files before BETA, and currently, we'd like to make them available to all DayZ players within the next week. Everyone will be able to download the Server Files for free on Steam under the tools section, and from that moment, everyone will be able to host a DayZ server on their own. I think that with the release of Server Files, we will see a much broader variety of server setups and community made game modes and while the full modding tool-set won’t be available before BETA, I think you guys have already figured a lot of the stuff out.

To that end, I'll be standing up a server once these files release. I've been waiting a long, long time for this. Anyone interested?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Damn, five years later and they're still only up to 0.63.

When's this actually due to come out of beta? 2025?

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    It’s not like they’re counting up to 1.00, it’s just an iteration version.

Which is not to say that a full version isn’t way overdue or whatever, just that that’s not how version numbers work.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Yeah that post wasn't 100% serious.

Or was it?

Is this post serious?!?

• Options
    Hey I think most of us would probably check it out if you hosted a server, as long as the pop stayed some what steady that would be fun!

Also, .63 is technically beta so they just entered beta recently haha At least they're finally out of Alpha? =P

• Options
    HamuelHamuel voted most likely to clip through the ground Registered User regular
    I refreshed this page today on a whim (I keep this tab open for... reasons...) and found some new activity. How exciting.

I'm in to check out a private server if we have one to mess around on!

• Options
    edited September 2018
    @DietarySupplement
    https://dayz.com/blog/dayz-server-files-launch

Looks like they've released the files! I'd be curious to know if it's possible to enable barrels/tents etc, as they're currently disabled on experimental and really one of the main things keeping some of us from playing.

Curious in general what your plans for a server would be!

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Ash of Yew wrote: »
    @DietarySupplement
    https://dayz.com/blog/dayz-server-files-launch

Looks like they've released the files! I'd be curious to know if it's possible to enable barrels/tents etc, as they're currently disabled on experimental and really one of the main things keeping some of us from playing.

Curious in general what your plans for a server would be!

Heya. I did get the binaries downloaded and it looks like there's a lot of (currently) undocumented options and flags. I got it installed and I had to wade through some forum posts to get the real ports that needed opened up. I'll finalize the settings tonight and bring the server online. Bigger question, though: do we want to open it up for the public or keep it PA only?

• Options
    My personal vote would be open so it has a larger population. Everyone in this thread at least is also friends at this point, so there wouldn't be much pvp if it is PA only haha

• Options
    OKAY! Server is up and patched and ready to go. You should see it in the "community" servers tab under "[PA] Penny Arcade DayZ Server."

Note that I *think* you need the experimental client to be able to connect.

Let me know if you sign in or have any problems.

• Options
    OKAY! Server is up and patched and ready to go. You should see it in the "community" servers tab under "[PA] Penny Arcade DayZ Server."

Note that I *think* you need the experimental client to be able to connect.

Let me know if you sign in or have any problems.

I'm gonna sign on and poke around this evening!

• Options
    Thanks to DayZ, last night I had a dream about long jumping.

• Options
    I often get dreams where I jump and then forget to fall and just float

• Options
    That's how birds fly, they just forget to fall.

• Options
    Ash of Yew wrote: »
    That's how birds fly, they just forget to fall.

Or you just throw yourself at the ground and miss

• Options
    I really regret not finding out what he had to say :[
    eOYNCJU.jpg

• Options
    Well friends, DayZ officially released today! I think they're having a free weekend as well, so anyone who was holding off can go check it out!

If you haven't played it in a while, it is worth checking out again. It's been overhauled big time in the last few months, and while I don't think anyone's about to pretend the game isn't still a bit of a mess, there are some big improvements. I'd say give it another chance, and give getting used to the new controls a chance too before you criticize them too much. They aren't terribly intuitive in places, but once you get used to them they do make sense and the gameplay does feel more fluid as a result.

All that said I'd expect a lot of hackers with grudges and DDOSing these next few days. Some how people took the development of this game as a personal attack, and I'm sure they'll be out in force.