As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

and the name of the thread is [POD CATS]

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

You are a human being. Which means "you" are actually one human plus the trillions of microscopic life forms living in you. And "you" are living in a civilization that's only had microscopes since the 1670s, and only begun to understand what microscopes reveal. And "you" are living on a planet that was dominated by microbial life for about half its natural history, with more complex species only showing up in the last quarter, like a Miami Heat fan in between South Beach clubs. Which all begs the question: is this the microbes' world, and we're just living in it? And what does that mean for us as a species?

On this week's episode of The Cracked Podcast, Alex Schmidt sits down with science journalist Ed Yong (The Atlantic) for a look at the incredible world of microbes we've been living in this whole time, covered brilliantly in Ed's book I Contain Multitudes. Find out how trillions of tiny bacteria & germs guide everything from your nutrition, to our psychology, to the evolution of life on earth itself.

Man I feel like I can draw a line from Jack leaving Cracked to the show no longer using a variety of licensed music to episodes becoming an hour to this episode only being 45 minutes and it's a best fit line around a bunch of points representing terrible meetings with Cracked's shitty new owners.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    LOCK HIM DOWN

????

Too early, it's not June.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Who is even still there to be on the podcast?

Related, I went to unsubscribe from Cracked's YouTube channel a couple weeks ago and there banner was still for a Roger video that was supposed to come out a few days after the big firing. Was depressing.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

Uh, did Dan and Bianca get a ferret? Nope, not theirs.

Mx. Quill on
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Blank Check's Speed Racer episode is very cathartic

They all love this movie so much!

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

Ferrets are cute, but are one of the shittiest pets I've ever had to take care of.

Undead Scottsman on
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Y’all they talk about robocop vs the terminator on this week’s blank check

Objectively the 154th best game ever

rhylith on
  • jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Ok this blank check episode is convincing me that maybe I should finally get around to watching Robocop.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
    It’s on Hulu, gonna watch when I get home.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The Robocop episode should've been longer

6F32U1X.png
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I listened to the first part of that Dan and Stu and friends 80s kid RPG thing and you know what?

Stu's a fun guy.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The Robocop episode should've been longer
    I don't want David to be arrested for murder

CYpGAPn.png
    Ben with the laugh out loud moment of the episode yet again
    If you win the award do they give you rings?

Ferrets are cute, but are one of the shittiest pets I've ever had to take care of.

Ferrets are adorable assholes, I'll give you that. I've had ferrets since 2005, I should know.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Forget home ownership or having a kid. This is where the boy finally becomes a man

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I listened to the first part of that Dan and Stu and friends 80s kid RPG thing and you know what?

Stu's a fun guy.

is this a flophouse thing?

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Waffles are my fav but I sure as hell wouldn't turn down some good pancakes.

French Toast is also really good but it's more a centerpiece than a compliment like waffles/pancakes.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Belgian waffles with bacon or sausage on the side are my ideal brunch

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

Stu's a fun guy.

is this a flophouse thing?

Yes. It's Dan and Stu from The Flophouse doing some roleplaying.

boredghost.com/episode-091-better-off-pt1-tales-loop/

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Thanks for the link, Chico, that sounds like a good time and I'm excited to listen to it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Look, the Luke and Mike LMTYAHSs are still there, so someone has to listen to them, and it might as well be me. (They're pretty good, really.)
    "We were not joking last week when we said that we're back." There are like 5 episodes of this left.
    "Make Google Glass, John." "Google Glass wasn't even a thing when this panel was written." And since this podcast, it's gone back to not being a thing. Something about the passage of time here is horrifying.
    oh no Bill Cosby jokes, oh NO
    Thank god Luke put in the Warhammer of Zillyhoo song when he said Warhammer of Zillyhoo.
    The Wrinklefucker is good.
    "Jade's the worst character." "Oh, there are s- don't- listen, there is plenty of time to decide on the worst character, there is no reason to rush that decision." you cannot call Jade the worst character, there are... so many characters
    "Why are they in El Dorado?" "That's a great question, Mike."
    "It's the reason everybody went after gold, it started the gold rush."
    "They both have buck teeth." "Yeah, they look kind of similar." "Are they the same person?" Yes, that's it, you nailed it.
    "Listen to the old episodes again. With all the awful audio quality. It builds character."
    "I am the player. You are the played."
    Luke cannot fucking read this Kanaya line.
    "You bested me. You doed it."
    "Like on a subconscious level, I just know every word of this story." "Ugh, that makes me so sad."

• SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular

Apparently a certain former Kinda Funny employee has made a video accusing people of harassing him, including friend of Giant Bomb Steve Kim

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The successful white guy is the real victim.

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I feel like part of the problem with people recognizing racism is just people failing to recognize how statistics effect other people's perspectives. For example about 13% of Americans are black, be they African Americans or descendants from black cultures throughout Europe or South American countries like Jamaica or whatever. Let's round that down to 10% for simplicity sake. Now let's say simply hypothetically 10% of Americans act prejudice toward black people. Not openly KKK cross burning racist or even casual racism on Xbox Live racist but they follow them around convenience stores or cross to the other side of the street or they bid less money for items on eBay because they see a black person holding them.

It might be perfectly logical that some portion of white people will say there's less racism than there is because they don't experience or notice it from the vast majority of people in their sheltered babysoft cartoon lives. At the same time it's perfectly logical that the response from that 13% of Americans that are black people is going to be "EVERY FUCKING DAY."

Mwx884o.jpg
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    That famous south american nation, jamaica

PNk1Ml4.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Rob Zachny getting super into Legend of the Galactic Heroes is my everything

IKknkhU.gif
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

Hot take on hot cakes: both are bad.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Oh man, Dan seems completely into Opus Magnum in this Quick Look, which is fantastic.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Okay I listened to episode 14 of the Luke and Mike LMTYAHS, so I'm back to a few newer episodes, and I'm just going to get really confused about what's going on in all the different LMTYAHSs, which is how it should be.
    Tavros trying to troll Dave and then blocking him is great.
    "And there's a link to a Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff page where that's the punchline." "Not clicking it." See this is why Mike didn't finish the comic, he didn't engage with it properly.
    "Let's have a talk about a kickstarter where I read the Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff comics." "Oh boy." "Yeah, right? Hello twenty grand." These days, that would be a patreon goal (I don't know if this was actually before patreon was big.)
    "He didn't think that through, Hussie." "I guess not." "What an idiot."
    "Dear Jade, I hate... time in this fuckin..." same tbh
    "I think the white pieces are from El Dorado"
    "If him and Jade are in El Dorado," "Uh huh" "that means Dave and Rose have to end up in El Denado."
    "This whole intermission is about Jack Reacher or whatever, right?"
    "I'm just imagining like, little tiny cans of TAB with little tiny anime shades on them." "Alright, that is pretty adorable."
    "We're probably gonna break from the convention of every episode being 41 minutes and 30 seconds, and just fit the whole intermission into one episode, because, we don't need to spread that out over multiple episodes." "I forgot that was a stupid dumb thing that you did."

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Hot take on hot cakes: both are bad.

I cut myself on this post.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I listend to all the matrix episodes of Blank Check today. hell of a fun podcast.

Blank Check's Speed Racer episode is very cathartic

They all love this movie so much!

well, this is timely for meeeeeee gonna listen to that tomorrow. can't wait.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh man, Dan seems completely into Opus Magnum in this Quick Look, which is fantastic.

This a frontrunner for Best Surprise for 2018, tbh

Moriveth wrote: »

Sadly, that's a December 2017 game, so it would've been released after they recorded the GOTY podcasts.

Similarly, I just started Gravity Rush 2 last night and it is a joy. And it too was a 2017 game that smartly had a Photo Mode.

OBsmHBMl.jpg

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

I was actually just joking about Best Surprise being “Dan being super into Opus Magnum”.

I wish I could wrap my head around Zachtronics games though.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    at a certain point y'all are gonna have to stop being surprised when dan likes something

liEt3nH.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    or what

BahamutZERO.gif
    I’m generally not, but Opus Magnum seems so far out of his interests (magic shit, programming, not super actiony), I was pleasantly surprised at how into it he was.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    dan's expressed a great love for puzzle games!

y'all just think dan's the wrestling metal gear guy

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.