As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stardew Valley

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Found this on clearance for PS4 at Target so I bought it for my wife. She's been playing for 8 hours straight. Oops.

Elliot's her real husband now.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    Found this on clearance for PS4 at Target so I bought it for my wife. She's been playing for 8 hours straight. Oops.

She just asked Elliot to be her dance partner!

He said "Not today" so I'm still safe.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »

She just asked Elliot to be her dance partner!

He said "Not today" so I'm still safe.

/whispers to Ms Durions, "He loves duck feathers."

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    My younger brother picked this up on the switch recently and was watching him play, giving him some tips here and there.

Now for the last week I've been playing Stardew again making ancient berry wine for money to get some of the bigger purchases.

I realized I've played over 100+hours and yet still have not seen 1 prismatic shard at all.

That said, it's still great and I think the multi-player is going be a great addition.

Oh and f**k Jojo mart.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    My younger brother picked this up on the switch recently and was watching him play, giving him some tips here and there.

Now for the last week I've been playing Stardew again making ancient berry wine for money to get some of the bigger purchases.

I realized I've played over 100+hours and yet still have not seen 1 prismatic shard at all.

That said, it's still great and I think the multi-player is going be a great addition.

Oh and f**k Jojo mart.

That's ok, I have 185 hours (plus some from husband's account back when I only had a mac) and have never seen a dinosaur egg.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    akjak wrote: »

Oh and f**k Jojo mart.

That's ok, I have 185 hours (plus some from husband's account back when I only had a mac) and have never seen a dinosaur egg.

Look, I'm not saying you should go to Marnie's and buy a chicken and name it [107].

But I am saying you could.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Wait what?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Wait what?

Stardew valley's engine parses item codes with brackets

So if you give your character or a pet a name like [103] , you'll get weird interactions where talking to people and having them repeat your name ( [103] ) will result in the game spawning an item and them automatically giving it to you

as well as giving animals names that can turn them into other animals

• Options
    akjak wrote: »

Oh and f**k Jojo mart.

Look, I'm not saying you should go to Marnie's and buy a chicken and call it [107].

But I am saying you could.

Hmm. Hmm. I mean, I've put in my time, right? I deserve this?

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    This is one of the reasons I I keep dinosaurs on my farm. just so once multiplayer hits, I can give everyone eggs.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    There used to be a time when a certain lime green wallpaper had the exact same item code as a prismatic shard, so if you had the interior decorating catalogue you could load up on green wallpaper to hand out to the townsfolk and they would think you just gave them the most valuable thing ever. It also worked in the desert to get the super sword but did not work in the museum.

Good times.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    I feel like I've gotten 2 eggs on my current run. The 1st one I just donated to Gunther, not knowing any better, but the second one is currently being incubated.

• Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Do we know how multiplayer is going to work? I can think of a couple of different ways.

First question is if it would be a dedicated multiplayer game or a drop in system where on person hosts and the other comes in as a helper and presumably keeps skill progress when they return to their own game.

The biggest question I have is regarding how it interacts with the social system. Do all players see a scene that gets triggered by one player? If a drop in system is used, does the helper increment their own relation with npcs or help the host (or both)? If it's independent, what happens if multiple players interact with the same romance npc?

Answering a question from a month ago here, but they've confirmed that the host will be the "primary" farmer and live in the main farmhouse, and everyone else will be "farm hands" who have their own cabins on the same plot. I have to assume that relationships are per individual, wouldn't make much sense otherwise, but they have talked about players being able to marry each other.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

For whatever reason, I wasn't thinking about co-op in terms of having more than 2 players in a game together.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    My wife is still addicted to playing this game.

Will the multiplayer be cross platform?

• Options
    My wife is still addicted to playing this game.

Will the multiplayer be cross platform?

I'd be surprised if it were.

• Options
    Bummer, guess I'll just watch her play with other people then. :p

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Stoked on the multiplayer update. I want to farm some farms with some farm hands.

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    I look forward to having more assistance in managing the strongly ideological commune of my most agrarian dreams.

The peasants shall be revolting together.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Also: flamingo scarecrow!

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    MrVyngaard wrote: »
    I look forward to having more assistance in managing the strongly ideological commune of my most agrarian dreams.

The peasants shall be revolting together.

What do you expect when you only get to wash when it rains or when you use the hot springs that don't open up for a while?

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I really hope that PC and Mac people will be able to play together, otherwise I'm going to have to do some serious thinking about getting a 2nd Switch.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Theres gonna be one last major content patch before they go full bore into multiplayer building, right?

I dont want to start again if i'm gonna have a content update half way through.

• Options
    I don't know. It kind of sounds like the new content and the multiplayer are both gonna be in the same patch.

• Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    So is this one person per console/computer, or several?

• Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Ivar wrote: »
    So is this one person per console/computer, or several?

I haven't seen any screenshots that were split-screen, so I'm assuming its one device per person

• Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Okay, how many Switch players on her so I know if getting it is worth it.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    This guy plays on Switch

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Okay, how many Switch players on her so I know if getting it is worth it.

Me! Although I actually own it on PC as well and have been thinking about getting into modded play.

• Options
    I also play on Switch, but if you're asking for potential co-op play you really shouldn't count on me.

• Options
    I play it on PC. As much as I love it, and wouldn't mind giving CA more money, I just couldn't bring myself to split my time and start over again. I've already started over once, and between my two save files I have almost 200 hours in. I love this game, but... Sometimes it's enough already. (As regards buying it again, that is)

I'm sure I'll get hooked back in with the new stuff, but I'll be on PC.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Hmm, I wonder how mods will interact with multiplayer. I've been really thinking about using the Longevity mod because it has a lot of stuff that felt like it should be in the game to start with (more diverse crops, diminishing returns for selling large quantities of the same crop, improved prices for shipping items out of season, etc.). It's supposed to be a much more difficult, slower-paced game that requires deliberate planning, and that could be a lot of fun in co-op.

• Options
    Stardew Valley multiplayer beta is now active! Anyone with the game on Steam can opt in.

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Stardew Valley multiplayer beta is now active! Anyone with the game on Steam can opt in.

multiplayer is nice and all but let's not forget about the far more important new feature:

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I just started a new game of Stardew Valley on my PS4.

It's my very first time playing ever. Pretty much (not counting that one time I tried to play on Steam and didn't make it past grandpa). I'm on day 4 now. I have like 16 plant bushes growing.

When they mature, I'm gonna be so rich, you guys. You don't even know.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    *It begins*

On another note, beta works really well. My two friends and I started a new farm, no desync issues, sharing things is super easy, money is shared, you can even turn down the amount of money you earn if you want to make it more difficult since there's more of you (we're running on 50% money profit). Items however are not shared, you still have to upgrade each item and buy separate backpacks for inventory space. Not sure about the community center yet.

Overall multiplayer is pretty rad and easy to jump into.

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Does each player get their own tools (axe, hoe, etc) or does everyone share a single set?

• Options
    Does each player get their own tools (axe, hoe, etc) or does everyone share a single set?

Everyone gets their own. Meaning that you need to share resources to upgrade each set as you share gold. I have a feeling we're going to deal out roles to who's doing what when we play tonight. I got the first backpack and I'm already at level 5 of the mines so I'll probably be designated as miner, one might be the fisherman to get early monies, and another might be a farmer/forager.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    On the plus side, multiple sets of tools means you don't have to wait for rainy days/season changeovers to upgrade watercans.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt