As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

STEAM into 2018!

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I kickstarted Kingdom Come: Deliverance and I wonder what I'll have to do this time to get my key (I think Divinity: OS was the only kickstarter where I got my reward without any problems)

Not even sure I want the game after that interview where the studio head said "I consider myself a racist" and wore a shirt by a Neonazi band

I think I made up my mind, if anyone wants my key, they can have it in February

I just didn't know better at the time

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I kickstarted Kingdom Come: Deliverance and I wonder what I'll have to do this time to get my key (I think Divinity: OS was the only kickstarter where I got my reward without any problems)

Not even sure I want the game after that interview where the studio head said "I consider myself a racist" and wore a shirt by a Neonazi band

Oh.

Guess i’m not getting that game then.

Do you have any links for the Kingdom Come studio head interview?

Can't find it online

He gave it to a German Youtube channel at Gamescom, already in August but for some reason it's only blowing up now, probably because the game is about to get released

You can still see him in his stupid shirt in this highlight reel at 5:20 - https://youtu.be/6ePCqQgcKoE?t=5m20s

The band is called Burzum and the founder is a Norwegian Neonazi who spent fourteen years in prison

I have my current information mostly out of this article but I've known about his political tendencies for a long time, he also got into an English langauge twitter fight in 2016

thanks

I ran the part of the article I referred to through Google translate
    Most recently, the Warhorse studio boss gave the Youtube channel Game Two an interview, in which he wore a shirt of the band Burzum. It was founded by the Norwegian Varg Vikernes, who was imprisoned for 14 years for murder and repeated arson, saying that he was not a Nazi, but that he could very well identify with the ideology. He also stressed that although he is a racist and thus certifies differences in different ethnic groups, but not hateful to people with different skin color.

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    2 things to add to the release list:

FF XII-Zodiac Feb1
    FF XV-Royal mar8

That's a lot of final fantasy. XV may be the first 100gb game I buy (not sure yet.... I'm on minspecs and the market for PC components is so bad between the bitcoin miners, the RAM shortage and the CPU bugs. Also the game is reportedly middling...)
    The 4k textures make it a 100gb install.

Odds of me buying XII are pretty good though. I hear Zodiac is a real improvement and my PS2 died when I was like 30% into XII back in the day.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    Oh jeez, now I don't know if the second part of that paragraph refers to Vikernes or Vávra

It's a strange, badly written article tbh but I think by now there's been enough evidence piling up to show where Vávra is coming from

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    theres also this article which I regret reading most of

https://kotaku.com/my-e3-meeting-with-a-pro-gamergate-developer-1715511964

I'll point out the surper aggressive response to this whole thing as well

https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/gaming/reddit-tumblr-medieval-video-game-poc/
    Your game isn’t even out yet, but these people already know that it’s gonna be racist, because we said we will not have people of colour in 15th century Bohemia

icGJy2C.png
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Oh man I've always wanted to know what Skyrim would be like if it were super realistic and made by schmucks

finally a tactical backpack for me, the battle royale gamer

HLsRbS4.jpg

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    finally a tactical backpack for me, the battle royale gamer

HLsRbS4.jpg

That doesn't seem nearly expensive enough to be merch for PUBG.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    holy crap that is keyword vomit at its finest

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I wish the typo was on the backpack instead of the listing

be way better

icGJy2C.png
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I am Winner Chciken

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Is Darksiders 2 any good?

It's... uneven.

Good:
    Some great Joe Mad art!
    Some fun environmental puzzles and level traversal gimmicks!\
    Combat still pretty neat

Bad:
    Story kinda goes nowhere
    Some real buggy bits (I think some of these have been fixed by now)

???:
    Inventory / loot / upgrade system feels like it came from some different game and doesn't make much sense here

I agree with everything here and I will also point out that death's voice actor was great

Shorty on
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I know MHW for PC wasn't really delayed since this is its first official release date. I'm just mad i'm not getting it the same time as consoles. They are a huge studio, they could have easily put it out for everything at the same time if they had wanted to.

It's also Capcom, and I am easily cynical enough to believe that they want to get people to buy the console version and then the pc version again when that comes out. Well fuck you Capcom i'll just wait, no double dipping for me! That'll show you!

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    WHAT'S COMING OUT IN 2018:

Griftlands
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yicXVh5s00

Oh hey, I hadn't heard of Griftlands. That looks very much like my cup of tea, and with a good pedigree.

Also Battletech, y'all.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Oh jeez, now I don't know if the second part of that paragraph refers to Vikernes or Vávra

It's a strange, badly written article tbh but I think by now there's been enough evidence piling up to show where Vávra is coming from

who among us ISN'T a viking neonazi

I'm a viki-oh wait not I'm not. Well I guess I might be a neo na- oh no I guess I'm not that either

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

Hobnail wrote: »
    I'm a viki-oh wait not I'm not. Well I guess I might be a neo na- oh no I guess I'm not that either

whatever you say, Ivar

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Great, now you made me imagine somebody with this as a forum signature:

Neo-Viking, OG Nazi

Are you

Are you

oh no, certainly not

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Shadow Tactics is twenty bucks on Steam today and that's a hell of a deal

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Shadow Tactics is twenty bucks on Steam today and that's a hell of a deal

Got it during the winter sale and I started it a yesterday. It's quite nice! Lots of neat little puzzles to solve by arranging your characters, and the controller setup works great.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    one of the leads on monster hunter world did an interview where wrt to the pc version he basically said "Oh we have no idea what we're doing with PC. Completely new format for our team. Absolutely terrifying. We probably need more time than we're giving ourselves."

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    don't they have the people who worked on monster hunter frontier?

BahamutZERO.gif
    don't they have the people who worked on monster hunter frontier?

they clearly do not

evidently that was a separate team

liEt3nH.png
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    one of the leads on monster hunter world did an interview where wrt to the pc version he basically said "Oh we have no idea what we're doing with PC. Completely new format for our team. Absolutely terrifying. We probably need more time than we're giving ourselves."

Uuuugghh...

fine i'll stop complaining about it. Dumb jerk being all human and all.

edited January 2018

unity engine tech demo

https://unity3d.com/book-of-the-dead

Brolo on
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    @Weaver @Brovid Hasselsmof @Mysst @Dubh @bombardier @Kadith @mully @Bohlder @Rankenphile

Canada has moose.

So, I guess The Long Dark has them now too.

The workbench tells me I can make a satchel and a cloak each from one of their hides and a pair of cured guts.

I have no idea how much moose meat they have on average, but I'm going to assume 'fuckton.'

I'm going moose hunting.

the plural is moosen and or meese

if the long dark lets you hunt a moose that game has fucked up

liEt3nH.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    if the long dark lets you hunt a moose that game has fucked up

What if the moose brutally disembowels you when you get close to it?

I did not know they got moose on the west coast

the moose cuts a wide path

tnYComc.png

liEt3nH.png
    Well I'll be dipped

Wonder what them southern moose are all about

This discussion has been closed.