As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Here [chat] the Mummies

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I would play WoW if they removed all the MMO and multiplayer content, as well as the RPG content, and instead it was a build-a-solution style puzzle game.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    I played vanilla WoW for like two months in 2005. I found incredibly boring and grindy. Have they made it suck less in the last twelve years?

Also fuck that was twelve(thirteen?) years ago.

..yes. It's basically an entirely different game now.

They're also putting out WoW Classic so you can get your boring and grindy experience right back if you want!

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I played vanilla WoW for like two months in 2005. I found incredibly boring and grindy. Have they made it suck less in the last twelve years?

For me, the high point of WoW was doing Karazhan runs in 2008/2009.

I think everybody has their favorite time period.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    Making someone self-conscious about laughing is one of the cruelest things you can do to them, imo, and I always try to shut it down hard when I see it.
    It is like making someone self conscious about their sneezes.

Not everybody can have adorable sneezes.

I feel bad, but the way my wife sneezes bugs the shit out of me. I don't know why, it just unnerves me.

also my brother did this half sneeze thing where he'd like swallow it. So seeing a shock article about stifling sneezes being possibly deadly was VALIDATION!

My husband sneezes in the loudest and most unrestrained way possible

It's fine if he's at home but is it *extremely* embarrassing in a social context or say in a long plane ride with the lights out where suddenly he sneezes like 10 times and each one of them is essentially him yelling ACHOOO and people turn their heads to look and it's just mortifying

@Aersien

I get chastised / made fun of for not sneezing in this manner, though I do the opposite extreme and stifle it into my elbow into a little "choo!"

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

..yes. It's basically an entirely different game now.

They're also putting out WoW Classic so you can get your boring and grindy experience right back if you want!

Huzzah.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Making someone self-conscious about laughing is one of the cruelest things you can do to them, imo, and I always try to shut it down hard when I see it.

I feel bad, but the way my wife sneezes bugs the shit out of me. I don't know why, it just unnerves me.

also my brother did this half sneeze thing where he'd like swallow it. So seeing a shock article about stifling sneezes being possibly deadly was VALIDATION!

It's fine if he's at home but is it *extremely* embarrassing in a social context or say in a long plane ride with the lights out where suddenly he sneezes like 10 times and each one of them is essentially him yelling ACHOOO and people turn their heads to look and it's just mortifying

Aersien

I think the longer you're married to someone you find the stupidest things to be bugged by. Not to say your complaint is dumb, but like I know mine about my wife's things are borderline chandler bing level.

Aside from fingernail flicking, which she does on purpose.

My complaint is pretty dumb

I don't think I have as many trivial gripes as I might because we've spent so long long-distance that I haven't had more than a few years to actually spend every day with him. When we were living together, I mostly mocked his healthy eating habits, but I don't think I was actively annoyed by any particular mannerisms or actions. I could easily be forgetting.

I'm the one with the annoying mannerisms and habits *throws towel on the ground and eats food in bed and sings along to classical music in dumb voices*

I have no annoying habits of mine. I'm a perfect angel of inoffensiveness.

My son is the worst. *picks something to watch, you go to sit down he starts crying he doesn't want to watch what he selected*

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I played vanilla WoW for like two months in 2005. I found it incredibly boring and grindy. Have they made it suck less in the last twelve years?

They're remaking WoW vanilla, too, I heard. I wonder if it will have voice work and cutscenes added.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

*moves out of a fire circle*

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Lud let's cuddle

there isn't a single timeline in which that would happen

not hearing a no.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    @Kamiro @Evil Multifarious @SniperGuy if you want an actual fearful reaction, you can have this

https://clips.twitch.tv/SavageGlamorousZucchiniEagleEye

vRyue2p.png
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    A big reason I think WoW got its hooks in me was because I rolled Night Elf and besides the general aesthetic, no other second zone grabbed me like Auberdine/Darkshore did. No idea why.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I played vanilla WoW for like two months in 2005. I found it incredibly boring and grindy. Have they made it suck less in the last twelve years?

It's a very streamlined experience now. You get quests in batches for areas of the zone you're in, go back to town, and get quests in a batch for another area of that zone, etc. And keep repeating from there. All classes are built to be able to kill shit on the solo path, and leveling itself is pretty fast. Its latest expansion was built to let you do zones in any order you wanted, and in the next expansion they're face-lifting the entire game to be the same way (within ranges). So for example, half a continent will be built for levels 1 through 45, and the other half will be from 45 to 60, and you can do all the zones within those ranges in any order; the game will scale everything to you.

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Top WoW period for me was Wrath of the Lich King, but Legion is pretty good the odd time I play it anymore

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I liked the undead stuff. There was a Haegen dance maybe? It’s been years. I would play the F out of the first VR MMO though.

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a

Aersien

I think the longer you're married to someone you find the stupidest things to be bugged by. Not to say your complaint is dumb, but like I know mine about my wife's things are borderline chandler bing level.

porp opens the microwave 1 second before it's done because she can't stand the beep sound

then instead of like, shutting the door and turning the timer off, she just leaves it there

forever

what's worse is HER ENTIRE FUCKING FAMILY DOES THIS

????????

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    Chandler Bing level is a good phrase.

That was his thing right? Like he kept dating women and finding one annoying thing he couldn't deal with?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I am being treated as an expert in something I am definitely not an expert in and it's pretty crab fab in here rn

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    a

Aersien

porp opens the microwave 1 second before it's done because she can't stand the beep sound

then instead of like, shutting the door and turning the timer off, she just leaves it there

forever

????????

She is a literal terrorist. You should call the fbi.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Feral wrote: »

End game Wrath of the Lich King for me. Defeating Heroic Arthas was one hell of an achievement and since he was an antagonist dating back to Warcraft 3 it was oh so satisfying too.

But also vanilla wow and spending hours hanging out in Blackrock Mountain as a priest, mind controlling the horde trying to get back to their raid group off the chain and into the lava below. I once dueled someone at the Wetlands Theramore boat. The boat was approaching so I just mind controlled them off the pier and got on the boat. I win the duel! I mean technically a tie but he had to wait for the next boat.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Karazhan was a lot of fun because I had a steady group to do it with. Same with Wrath because they opened up all the content to 10 mans so I could play it though I stopped around the Grand Tournament since I moved back to the states and my raid group was Aussies and folks in Japan and night shift folks and I didn't have that schedule anymore. I was pretty sad about that.

Legion was fun but I just did my month and moved on.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    I'm also thoroughly enjoying your attempts at making a land base.

IT'S SO ANNOYING

BASEBUILDING IS SO JANKY

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE RELEASING THIS MONTH WITH SUCH JANKY BASEBUILDING

vRyue2p.png
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Ok, this is not a great video. It's pretty boring actually. But I have not shared photos so I am sharing this. She doesn't go nuts, but starts being weird and adorable at 20 seconds or so (she does that kind of thing all the time). @desc you deserve this

https://youtu.be/ypG415OzGtI

I

Love

This

Cat ;;;;_;;;;

@shivahn

That was his thing right? Like he kept dating women and finding one annoying thing he couldn't deal with?
    Yeah. Just now rewatching the series. Of all the characters he is just a total psychopath.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

I was awarded the "Best Laugh" award at my High School graduation awards. I hated getting that award.

I got the same award as a quasi-joke from my previous job. I was... better with it.

Seriously, when you have a laugh that you can hear all the way across the building, you either live with it or hate yourself. I've done both, don't recommend.

(Recently someone said my laugh is comparable to Neil Degrasse Tyson.)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch

IT'S SO ANNOYING

BASEBUILDING IS SO JANKY

Have you tried building it underwater instead?

u7stthr17eud.png

IT'S SO ANNOYING

BASEBUILDING IS SO JANKY

What can you even do in a base anyway? Get out there and look at cool fish! Build a bigger submarine!

And yeah I don't think you're supposed to build one on land.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    You know what's the best thing about being a crazy person?

Outside of, like, my immediate family, no one asks me how my day-to-day is going. No one asks me about work, no one asks me what I do for a living.

I was just thinking again about my nephew's birthday party. Like my brother, my mom, my dad, my sister-in-law, they'll all ask how my programs etc. are going, how I'm feeling, all that good stuff.

But relatives beyond that? Don't even know HOW to talk to me, it's great.

Or when people who have just met me ask what I do, I get to be creative: author, troubadour, vagabond, highwayman, independently wealthy, cowboy-astronaut-millionaire ...

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Oh no I think variable was like"should I play wow" and now this comes out

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Chandler wasn't a pycho, he was a nice guy! He just had some problems you know... like killing people and putting them in ross's fridge.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    a

Aersien

forever

????????

oh shit am I related to @porp

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    A good chunk of my time in WoW was spent on dialup so I have a very social-connection with the game since raiding was out of the question for me in vanilla. The exception was the 20-person raid content. I was able to do that.

The height of my fun was during WotLK. I dropped out though, and when I came back for Cataclysm lots of people I was friends with left and weren't back, so I jumped to another server for Cataclysm, and I pretty much spent the next couple expansions with very, VERY loose social connections. The RP stuff maybe sorta helped in that regard but the reality is a lot of people who RP aren't exactly... great people outside of it. A lot of drama. A shocking amount of political hate.

So I quit at the end of Warlords! And I've been happier ever since.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    do you plan on seeing TLJ, DemonStacey's dad, or what?

what's the hold up?

i will see it.
    maybe soon
    i dont go to theatres
    because creepy people dressed as clowns mass murder there
    because i hate going by myself.

Bless your heart.
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    man

DS9 is so fucking good

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    It blinks and annoys the shit outta me. Shark ur completely correct 100 percent

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    My sneezes are so mighty I have fallen out of a sitting apparatus on multiple occasions due to a sneeze.

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    also this episode where Avery Brooks plays a nerdy sci-fi writer and Jake drops the n bomb

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    Henroid wrote: »
    A good chunk of my time in WoW was spent on dialup so I have a very social-connection with the game since raiding was out of the question for me in vanilla. The exception was the 20-person raid content. I was able to do that.

The height of my fun was during WotLK. I dropped out though, and when I came back for Cataclysm lots of people I was friends with left and weren't back, so I jumped to another server for Cataclysm, and I pretty much spent the next couple expansions with very, VERY loose social connections. The RP stuff maybe sorta helped in that regard but the reality is a lot of people who RP aren't exactly... great people outside of it. A lot of drama. A shocking amount of political hate.

So I quit at the end of Warlords! And I've been happier ever since.

Man I use to basically run a chunk of the RP community on Silver Hand. I ran one of the boards, it died thankfully, and also was big in organizing stuff on the forums. My guild was an IC guild chat too but they were pretty chill. We had an OOC one as well.

u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.