As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Here [chat] the Mummies

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    I'm also thoroughly enjoying your attempts at making a land base.

IT'S SO ANNOYING

BASEBUILDING IS SO JANKY

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE RELEASING THIS MONTH WITH SUCH JANKY BASEBUILDING

I wanna say it's much easier with mouse and keyboard. Which also brings me to, why are you playing with a controller?

I tried switching to the KBAM for basebuilding and it didn't seem all that much easier? The problem is that you can't zoom out properly so it's hard to see the overall placement of things. Are there controls for moving the item closer or further away? That would solve most of my issues, I think. Well, aside from the semi-arbitrary rules for where you can put stuff.

I'm not sure why I play with a controller? I guess because I used a controller when I played in VR so I just automatically did that when I started this playthrough. I'd probably have an easier time with certain things (like grabbing those fucking fish) if I used KBAM so maybe I'll try switching next time I play.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    The program I'm using to analyze my data has a demon in it, I think. It's giving me results that make no sense, and I can get around it, but ???

Also this data is what I've been working on for a week or two lol burned

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Really Ross was the worst Friend, Ross and Phoebe. Just two awful friends who should die alone.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Top WoW period for me was Wrath of the Lich King, but Legion is pretty good the odd time I play it anymore

Vanilla is when I enjoyed the game the most, the world was big, level 60 took real time to hit, everything had a certain level of craftsmanship to it and while it felt epic it was also hard.

BC is when I enjoyed the people the most but kinda hated the game. I ran my own guild and we were always 1-2 good regulars away from really doing content (only killed 2 bosses each in either SSC or TK) and we merged into another guild I had ties with around the time Black Temple came out. That ended up being a mistake.

WotlK I never saw the end game for really because life was getting in the way but I liked the content a lot more then BC and I was in a good guild that I enjoyed my limited raiding with.

Cataclysm I hit max level but just couldnt do it anymore.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I haven't played it since Wrath, but I think WoW's basic design carries too much phylogeny from Everquest and DikuMUD. Where WoW succeeds, it succeeds despite it's ancestry.

For example, the history of WoW has been to make leveling less onerous over time. If Blizzard feels the need to continually make leveling faster, the obvious question to ask there is, "why have leveling at all?"

Well, because that's just what multiplayer RPGs do. It's a genre convention.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    lol @Delmain I just got a stream notification that you followed me because I still have the function up even though I'm not streaming

Thanks for the follow! :P

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I was a sadist in vanilla WoW. Just the meanest person

What an awesome time that was

tyrannus on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Really Ross was the worst Friend, Ross and Phoebe. Just two awful friends who should die alone.
    I will always love Phoebe. But man do I hate Chandler. Also the casual homophobia is jarring looking back twenty years.

• Options

I don't know if Friends started it, but Ross really embodies the "straight man, but also the worst fucking person on the planet to be friends with" archetype.

Its why I ducked out of How I Met Your Mother early on when I realized Ted was just new Ross.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    lol Delmain I just got a stream notification that you followed me because I still have the function up even though I'm not streaming

I honestly only just realized I wasn't following you.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I haven't played it since Wrath, but I think WoW's basic design carries too much phylogeny from Everquest and DikuMUD. Where WoW succeeds, it succeeds despite it's ancestry.

For example, the history of WoW has been to make leveling less onerous over time. If Blizzard feels the need to continually make leveling faster, the obvious question to ask there is, "why have leveling at all?"

well yeah

and yet when you take it away, a la destiny 2, people bitch to no end so

gimme a game with lots difficult and interesting raid style encounters for a group of 5-10 people and give me everything I need to do it right away with zero farming and i'll pay all the moneys

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I opened up that clip of you getting scared and it had the <3 so I clicked it

• Options

well yeah

gimme a game with lots difficult and interesting raid style encounters for a group of 5-10 people and give me everything I need to do it right away with zero farming and i'll pay all the moneys

This is why I like the MH series, its an ever escalating series of just boss encounters.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

IT'S SO ANNOYING

BASEBUILDING IS SO JANKY

What can you even do in a base anyway? Get out there and look at cool fish! Build a bigger submarine!

And yeah I don't think you're supposed to build one on land.

is this subnautica?

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    I will always love Phoebe. But man do I hate Chandler. Also the casual homophobia is jarring looking back twenty years.

How can you hate chandler? And yeah anytime I'm watching something from that time period the gay jokes are always extremely blunt and bad.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    also the award for best Vorta goes to Keevan right?

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    I still feel self-conscious thanking people for follows and donations and subs and stuff. Not because I don't legit appreciate it, but because it's such a streamer cliche and I don't want it to become a thing where someone subscribes or donates and I just offhandedly say thanks. So I try to say something, like, unique and/or personal, and I kind of stumble over my words and it just comes out awkward.

Obviously this is something I need to get a handle on soon.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    VH you should stream League of Legends

new ranked season starts today so you could do an Unranked to Challenger stream :3

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    lol Delmain I just got a stream notification that you followed me because I still have the function up even though I'm not streaming

I honestly only just realized I wasn't following you.

I've gotten into the habit of going through a very quick "please like follow subscribe etc." thing at the end of my streams and have been really surprised at how effective that is. A lot of people just don't realize the buttons are there or don't think about it. So as obnoxious as the end of every youtube video ever is, I totally understand why they do it now.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Yessssss
    You can now use the search bar at the top left to search for a gritter by name. Enter the first few letters of the name, then pick from the resulting list.

http://scotgov.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html

• Options

well yeah

This is why I like the MH series, its an ever escalating series of just boss encounters.

I thought it had a bunch of crafting shit tho?

cuz if that's all it is, just escalating (and interesting) boss after boss with no grind to lock content behind im very interested

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Making someone self-conscious about laughing is one of the cruelest things you can do to them, imo, and I always try to shut it down hard when I see it.

I was awarded the "Best Laugh" award at my High School graduation awards. I hated getting that award.

I got the same award as a quasi-joke from my previous job. I was... better with it.

Seriously, when you have a laugh that you can hear all the way across the building, you either live with it or hate yourself. I've done both, don't recommend.

(Recently someone said my laugh is comparable to Neil Degrasse Tyson.)

I got an award for "Best Attitude and Smile" during my last summer of sailing lessons.

Which pissed me off, because I had the shittiest summer of them riding my ass because they were convinced I was some sort of sailing savant and they just kept pushing me harder and harder.

And yeah I'd go out there and sail the fuck out of that Laser like few ever had and I'd do everything they wanted me to do better than they wanted me to do it, but I know for damn certain I wasn't smiling.

So I'm pretty sure they gave me that award ironically and it bothers me to this day. >_>

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    VH you should stream League of Legends

new ranked season starts today so you could do an Unranked to Challenger stream :3

bronze 5 to challenger let's go

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    A good chunk of my time in WoW was spent on dialup so I have a very social-connection with the game since raiding was out of the question for me in vanilla. The exception was the 20-person raid content. I was able to do that.

The height of my fun was during WotLK. I dropped out though, and when I came back for Cataclysm lots of people I was friends with left and weren't back, so I jumped to another server for Cataclysm, and I pretty much spent the next couple expansions with very, VERY loose social connections. The RP stuff maybe sorta helped in that regard but the reality is a lot of people who RP aren't exactly... great people outside of it. A lot of drama. A shocking amount of political hate.

So I quit at the end of Warlords! And I've been happier ever since.

Man I use to basically run a chunk of the RP community on Silver Hand. I ran one of the boards, it died thankfully, and also was big in organizing stuff on the forums. My guild was an IC guild chat too but they were pretty chill. We had an OOC one as well.
    Yeah the RP guild I ran with did the same thing, though it was the other way around; 'officer chat' was the IC chat, so that people could RP from afar or better catalogue it if they so chose. Lots of in-fighting though, splinter guilds and shit like that. It was ostensibly a single guild, just... drama drama drama.

• Options

IT'S SO ANNOYING

BASEBUILDING IS SO JANKY

What can you even do in a base anyway? Get out there and look at cool fish! Build a bigger submarine!

is this subnautica?

yes

Cool. Is he playing it in VR? That is some pretty intense shit.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    I still feel self-conscious thanking people for follows and donations and subs and stuff. Not because I don't legit appreciate it, but because it's such a streamer cliche and I don't want it to become a thing where someone subscribes or donates and I just offhandedly say thanks. So I try to say something, like, unique and/or personal, and I kind of stumble over my words and it just comes out awkward.

Excellent. I'll hold you to this when I give you 50 bits every 4 minutes.

oh no

please don't

don't throw me in that there briar patch

vRyue2p.png
  • Options

I'd aim for personal over unique

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Streaming makes me too self conscious but also if I ever tried it again I dunno what I would actually play on it that would be entertaining to watch

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    Making someone self-conscious about laughing is one of the cruelest things you can do to them, imo, and I always try to shut it down hard when I see it.

I was awarded the "Best Laugh" award at my High School graduation awards. I hated getting that award.

I got the same award as a quasi-joke from my previous job. I was... better with it.

Seriously, when you have a laugh that you can hear all the way across the building, you either live with it or hate yourself. I've done both, don't recommend.

(Recently someone said my laugh is comparable to Neil Degrasse Tyson.)

I got an award for "Best Attitude and Smile" during my last summer of sailing lessons.

Which pissed me off, because I had the shittiest summer of them riding my ass because they were convinced I was some sort of sailing savant and they just kept pushing me harder and harder.

And yeah I'd go out there and sail the fuck out of that Laser like few ever had and I'd do everything they wanted me to do better than they wanted me to do it, but I know for damn certain I wasn't smiling.

So I'm pretty sure they gave me that award ironically and it bothers me to this day. >_>

Lasers are so fucking fun though.

I may be way too fat to be on one now though.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

well yeah

Right.

And let's say they did that. What purpose would world content serve in such a game?

Would there be any reason to spend any time in the overworld at all?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options

IT'S SO ANNOYING

BASEBUILDING IS SO JANKY

is this subnautica?

yes

I'm not, but it's pretty intense in non-VR for me too. I played it in VR and it was too much for me. I could probably do it better now, but logistically it's annoying and also you can't see my expressions because of the giant headset I'm wearing, so I think this is better for streaming anyway.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options

well yeah

cuz if that's all it is, just escalating (and interesting) boss after boss with no grind to lock content behind im very interested

No there is crafting, and you have to grind the boss encounters to build gear, but that shit is so my jam. "Oh small % to get that thing I want to complete my outfit? YES YES SHOOT IT IN MY VEINS!"

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »
    Streaming makes me too self conscious but also if I ever tried it again I dunno what I would actually play on it that would be entertaining to watch
    Is there a niche for bad gaming? Not saying you are bad. This just reminded me to ask y’all. Like I’m gonna stream DS3 where I die and don’t progress for hours.

• Options

well yeah

No there is crafting, and you have to grind the boss encounters to build gear, but that shit is so my jam. "Oh small % to get that thing I want to complete my outfit? YES YES SHOOT IT IN MY VEINS!"

Sounds interesting, depending on the drop rates.

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    Is there a niche for bad gaming? Not saying you are bad. This just reminded me to ask y’all. Like I’m gonna stream DS3 where I die and don’t progress for hours.

This is literally how I made affiliate.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    I always like someone who does the truffle shuffle for every donation, other wise you're no better than a booby streamer.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

well yeah

FF11 had the best crafting system. It was meaningful to make certain items and an absolute pain in the ass. The economy was also really meaningful.

• Options
    Maybe I can tie my bad Twitch with my bad ASMR podcast where I lovingly flush a toilet over and over.

• Options

IT'S SO ANNOYING

BASEBUILDING IS SO JANKY

is this subnautica?

yes

I'm not, but it's pretty intense in non-VR for me too. I played it in VR and it was too much for me. I could probably do it better now, but logistically it's annoying and also you can't see my expressions because of the giant headset I'm wearing, so I think this is better for streaming anyway.

Yeah, I can only handle like 20 mins in Subnautica VR at a time. I don't often get VR-sick but that game gets to me after a while.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

How can you hate chandler? And yeah anytime I'm watching something from that time period the gay jokes are always extremely blunt and bad.

The only joke I can remember from that show was when they were talking about sharing a bar of soap and Joey says "Think about the last thing I wash and the first thing you wash."

P good.

This discussion has been closed.