Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Here [chat] the Mummies

• KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    I still feel self-conscious thanking people for follows and donations and subs and stuff. Not because I don't legit appreciate it, but because it's such a streamer cliche and I don't want it to become a thing where someone subscribes or donates and I just offhandedly say thanks. So I try to say something, like, unique and/or personal, and I kind of stumble over my words and it just comes out awkward.

Obviously this is something I need to get a handle on soon.

Excellent. I'll hold you to this when I give you 50 bits every 4 minutes.

Delmain
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    VH you should stream League of Legends

new ranked season starts today so you could do an Unranked to Challenger stream :3

bronze 5 to challenger let's go

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    credeikiTcheldor
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    A good chunk of my time in WoW was spent on dialup so I have a very social-connection with the game since raiding was out of the question for me in vanilla. The exception was the 20-person raid content. I was able to do that.

The height of my fun was during WotLK. I dropped out though, and when I came back for Cataclysm lots of people I was friends with left and weren't back, so I jumped to another server for Cataclysm, and I pretty much spent the next couple expansions with very, VERY loose social connections. The RP stuff maybe sorta helped in that regard but the reality is a lot of people who RP aren't exactly... great people outside of it. A lot of drama. A shocking amount of political hate.

So I quit at the end of Warlords! And I've been happier ever since.

Man I use to basically run a chunk of the RP community on Silver Hand. I ran one of the boards, it died thankfully, and also was big in organizing stuff on the forums. My guild was an IC guild chat too but they were pretty chill. We had an OOC one as well.
    Yeah the RP guild I ran with did the same thing, though it was the other way around; 'officer chat' was the IC chat, so that people could RP from afar or better catalogue it if they so chose. Lots of in-fighting though, splinter guilds and shit like that. It was ostensibly a single guild, just... drama drama drama.

Centrism is just the cowardly way to be a bigot w/o being explicit about it.
    American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I'm also thoroughly enjoying your attempts at making a land base.

IT'S SO ANNOYING

BASEBUILDING IS SO JANKY

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE RELEASING THIS MONTH WITH SUCH JANKY BASEBUILDING

What can you even do in a base anyway? Get out there and look at cool fish! Build a bigger submarine!

And yeah I don't think you're supposed to build one on land.

is this subnautica?

yes

Cool. Is he playing it in VR? That is some pretty intense shit.

• visiblehowlvisiblehowl He/Him Neutron Nerd Registered User regular
    I still feel self-conscious thanking people for follows and donations and subs and stuff. Not because I don't legit appreciate it, but because it's such a streamer cliche and I don't want it to become a thing where someone subscribes or donates and I just offhandedly say thanks. So I try to say something, like, unique and/or personal, and I kind of stumble over my words and it just comes out awkward.

Excellent. I'll hold you to this when I give you 50 bits every 4 minutes.

oh no

please don't

don't throw me in that there briar patch

vxsHp3F.gif
    I die evry tiem in Sekiro on Twitch
    KamiroDelmain
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

I'd aim for personal over unique

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    credeikiHavelock2.0
  • NecoNeco Vapid and Shallow Registered User regular
    Streaming makes me too self conscious but also if I ever tried it again I dunno what I would actually play on it that would be entertaining to watch

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    Making someone self-conscious about laughing is one of the cruelest things you can do to them, imo, and I always try to shut it down hard when I see it.

I was awarded the "Best Laugh" award at my High School graduation awards. I hated getting that award.

I got the same award as a quasi-joke from my previous job. I was... better with it.

Seriously, when you have a laugh that you can hear all the way across the building, you either live with it or hate yourself. I've done both, don't recommend.

(Recently someone said my laugh is comparable to Neil Degrasse Tyson.)

I got an award for "Best Attitude and Smile" during my last summer of sailing lessons.

Which pissed me off, because I had the shittiest summer of them riding my ass because they were convinced I was some sort of sailing savant and they just kept pushing me harder and harder.

And yeah I'd go out there and sail the fuck out of that Laser like few ever had and I'd do everything they wanted me to do better than they wanted me to do it, but I know for damn certain I wasn't smiling.

So I'm pretty sure they gave me that award ironically and it bothers me to this day. >_>

Lasers are so fucking fun though.

I may be way too fat to be on one now though.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    BeNarwhal
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I haven't played it since Wrath, but I think WoW's basic design carries too much phylogeny from Everquest and DikuMUD. Where WoW succeeds, it succeeds despite it's ancestry.

For example, the history of WoW has been to make leveling less onerous over time. If Blizzard feels the need to continually make leveling faster, the obvious question to ask there is, "why have leveling at all?"

Well, because that's just what multiplayer RPGs do. It's a genre convention.

well yeah

and yet when you take it away, a la destiny 2, people bitch to no end so

gimme a game with lots difficult and interesting raid style encounters for a group of 5-10 people and give me everything I need to do it right away with zero farming and i'll pay all the moneys

Right.

And let's say they did that. What purpose would world content serve in such a game?

Would there be any reason to spend any time in the overworld at all?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Sir Landshark

IT'S SO ANNOYING

BASEBUILDING IS SO JANKY

What can you even do in a base anyway? Get out there and look at cool fish! Build a bigger submarine!

is this subnautica?

yes

I'm not, but it's pretty intense in non-VR for me too. I played it in VR and it was too much for me. I could probably do it better now, but logistically it's annoying and also you can't see my expressions because of the giant headset I'm wearing, so I think this is better for streaming anyway.

vxsHp3F.gif
    Kamiro
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I haven't played it since Wrath, but I think WoW's basic design carries too much phylogeny from Everquest and DikuMUD. Where WoW succeeds, it succeeds despite it's ancestry.

For example, the history of WoW has been to make leveling less onerous over time. If Blizzard feels the need to continually make leveling faster, the obvious question to ask there is, "why have leveling at all?"

well yeah

gimme a game with lots difficult and interesting raid style encounters for a group of 5-10 people and give me everything I need to do it right away with zero farming and i'll pay all the moneys

This is why I like the MH series, its an ever escalating series of just boss encounters.

I thought it had a bunch of crafting shit tho?

cuz if that's all it is, just escalating (and interesting) boss after boss with no grind to lock content behind im very interested

No there is crafting, and you have to grind the boss encounters to build gear, but that shit is so my jam. "Oh small % to get that thing I want to complete my outfit? YES YES SHOOT IT IN MY VEINS!"

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud bear with us as we do some "rebranding" Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Streaming makes me too self conscious but also if I ever tried it again I dunno what I would actually play on it that would be entertaining to watch
    Is there a niche for bad gaming? Not saying you are bad. This just reminded me to ask y’all. Like I’m gonna stream DS3 where I die and don’t progress for hours.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular

well yeah

This is why I like the MH series, its an ever escalating series of just boss encounters.

cuz if that's all it is, just escalating (and interesting) boss after boss with no grind to lock content behind im very interested

No there is crafting, and you have to grind the boss encounters to build gear, but that shit is so my jam. "Oh small % to get that thing I want to complete my outfit? YES YES SHOOT IT IN MY VEINS!"

Sounds interesting, depending on the drop rates.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Is there a niche for bad gaming? Not saying you are bad. This just reminded me to ask y’all. Like I’m gonna stream DS3 where I die and don’t progress for hours.

This is literally how I made affiliate.

vxsHp3F.gif
    I always like someone who does the truffle shuffle for every donation, other wise you're no better than a booby streamer.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud bear with us as we do some "rebranding" Registered User regular

well yeah

FF11 had the best crafting system. It was meaningful to make certain items and an absolute pain in the ass. The economy was also really meaningful.

Maybe I can tie my bad Twitch with my bad ASMR podcast where I lovingly flush a toilet over and over.

NecoBeNarwhal

IT'S SO ANNOYING

BASEBUILDING IS SO JANKY

is this subnautica?

yes

I'm not, but it's pretty intense in non-VR for me too. I played it in VR and it was too much for me. I could probably do it better now, but logistically it's annoying and also you can't see my expressions because of the giant headset I'm wearing, so I think this is better for streaming anyway.

Yeah, I can only handle like 20 mins in Subnautica VR at a time. I don't often get VR-sick but that game gets to me after a while.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx And I said, hol up Registered User regular
    Really Ross was the worst Friend, Ross and Phoebe. Just two awful friends who should die alone.
    I will always love Phoebe. But man do I hate Chandler. Also the casual homophobia is jarring looking back twenty years.

How can you hate chandler? And yeah anytime I'm watching something from that time period the gay jokes are always extremely blunt and bad.

The only joke I can remember from that show was when they were talking about sharing a bar of soap and Joey says "Think about the last thing I wash and the first thing you wash."

P good.

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

I've considered that, but I don't know that people would actually find it entertaining for me to like, try the same DS3 area for an hour and die to the same couple of non-boss enemies over and over again? Seems like it would be frustrating rather than fun.

I think I'd be best off streaming league; when my husband's around, I usually keep up a running commentary when I play and call it 'streaming', and he thinks it's pretty entertaining, but also he is pretty biased so it's not at all clear if it would be generally interesting.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
    air-photos.tumblr.com
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

well yeah

FF11 had the best crafting system. It was meaningful to make certain items and an absolute pain in the ass. The economy was also really meaningful.

And it was entirely lucked based and those with cash made cash.

But high level crafters were meaningful and that was big.

God I loved FfXi

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius

well yeah

Sounds interesting, depending on the drop rates.

Not too bad early on when you are starting out. With one piece usually taking around 5 kills to get to compete either a weapon upgrade or last piece of armor. Later game the % shoot down, but that's when you're into the theory crafting min max side of MH and so you are looking for those items to complete some serious swank suit and that's part of the fun too.

See, @Ludious if you'd waited until I was streaming to follow me, you could have gotten your very own personal awkward stumbling thank you message live on stream!

Instead here's a slightly less awkward "thanks dude!"

vxsHp3F.gif
    Ludious
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I wish I could twitch or do something creative but instead I will just stare at a screen or a ceiling whenever I'm not playing a multiplayer game with my bros

Neco
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I wish I could twitch or do something creative but instead I will just stare at a screen or a ceiling whenever I'm not playing a multiplayer game with my bros

Do a series where you play through every Star Wars game.

RiemannLives
    credeiki wrote: »

I've considered that, but I don't know that people would actually find it entertaining for me to like, try the same DS3 area for an hour and die to the same couple of non-boss enemies over and over again? Seems like it would be frustrating rather than fun.

I think I'd be best off streaming league; when my husband's around, I usually keep up a running commentary when I play and call it 'streaming', and he thinks it's pretty entertaining, but also he is pretty biased so it's not at all clear if it would be generally interesting.

again, this is literally how i made affiliate

vxsHp3F.gif
    BeNarwhal
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Personally, being thanked for following comes off as weird, but I can see that others might be offended if they're not thanked?

What a couple of streamers did do when I followed them was actually engage with me, which I found a lot nicer than a generic "thank you", but that might be easier since my username was my location in it so it gives them a jumping off point.

Might be harder when streaming a game like Dark Souls where you have to pay attention all the time though.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • NecoNeco Vapid and Shallow Registered User regular
    Most likely if I do more streaming it’ll be just be chill loungey type games which will probably mean 0 people watching me tell them why whatever game is better than whatever is popular that month

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

ugh there's too many bad ones!

If I had to play Masters of Teras Kasi again I would break shit

DS3 is a fantastic game to build an audience with, because people love watching other people fail in that game, hoo boy do they

vxsHp3F.gif
    Kamiro
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User regular
    You can stream literally anything if you're charismatic enough to do it. Obviously finding a good niche or game that is the right kind of popularity is good but if you want to be a successful streamer just aim to stream things you enjoy. And/or totally sell out or something I dunno I'm not a famous streamer.

Twitch Streaming T/W/TH and more
    Dohaeris210 on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    Me on Steam
    visiblehowl
  • CoinageCoinage I think I look handsome Registered User regular
    The internet has conditioned me so I actually kind of like Never Gonna Give You Up now

YrkxdGc.gif
    Also Fuzzy I don't think you can BE more wrong about my boy chandler. You must tailor pants in prison.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

You would probably break shit starting somewhere in the Super Star Wars series.

Luckily, I heard angry nerds are a popular category.

edited January 2018

I lost my save when a hd died a few months ago so while I was on vacation I spent like half a day getting all the flight-trial badges in the original X-Wing again. Here is what it takes to get the badge for one ship (of the 4 available):
    edit: not my vid

RiemannLives on
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

But you also get Jedi Outcast out of the deal

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee

IT'S SO ANNOYING

BASEBUILDING IS SO JANKY

is this subnautica?

yes

Yeah, I can only handle like 20 mins in Subnautica VR at a time. I don't often get VR-sick but that game gets to me after a while.

Oh, it's not that, I never get VR sick (although my eyes did get strained in Subnautica)

When I say it was too much for me, I mean I have a really bad fear of deep water.

vxsHp3F.gif
    KamiroHavelock2.0
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User regular

I unironically love that game. You can play as Mara Jade! How awesome is that? So awesome.

I also liked Ehrgeiz a lot.

My fighting game tastes are not great I guess.

Twitch Streaming T/W/TH and more
    Dohaeris210 on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    Me on Steam
    I loved Super Star Wars. I don't remember it being that hard. I know it's considered hard. I'd probably think it was hard now, but back in the day I don't recall that being the case.

Neco
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    also the award for best Vorta goes to Keevan right?

fite me

This discussion has been closed.