As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Heroes of the Storm 2.0] I literally refuse to call him "Blaze".

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21349578/heroes-of-the-storm-patch-notes-january-16-2018-1-16-2018

IT'S MY BOY! IT'S MY BOY!!!!!!

TYRAEL REWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y'ALL HE GETS HOLY GROUND AT 13 NOW, WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK
    General
    Tyrael will now face the target of his Basic Attack after attacking. This is a visual change, and does not directly affect gameplay
    Passive Spell Armor has been removed
    Stats
    Base Maximum Health increased from 2296 to 2468
    Health Regeneration increased from 4.78 to 5.14
    Abilities
    El’druin’s Might (Q)
    Mana cost reduced from 50 to 45
    Righteousness (W)
    Mana cost reduced from 60 to 50
    Allied Shield amount changed from a flat value to 40% of the Tyrael-only Shield value.
    This is the same amount of Shields, but it makes it easier to understand new Talent interactions
    Smite (E)
    Can now be cast while moving
    Damage increased from 144 to 150
    Talents
    Level 1
    Salvation (W)
    Moved from level 16
    New functionality:
    Increase Righteousness’ Tyrael-only Shield amount by 25%. If the Shield is destroyed, heal Tyrael for 125 Health.
    (New) Justice for All (W)
    Increases Righteousness’ allied shield value to 100% of the Tyrael-only Shield amount.
    (New) Ardent Restoration (Passive)
    Damaging an enemy Hero grants 2.5 Health per Second to Tyrael for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times.
    Protection in Death (Trait)
    Removed
    Even in Death (Trait)
    Removed
    Regeneration Master (Passive)
    Removed
    Level 4
    (New) Stalwart Angel (Q)
    Tyrael gains 25 Armor while El'druin's Might is out, and for 3 seconds after teleporting.
    (New) Bound by Law (Q)
    Increases El’druin’s Might’s slow amount from 25 to 35%. Tyrael’s Basic Attacks increase the duration of the slow by 1 second, up to 4 seconds.
    (New) Divine Vigor (Passive)
    Damaging an enemy with Smite causes Tyrael's Basic Attacks to heal him for 50% of their damage for 4 seconds.
    Vigorous Strike (Passive)
    Removed
    Level 7
    Purge Evil (E)
    Moved from level 1
    New functionality:
    Every enemy Hero hit by Smite increases Tyrael's Basic Attack damage by 30% for 4 seconds
    Swift Retribution (E)
    Movement Speed bonus increased from 10 to 20%
    No longer increases the duration of Smite’s Movement Speed bonus
    Added functionality:
    Now also causes Smite’s friendly effect to increase Attack Speed by 25%
    Angel’s Grace (Q)
    Removed
    Zealotry (W)
    Removed
    Follow Through (Passive)
    Removed
    Level 13
    Sword of Justice (Q)
    Moved from level 16
    New functionality:
    Can teleport with El'druin's Might twice, returning to Tyrael’s original position.
    Holy Ground (Q)
    Moved from level 16
    Duration reduced from 4 to 3 seconds
    (New) Law and Order (W)
    Reduce the cooldown of Righteousness by 1 second for each enemy Hero hit by Smite. Righteousness increases the damage of your next Smite by 25% for each ally affected.
    Burning Rage (Passive)
    Removed
    Angelic Absorption (W)
    Removed
    Angelic Might (E)
    Removed
    Level 16
    (New) Burning Halo (Q)
    El'druin and Tyrael deal 15 damage per second to nearby enemies. This damage is increased by 100% for Tyrael for 3 seconds after teleporting to El’Druin.
    Horadric Reforging (Q)
    Moved from level 4
    New functionality:
    Basic Attacks reduce the cooldown of El'druin's Might by 1.5 seconds
    (New) Smite the Wicked (E)
    Smite’s cooldown recharges 100% faster while El'druin is out and for 3 seconds after teleporting to El’Druin
    Blood for Blood (Active)
    Removed
    Level 20
    (New) Defense of the Angels (Active)
    Activate to reduce all incoming damage by 40% for 5 seconds. Any time Tyrael or an ally shielded by Righteousness take damage, reduce the cooldown by 3 seconds. 120 second cooldown
    (New) Seal of El’druin (Passive)
    Every time Tyrael casts a Basic Ability, increase his Attack Speed by 50% for 3 seconds
    Nullification Shield (Active)
    Removed
    Nexus Blades (Passive)
    Removed

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Waffen wrote: »
    Speaking of matchmaker conspiracies:

I have been trying, really trying to enjoy the game lately but honestly I can't imagine how anyone can claim that the current state is anything resembling good. After some incredibly frustrating wins I've taken to just playing the lost Vikings. Basically ignoring everything my team ever does (or doesn't do) and just go for the high score like this is an 80's arcade game.

Then the matchmaker decides I shouldn't ever be allowed to have fun and I get matched up against kaelthas + kelthuzad on boe. Thanks hots, I'll just go play the Pokemon tcg instead.

I feel like a caveman sometimes worshipping a stick in the woods when I get bad losing streaks. Its like, "WHY MATCHMAKER GOD? WHY HAVE THOU FORSAKEN ME!?" He he

I know the MM isn't singling me out and it is weekend related stuff but it sometimes it helps to just throw your hands up and say fuck this. I mean there was a game last night where I was triple soaking lanes AND WE WERE DOWN 3 LEVELS. I didn't think that was mathematically possible
    kime wrote: »
    Speaking of matchmaker conspiracies:

I have been trying, really trying to enjoy the game lately but honestly I can't imagine how anyone can claim that the current state is anything resembling good. After some incredibly frustrating wins I've taken to just playing the lost Vikings. Basically ignoring everything my team ever does (or doesn't do) and just go for the high score like this is an 80's arcade game.

Then the matchmaker decides I shouldn't ever be allowed to have fun and I get matched up against kaelthas + kelthuzad on boe. Thanks hots, I'll just go play the Pokemon tcg instead.

Again though, the last three days have been a holiday weekend. You have to accept horrible games with that, unfortunately.

But besides that, I’ll claim the state of the game is good, sure.

Weekend or not these are the games. When I group with people during the week I do not see a significant improvement in game quality. I've always felt that to be the case.

Re: tyrael - I'm expecting a meltdown since people were losing their shit for a long time over holy ground. Now it comes out earlier? Oooooooooook. The duration reduction maybe addresses the merc capture piece, not sure how long it actually takes to do that.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Oh damn, is the Tyrael rework live today?

Yes! One less overly specialized warrior!

These changes definitely feel like they'll be a net buff. I'm sure Holy Ground coming earlier will more than make up for the duration reduction. It'll be interesting to see if the other talents, which seem good but pretty niche, can pull the pick rate of Holy Ground below the 75% that it's at now. I am guessing they will not.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    One more week where they can't fix hanzo's movement bug

PSN SeGaTai
    DTrz8T0VQAA3IQ6.jpg

sigh (^:

DNiDlnb.png
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Does he still have the same jank ass trait though?

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Oh for fuck's sake, all of the new mecha skins are legendary? Guess I'll have to get lucky to own one.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited January 2018
    forty wrote: »

These changes definitely feel like they'll be a net buff. I'm sure Holy Ground coming earlier will more than make up for the duration reduction. It'll be interesting to see if the other talents, which seem good but pretty niche, can pull the pick rate of Holy Ground below the 75% that it's at now. I am guessing they will not.

spell/phys armor isn't "specialization", it's just a bonus. it doesn't mean johanna/arthas are worse against spell damage or that tyrael was worse against phys (anub absolutely was but that's because of his miniscule health pool)

losing the spell armor actually hurts really bad i think. i feel like i'm taking a whole hell of a lot more damage now.

on the plus side, he's got a LOT of self-healing now? with the regen talent at 1, and then the two smite talents at 4/7, he can just sit there and heal heal heal.

the duration decrease on holy ground is noticeable for sure. but getting it earlier is def worth it. also the new horadric reforging at 16 seems really good. like i swear i have more uptime on eldruin's might now as opposed to before. the cdr is pretty nutty.

reciprocate might not be good anymore even though it was unchanged... i think because the other stuff is probably just better.

ngl i miss having burning rage though. i mean yeah burning halo, but that's at 16, and it competes with horadric reforging, so...

edit:
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Does he still have the same jank ass trait though?

yes, trait wholly and completely unchanged

fuckin sucks balls

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I mean, spell/physical armor kind of is specialization? It means Arthas is worse against spell damage compared to Tyrael/Anub, which is what matters since you're choosing from a specific set of heroes.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

spell/phys armor isn't "specialization", it's just a bonus. it doesn't mean johanna/arthas are worse against spell damage or that tyrael was worse against phys (anub absolutely was but that's because of his miniscule health pool)

Everybody took a substantial health nerf when they got the spell or physical armor buff. Tyrael got a substantial health buff when they took away (today) his spell armor. It is, as you say, in itself merely a buff, but as Blizz clearly is having it trade off against overall health, It's a specialization.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    That.. does not look like the rework Tyrael wanted.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    NANI??!?!?!
    https://youtu. be/J2LiUsEOqcU

Why yes, I would want a whole series of this injected into my eyeballs, thanks.

Steam profile
  • bertinrowbertinrow aka Uberfish. the DustbowlRegistered User regular
    That's rad as fuck. Blizzard should do the next Gundam

I floop the pig.

PSN: Bert_Bertinrow
    It's so hard to lane against laser-build Azmo unless you can kill him fast. Otherwise, once you get into his range it's a slow, slow, unavoidable death :(

Steam profile
    New Tyrael 50% win rate. Perfectly balanced.

I played an AI game last night and one of the opponents was mecha Rehgar. Sneak peaks of new skins in AI games are such clever advertisement.

That mechastorm clip is indeed rad as fuck.

Can confirm.

It's so hard to lane against laser-build Azmo unless you can kill him fast. Otherwise, once you get into his range it's a slow, slow, unavoidable death :(

It's somewhat safer to split push as Laser Build Azmo because unless they send 2 people to kill you, just just laser the one to death.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Oh for fuck's sake, all of the new mecha skins are legendary? Guess I'll have to get lucky to own one.

Well in the new 2.0 system they wanted people to spend money even though it didn't work out like they wanted

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Well in the new 2.0 system they wanted people to spend money even though it didn't work out like they wanted

They're all also justifiably legendary because they are complete reskins of everything.

The price for the bundle is actually cheaper for these skins (assuming you own the heroes) than it would have been in 1.0. It's actually significantly cheaper, given similar bundles used to come out at the $50 price range, discounted to ~$40 while they were on "sale".

I'll probably buy the bundle near the tail end of the patch. I think it's worth the money.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I only bought the 360 Stimpack I will abuse the crap out of it because leveling sucks at times

Tyrael changes are live, or PTR?

Steam profile
    Based on Dibby's screenshot I think it's safe to say they're live.

edited January 2018
    I mean, spell/physical armor kind of is specialization? It means Arthas is worse against spell damage compared to Tyrael/Anub, which is what matters since you're choosing from a specific set of heroes.

Yes and no

I don't pick Arthas just because the enemy team has autoattackers, I pick Arthas when the enemy team is melee focused or has an annoying dive Hero.

I do pick Johanna into autoattackers but not because she has the Phys Armor, because she has the Blind. She was already slanted towards anti-autoattacks because of that though.

I don't pick (well, didn't) Tyrael into Mages/Ability Damage because of the Spell Armor, I'd pick him if I needed to enable my Melee (Dive Buddy) or specifically needed Sanc, or if I really just needed the hard engage of Judgment to pierce through a beefy frontline.

Etc etc etc.

Hence why I mostly view the baseline Phys/Spell Armor as just being a bonus rather than something that defines them.

Invictus wrote: »

Everybody took a substantial health nerf when they got the spell or physical armor buff. Tyrael got a substantial health buff when they took away (today) his spell armor. It is, as you say, in itself merely a buff, but as Blizz clearly is having it trade off against overall health, It's a specialization.

It's a ~7.5% increase to his health. That evens out vs Phys, worse vs Spell. 15 Spell Armor made a hell of a difference when factoring in burst and he no longer has that now, womp womp. But there's the 25 Armor at 4 now, so.. I guess that's a nice option to have now.

That.. does not look like the rework Tyrael wanted.

How is it not?

Tyrael literally lost nothing and instead gained a FUCKTON of survivability and damage options. Regen Master -> Ardent Restoration (doesn't require a Globe quest!). Follow Through and Vigorous Strikes got folded together into something literally better than both (Divine Vigor) with only 2 seconds of downtime, shut the front door Oops I thought Divine Vigor was both, Vigor is just the 50% lifesteal (still better than Vigorous), but Purge Evil at 7 is the better Follow Through. Burning Rage -> Burning Halo, and that's probably better than Rage? Less uptime and requires Q usage, but.

He can get 25 Armor that lasts up to ~6 seconds, he can get a shitton of self-healing/regen. He's able to stay in longer and deal more damage and pressure more easily. And the new/buffed Horadric Reforging is incredible, giving you some serious uptime on Q/Holy Ground.

I think it's fantastic.

What do you think Tyrael wanted instead?

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Well I mean technically he lost 15 spell armor. :)

edited January 2018
    He wanted an actual Trait.

And Angelic Flight as an option at 20. Total fail on that point.

EDIT: Oh, and Holy Ground should either be baseline or removed. Having 100% pick-rate talents (if you even know what you're doing a little bit) is bad for heroes. Maybe drop the duration to 2s or something?

morgan_coke on

He wanted an actual Trait.

And Angelic Flight as an option at 20. Total fail on that point.

EDIT: Oh, and Holy Ground should either be baseline or removed. Having 100% pick-rate talents (if you even know what you're doing a little bit) is bad for heroes. Maybe drop the duration to 2s or something?

look man

you can't have your cake and eat it too

DNiDlnb.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    idea: if you activate holy ground on a merc point it instantly caps in the other team's favor

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    edited January 2018
    idea: if you activate holy ground on a merc point it instantly caps in the other team's favor

it could just deactivate the point for the duration similar to VP

or they could leave it alone because it's a really cool play

WingedWeasel on

It's about as cool as using VP to steal bosses was

Which is to say, not very.

How is that cool? There's nothing cool about that. It's unfair, it's cheap, it's bullshit.

With Gust or Leyline or Expulsion, at the very least those are Ults. Still kinda bullshit, but there's some degree of counterplay there. Usually.

Eldruin's Might is a goddamn basic ability on a 12 second cooldown with zero counterplay. Enemy team capping Mercs, oops look at you go Q-ing in and stealing them, wow much skill, so cool

DNiDlnb.png

Yeah, Holy Ground merc steals haven't exactly turned Tyrael into a game breaker. I would only expect Blizzard to implement some weird rules for it if it actually ends up being abusive.

edited January 2018

How is that cool? There's nothing cool about that. It's unfair, it's cheap, it's bullshit.

With Gust or Leyline or Expulsion, at the very least those are Ults. Still kinda bullshit, but there's some degree of counterplay there. Usually.

Eldruin's Might is a goddamn basic ability on a 12 second cooldown with zero counterplay. Enemy team capping Mercs, oops look at you go Q-ing in and stealing them, wow much skill, so cool

so? we've been through this before, i have 0 problem with the ability locking people off of merc camps. or at least i didnt until mercs got buffed.

being a cool play is wholly independent of the balance. stealing a key merc camp is a cool play.

WingedWeasel on
    edited January 2018
    Let's at least be honest that Zeratul's VP boss steals were significantly easier and safer to pull off than Holy Ground ones. Perhaps Holy Ground is too good at it for its cooldown (we'll have to see what Blizzard and the meta thinks), but it was much easier for Zeratul to make it happen, which is why it didn't last all that long (edit: before Blizzard nerfed it).

forty on
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018

so? we've been through this before, i have 0 problem with the ability locking people off of merc camps. or at least i didnt until mercs got buffed.

being a cool play is wholly independent of the balance. stealing a key merc camp is a cool play.

Sure, it's cool to be the one doing it, but it's way more bullshit on the receiving end than it is cool on the doing end. In addition to just not being a good thing balance-wise, it's just not a good place to be.

Didn't he already have a CDR talent for his Q? I swear I saw a Dunk clip where the opposing Tyrael screwed up the first Holy Ground so that Dunk's team could still contest and then threw another one down like four seconds later to cap it. And of course, this was like level 16 on the home team's boss on Cursed Hollow, so that was game.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    edited January 2018

Sure, it's cool to be the one doing it, but it's way more bullshit on the receiving end than it is cool on the doing end. In addition to just not being a good thing balance-wise, it's just not a good place to be.

Didn't he already have a CDR talent for his Q? I swear I saw a Dunk clip where the opposing Tyrael screwed up the first Holy Ground so that Dunk's team could still contest and then threw another one down like four seconds later to cap it. And of course, this was like level 16 on the home team's boss on Cursed Hollow, so that was game.

The old Horadric Reforging would reduce the cooldown by 5 seconds if it hit an Enemy Hero. So you'd toss it, leave it up, teleport in if it's time... if not, you let it expire and it's back up again in like, ~2 seconds. Less than, maybe.

So, that's gone, granted, and there's actually a much larger window now that Tyrael can screw up. Tyrael only gains CDR by Hitting Stuff now, so if there's nothing to hit, he can't toss in Q with a downtime of like 1-2 seconds.

But it also means that if you see Eldruin's Might go down and the Boss/Camp is about to die you literally have to stop attacking for ~5-6 seconds to let the damn thing expire. Most players aren't too keen as to how that works and how to counter Tyrael stealing a camp.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    I don't see Holy Ground as cheap. For one, it was a level 16 ability (13 now). For two, it takes skill to use for boss steals (you have to get in range, throw the Q dead center, and not die in the process). For three, generally Tyrael had to blow Sanctification to have any chance of not dying before the cap against a remotely competent team, which meant he was actually using a skill and an incredibly long ult timer in exchange for an attempted boss steal.

Knowing how to play with and against point control are skills. And yes, in some cases that means you aren't going to make a boss attempt as long as you know a certain hero on the enemy team is alive.

New thread's up.