As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Here [chat] the Mummies

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    What's up with the premise for Saving Private Ryan? If a soldier's brothers died would they really (painstakingly) remove that soldier from service so that not every brother died?

I have to imagine that it happened to a lot of families in the war.

yes, this is why only children are not allowed to serve in the army at all

Wait seriously?

yup, it's in the constitution

EM are you lying

He is either lying or mistaken

vRyue2p.png
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    What's up with the premise for Saving Private Ryan? If a soldier's brothers died would they really (painstakingly) remove that soldier from service so that not every brother died?

I have to imagine that it happened to a lot of families in the war.

yes, this is why only children are not allowed to serve in the army at all

Wait seriously?

yup, it's in the constitution

EM are you lying

I plead the fifth

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I'm standing outside this venue freezing my nuts off and the wife is inside for her vip experience

Fuck I wish I went vip too

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I was dissapointed the battle toads speed runner skipped the turbo tunnel in the AGDQ event, also how despite it being no warps they let him do it and then hand waived it wasn't a warp because he glitched it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I'm standing outside this venue freezing my nuts off and the wife is inside for her vip experience

A lot of guys wives are in there.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Omg is that an actual myth about exemption from service

I was totally making it up whole cloth

SniperGuy wrote: »
    Ooooh shit and Sea of Thieves closed beta starts next week. I am in that and the NDA is up so I'll be streaming the fuck outta some pirate action.

Are your streams going to be rated arrrrrr

Ooooh shit and Sea of Thieves closed beta starts next week. I am in that and the NDA is up so I'll be streaming the fuck outta some pirate action.

I hope there is more to that game, every preview of it makes it seem very pretty with nothing to do.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

broar no.

I don't even approve

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I was dissapointed the battle toads speed runner skipped the turbo tunnel in the AGDQ event, also how despite it being no warps they let him do it and then hand waived it wasn't a warp because he glitched it.

He makes up for it at the end.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

glitching isn't warping!

(also run categories are generally set by the game's community not gdq)

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Does Canada have the same country code as the US for phones?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Why would anyone care how 18-20 year olds feel about being asked if they could be bought a drink when it's illegal for them to drink?

I made this reference to her a couple days ago and she didn't get it, I was so sad

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

yes

Bless your heart.
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

I hope there is more to that game, every preview of it makes it seem very pretty with nothing to do.

They did a progression video recently. It's got progression and quests you can do, so you get sent to various islands to find treasure, then deliver the treasure back to a port. But it's open PvP with other crews who can steal your treasure and such. There was an alpha, but the alpha had an NDA. I think there's more there than most realize based on the recent videos but yeah hopefully it has a good amount of content and they add to it over time.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Oh, that reminds me, I should check out that AGDQ DS3 run.

vRyue2p.png

Geth, make bloodyroar walk the plank

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    Streaming makes me too self conscious but also if I ever tried it again I dunno what I would actually play on it that would be entertaining to watch
    Is there a niche for bad gaming? Not saying you are bad. This just reminded me to ask y’all. Like I’m gonna stream DS3 where I die and don’t progress for hours.

I've considered that, but I don't know that people would actually find it entertaining for me to like, try the same DS3 area for an hour and die to the same couple of non-boss enemies over and over again? Seems like it would be frustrating rather than fun.

I think I'd be best off streaming league; when my husband's around, I usually keep up a running commentary when I play and call it 'streaming', and he thinks it's pretty entertaining, but also he is pretty biased so it's not at all clear if it would be generally interesting.

again, this is literally how i made affiliate

huh, interesting. I am surprised people like that.

To me DS3 is an immersive and atmospheric game that I wouldn't want to ruin by including other people in my playing experience, so I probably wouldn't stream it, were I to stream. I also wouldn't want other people to see how bad I was.

See, it's the opposite for me. Dark Souls and Subnautica are both games I would never play if I weren't streaming them. In Dark Souls I get really frustrated, and if I don't have to cool myself off a little bit because people are watching, it just feeds on itself and I'd never beat anything. Similarly, I'd never force myself into the deep waters in Subnautica if people weren't watching me.

Still waiting.

Zing, got 'em.

"deep" is all relative, Kamiro

Speaking of disappointing Ladyfriend,

Elki wrote: »

elki your calls are going through but i just don't want to talk to you right now

why you so thirsty

broar if it makes you feel any better, i fully support you in your pirate jokes

vRyue2p.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    i technically held the record for the fastest completion of Donkey Kong Country at one point. But that was before the days where everyone was doing speed runs and shit on the internets

Bless your heart.
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

I guess we'll sea.

They did a progression video recently. It's got progression and quests you can do, so you get sent to various islands to find treasure, then deliver the treasure back to a port. But it's open PvP with other crews who can steal your treasure and such. There was an alpha, but the alpha had an NDA. I think there's more there than most realize based on the recent videos but yeah hopefully it has a good amount of content and they add to it over time.

The other problem I'd worry about is needing a group to do anything. Because I know a lot of my time I'd be stuck soloing.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Gotta say, I'm hooked.

I made this reference to her a couple days ago and she didn't get it, I was so sad

This is me with my wife all the time. Her dumb lutheran parents kept her from so many fun references.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Hmm, open world pvp with loss.

No thanks.

I just want a decent pve pirate game.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

you're just trying to get followers

The other problem I'd worry about is needing a group to do anything. Because I know a lot of my time I'd be stuck soloing.

Oh, yeah, also definitely seems like a multiplayer game. You can play solo but you're at a definite disadvantage unless you're just really really good. Luckily I have worked @thekooleagle into a froth for the game with me so I've got at least one and we're definitely open to more for our hilarious barely afloat pirate ship.

i beat the time in Nintendo Power magazine so bad I realized..maybe you don't have to be good at games to write about them.

Bless your heart.
    Mortious wrote: »

Hmm, open world pvp with loss.

No thanks.

I just want a decent pve pirate game.

I don't think you can lose anything once you've turned it in. So that sweet pirate hat you bought is yours forever. But yeah, definitely not a PvE pirate game.

Kamiro wrote: »

It was pretty amazing, just don't look at twitch chat

I added that lady to my twitch just because she was super good.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    VH who are you maining in SFV

Ludious wrote: »

Yeah, I guess you have me pegged.

vRyue2p.png

He just keeps parroting that same old stuff. I'm about to keel over.

VH who are you maining in SFV

Kolin at the moment, although my second best character is probably Rashid.

I tried Ibuki for awhile, because she and Rose were my mains in SFIV but I don't think I like her as much in V.

vRyue2p.png
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    @visiblehowl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb2zHjDIj7E

BTW she fights Pontiff blindfolded in a bonus segment at the end.

He just keeps parroting that same old stuff. I'm about to keel over.

did i tell you about that time the dog pooped on the deck?

Bless your heart.
    I hate you all

ph65a8vovuys.png

This discussion has been closed.