As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Here [chat] the Mummies

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I appreciate the advice and youtube link, but I'm already 3 minutes into the video.

Of course I'd never read Twitch chat for one of these.

vRyue2p.png
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I hate you all

DEAL WITH IT

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    VH who are you maining in SFV

Kolin at the moment, although my second best character is probably Rashid.

I tried Ibuki for awhile, because she and Rose were my mains in SFIV but I don't think I like her as much in V.

Neat, I have no idea how Kolin works

I have heard Ibuki is kind of butts in V, sadly.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    A pirates favorite workout is planking

Bless your heart.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Oh, that reminds me, I should check out that AGDQ DS3 run.
    @visiblehowl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb2zHjDIj7E

BTW she fights Pontiff blindfolded in a bonus segment at the end.

Man its weird most of these clips use the dumb promo parts as the screen cap.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I hate you all

Okay, I'll stop. I know you're capable of tapping into avast reservoir of anger and hatred, I don't want to make it harder for you to yo ho hold it in.

vRyue2p.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Ludious you know you love us all

TTODewback wrote: »
    A pirates favorite workout is planking

Or arr-row-bics

Kamiro wrote: »
    I only play Ryu. Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken

Ryu has a nasty parry in SFV and it's fucking garbage to play against.

vRyue2p.png
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I hate you all

Okay, I'll stop. I know you're capable of tapping into avast reservoir of anger and hatred, I don't want to make it harder for you to yo ho hold it in.

Shiver me timbers!

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

Even I don't love you all right now

And I'm "I literally love everyone on the planet" Narwhal

I appreciate the advice and youtube link, but I'm already 3 minutes into the video.

Also, there's this one part that makes me feel terrible and why I sometimes don't like to watch these live streaming competitions.

:( is it somebody being shitty?

vRyue2p.png
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    See, I'm damaged beyond repair, but you broke NARWHAL.

Innocent NARWHAL.

I hope you're proud

VH who are you maining in SFV

Kolin at the moment, although my second best character is probably Rashid.

I tried Ibuki for awhile, because she and Rose were my mains in SFIV but I don't think I like her as much in V.

Neat, I have no idea how Kolin works

I have heard Ibuki is kind of butts in V, sadly.

She uses ice attacks and makes ice puns, but I mostly just abuse her V Skill over and over.

vRyue2p.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

Even I don't love you all right now

And I'm "I literally love everyone on the planet" Narwhal

who's left out of your infinite circle of sunshine

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    @visiblehowl

I thought it was an accident at first but I think they're trying to better highlight the prize incentives this year? That's tinfoil-hat on my part admittedly. It makes sense though. Also sad because people will donate to charity if there's something in it for them. But hey they broke a record this year so should I really complain?

They had nVidia 1080s to give away during one night, with the qualifier for the raffle being donations of $10.80. Pretty goddamn huge incentive.

edited January 2018
    I only play Ryu. Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken

Ryu has a nasty parry in SFV and it's fucking garbage to play against.

I haven't played a street fighter game since Street Fighter Alpha 3. But I remember playing against people who just threw fireball after fireball and nothing else. Laaaame.

A huge part of street fighter is learning to deal with fireballs. 4 and 5 have way more built-in anti projectile abilities, though, like parries or absorbs or moves that go through them

Evil Multifarious on
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

Innocent NARWHAL.

I hope you're proud

there is nothing loving about a whale with a knife taped to its forehead.

Bless your heart.
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Innocent NARWHAL.

I hope you're proud

I mean, kinda.

That's aiming high.

Also, there's this one part that makes me feel terrible and why I sometimes don't like to watch these live streaming competitions.

:( is it somebody being shitty?

Yes, but it's also from second hand embarrasment.
    There's this one super hard to pull off glitching trick that she fails to do many times.

oh shit, yeah that's always rough in these

the worst one i remember was a Half Life 2 trick that took the poor guy like half an hour and then I think he ended up just using a safety save anyway to get past it?

vRyue2p.png

Innocent NARWHAL.

I hope you're proud

Innocent's a bit much, but I appreciate the sentiment and hope you're having a good day! <3

@visiblehowl

I thought it was an accident at first but I think they're trying to better highlight the prize incentives this year? That's tinfoil-hat on my part admittedly. It makes sense though. Also sad because people will donate to charity if there's something in it for them. But hey they broke a record this year so should I really complain?

They had nVidia 1080s to give away during one night, with the qualifier for the raffle being donations of $10.80. Pretty goddamn huge incentive.

Some of the prizes were basically ads for companies is where I got tired of them, especially on the last day. I mean glad they got 2 million fantastic, but could do with less in my face promo adding.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    >Pricey DOCSIS 3.1 modem, hypes up futureproofing and and support for the internet of the future and finally dropping the shitty Puma chipset

>Bundled with Cat5e cable

Arris plz

At least I have my own ethernet cables but that's still an amusing point at which to decide to cheap out with your $180 MSRP product.

...okay watching her blow through these bosses like they're nothing is a bit of a hit to my ego, but no biggie, soldiering on....

vRyue2p.png
    Pls keep dropping Bitcoin

Pls

i need to go to walmart and buy that book for SiG but ..
    its walmart
    and they're shutting the city down so its going to be HELL ON EARTH in that place

Bless your heart.
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Relationship rules

Don’t be a dick

Do safely and consensually give and receive lots of dick

also its supposed to start snowing like 2 or 3 hours earlier than they said. as in the next 30 minutes

Bless your heart.
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    @visiblehowl

Some of the prizes were basically ads for companies is where I got tired of them, especially on the last day. I mean glad they got 2 million fantastic, but could do with less in my face promo adding.
    What companies are you talking about exactly? There's only one as far as I know but there's a reason why.

Bandai-Namco. The organizer of GDQ works for them and she has the leverage to get the company to help promote and provide for the GDQ events. The only price we have to pay for that support is hearing their name throughout the week. That's it. And I don't mind. They provide a lot of the swag / incentive prizes and aren't otherwise pulling peoples' arms to give them business.

Okay, well

Ladyfriend is busy tonight and now my room is immaculate because I was so bored I cleaned

So now I think I'll mosey on down to the ol' familiar coffee shop and have myself a good sit'n'sip

wandering wrote: »
    Relationship rules

fbvh874dzt6c.jpg

Bless your heart.
    @visiblehowl

What companies are you talking about exactly? There's only one as far as I know but there's a reason why.

Bandai-Namco. The organizer of GDQ works for them and she has the leverage to get the company to help promote and provide for the GDQ events. The only price we have to pay for that support is hearing their name throughout the week. That's it. And I don't mind. They provide a lot of the swag / incentive prizes and aren't otherwise pulling peoples' arms to give them business.

Namco's prize pack was just their name over and over, and there were a pair of headphones they were basically selling everytime they mentioned prizes. Where as something like the snes classic was kind of hand waived "oh yeah this is a thing."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I have a stuffed dead parrot from the monty python sketch. I need to find a pirate hat and/or an eye patch before my Sea of Thieves stream next week.

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Pls keep dropping Bitcoin

Pls

then finally DOGE can take its rightful place as king

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i launched sfv ae to try ryu in training mode and i did a cr.mk and saw the range on it and then i alt-f4'd uninstalled threw my computer out the window

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    It's pretty dickish to want people to lose money

But lol fuck Bitcoin

Namco's prize pack was just their name over and over, and there were a pair of headphones they were basically selling everytime they mentioned prizes. Where as something like the snes classic was kind of hand waived "oh yeah this is a thing."
    I mean, to an extent I get it, but as far as invasive capitalism / advertising goes, this is as soft a blow to endure gets. They aren't requiring people to sign up for a news letter or make an account with them, etc. But the biggest point that helps is that they aren't advertising / pushing the company name during the runs. THAT is when it'd be an invasive practice, I feel.

WELCOME TO THE MEGA MAN RELAY RACE SPONSORED BY BANDAI-NAMCO OH SHIT CAPCOM TOO I GUESS

That'll never happen :P

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    I hate you all

It's beautiful

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    It's pretty dickish to want people to lose money

But lol fuck Bitcoin

not the kind of people who are that into bitcoin

I mean honestly the ones that are all in..it's damn near patriotic to want them to lose everything

• mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    HAS EVERYONE SEEN ZALLARD1 BEAT PUNCH OUT AND SUPER PUNCHOUT ON A SINGLE CONTROLLER AT THE SAME GODDAMN TIME???

You may think that I am joking like “hahaha, vidya games g4m3rs amirite?” but I am not. This was a real thing that really happened. And you should go watch it right now.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
This discussion has been closed.