As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Here [chat] the Mummies

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Okay, well

Ladyfriend is busy tonight and now my room is immaculate because I was so bored I cleaned

So now I think I'll mosey on down to the ol' familiar coffee shop and have myself a good sit'n'sip

porp is out for book club you should come over and help me charge my crystal

I want u in Chicago so we can be fat

Pizza

Or birthday Fogo

If I didn't have these kids to watch I'd be there for sure

Put them in a balloon

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    How... how did people escape college before learning about Tulip Mania? This was common knowledge among my cohort of friends (some of whom haven't graduated high school!) by, like, 10th grade.

Maybe this is why there are so many people of all ages jumping on board the Bitcoin bubble. They don't remember the Housing bubble or the dotcom bubble or Beanie Babies or fucking Tulips... Those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it, and all that.
    Education in the USA is pretty scattered. A lot of it is focused on trying to promote the USA and how awesome it is.
    I grew up in bumblefuck Indiana! Then again, learning about how "hur hur them furriners done fucked up with Tulips" is somewhat of a "Go Team USA" thing.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    oh shit that reminds me
    i was a little drunk the other day and dude brings in a briefcase. and it has a SNES classic and TV built into it
    and plugs it in
    and he let me play DKC
    and i started crying
    oh my god i am so happy

You must live in some kind of fantasy world or something.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    How... how did people escape college before learning about Tulip Mania? This was common knowledge among my cohort of friends (some of whom haven't graduated high school!) by, like, 10th grade.

Maybe this is why there are so many people of all ages jumping on board the Bitcoin bubble. They don't remember the Housing bubble or the dotcom bubble or Beanie Babies or fucking Tulips... Those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it, and all that.

They remember those more recent bubbles, they just fall into the old "but this time it will be different" trap

It's a paradigm shift!

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i launched sfv ae to try ryu in training mode and i did a cr.mk and saw the range on it and then i alt-f4'd uninstalled threw my computer out the window

yeah

yeah

was the range really long or really short

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

They remember those more recent bubbles, they just fall into the old "but this time it will be different" trap

It's a paradigm shift!

DISRUPTION

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I just watched my professor struggle with a smart board for a while. He kept mispressing the scroll wheel and accidentally clicking in the task bar or right clicking. He ends up accidentally opening a new tab with the source from the syllabus page. And he’s looking at it like he broke the computer.

*room of utterly silent people from 18-30, watching*

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    i launched sfv ae to try ryu in training mode and i did a cr.mk and saw the range on it and then i alt-f4'd uninstalled threw my computer out the window

yeah

yeah

was the range really long or really short
    yes

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I am being treated as an expert in something I am definitely not an expert in and it's pretty crab fab in here rn

ok I found an actual expert, got the answer, and then passed it along like it was my own A++ would middle management again

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    Couscous wrote: »

It's a paradigm shift!

DISRUPTION

Tulip farmers hate him! One weird trick to making millions of guilder!

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Hahahaha fuck yes I'm getting birthday Fogo tonight

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I'm watchin AGDQ constantly as background entertainment. I realized I can't really get tired of when a crows chants HYYYYYYYYPE, it gets me every time.

PSN: Honkalot
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I am being treated as an expert in something I am definitely not an expert in and it's pretty crab fab in here rn

ok I found an actual expert, got the answer, and then passed it along like it was my own A++ would middle management again

Noice

As I do this sort of thing more and more I need to figure out how to balance self-advancement with making sure to credit people who actually did the work especially colleague who is young female poc as people like that tend not to get enough credit etc
    But tbh also colleague who is white dude my age; he's great and I sometimes get credit for his work and I probably shouldn't...

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    @p10 they are making major changes to Ryu apparently. Donkey kick will be one of his setups

But I am mystified by the decisions that led to his nerfs, and those to many other characters

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    well, now i only have one monitor because i threw my other one out the window when i watched this lady trash pontiff so hard

also now i have a broken window and it's very cold in here

vRyue2p.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I'm turning this life of mine around starting today.

• FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Relationship rules

Don’t be a dick

Do safely and consensually give and receive lots of dick

The Dating Rules/Advice thing is tearing me apart, Lisa

Like, I know- be polite, don't be a gropist, accept rejection like a bro.

But, like... what if I find a woman attractive and would like to act on that, but would also not like to fuck up the possibilities of being bros instead?

Like, hey this lady is nice and funny and would be fun to bro with, either by social happenstance or intentionally. But I would also maybe like to see her butt. I worry that by offering drink/asking out/whatever, I'd be fucking with the dynamic. If she's not interested, she's instantly going to to see me as Guy Who Wants to See Butt, and it'll fuck up the trust dynamic for potential broship.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    I'm watchin AGDQ constantly as background entertainment. I realized I can't really get tired of when a crows chants HYYYYYYYYPE, it gets me every time.
    I wish they were able to end this year as they did last year with the "HUG THE GOAT" chant. That was tremendous. <3

tyrannus wrote: »
    Hahahaha fuck yes I'm getting birthday Fogo tonight

Get the Guarana soda. Also I don't care what anyone says, the salad bar is delicious. Don't skip it for more meat.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Next PAX South, I will be a new human of indeterminate gender.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    x4qgguvafdfx.jpg
    Devilman Crybaby (2018)

simonwolf on
    credeiki wrote: »

Noice

As I do this sort of thing more and more I need to figure out how to balance self-advancement with making sure to credit people who actually did the work especially colleague who is young female poc as people like that tend not to get enough credit etc
    But tbh also colleague who is white dude my age; he's great and I sometimes get credit for his work and I probably shouldn't...

the guy I went to is the Chief Structural Engineer for the entire company. aka the technical expert and I assume will be made the CTO when that position is created next year so I don't feel too bad about it heh

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    I wish they were able to end this year as they did last year with the "HUG THE GOAT" chant. That was tremendous. <3

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

PSN: Honkalot
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE ON DRAKENGARD 3:

This game is completely insane.

Noice

the guy I went to is the Chief Structural Engineer for the entire company. aka the technical expert and I assume will be made the CTO when that position is created next year so I don't feel too bad about it heh

oh excellent

I need to become better work friends with olds so I can take credit without guilt :D

I do have that one ex-professor on my team so if he ever *does anything* for our project I'd feel fine about that

...but mostly he sits around thinking about math? (which is what I put him on the team to do, I suppose)

Also he apparently just got a tattoo and I'm so curious

if we talked about it and it's on his arm it wouldn't be rude to ask to see it, would it? I didn't but I'm so curious...he has very non-traditional style for a defense contractor (multiple piercings, too)

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Okay, well

Ladyfriend is busy tonight and now my room is immaculate because I was so bored I cleaned

So now I think I'll mosey on down to the ol' familiar coffee shop and have myself a good sit'n'sip

Full disclosure I tried to engage in some man-on-hand combat earlier and today is just not one of those days

The anorgasmia is real

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Next PAX South, I will be a new human of indeterminate gender.

I like it!

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    simonwolf I feel that your edit weakened the comedy

I must withdraw my agreement

y-yurushite . . .

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.

Noice

oh excellent

I need to become better work friends with olds so I can take credit without guilt :D

I do have that one ex-professor on my team so if he ever *does anything* for our project I'd feel fine about that

...but mostly he sits around thinking about math? (which is what I put him on the team to do, I suppose)

if we talked about it and it's on his arm it wouldn't be rude to ask to see it, would it? I didn't but I'm so curious...he has very non-traditional style for a defense contractor (multiple piercings, too)

I don't think it'd be rude, no. IIRC most people are super hype to share their tats.

Anyone eat at Texas Roadhouse? Is it good?

Okay, well

Full disclosure I tried to engage in some man-on-hand combat earlier and today is just not one of those days

The anorgasmia is real

that sucks and all but it's not really relevant to what I was asking narwhal

Noice

oh excellent

I don't think it'd be rude, no. IIRC most people are super hype to share their tats.

oh no, maybe it was rude of me not to ask

we were talking and he was suddenly like "yo this is weird but I gotta slap my arm it is really itchy and I am not allowed to itch it cause I just got a tattoo" and then we talked about how cool tattoos are for a bit and then went back to talking about image homography

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

I loved that moment in character creation in Fallen London

IRL I'm pretty comfortable with my gender but in a video game?

Mysterious and indistinct whenever possible, yes pls

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    Relationship rules

Don’t be a dick

Do safely and consensually give and receive lots of dick

The Dating Rules/Advice thing is tearing me apart, Lisa

Like, I know- be polite, don't be a gropist, accept rejection like a bro.

But, like... what if I find a woman attractive and would like to act on that, but would also not like to fuck up the possibilities of being bros instead?

Like, hey this lady is nice and funny and would be fun to bro with, either by social happenstance or intentionally. But I would also maybe like to see her butt. I worry that by offering drink/asking out/whatever, I'd be fucking with the dynamic. If she's not interested, she's instantly going to to see me as Guy Who Wants to See Butt, and it'll fuck up the trust dynamic for potential broship.

Ask if you they want to go on a date. If they say no, then that is fine and just be friends with them.

This is literally how I got one of my best friends.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    Basically what I'm saying is social anxiety makes it impossible for me to flirt.

So many words wasted for such a simple concept, I know.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    simonwolf I feel that your edit weakened the comedy

I must withdraw my agreement

y-yurushite . . .

you sicken me

Excessive use of bro.

This discussion has been closed.