As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

100 Pages of [PODCAST] Thread We'll Never Get Back

replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
edited February 2018 in Social Entropy++
Well it doesn't look like anyone else is going to make a new thread. Here are the important podcasts:

Totally Reprise
Finally, after all these years, holds Totally Spies accountable for its sins.

Teenagers With Attitude
Way too many people talk about Power Rangers.

Let's Place
Objectively and scientifically ranks every video game ever made, you've already heard of it though, it's extremely famous. As you might expect, there are many imitators desperately trying to cling to its coattails.

Let Me Tell You About Homestuck
Three people's lives are ruined.

Digital Moncast
Talks about Digimon, and Australia at the end of the podcast but recorded at the beginning of the podcast.

Cosmic Call
The earliest proof we had of intelligent alien life, a while ahead of the alloys.

Trans Mission Radio
A serious podcast about issues affecting transgender people, and in addition to being sad it's also funny.

The Amory Score
There's a band called Coheed and Cambria, and all their songs are about wives dying.

Talkin' Nogcast
A yearly tradition about a yearly tradition!

replacewythy on

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    the forums have built in ads now?

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    This title totally fucks up mobile, by the way

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    This title totally fucks up mobile, by the way

Sorry, I'll change it.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    A solid half of those podcasts could be described as "three people's lives are ruined"

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    My important podcasts:

Giant Bombcast
    Giant Beastcast
    Three Moves Ahead
    Hardcore History

• Options
    the forums have built in ads now?

I am the most advanced spambot ever built.

• Options
    Anyway, I made this thread so I could post about the latest Totally Reprise, which is about one of the best Totally Spies episodes so far.
    "Hey, Luke, shout out to you, fuck you, for leaving without us"
    "And any podcast recipe book will tell you, when you're out of Luke, some Mike will do in a pinch."
    "Like, you made up half of those, right, like half of those were bullshit?" Molly just listed some MMOs and out of them I have only heard of Maple Story.
    "I started going out with an amazing woman, and then she destroyed my life by getting me into an MMO."
    "since then I've also transitioned, not only genders, but also, from magic to melee, truly, truly fucked up."
    "Hashtag gaming."
    "So, the thing about Ocarina of Time, is that it's bullshit."
    I'm glad everyone else was also furious about the episode being called Mime Your Own Business.
    "This episode is going to be a ride, folks."
    "I really did just make Alex as my tabletop character, didn't I?"
    "I went to film school, this is just for me."
    "Quick question: do you think WOOHP actually has a daycare?" "I hope not." "Well, they need some test subjects."
    "It causes a Final Destination."
    The first thing Ashley's driving school did was show her part of a Final Destination movie, and that's extremely fucked up.
    "Okay, see, what I thought was that he shot the ground once, and the ground got mimed."
    "Earth Dash Mime." "That's my favorite Coheed and Cambria album."
    "Which, I want to state for the record, this puppet does not help communicate at any point." It is so extremely not a solution to the problem.
    Molly did this podcast instead of going to a cat cafe, and now she's angry at Ashley and Mike for keeping her away from those cats.
    "There is a walking on two feet, mime dog. Did you notice that he's wearing anime shades?" what is this show
    "I said it looked like a blow-up doll." "I said it looked like a blowjob face."
    "And the thing about this guy is that he sucks, but also, he's the best villain that they've ever had." He's top 5 at least, he's great.
    "So Alex has her monkey lead the charge via jetpack" an excellent sentence
    "When I become a mime wrestler, that's gonna be what my t-shirt says. There's already a mime wrestler."
    "did you ever ask out Jerry's photocopier?" "Burt." Thank you.
    "I think we all learned something here today." Absolutely not.
    "'Do you think any bands are into mime fucking?' Ironically enough, Insane Clown Posse." Excellent answer to my bad question.
    "Do you think John Popper would fuck a mime in a pinch?"
    "Fuck you, I got mime." no
    The next episode is probably going to be... a lot.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Oh also I tried watching Sully today mostly because David & Griffin would never shut up about it

They're wrong, that movie is bad, it's very bad!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Oh also I tried watching Sully today mostly because David & Griffin would never shut up about it

They're wrong, that movie is bad, it's very bad!

Shoulda just watched Robocop, the great American film.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I think that people should stop giving Clint Eastwood money to direct films.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Claudio sanchez just

He just hates women so much yall

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Totally Reprise
    Finally, after all these years, holds Totally Spies accountable for its sins.

Thank god. Everyone involved in this podcast is a hero.

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I read the new version of good apollo first and thouggt it was dumnmb and then went back to read the original version and god bless chondra echert she is doing her absolute best to salvage her husband's dumb story

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    Important podcast news:
    It's weeks later, and I'm still laughing whenever I think about the Waypoint episode about alien alloys. Austin's bit about "what if aliens showed up and they wanted our gold" is inspired.

I have a twitter.
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Power Rangers 2017 is a remake of Battlefield Earth?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    That's just Cowboys and Aliens

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Charmy wrote: »
    Important podcast news:
    It's weeks later, and I'm still laughing whenever I think about the Waypoint episode about alien alloys. Austin's bit about "what if aliens showed up and they wanted our gold" is inspired.

The bit that gets me is when they describe first date ideas and Austin turns Danielle's cat thing against her and then turns Patrick thing of watching the X-Files as the alien going "Fuck this chaser bullshit."

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    that's just power rangers 2017
    agoaj wrote: »

hey why do all these aliens want gold so much

• Options

Well it's not fiat currency for one thing.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    "Do you think any bands are into mime fucking?"

Regina Spektor?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I'm not saying I want him to show up every week, but I really enjoyed Nasty Man's guest host spot on MBMBAM this week

• Options
    I just listened to Luke and Ashley LMTYAHS episode 14, the end of act 3, so soon I'm going to listen to the Midnight Crew intermission be explained like three times in a row and still not understand it at all.
    "I do like that Bro identifies himself on his copy of the game as 'Bro.'"
    "I've been listening to the older episodes, man, Dave really just is Mike Blais." "He really is just Mike Blais." See this is why I have to listen to all of these, to understand these kinds of references.
    "Is Jade a libertarian?" "Shit, I thought John was a libertarian." how dare you suggest that either of them are libertarians
    "Is this an Ayn Rand novel? It's long enough." god damnit
    "It might come as a surprise to you, as the host of a podcast about a webcomic, I'm not especially physically fit."
    "It may just be because I see a lot of Rose in me, that I'm like no, she's gay." I mean she's right.
    "This has been Shippin' Talk With Luke."
    "You've been promised lesbians, you'll get lesbians." The next thing they read is a pesterlog between Rose and Kanaya, this is amazing foreshadowing.
    fuck, Luke's Kanaya voice is incredible
    "When do things ever come back in this comic, really?"
    "We're in sync, Ashley!" "Oh noooooooo!" "You've been homestuck!"
    Ashley's Tavros voice is really good too, they're nailing these voices.
    "Two, Dave is now obviously Jewish." That's a good point, I'm definitely considering that canon from now on.
    "See, he might be a horrible murderer, but he's a reasonable man."
    "Good gravy, Ashley, a lot of things just happened!"
    "The gray body paint economy just tanked when Homestuck ended." "Oh, I'm sure. Like, somewhere in a factory they were like, boys, it's been an honor serving with you."
    "And we're gonna get to take a nice long break from thinking about any of these questions while we enjoy the murder adventures of a bunch of weird chess people on a weird different world, that doesn't seem to have anything to do with anything we've seen so far."

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

For use in electronics?

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Charmy wrote: »
    Important podcast news:

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Welcome Home is the only Coheed & Cambria song I have ever unironically enjoyed.

The only problem is that now I am old enough to recognize just how bad it actually is.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    coheed and cambria has made a lot of good music

this statement, I will stand behind

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I only know their hits, and I think they're decent enough.

The suffering is an absolute banger, though. I can't get enough of that song.

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Coheed and Cambria is perfectly serviceable as a band, but I want nothing to do with the meta narrative or anything outside of some select songs

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    the last mbmbam was probably the hardest I've laughed at an episode in a few months

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    that bit about horsefingers legitimately freaked my bean

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Welcome Home is the only Coheed & Cambria song I have ever unironically enjoyed.

The only problem is that now I am old enough to recognize just how bad it actually is.

Well you’re in luck, because in theory that’s the next song Amory Score will cover!

Also, the worst sudden realization of what a Coheed song is about was when I was singing along with Goodnight, Fair Lady. That song should NOT be that catchy god dammit.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

I've seen all three of these movies more than once

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Well you’re in luck, because in theory that’s the next song Amory Score will cover!

Also, the worst sudden realization of what a Coheed song is about was when I was singing along with Goodnight, Fair Lady. That song should NOT be that catchy god dammit.
    today's episode is Keeping the Blade and Always And Never

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    rhylith wrote: »

today's episode is Keeping the Blade and Always And Never

Oh yeah, those exist. Whoops!

Either way this album is great and also awful and I assume y’all are gonna have some fun with it.

rhylith on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Recently at my work a teenage girl named Cambria came through

and a chill went through my entire body at the distinct possibility that this girl was named after either the band or, even worse, the characters from the band

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Actually the song I’m most looking forward to y’all covering is Ten Speed (Of God’s Blood and Burial) because that song is a banger and is also so, so very stupid.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I don't even remember that coheed and cambria song from... rock band? or was it the third guitar hero?

I dunno it seemed sort of generic and overblown to me but that's all I remember about it.

Tallahasseeriel on
This discussion has been closed.