As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo eShop] So many classic games, so little time to play them all.

• TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    One game that I thought was fairly good that I have that I can't recall the name of was basically Greek Mythology Punch-out.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    TelMarine wrote: »
    One game that I thought was fairly good that I have that I can't recall the name of was basically Greek Mythology Punch-out.

Rage of the Gladiator?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqa6jOXHgvo

• TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    That's the one.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Dirty wrote: »
    Wasn't there a site that made a full list of all the titles on the Wii Shop Channel that have not made their way to any other online service?

Kotaku has a list. I don't think it's comprehensive but it hits all the high notes.

Honestly, that sounds better than a full list. I'm sure most of the stuff is probably trash anyway.

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Any similar lists for VC offerings?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Late eShop update this week because of the Direct and because I wasn't able to post this earlier

Switch Download

ACA NeoGeo Art of Fighting 2 – $7.99
    Azkend 2: The World Beneath – $7.99 (available January 12)
    Brawl – $9.99 (available January 12)
    Draw a Stickman: EPIC 2 – $6.99
    Energy Invasion – $2.99
    The Escapists 2 – $14.99
    Furi – $19.99
    Gunhouse – $14.99 (available January 15)
    InnerSpace – $19.99 (available January 16)
    Moorhuhn Knights & Castles – $29.99
    Of Mice and Sand: Revised – $9.99
    Rally Racers – $9.99
    Super Meat Boy – $14.99

Switch DLC

Pokken Tournament DX Battle Pack

Switch Demos

Dragon Quest Builders
    forma.8

3DS Download

Operation COBRA – $2.99

3DS Pre-Load

Pokemon Crystal (available January 26)

Wii U Download

Jolt Family Robot Racer – $5.99

eShop Sales

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Digital Deals – Nintendo is kicking off its first digital sale of the year. During the Digital Deals event, fans can save up to 30 percent on select digital games for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Plus, My Nintendo members earn Gold Points on qualifying purchases. Shop now through 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 18 to save. See the details at www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U

Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Got an email from Nintendo giving me 300 platinum coins for my birthday today. Like, that's actually really cool of them. Then I remember that the site pointlessly only supports the Wii U and 3DS, so I'm hoping they get their Switch support up before the coins expire. Not holding my breath though.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Got an email from Nintendo giving me 300 platinum coins for my birthday today. Like, that's actually really cool of them. Then I remember that the site pointlessly only supports the Wii U and 3DS, so I'm hoping they get their Switch support up before the coins expire. Not holding my breath though.

But don't you want those phone wallpapers? :3

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »

But don't you want those phone wallpapers? :3

Man, I bought ALL of those things because "why not?" and am still sitting on 2000+ Plat coins. I remember when they first revamped the site and everyone was concerned because the Zelda Picross was 1,000 coins. Who knew that would be the only thing worth a damn to buy?

Step it up Nintendo!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Haha yeah, it's a shame. I stopped even doing the weekly free coin stuff (especially now that "log into miiverse" isn't even a thing anymore). There hasn't been anything worth buying there in forever (except maybe like the mobile game resources stuff, but that requires specific coins anyways now).

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    This weeks' eShop update

Switch Retail

Lost Sphear – $49.99 (available January 23)

Switch Download

ACA NeoGeo Power Spikes II – $7.99
    Ambition of the Slimes – $5.00
    Arcade Archives Double Dragon – $7.99
    Baseball Riot – $4.99 (available January 19)
    ChromaGun – $19.99 (available January 22)
    Darkest Dungeon – $24.99
    Nuclien – $2.99 (available January 19)
    Oh…Sir! The Hollywood Roast – $2.99
    Oh…Sir! The Insult Simulator – $1.99
    Qbik – $4.99
    Shu – $9.99 (available January 23)
    Vesta – $14.99 (available January 19)
    World to the West – $19.99

Switch DLC

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Expansion Pass DLC – If you purchased the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Expansion Pass, new content is available at 9:00 p.m. PT!

Expansion Pass: New Quests Pack 1

Passion of the Artisan (Quest available in Chapter 2)
    M.I.A. Nopon (Quest available in Chapter 3)
    Industrial Sort of Tour (Quest available in Chapter 5)
    Midnight Feasting (Quest available in Chapter 7)
    The Lone Watchman (Quest available in Chapter 10)

Expansion Pass: Helpful Items Pack 3

Driver Essentials Set 2: Rare Core Crystal x10, Legendary Core Crystal x1, Overdrive Protocol x1
    Tora’s Favorite Thing: Juicy Samod x3
    Poppi α’s Favorite Thing: Fizz Juice x3
    Charming Driver Gear: Auto-Balancer x1

Switch Demos

Implosion – Demo Version
    League of Evil

3DS Retail

Kirby Battle Royale – $39.99 (available January 19)

3DS Download

Link-a-Pix Color – $7.99

New 3DS Download

Raining Coins – $3.99

eShop Sales

Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    This weeks' eShop update

Switch Download

ACA NeoGeo World Heroes 2 – $7.99
    Arcade Archives Kid Niki Radical Ninja – $7.99
    Celeste – $19.99
    Dustoff Heli Rescue 2 – $14.99
    Earth Wars – $4.50
    Fantasy Hero: Unsigned Legacy – $9.99
    Space Dave! – $9.99
    Strikers 1945 II – $7.99
    Super One More Jump – $7.00
    Tachyon Project – $9.99
    Tales of the Tiny Planet – $19.99
    Tennis – $7.99
    Zero Gunner 2 – $7.99

3DS Download

Pokemon Crystal – $9.99 (available January 26)

Switch Demo

Inversus Deluxe

New 3DS Download

Zig Zag Go – $1.49

eShop Sales

Nintendo Switch eShop Sale – Looking for something new to play? Download great digital games to play anytime, anywhere—and in a whole new way—with Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch system. Starting at 9 a.m. PT, you can get up to 30 percent off select digital games for Nintendo Switch. My Nintendo members also earn Gold Points on qualifying digital purchases, so it’s a win-win. Act fast, though, as this sale only runs until Feb. 1 at 8:59 a.m. PT.

Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Activities

Kirby My Nintendo Rewards: Let the battles begin! Kirby is back with pink ’n’ puffy My Nintendo rewards to celebrate the launch of the Kirby Battle Royale game. Visit my.nintendo.com for the latest reward information.
    Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu theme: Kirby Battle Royale: May the Best Kirby Win!

Kirby February calendar

My Nintendo Presents Nindie Game Gold Point Rewards Vol. 3: Got Gold Points? Get select digital games! My Nintendo users can redeem Gold Points for some of the hottest digital indie games on Nintendo platforms between Jan. 26 and March 25. During this limited time, users can redeem Gold Points to download select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U digital games from talented independent developers. Users will receive a download code that is redeemed in Nintendo eShop. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/news to see a list of the games.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Thanks for posting these lists Skeldare, much appreciated.

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    NeoGeo King of Monsters is worth a play. It was a fantastic game.

It's kind of meh but buy it anyway so they will do the sequel, which is one of my favorite SNES games.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • bfickybficky Registered User regular
    Nice, there are some AAA games on sale this week in the eShop. Arms, Mario + Rabbids, Doom, LEGO Marvel 2, and 1-2 Switch are all 30% off.

I have M+R already and own Doom on PS4, but I'm thinking about picking up Arms and/or 1-2 Switch while they're 30% off (actually, I just stocked up on eShop money when eBay had a 15% off deal, so they'd really be ~40% off). Is 1-2 Switch really as bad as I've heard it is, or do I just need to go in with realistic expectations (silly and simplistic but still fun party game)?

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    I'd avoid 1-2 Switch... we played it a couple times after we initially got the Switch and then haven't touched it since.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
    Incindium wrote: »
    I'd avoid 1-2 Switch... we played it a couple times after we initially got the Switch and then haven't touched it since.

Heh, I was just coming in here to say that I just watched Giant Bomb's video on 1-2 Switch and I thought it looked better than I expected. But yeah, it definitely seems like a game only played occasionally, like the Jackbox games. I just need to decide if it's worth $35$30 to have it in those situations.

Does it feel janky, like the joy-cons are just not good enough to do what the minigames are asking you to do, or is it competent and well constructed but just kinda dull?

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    bficky wrote: »
    Incindium wrote: »

Heh, I was just coming in here to say that I just watched Giant Bomb's video on 1-2 Switch and I thought it looked better than I expected. But yeah, it definitely seems like a game only played occasionally, like the Jackbox games. I just need to decide if it's worth $35$30 to have it in those situations.

Does it feel janky, like the joy-cons are just not good enough to do what the minigames are asking you to do, or is it competent and well constructed but just kinda dull?

It’s a good product, but it’s just clunky and awkward enough that it doesn’t make for a good party game. Jackbox, you tell people to go to a website and put in the code on the TV. 1-2 Switch, you explain the Joycons, that you have to hold them like on the TV but maintain eye contact, then the controls switch for the next game. It’s like a slower, less manic Warioware. Without that energy and simplicity people just don’t engage.

• WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    bficky wrote: »
    Nice, there are some AAA games on sale this week in the eShop. Arms, Mario + Rabbids, Doom, LEGO Marvel 2, and 1-2 Switch are all 30% off.

I have M+R already and own Doom on PS4, but I'm thinking about picking up Arms and/or 1-2 Switch while they're 30% off (actually, I just stocked up on eShop money when eBay had a 15% off deal, so they'd really be ~40% off). Is 1-2 Switch really as bad as I've heard it is, or do I just need to go in with realistic expectations (silly and simplistic but still fun party game)?

Oh shit thanks for the heads-up. M+R Gold for $56 instead of $80? Don't mind if I do, Nintendo.

• TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Is Earth Wars good? I always saw it (as Earth's Dawn) on the PS4 and was curious. For less than $5 I might have to indulge

Thanks for posting these lists Skeldare, much appreciated.

No problem, I'm here to help! :cool:

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Two chapters into Celeste, and it's excellent so far.

• earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    I just finished riding the gondola which puts me at level 5. Only 367 deaths lol. This game us great, exactly what you would expect for the Towerfall people making a platformer. It's great, the sound design and music are tops.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Tairu wrote: »
    Is Earth Wars good? I always saw it (as Earth's Dawn) on the PS4 and was curious. For less than $5 I might have to indulge

It's OK. Kinda like a poor man's Vanillaware game.

I'm wondering if it's the same game, though. Different name, and vastly different price. Earth's Dawn is $30 on PSN.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Tairu wrote: »

It's OK. Kinda like a poor man's Vanillaware game.

I'm wondering if it's the same game, though. Different name, and vastly different price. Earth's Dawn is $30 on PSN.

It looks like it

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/01/25/earth-wars-25-cheaper-nintendo-switch/

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Huh, I got friggin' hosed on PSN, then...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    edited January 2018
    Paypal Digital Gifts is selling $50 eShop gift cards for $42.50 (15% off) on eBay right now. The eShop code is emailed to you usually within a few minutes.

Nice way to get an extra ~10% off those digital games currently on sale in the eShop.

EDIT: Oooof, they have 1000 to sell and they're already 80% gone. Sorry, this deal probably won't last long. The good news is that a quick search on twitter shows that this same deal has shown up about once a week, so hopefully we're not that far from the next one.

bficky on
    Awesome! I got one. Thanks!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    No problem. I picked up one as well. I already had $50 in my wallet from the last time I saw the deal about a week ago, but I wanted to spend more than $50 in this current eShop sale and was annoyed that I'd have to use full price money to get everything I wanted :)

The combination of these frequent 15% off eShop credit deals, waiting for the 30% off sales, and making sure the Nintendo eShop knows that I live in Portland, Oregon (zip code 97080), where there is no sales tax on eShop purchases, helps lessen the sting of going 100% digital on the switch. ARMS, for instance, would normally cost me ~$64.94 if bought full price but I just got it for $35.69 using all three of those money-saving means. All I need is just a little patience ♫

• SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Man. The eShop sales tax thing stings me bad here in Canada. The combo of devalued currency + high sales tax means I can't really go all-digital with Nintendo. I can usually get stuff cheaper by picking things up physically in Washington State once they're on sale down there.

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
    I thought about getting another one but I didn’t want to be one of those people. Since I’m all digital, this is the only way to get anything on sale during non-sale times.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Didn't realize there was a limit to those Eshop cards. Guess I'll keep waiting?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Dang tried to get one and sold out.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
      Anyone have experience with Year Walk for Wii U? It's free for 50 gold coins via My Nintendo but I need to know if I can play it on just the GamePad or if I would have to reconnect the system to my TV.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
      AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
      Vyolynce wrote: »
      Anyone have experience with Year Walk for Wii U? It's free for 50 gold coins via My Nintendo but I need to know if I can play it on just the GamePad or if I would have to reconnect the system to my TV.

It's a great game, and you can play it completely on the gamepad.

Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
      Yeah, very cool and surprising. Definitely check it out if you're interested. Quite scary too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      This weeks' eShop update

Switch Download

3D Minigolf – $19.99
      ACA NeoGeo Samurai Shodown II – $7.99
      AeternoBlade – $14.99
      Black Hole – $5.99 (available February 6)
      Crypt of the NecroDancer: Nintendo Switch Edition – $19.99
      Dandara – $11.99 (available February 6)
      The Darkside Detective – $12.99 (available February 7)
      Frederic 2: Evil Strikes Back – $4.99
      Her Majesty’s Spiffing – $9.99
      Island Flight Simulator – $19.99
      Mad Carnage – $4.99 (available February 2)
      Mercenary Kings Reloaded – $19.99 (available February 6)
      Night in the Woods – $19.99
      Shiftlings – Enhanced Edition – $11.25
      Sky Force Reloaded – $9.99
      SteamWorld Dig – $9.99

Switch DLC

Pokkén Tournament DX Battle Pack: Wave 1 – The Pokkén Tournament DX Battle Pack grants immediate access to Avatar items upon purchase and two waves of DLC as they are released. (The full game is required to access the DLC.) The Battle Pack contains two new Battle Pokémon and two new Support Pokémon Sets. With these Pokémon joining the fray, the battle is just getting started.

Wave 1 launched on Jan. 31 and contains Battle Pokémon Aegislash, a new Support Pokémon set featuring Mega Rayquaza and Mimikyu, and additional Avatar items.

Wave 2 releases on March 23 and contains Battle Pokémon Blastoise, a new Support Pokémon set featuring Mew and Celebi, and additional Avatar items.

Switch Demo

AeternoBlade

3DS Download

Now I know my ABCs 2 – $8.99

3DS Themes

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology Theme
      Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology Chibi Theme
      Pokémon: Team Plasma (Pokémon Black and Pokémon White)
      Pokémon: Team Plasma (Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2)

3DS Demo

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology

Wii U Download

Toon War – $9.99

Wii U Virtual Console

Battle Chopper – $5.99
      Necromancer – $5.99

eShop Sales

Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • GyralGyral Registered User regular
      Welp, looks like I'm buying Samurai Shodown II again.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
      Crypt of the Necrodancer is so good! I'll probably end up buying it again on Switch. Worth it for the music alone, imo.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
      edited February 2018
      Skull2185 wrote: »
      Crypt of the Necrodancer is so good! I'll probably end up buying it again on Switch. Worth it for the music alone, imo.

I don't know I enjoyed playing it with disco and other music
      It seemed fitting for being in a crypt

I forgot Wulverblade was on sale last week o well

Brainleech on
    This discussion has been closed.