As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

100 Pages of [PODCAST] Thread We'll Never Get Back

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Okay, I have to know: is someone eating a bowl of cereal in Episode 1 of Let’s Place?

• jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Uriel wrote: »
    I don't even remember that coheed and cambria song from... rock band? or was it the third guitar hero?

I dunno it seemed sort of generic and overblown to me but that's all I remember about it.

Ten speed of god's blood and burial, and welcome home were both in rock band I think.

Can there just be a podcast which is all about 2000s rock opera / concept albums and associated media.

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I reflexively recoiled from my phone as though it were a live snake when I read the title for this week's totally reprise

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Okay, I have to know: is someone eating a bowl of cereal in Episode 1 of Let’s Place?

Probably

There's one later on where I and someone else... Geebs maybe? Are both building a lego model while also placing

It seems on brand

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    I reflexively recoiled from my phone as though it were a live snake when I read the title for this week's totally reprise

I thought it was a bit much, but I didn't really mime.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    jaziek wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    I don't even remember that coheed and cambria song from... rock band? or was it the third guitar hero?

I dunno it seemed sort of generic and overblown to me but that's all I remember about it.

Ten speed of god's blood and burial, and welcome home were both in rock band I think.

Ten speed was dlc and a cover but it was there. I’m pretty sure the cover cut out the argument between the writer and the bicycle, which is a war crime.

It is up to you to decide if the argument or the argument being removed is the war crime.

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    secret Metal Gear Solid thread, I just saw the most incredible thing

little old lady driving a car with a ton of dog and knitting themed bumper stickers, and one was a Diamond Dogs emblem

either she is a MGS fan or has absolutely no idea, and either explanation is amazing

• jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    I remember welcome home in rock band being the censored version, and it being incredibly jarring and obvious.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    claudio needs censorship

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    So I listened to the Bored Ghosts podcast that @ChicoBlue recommended with Dan and Stuart from the Flop House.

It's real good! Also Stuart namedropped fuckin' World of Xeen, and just when I thought I couldn't love that man more...

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular

Probably

There's one later on where I and someone else... Geebs maybe? Are both building a lego model while also placing

It seems on brand

I can't recall the episode, but one of the early ones someone is either using a fidget clicker or is constantly clicking their pen.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Welcome Home was the theme song for NXT during the Golden Age, so it gets a lifetime pass for me

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    oh god

26734122_10213122176642977_6048365409371031917_n.jpg?oh=e827daafc405dd69cb372e2c3cffbe8e&oe=5AE8ED30

OH GOD

26805251_10156369413781535_198186570210501126_n.jpg?oh=8fffd1ccf0f0ee309db102c2e3ba97c9&oe=5AF26910

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

I honestly might have been
    It seems like something I'd do

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Recently at my work a teenage girl named Cambria came through

and a chill went through my entire body at the distinct possibility that this girl was named after either the band or, even worse, the characters from the band

why wouldn't you want your child to be named after a woman who was complicit in killing 3 of her 4 children and was later mind controlled to kill her husband

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated

and a chill went through my entire body at the distinct possibility that this girl was named after either the band or, even worse, the characters from the band

why wouldn't you want your child to be named after a woman who was complicit in killing 3 of her 4 children and was later mind controlled to kill her husband

People name their kids anakin

A mass child murderer and space nazi

People are weird

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    It's been a while since we've done a Draw a Horse thread.......

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys

People are weird

Well, Leia and Han did it in Legends continuity.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

People are weird

Also at one point an adorable child.

Naming kids after genocidal conquerors is nothing new though, see the name Alexander for example.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Probably

It seems on brand

I once got Skyped in to a Let's Place call on my phone while at Barnes and Noble and if I'd had a way to record my audio with my phone I would have just gone with it

cdci44qazyo3.gif

People are weird

Well, Leia and Han did it in Legends continuity.

Yeah that was a weird call too

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular

Coheed and Cambria was my favorite nonsense to listen to while studying. I ruined "Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness" (that's his full name and people leave out the "Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness" but I think it's important) by putting that on repeat while I studied for organic chemistry for hours and hours at a time. (Because adderall isn't a problem for college kids noooooo, lets just give this addictive substance the air of productivity and "what you need to do to get ahead!")
    It will never be music again, but I can use it to trick my brain into a panicked "need to work" state.

That got away from me. Point is, I don't think many people actually understand what Claudio is singing. I sang ALONG all the time and it was still often gibberish. And "Cambria" sounds like a dope word that may have something to do with dinosaurs!

Inquisitor wrote: »

People are weird

Also at one point an adorable child.

Naming kids after genocidal conquerors is nothing new though, see the name Alexander for example.

Jake Loyd is a creepy kid in that movie!!

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    oh god

26734122_10213122176642977_6048365409371031917_n.jpg?oh=e827daafc405dd69cb372e2c3cffbe8e&oe=5AE8ED30

OH GOD

26805251_10156369413781535_198186570210501126_n.jpg?oh=8fffd1ccf0f0ee309db102c2e3ba97c9&oe=5AF26910

Man, Spy Kids was wild.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Yes I named my baby Hitler, I am a fan of history, what of it

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor

Coheed and Cambria was my favorite nonsense to listen to while studying. I ruined "Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness" (that's his full name and people leave out the "Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness" but I think it's important) by putting that on repeat while I studied for organic chemistry for hours and hours at a time. (Because adderall isn't a problem for college kids noooooo, lets just give this addictive substance the air of productivity and "what you need to do to get ahead!")
    It will never be music again, but I can use it to trick my brain into a panicked "need to work" state.

That got away from me. Point is, I don't think many people actually understand what Claudio is singing. I sang ALONG all the time and it was still often gibberish. And "Cambria" sounds like a dope word that may have something to do with dinosaurs!

You should listen to Amory Score and learn exactly what Claudio is singing.

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i mean I'm naming my son Sandstorm even though sandstorms are very, very dangerous

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    i mean I'm naming my son Sandstorm even though sandstorms are very, very dangerous

What song is he?

But that's mostly as a warning to the other children, I'd imagine

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular

Baby Anakin hates him.

sig.gif
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

People are weird

A teacher said his child was named Anakin. He claimed that his wife picked it after seeing it in a list of baby names and that she hadn't even seen Star Wars.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

What song is he?

Darude, by Sandstorm

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    A solid half of those podcasts could be described as "three people's lives are ruined"

Much like Persona 5, your contract with Moncast has been sealed, Joel.

Break it, and you will face ruin.

Grey Ghost wrote: »

What song is he?

Darude, by Sandstorm

hey. graham.

why you gotta be darude?

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Someone I work with named their son “Draco” and every time they say it’s not a Harry Potter reference I am more convinced it’s a Harry Potter reference

6F32U1X.png
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

What song is he?

Darude, by Sandstorm

hey. graham.

why you gotta be darude?

Marry that girl DODODODODOOOOO DODODODODOOOO

Someone I work with named their son “Draco” and every time they say it’s not a Harry Potter reference I am more convinced it’s a Harry Potter reference

drop some choice dragonheart quotes and see how they react

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    My roommate's brother has named both of his children after Magic cards, so honestly, nothing is going to surprise me at this point

This is my son, Starwars Pokemon, he's named after his grandparents.

The thing they fail to realize is there's nothing it could be that's any less embarrassing. There was just no way to win with that one.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.