As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pbp] Ruins of Undermountain (D&D 5e) - ADVENTURE OVER!!! Thanks for Playing!

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    Yeah, y got the magic shield and the silvered sword. Dural's got the magic weapon. Someone else has magic weapons too, I think.

@Bursar - please give me a Stealth check for your Hide action.

I did, back in my turn's post. Did that not count? (I don't mind rolling again, but it was a nat20, so I have to at least stick up for it.)

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    Yeah, y got the magic shield and the silvered sword. Dural's got the magic weapon. Someone else has magic weapons too, I think.

@Bursar - please give me a Stealth check for your Hide action.

I did, back in my turn's post. Did that not count? (I don't mind rolling again, but it was a nat20, so I have to at least stick up for it.)

So you did! How did I miss that?

Anyway, @evilthecat is still up! Followed by @am0n !

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Soooo could I get advantage on a spell attack, what with Zarr slowly floating through the air like an obese pidgeon?

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    Sorry, no. She's already finished her turn this round and ended her movement atop the ledge.

• Options
    Can I fling a fireball at her without hitting a teammate? no idea how high this balcony is..

• Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    It is 20 feet high.

• Options
    evilthecat wrote: »
    Can I fling a fireball at her without hitting a teammate? no idea how high this balcony is..

If you position the globe correctly, yes. The ledge is 20' and the ceiling is lost in the darkness, at least 80' from the floor.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    quick math says dural and philo are then 28ft away from zarr!
    if that *isn't* the case, then the following obviously doesn't apply!

Salazar rummages around in a bag and produces the fireball scroll the group had found earlier on.
    On the one hand, he resents having to use it, on the other he was really itching to see how one was supposed to give a lowly firebolt a more explosive component.
    "What? Carry the four? What nonsense is this?! .. OH. oh. Hmm. Riiiiiight..."

A fireball streaks through the darkness and envelops the drow priestess.
    Multiple rays of fire follow shortly thereafter!
    Salazar then runs into a corner and hides.

Actions:
    use scroll of fireball
    use 2 sorcery points to make scorching ray a bonus action and sink that into the drow as well.
    Then run to D4.

minion, roll 8d6 for fireball damage
    minion, roll 3#1d20+6 to hit with rays
    minion, roll 3#2d6 for damage

after roll edit:

she needs to roll dex vs DC14 to save for half, already subtracted the scorching ray damage.
    Barran (C6) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/1, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2, Hidden, Half-Cover
    Lady Zarr (H14+20') - AC:16, HP:44/71, Spells:-/4/3/3/3/2, Fey Ancestry, Innate Spells
    Yochlol (H11) - AC:15, HP:125, Resist: B/P/S, Cold, Fire & Lightning except magic, Immune Poison, Magic Resistance, Spider Climb, Web Walker
    Dural (H10) - AC:18, HP: 40+5/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:5/20, HD: 0/4, INSPIRATION, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Philo (G10) - AC:19, HP:38+5/38, 2/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 1/4, Cold Resistance, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Salazar (I6) - AC:16, HP: 30+5/30, Spells:-/4/2, SP: 2, HD:0/4, BARKSKINNED, H.Pots: 2, Scrolls: Fireball, Acid Arrow
    At (G6) - AC:16, HP: 29+5/31, Ki: 4/4, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2
    Drow 1 (C10+15') - AC:15, HP:13, Fey Ancestry, Innate Spells, Half-Cover
    Drow 2 (M10+15') - AC:15, HP:13, Fey Ancestry, Innate Spells, Half-Cover
    Ra'Fiki (G11) - AC:13, HP:10, Resist: B/P/S,Cold except Silver & Magic, Immune to Fire & Poison, TURNED

fireball damage:
    8d6 21 [8d6=5, 1, 1, 3, 1, 5, 3, 2]
    to hit with rays:
    3#1d20+6 3 # 19 [1d20=13] 18 [1d20=12] 17 [1d20=11]
    damage:
    3#2d6 3 # 3 [2d6=1, 2] 5 [2d6=3, 2] 10 [2d6=6, 4]

evilthecat on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Nope. She eats all that fire. Nice!

Geth, roll 1d20+2 for DEX save

DEX save:
    1d20+2 12 [1d20=10]

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    Barran (C6) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/1, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2, Hidden, Half-Cover
    Lady Zarr (H14+20') - AC:16, HP:23/71, Spells:-/4/3/3/3/2, Fey Ancestry, Innate Spells
    Yochlol (H11) - AC:15, HP:125, Resist: B/P/S, Cold, Fire & Lightning except magic, Immune Poison, Magic Resistance, Spider Climb, Web Walker
    Dural (H10) - AC:18, HP: 40+5/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:5/20, HD: 0/4, INSPIRATION, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Philo (G10) - AC:19, HP:38+5/38, 2/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 1/4, Cold Resistance, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Salazar (I6) - AC:16, HP: 30+5/30, Spells:-/4/2, SP: 2, HD:0/4, BARKSKINNED, H.Pots: 2, Scrolls: Fireball, Acid Arrow
    At (G6) - AC:16, HP: 29+5/31, Ki: 4/4, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2
    Drow 2 (M10+15') - AC:15, HP:13, Fey Ancestry, Innate Spells, Half-Cover
    Ra'Fiki (G11) - AC:13, HP:10, Resist: B/P/S,Cold except Silver & Magic, Immune to Fire & Poison, TURNED

23 hp guys .... 23!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I love the smell of burning drow in the morning...
    Smells like... ugh... actually, no, this is a terrible terrible smell.

• Options
    Geez. What were you guys worried about again?

I have suddenly gone from "yeah, this too hard so I'll go easy on them for the first round" to "fuck these guys, fuck them right in the ear." :)

• Options
    Zarr isn't dead yet and that demon is gonna start swinging this round, I'm still on the fence about our chances here!

• Options
    And who do you think she's going to be gunning for next? :evil:

@am0n - Its your turn to try and absolutely ruin my day. :)

• Options
    edited January 2018
    As the heat of the firestorm Salazar unleashed on Lady Zarr passes by Ay, he eyes of the ledge and breaks into a sprint. Slinging his staff over his shoulder as he dodges around the creature still clawing its way from whatever realm it was pulled from, Ay leaps for the arm rest of the throne, hoping to use it to vault himself higher...

He nimbly flies through the air, reaching the ledge of Lady Zarr, but his momentum is cut short as he finds himself dangling on the ledge.

Bonus: Spend Ki to Dash as a bonus Action and Double my Jump distance. (can clear 8 feet and reach 17 feet)
    Move: Forward, dodging stuff and trying to scale the ledge, using the throne (5 feet high) to help out
    Result: Failed DC14, so I am dangling from the ledge.
    Action: Was hoping to swing at Lady Zarr, instead I am swinging on the ledge.

Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Acrobatics

Edit: Lame.

Acrobatics:
    1d20+5 7 [1d20=2]

am0n on
  • Options
  • Options
    Well I've clearly blown my load, I'm no longer a threat!

• Options
    edited January 2018
    As the nimble elf blasts past the demon at a full run, he takes a swipe from the foul creature! Ay easily ducks under the attack he moves to vault his way to the top of the ledge

Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Yochlol's OA vs. At (he's got 10' reach)
    Geth, roll 1d6+2 Pseudopod Damage
    Geth, roll 6d6 Poison Damage

Yochlol's OA vs. At (he's got 10' reach):
    1d20+6 9 [1d20=3]
    Pseudopod Damage:
    1d6+2 5 [1d6=3]
    Poison Damage:
    6d6 27 [6d6=6, 4, 3, 5, 3, 6]

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular

6d6 Poison Damage
    !

!!!!!

• Options
    edited January 2018
    The blue skinned Imp shrieks at the sight of Dural's relic and leaps off the edge of the throne. He soars north and up as far and as fast as he possibly can, ignoring the curses of pain of cowardice lofted at him from his Mistress. One of the Drow warriors, from his (poorly) hidden position on a perch carved into the columns, levels his crossbow at the fleeing Imp. He too picks up his Mistresses cries of cowardice and lets loose! The bolt slams into Ra'Fiki's side and he does a little tumble in the air. He shakes his head, clearing it of its compulsion and hurls down insults on Dural's parentage in infernal.

His partner, similarly mounted on one of the southern columns, shimmies around to where he can draw a bead on his hated surface cousin and fires! Ay, rocking back and forth trying to work up enough momentum to get up on that ledge, proves to be a more difficult target than the Drow thought. The bolt cracks against the stone wall and splinters!

Map:
    LPVGUGL.png

Drow #1 shoots at Ra'Fiki as the Imp passes him by, hoping to damage the creature and shock him back to his senses. And probably hurt the little bastard too. Imps are jerks, and so are Drow.
    Drow #2 Moves to M11 and shoots at Ay (with Advantage for due to Ay's precarious position dangling from the ledge)
    Ra'Fiki flies 30' north and 30' up to get away from Dural's drinking mug....

Geth, roll 1d20+4 vs. Ra'Fiki
    Geth, roll 1d6+2 damage vs. Imp
    Geth, roll 2#1d20k1+4 vs. Ay
    Geth, roll 1d6+2 damage vs At & @am0n needs to make a DC13 Con save if he's hit, if he fails the save by 5 or more he is KO'd

Note: @Bursar Barran cannot occupy C6 unless he has decided to climb the columns like the Drow have. There is a nice groove 15' up that can serve as a stable place to "hang out". I have placed Barran in C5 instead.

Stats:
    Barran (C5) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/1, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2, Hidden,
    Lady Zarr (H14+20') - AC:16, HP:23/71, Spells:-/4/3/3/3/2, Fey Ancestry, Innate Spells
    Yochlol (H11) - AC:15, HP:125/136, Resist: B/P/S, Cold, Fire & Lightning except magic, Immune Poison, Magic Resistance, Spider Climb, Web Walker
    Salazar (D4) - AC:16, HP: 30+5/30, Spells:-/4/2, SP: 2, HD:0/4, BARKSKINNED, H.Pots: 2, Scrolls: Acid Arrow
    Ay (G13+15') - AC:16, HP: 29+5/31, Ki: 4/4, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2
    Drow 2 (M11+15') - AC:15, HP:13, Fey Ancestry, Innate Spells, Half-Cover
    Ra'Fiki (A13+30') - AC:13, HP:7, Resist: B/P/S,Cold except Silver & Magic, Immune to Fire & Poison

vs. Ra'Fiki:
    1d20+4 21 [1d20=17]
    damage vs. Imp:
    1d6+2 6 [1d6=4]
    vs. Ay:
    2#1d20k1+4 2 # 10 [1d20k1=[6]] 8 [1d20k1=[4]]
    needs to make a DC13 Con save if he's hit, if he fails the save by 5 or more he is KO'd:
    1d6+2 7 [1d6=5]

Steelhawk on
  • Options

6d6 Poison Damage
    !

!!!!!

Yeah, I did the same thing. If he hit me, I'd be D. E. D., dead. Sorry I wasn't able to get up there to hit the drow. We need this Ouchlawl gone before it eats us.

• Options
    You see, Ay has been trying to swing left and right to get some momentum to swing up to the ledge on his next turn. Makes hitting him with a bolt more challenging!

• Options
    @Bursar is up! Followed by Lady Zarr and her Pet.

• Options
    @Steelhawk I think @evilthecat said Zarr was at 23 HP?

• Options
    Barran's eyes flicked up at the silken *twang* in the shadows before a crossbow bolt picked the fleeing Imp out of the air. He sees a Drow warrior not making any obvious effort to hide himself, but still higher than most people tend to look in combat situations. He draws his own bow and takes aim at the Drow before the dark elf can turn his focus back to the fight with the surface-dwellers.

[color]Let's see how this attack goes before moving around.

Attack: Crossbow shot at Drow 1 (poison ammo: 8)

Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Crossbow Attack at Drow1
    Geth, roll 3d6+4 for Piercing Damage
    [/color]

Crossbow Attack at Drow1:
    1d20+6 17 [1d20=11]
    Piercing Damage:
    3d6+4 16 [3d6=4, 2, 6]

GNU Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    The shot takes the clinging Drow completely by surprise, and his body thuds to the floor. Barran presses forward, grimly reloading his crossbow with another poisoned bolt, and attempts to duck behind the same pillar the Drow had been clinging to. If I live through this, maybe I will have a reputation as a Drow-killer, he thinks.

17 still beats the drow's half-cover! Nice.

Action: Attack (see previous post) (poison ammo: 8)
    Move: 25 ft to C9
    Bonus: Hide (Cunning Action)

Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Stealth

Stealth:
    1d20+6 23 [1d20=17]

GNU Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    With how serious that damage range is on the fiend, if you can, I'd probably suggest if at all possible, try and consider ending turns next to myself or Philo so we can inflict disadvantage.

Unless there's an aoe attack available from either the fiend or Zarr, in which case welp.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Heh, forgot I'd have advantage for attacking from hiding, which was the reason behind the sneak attack. Oh, well.

@Steelhawk for Zarr and the Yochlol!

Barran (C9) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/1, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2, Hidden(?)
    Lady Zarr (H14+20') - AC:16, HP:44 or 23/71, Spells:-/4/3/3/3/2, Fey Ancestry, Innate Spells
    Salazar (D4) - AC:16, HP: 30+5/30, Spells:-/4/2, SP: 2, HD:0/4, BARKSKINNED, H.Pots: 2, Scrolls: Acid Arrow
    A3 (G13+15') - AC:16, HP: 29+5/31, Ki: 4/4, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2
    Drow 1 (C10) - DEAD
    Ra'Fiki (A13+30') - AC:13, HP:7, Resist: B/P/S,Cold except Silver & Magic, Immune to Fire & Poison

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Zarr snarls, cursing and spitting, obviously taken by surprise at the ferocity of your initial assault. Her skin crisp and oozing blood and pus, every move aching.

With severe disappointment she chooses self preservation versus inflicting as much harm as possible and casts a curative spell on herself. Instantly her flesh heals by the blessing of Lolth.

Her demon below, tendrils still waving to and fro, fixes it's sole eye upon Philo. Philo feels the gaze bury itself deep in his mind. And his only desire right now is to destroy the Tiefling known as Salazar...

Am0n was correct. Zarr's HP is at 23. I don't know where I got 44 from. Zarr starts this turn at 23hp

Lady Zarr stays put and casts Cure Wounds on herself @ Level 4
    Yochlol casts Dominate Person on Philo, @Mongrel Idiot please make a DC14 WIS Save. If you fail, Philo is compelled to do his level best to kill Salazar on his turn.

Geth, roll 4d8+3 for Cure Wounds

Stats:
    Barran (C9) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/1, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2, Hidden(?)
    Lady Zarr (H14+20') - AC:16, HP:50/71, Spells:-/4/3/3/2/2, Fey Ancestry, Innate Spells
    A3 (G13+15') - AC:16, HP: 29+5/31, Ki: 4/4, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2
    Drow 1 (C10) - DEAD

Cure Wounds:
    4d8+3 27 [4d8=8, 2, 7, 7]

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    @Aegis is up! @Mongrel Idiot for that save and then his turn is on deck.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    For a moment Philo's vision goes red, and every barbed word, every rolled eye, every tilt of the horn that he didn't understand but that was clearly mocking - every moment he'd known Salazar swam across his mind. There was the real enemy, the wolf in their midst, the sniveling, cowardly, greedy...

One of your own, comes a gruff voice that might be his first sergeant and might be his old captain and is really all of them, blurred together into one martial memory. Coward or not, greedy or not, one of your own. And he just burned that elf's face half off; can't be all bad. Stiffen your spine, soldier. There's a fight on.

Philo shakes his head: the red is gone, and he's gazing into the terrible eye of the demon. He grins. "Nice try," he says, and lunges...

Come ooooon, come ooooooooon....

Edit: YEEEEEAH! *shreds on air guitar*

Geth, roll 1d20 for Resist the demon!

Resist the demon!:
    1d20 20 [1d20=20]

Mongrel Idiot on
  • Options
    Good news, everyone. Philo's inability to hit enemies has manifested itself in his lack of desire to hit Salazar.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    @Aegis Remember that you'll have advantage if you attack the Yochlol, since I used Distracting Strike on my last turn.

Mongrel Idiot on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Yea but like...do I want to try and hit the Yochlol? That's 125 hp to chew through.

On the other hand...two of the other three enemies are currently floating in the air.

Characters
  • Options
    That is a very good point. Can you try to turn a second time? Or hit Zarr with... something? I don't know clerics all that well.

• Options
    Just as a friendly reminder, Zarr is going to outheal us unless we take her out now.
    Those poison bolts might ko her!

• Options
    I could throw a handaxe at her!
    Which, if it hit, would be eligible for Distracting Strike. Might actually be worthwhile, come to think of it.

• Options
    Mongrel, which of us deals more damage to the demon?

I was thinking one of us hits the demon, the other stands next to Amon and uses their action to Help him so he gains advantage on his next Ability roll, while also covering him with Fighting Style Protection.

Characters
  • Options
    Wait, he's still going to provoke an OA if the Yochlol stays where it currently is.

I know what I have to do now.

Characters
  • Options
    Dodge tanking might also be an option?