As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Crimson Days: Take Another Little Piece of my Heart Emote, Baybeh

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    It really feels like the game is being maintained by a skeleton crew, and that changes and updates aren’t being reviewed very throughly

A lot of this feels like one person was given a problem, told to come up with a solution, and that solution doesn’t get a second set of eyes/gut check. It would certainly explain some of the unforced errors they’ve made lately, and why the spokes people seem to always be caught flat footed.

• Options
    LuarithaeLuarithae Registered User regular
    Saturday morning cartoons has two spots for raid https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/1115061

They are dead...you..are..not...
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Speaking of Raids I've got my usual run Tonight (in about 3 and a half hours). Lair then Leviathan

@juicebox989 and @Chanus are you guys able to make it tonight?

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Luarithae wrote: »
    Saturday morning cartoons has two spots for raid https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/1115061

Saturday Morning Cartoons is awesome and we welcome everyone of all levels of skill. They even took me in! PAers should definitely sign up!

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    It really feels like the game is being maintained by a skeleton crew, and that changes and updates aren’t being reviewed very throughly

A lot of this feels like one person was given a problem, told to come up with a solution, and that solution doesn’t get a second set of eyes/gut check. It would certainly explain some of the unforced errors they’ve made lately, and why the spokes people seem to always be caught flat footed.

The rest of the team are already hard at work with Destiny 3.

Now with even less features!

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular

I agree with this. The question is why. Why does it feel this way? (I don't mean what is making us feel this way - I mean: what's Bungie's play?) When D1 was short on content and Bungie seemed flat-footed, we always chalked it up to the fact that they had already moved on to Destiny 2, the game that would be what Destiny 1 should have been. What was promised. (Maybe we thought they were hard at work on huge DLC for a while. I don't remember.) In any event, eventually, we pointed to Destiny 2. I haven't heard anything about a Destiny 3, and I don't think we can rely on the same narrative of, "Oh, tons of behind-the-scenes issues led to the problems with this one, and the studio is really putting all of their eggs in the next one's basket" for a second time. I've been staying away from the super salty DTG subreddit and Twitter - I know an expansion is coming, but do we have any idea beyond that?

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Real talk, they are probably busy with The Taken Queen or whatever the bigger DLC ends up being called. (Or is that what the Live Team is working on?)

Just doesnt help that much if their game dies in the mean time.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    chemicalkbchemicalkb West Coast, USARegistered User regular
    Since we're on the discussion of raids. Any Xbox players want to give some input as to when a good raid time would be?
    We have 90+ in the clan but we can't get more than three people to join up. I've been eager to setup a regular time and I think @cB557 is too!

• Options
    LuarithaeLuarithae Registered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »

Saturday Morning Cartoons is awesome and we welcome everyone of all levels of skill. They even took me in! PAers should definitely sign up!
    You are integral part of Saturday morning man!

They are dead...you..are..not...
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    chemicalkb wrote: »
    Since we're on the discussion of raids. Any Xbox players want to give some input as to when a good raid time would be?
    We have 90+ in the clan but we can't get more than three people to join up. I've been eager to setup a regular time and I think @cB557 is too!

My best impression was Saturday at 4pm for Xbone but I'm not really interested in raiding.

Use a WhenIsGood to figure it out, that's what I did.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Raids I've got my usual run Tonight (in about 3 and a half hours). Lair then Leviathan

@juicebox989 and @Chanus are you guys able to make it tonight?

@Muffinatron i should be good though i am a firm maybe right now. i’ll let you know closer to time

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

Existing raid groups are eating up most of the willing-and-able raiders Xbox side. Hell, NATBurn is sitting at 8 regular members and 2 on-call.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

Your best bet would be to determine which nights you are wanting to set up a regular run. Then post here and on the bungie app clan chat to get a run going.

You should be able to get at least 5 other players.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »

You are integral part of Saturday morning man!

easily top six any given week

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Any PC raids happening this weekend? Finally got my shotgun quest, so I'm gonna try to get it started this week. Would rather raid with clan people than random pugs.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Oh btw to PC players, us console folks have groups on The100.io (in PS4 and Xbone flavors), it's basically a scheduling tool for setting up games with your clan mates. Can come in handy if you want to put together a Raid group or something. Might be a good idea to set up a group for the PC clan too

EDIT: nevermind, you have one already :P

awsimo on
  • Options
    there’s a pc group

https://www.the100.io/groups/4878

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Real talk, they are probably busy with The Taken Queen or whatever the bigger DLC ends up being called. (Or is that what the Live Team is working on?)

I'd read a workplace review that was supposedly done up by an employee of Bungie that left last year.

Huge grain of salt, but the description of the work place was basically a large group of very talented and dedicated people being managed by a bloated mass of middle management who spend more time patting each other on the back than they do effectively managing their teams.

The details of it made it sound like it was run in a fashion similar to your average DMV or other gov't office and that red tape checklists were more important than workflow prioritization.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
  • Options
    Just FYI, Gunsmith is dropping at 330 again as is Sloane (vendor on Titan).

• Options
    it’s funny i’ve gotten to the point where sure 330 vendor drops are nice but really i’m just hoping for masterwork weapons to break down more than anything

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    You crossposting that video really confused me for a moment

Muffin, I chuckled at you clarifying who Sloane is

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Muffin, I chuckled at you clarifying who Sloane is

Of all the location vendors, she is by far the most forget-able.

Also, does anyone else think it was really predictable that the Titan vanguard had to end up on fucking Titan.
    Chanus wrote: »
    it’s funny i’ve gotten to the point where sure 330 vendor drops are nice but really i’m just hoping for masterwork weapons to break down more than anything

For the most part, yeah. I'm now only a 330 Shotgun away from having all my Guns at 330 base.

I also picked up an interesting Season 2 Omolon Sidearm (3 round burst) with High Caliber Rounds. 'Eulogy SI4' which I thought I'd give a go before I dismantle it for those sweet masterwork cores.

• Options
    The line in that video at around 1:56 where he states "it felt good to save up credits earned by just playing the game to make your guy look cool"... I think that's a hugely relevant point with D2 and with a lot of other games.

Games should reward time invested with progress. Progress influenced by personalized decisions and customization options... that's how you get players invested in their characters and, by proxy, in your game.

...You should not be rewarded with more slot machine spins for generic trash...

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    The whole “sometimes vendors have gear at max power” mechanic is just another thing that’s really stupid.

You’ve already had to get to max power for it to even happen, just cap them at 5 power below or let them always be at parity with your PL like they are for the rest of the game.

It’s just needless that they can be variable.

• Options
    Bungie Design Lead Cayde-6:

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    @Dyvim Tvar I'm home, should be ready to play shortly

• Options
    Anybody else miss machine guns?

I miss machine guns!

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Very very much.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I need to do the lair again. Once wasn't enough, and I had to go before we could clear it.

• Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    Chris Barrett
    1/11/2018: "We used to wait to talk about game updates until we were certain we could meet our deadlines to avoid letting players down if we changed our plans. No longer." <insert giant post of upcoming changes>
    <insert first content drop of faction rallies that completely fucks up the already fucked up system even more>
    1/18/2018: "Our new goals for weapon rewards in Faction Rallies should have been broadcast before it returned. I think we could have avoided lots of confusion for players. The Development update was our priority. Going forward we’ll strive to communicate any changes to rewards or experiences before they go live."

I can't make this stuff up. It's like I'm in a timeloop, because I'm pretty sure I said "I can't make this stuff up" when they humiliated DeeJ on the livestream.
    DeeJ sent out to hype Heroic Strike rewards and then giving him two tokens and a blue. I thought it was just Bungie being incompetent and him getting RNG fucked, but I just learned that the strike was pre-recorded. That's intentional sabotage. I can't believe he didn't rage-quit on the spot, and I can't believe coworkers can do that to each other.

• Options
    Trojan35 wrote: »
    Chris Barrett
    1/11/2018: "We used to wait to talk about game updates until we were certain we could meet our deadlines to avoid letting players down if we changed our plans. No longer." <insert giant post of upcoming changes>
    <insert first content drop of faction rallies that completely fucks up the already fucked up system even more>
    1/18/2018: "Our new goals for weapon rewards in Faction Rallies should have been broadcast before it returned. I think we could have avoided lots of confusion for players. The Development update was our priority. Going forward we’ll strive to communicate any changes to rewards or experiences before they go live."

I can't make this stuff up. It's like I'm in a timeloop, because I'm pretty sure I said "I can't make this stuff up" when they humiliated DeeJ on the livestream.
    DeeJ sent out to hype Heroic Strike rewards and then giving him two tokens and a blue. I thought it was just Bungie being incompetent and him getting RNG fucked, but I just learned that the strike was pre-recorded. That's intentional sabotage. I can't believe he didn't rage-quit on the spot, and I can't believe coworkers can do that to each other.

Are you suggesting that Bungie and the development of two AAA games and a ten year activision contract are just some Truman Show-esque attempt at trolling Deej?

...cuz that seems possible at this point.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

I think, yeah, they've got a lot of people invested in that. But they've also likely got a ton of people invested in all the changes they've been talking about in response to the massive amount of complaints and bad press the game has received.

Some stuff, like say MW, I think was clearly already being worked on and ready to roll out but I'm betting a lot of other changes we've been told are coming are being thrown together on the fly right now and getting rolled out as fast as they can. And this has to be done without impacting the shit they already had in development for the upcoming expansions they are almost certainly working on.

So basically you've got the people who were supposed to be doing maintenance work and general updates for the live game along with anyone they can spare from future content development scrambling to overhaul game systems to respond to feedback in ways that were never budgeted for (time, personnel or money wise). Then you just smear a beautiful creamy layer of "Bungie has possibly the worst PR department in the games industry" and you get what we are seeing.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    The Lost Sector thing is getting kind of hilarious though because it's super clear that the issue is an intersection of how instancing works in the game and the specific map layout of certain lost sectors, neither of which are really an easy fix or possibly something you even want to fix. Design-wise it's a clusterfuck that's really difficult to deal with.

But they just, like, can't let it go. They could just let it happen. Just walk away and live with it. But they can't.

shryke on
  • Options
    Look... if you want to remain not-mad... or if you're already mad and you don't want to get madder... don't read this week's TW@B. I ain't even gonna link it.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Cancel the DLC, turn on Mayhem, turn on IB, take away the Lost Sector lockout, activate 6v6, leave Faction Rally on, and abandon ship for Destiny 3.

It's the only way to win, Bungie.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

I think, yeah, they've got a lot of people invested in that. But they've also likely got a ton of people invested in all the changes they've been talking about in response to the massive amount of complaints and bad press the game has received.

Some stuff, like say MW, I think was clearly already being worked on and ready to roll out but I'm betting a lot of other changes we've been told are coming are being thrown together on the fly right now and getting rolled out as fast as they can. And this has to be done without impacting the shit they already had in development for the upcoming expansions they are almost certainly working on.

So basically you've got the people who were supposed to be doing maintenance work and general updates for the live game along with anyone they can spare from future content development scrambling to overhaul game systems to respond to feedback in ways that were never budgeted for (time, personnel or money wise). Then you just smear a beautiful creamy layer of "Bungie has possibly the worst PR department in the games industry" and you get what we are seeing.

In addition, I think part of what we're seeing is just that Destiny is a huge software project, and making big changes to huge projects is just hard, even when you've actually budgeted the time for it.

People on Reddit are acting like increasing inventory space would just be changing a number. It's probably actually a change that would affect half a dozen other areas of the software and need a bunch of non-trivial QA. And if an issue slips through, people will rage about weapons vanishing from the sixth page of the vault or whatever.

• Options
    tl:dr: we’re listening, so excited to show you, coming later this year?

I haven’t read the update yet how close am I?

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Now you've just made me more curious...

Spot on.

Other than that its just the same PR gibberish devoid of any solid information.

Sirialis on
  • Options

WOW, I'm impressed... that's actually a really good guess.

It's more non-speak for we're working on stuff and D2 will be playable sometime this year.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6