As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Veni, Vidi, Amavi: [Snugglehug] Thread (Nsf56k)

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    (Splash)
    "Surprise inspection! Stand by your beds!"
    (Splash)

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    A bit informal for a penguin inspection. This is how the Brittish-Norwegian penguins do it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeXP_Btb2yQ

Backstory: The first king penguin in the Edinburough Zoo was donated by Norway at its opening in 1913. When the Norwegian Kings guard visited Edinburough in 1961 (for the military tattoo) a Lieutenant in the regiment (Nils Egellen) became interested in the penguins, and he arranged for the regiment to adopt one of the penguins as their mascot when the regiment visited Edinburough again. It was given the name Nils Olav in honor of the norwegian king and the lieutenant, and given the rank of Lance Corporal (the lowest NCO rank at the time). Every time the regiment visits Edinburough there is a ceremony and the penguin is promoted one step up (successors retain the rank given to the previous penguin. As you might guess from his name Nils Olav III is the third penguin to serve as the regiment mascot). The current rank is Brigadier General.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    scritchers get stitches

It gotta rhyme. Like "Scritches means stitches" or something.

But they do rhyme.

(When spoken with a non-rhotic accent, such as the one I speak with.)

broken image link
  • Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    A bit informal for a penguin inspection. This is how the Brittish-Norwegian penguins do it.

Backstory: The first king penguin in the Edinburough Zoo was donated by Norway at its opening in 1913. When the Norwegian Kings guard visited Edinburough in 1961 (for the military tattoo) a Lieutenant in the regiment (Nils Egellen) became interested in the penguins, and he arranged for the regiment to adopt one of the penguins as their mascot when the regiment visited Edinburough again. It was given the name Nils Olav in honor of the norwegian king and the lieutenant, and given the rank of Lance Corporal (the lowest NCO rank at the time). Every time the regiment visits Edinburough there is a ceremony and the penguin is promoted one step up (successors retain the rank given to the previous penguin. As you might guess from his name Nils Olav III is the third penguin to serve as the regiment mascot). The current rank is Brigadier General.

I remember an old forum I used to go to had a user whose profile image was this scene but from a different angle. I always thought it was just a good photoshop. Now I know better.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Pallas' cats are other very cute wild kitties!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RWlt8tFhbk

this is still one of my favorite vids ever

(no idea how to embed this, i r dumb)

nddvl1jaotp1.gif

chamberlain on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

I look forward to a couple of years from now when they run out of military ranks to keep promoting the penguin to and it become God-Emperor.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    They'll probably start having medal ceremonies.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular

I look forward to a couple of years from now when they run out of military ranks to keep promoting the penguin to and it become God-Emperor.

I look forward to the Planetary Geologist's book, "How Arrakis became an ice planet, a retrospective"

• Options

Well. One year they didn't give the penguin a higher rank. They knighted it.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    august wrote: »

Gotta groom your Raticate after battlin'

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    august wrote: »

Round animals? Gotta remember to follow this.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Xehalus on
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Ever since I got a camera it has been a non-stop parade of stoop kitties. This is the best video we've gotten yet I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmPWpEy3hJo

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Ever since I got a camera it has been a non-stop parade of stoop kitties. This is the best video we've gotten yet I think.

<snip>

Is this a scent thing? Rub themselves all over your stoop for your kitties to smell?

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Jesus, it's a rhino! Get in the car!

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

I think I figured out why these are always solid gold. It's the anticipation. Cats very visibly and meticulously prep for those jumps, so there's this fantastic build-up of them lining up their shot, as it were, back and forth, slowly tensing up. And then in a split-second just completely wipe out. It has all the elements of great physical comedy and goddamn perfect comedic timing

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
  • Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    that vid would be so much better if it had sound

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

I think I figured out why these are always solid gold. It's the anticipation. Cats very visibly and meticulously prep for those jumps, so there's this fantastic build-up of them lining up their shot, as it were, back and forth, slowly tensing up. And then in a split-second just completely wipe out. It has all the elements of great physical comedy and goddamn perfect comedic timing

Animals beefing up jumps will never not be funny to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkHbC1RSjv8

• Options
    doomybear wrote: »
    that vid would be so much better if it had sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvgD9nfxKsc

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    SAIL

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Recorded this the other day, as I was leaving my neighborhood to do some shopping.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

Karoz on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »

You don't know me.
    You don't know what I need.
    Don't try to tell me I didn't need this video.

• Options
    Hang on, that bowl says "Dogs", that's an imposter!

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Hang on, that bowl says "Dogs", that's an imposter!

They're good sea dogs, Emerlmoster999.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    What even are birds

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    we do not deserve werner herzog

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    we do not deserve werner herzog

A urine mirage in a desert of fear.

This discussion has been closed.