As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Welcome to Jimmy [Chat]'s Roadhouse!

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    An 1800 calorie steak
    Neco wrote: »
    My problem with monster hunter is the monster hunting I don’t wanna kill the little babies! :(

But making children orphans is cruel Neco

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    What in the fucking hell is this noise about needing to know your AGI to get your taxes filed?

Part of the recently passed clearly vetted and planned tax thing.

I don't think this is a new thing

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    What in the fucking hell is this noise about needing to know your AGI to get your taxes filed?

Now I have to contact my ex-wife who did all the returns last year because I don't know my car loan account number, when I call them they refuse to give it to me, and I've never been able to log in online to snag it.

Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

You can call the IRS too btw. While they are still open.

How do you get your AGI from last year?
    To retrieve your original AGI from your previous year's tax return you may do one of the following:
    1. Contact the IRS toll free at 1-800-829-1040.
    2. Complete Form 4506-T Transcript of Electronic Filing at no cost.
    3. Complete Form 4506 Copy of Income tax Return

u7stthr17eud.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Crabcakes for some reason
    My current music obesssion is Genghis Khan.
    The video for it is a excellent choreographed production

Bless your heart.
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Caesar salad with extra anchovies (your server's pick!)
    If the government shuts down will I get my refund

I ask the important questions

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

Yeah, the first Google result is the Investopedia entry for it, "It is the starting point for calculating your tax bill."

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Obligatory rack of ribs
    My problem with monster hunter is the monster hunting I don’t wanna kill the little babies! :(
    Spoiler: Emotional ambush. May give you feels -

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    if the government shuts down you can't be pulled over for speeding

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    An 1800 calorie steak
    I'm sorry but you need their bones and skins.

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a

Yeah, the first Google result is literally "It is the starting point for calculating your tax bill."

I think JRX is talking about last year's AGI (although he didn't really specify)

but it's used as a sort of password for verifying your identity when you efile

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

When it reopens for business though you were probably a simple return which I think is automated.

Something like 90% of the IRS go on furlough.

u7stthr17eud.png
    An 1800 calorie steak
    Mazzyx wrote: »

When it reopens for business though you were probably a simple return which I think is automated.

Vacation during tax time. Yeah.

• Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    if the government shuts down, it essentially becomes Purge Night 24/7

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Obligatory rack of ribs

Now I have to contact my ex-wife who did all the returns last year because I don't know my car loan account number, when I call them they refuse to give it to me, and I've never been able to log in online to snag it.

Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

You can call the IRS too btw. While they are still open.

How do you get your AGI from last year?
    To retrieve your original AGI from your previous year's tax return you may do one of the following:
    1. Contact the IRS toll free at 1-800-829-1040.
    2. Complete Form 4506-T Transcript of Electronic Filing at no cost.
    3. Complete Form 4506 Copy of Income tax Return

I already texted my ex.

The IRS wants an auto loan number that my company will not give out.

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Tide pods look like they taste good tho

They fucking look like candy don't judge me

I actually don't rate Tide Pods very highly on the list of forbidden snacks and am not sure why they have such traction.

Colorful D&D dice and translucent, two-colored, rough-textured bouncy balls are much more appealing

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Obligatory rack of ribs
    a

Yeah, the first Google result is literally "It is the starting point for calculating your tax bill."

I think JRX is talking about last year's AGI (although he didn't really specify)

Yeah, I need 2016's AGI.

Mine, even though I filed Joint Married, so I don't even fucking know at this point.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    A hamburger served on a hubcap
    i don't get the tide pod meme

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I love the podcast for My Brother, My Brother, and Me. It is a fantastic and hilarious and zany but compassionate and also raunchy podcast on advice. They reference the Facebook fan group in early episodes. So I was like yay this should be super fun to join.

The pinned first post is

spoiler if you don't want to read any of this
    My Brother, My Brother and Me Appreciation Group Rules – updated 1/18

REMEMBER ALWAYS: IMPACT IS GREATER THAN INTENT
    We require members of this private Facebook group to adhere to these conduct rules.
    Members who violate any of these rules of conduct can be removed/banned from the group.
    The modmin team may remove any member from the group for any reason – maintaining a safe space is top priority.
    1. No bummers.
    2. It is critical that we maintain a safe space for our members. If your behavior - either in this group or in other spaces - is found to be hurtful, dangerous, or otherwise problematic, you could be removed from this group.
    3. Add trigger warnings/ content warnings (TW/ CW) with content breaks for posts when necessary and oblige when asked. It is acceptable to ask a clarifying question, but nobody is required to justify their triggers to anyone else.
    4. Mocking of members in any form (direct references, screenshots) in this group or any MBMBaM adjacent platform will render the offending member subject to removal and banning.
    5. If someone lets you know that you have said something that is harmful, or if you make a mistake or miscommunication, just own it and apologize. Never speak over someone who is directly impacted by an issue. And though you might not have intended to come across the way it was interpreted, remember that intention does not negate impact – put on your grown-up pants and acknowledge that you are not perfect.
    6. We ask that you do not delete your posts or comments unless instructed by a mod. Deleting the thread can erase a lot of emotional labor that was contributed to the conversation, and other folks might stand to benefit from reading it, too.
    7. Use of McElroy Intellectual Property (“IP”) for profit is strictly prohibited. This also includes attempting to resell live-show tickets for anything greater than face value.
    8. No self promotions and charity posts of any kind will be posted unless referenced in the podcast (i.e. MBMBaM Angels), no matter how compelling or deserving the cause.

Some additional commentary on statements made in these Group Rules or in the Posting Guidelines document (in Group Files).

[1] Glass Shark

The voice that Justin uses for the goof can be/has been interpreted as imitating or making fun of a dialect or patois. When these post go up, even if they do not mimic this style, the comments are flooded with many imitations of how Justin originally said the goof. This is offensive to some, and since we cannot control how people comment, we feel this is the most responsible way to address the issue.
    Although Justin has made it clear that he was not intentionally imitating a person of color (just doing a silly southern voice) his intent is meaningless when the impact creates hurt with the repetition of the goof.
    [2] Fidget Spinners

Fidget spinners and similar objects are useful tools for neurodivergent people. The fact that they are currently trendy and are marketed as “toys” by the general public for neurotypical folks is not acceptable and will not be processed as such in the group.

[3] Bean Diet and Similar Posts or Comments Regarding Weight Loss

We have agreed to not put forward submissions regarding the bean diet and are heavily opposed to commentary based on his weight loss journey, because these topics tend to initiate fatphobic dialogue. Yes, Justin has been very open about his Beany Weight Loss Journey, and yes, he has visibly lost weight because of it. Here's the thing though:
    • Responding to pictures of him by gushing over how much weight he's lost, or how cute he is *now*, or how he looks SO GREAT AND SKINNY is all fat-shaming to various degrees. The secondary message of comments like those is that he *did not* look great when he was heavier, that he is *cuter* now that he's skinnier, that it is empirically better to weigh less, that fat cannot equal cute and sexy, etc.
    • It is not a solution to say, "I'll just compliment him on looking *healthier* instead of *skinnier*" That equates healthiness with skinniness, which comes with its own set of problems, not least of which is that it is incredibly harmful with those suffering from eating disorders.
    These comments do not reach him because he's not in this group to see it. If you want to tell *Justin* he looks great, Twitter is the most direct way.

Certain episodes of the show cannot be discussed on the FAN PAGE FOR THE SHOW. You cannot reference the fact that one of the brother's lost a lot of weight and you cannot comment on it at all. You cannot mention fidget spinners. This is just the main fan page.

There are also two LGBTQ+ fan group subpages which are secret and you must secretly apply to them on a separate website. One of them has an equally long form and a contract.

It is very funny to me that the fandom is like, completely and totally the reverse of the podcast and the theme of the podcast itself. I don't think the brothers even look at the facebook page anymore since their podcast empire has gotten so big.

I'm trying to compare it to like the forum rules we have here and I can't tell if I am being unreasonable or like is this some nanny state facebook insanity?

Example of LGBT group
    Refrain from using abusive, offensive, or derogatory language unless it's in the context of reclaiming language for yourself. This includes language that may be: homophobic, transphobic, acephobic, arophobic, biphobic, misogynist, racist, ableist, fatphobic, sizeist, classist, ageist, or religiously intolerant
    Don't give advice unless someone explicitly requests it

Don't share screenshots from this group or names of members unless that person gives explicit permission to do so.

Don't minimize or judge someone's concerns or feelings (example: don't say someone's concerns or feelings are minimal, silly, "nothing to worry about," etc.)

Include content notes, content warnings, or trigger warnings in your posts or comments where appropriate. If an image contains triggering content or text, hide it in the comments. Add a CN/CW/TW to your post if someone requests it. For example, on a post where somebody discusses a homophobic incident, at the top of the post write [cw: homophobia] and create line breaks before the content like this:
    [15 breaks safely hide any potentially triggering content behind the cut on most devices]

Engage in good faith and assume good faith in group dialogue

Do not compare or scale traumas; no one's trauma or difficult life experience is more or less significant than any other person's

This is a group for LGBTQIA+/queer folks. Do not invite any cishet friends or allies to join

If posting screenshots from outside the group, obscure other people's names and profile pics before posting

Do not delete posts once people have commented on them. If you would like a post deleted, contact an admin and we will discuss removing it

If someone makes a “safe post”, it means that they are only seeking comments from people in that group. Only people from a group can make a safe post for that group. For example, a safe post for trans people means that only trans people can comment, and a cis person can’t make a safe post for trans people.
    When making a safe post, please tag it “safe post” at the top.

Respect other group members’ identities and experiences. This includes respecting people’s experiences of marginalization, and not demanding emotional labor. If you are uncertain about why something you said or did might be harmful, please contact a mod.

Acting in bigoted, threatening, or otherwise harmful ways outside the group that could put group members at risk may result in a ban.

Include image descriptions with any images, gifs, link previews, or videos you post. Image descriptions simply & clearly describe images so that everyone can enjoy all your glossy jpegs. If for any reason you can't write an image description, you're welcome to ask for help, either by requesting it in the post or tagging or messaging a mod.

Am I an old now or is this a bit excessive?

*lies face down on the floor and goes limp*

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    They need to release actual candy Tide pods. Make it confusing.

Obligatory rack of ribs
    Krathoon wrote: »

Tide Pod-themed Gushers.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I wanted to snap open mercury thermometers and drink the mercury like they were pixie sticks.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »

People are really

really

really dumb and will do things for attention.

nibXTE7.png
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    social justice gone mad, etc.

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    Obligatory rack of ribs
    Bitcoin went from near 20k to a little over 11k in a few days.

Loooooool

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

I support this idea, even though I can see everything wrong with it.

sig.gif
    i have always wanted to eat a tide pod though
    so shiny and bright

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Is Dan just lying so well about his abilities that people hire him without actually googling him?

Obligatory rack of ribs
    zepherin wrote: »

Vacation during tax time. Yeah.

Tax Time really ain't until March when corporations and people with extremely complex taxes start filing, and normal people wait until the last minute for reasons...

edited January 2018

Do you not understand tide pods or do you not understand forbidden snacks in general?

Like, have you never put colorful dice in your mouth or licked fancy soap because it was iridescent and smelled nice (or at least wanted to do these things?)

credeiki on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Is Dan just lying so well about his abilities that people hire him without actually googling him?

Have you ever been to a corporate comedy show? Dan is exactly what they’re looking for.

credeiki wrote: »

Do you not understand tide pods or do you not understand forbidden snacks in general?

Like, have you never put colorful dice in your mouth or licked soap because it was iridescent and smelled nice (or at least wanted to do these things?)
    lets go to bath and bodyworks and taste all the bottles

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Bitcoin went from near 20k to a little over 11k in a few days.

Loooooool

But the blockchain

An 1800 calorie steak
    a

Yeah, I need 2016's AGI.

Mine, even though I filed Joint Married, so I don't even fucking know at this point.
    Did you efile with turbotax or tax act?

They keep an online copy of that stuff. I can look at all of my previous AGI's through turbotax's website.

credeiki wrote: »

Like, have you never put colorful dice in your mouth or licked soap because it was iridescent and smelled nice (or at least wanted to do these things?)
    lets go to bath and bodyworks and taste all the bottles

man they always end up tasting like soap though, no matter how colorful they are and how nice they smell
    it's so disappointing....

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    money is antibacterial, the free market decided

The singles I occasionally see covered in a mix of body glitter and mottled patterns of discoloration beg to differ.

those are Ke$ha dollars and worth triple face value.

It's just Kesha now Ludious

I ate an engineer
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Amazon making cities fight for their second HQ is sad because they’re just going to build it in Boston. Every knows it. Despite Boston’s offer basically being: “fuck off”.

They’re making other cities beg because it feels good I guess.

@Donkey Kong

Adorable. You can come to Austin and visit it though! There will be a special plaque on display that explains how state taxation impacts business decisions.

This discussion has been closed.