As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Welcome to Jimmy [Chat]'s Roadhouse!

1929394959698»

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Caesar salad with extra anchovies (your server's pick!)
    I spent all my bitcoins on tide pods but I’m still hungry :(

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Crabcakes for some reason
    credeiki wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    i don't get the tide pod meme

Do you not understand tide pods or do you not understand forbidden snacks in general?

Like, have you never put colorful dice in your mouth or licked soap because it was iridescent and smelled nice (or at least wanted to do these things?)
    lets go to bath and bodyworks and taste all the bottles

man they always end up tasting like soap though, no matter how colorful they are and how nice they smell
    it's so disappointing....
    I know. OMG LETS MAKE EDIBLE SOAPS.
    *several thousand lawsuits later*
    WE SHOULDNT HAVE DONE THIS

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Obligatory rack of ribs
    zepherin wrote: »
    a
    Preacher wrote: »
    What in the fucking hell is this noise about needing to know your AGI to get your taxes filed?

Part of the recently passed clearly vetted and planned tax thing.

I don't think this is a new thing

Yeah, the first Google result is literally "It is the starting point for calculating your tax bill."

I think JRX is talking about last year's AGI (although he didn't really specify)

but it's used as a sort of password for verifying your identity when you efile

Yeah, I need 2016's AGI.

Mine, even though I filed Joint Married, so I don't even fucking know at this point.
    Did you efile with turbotax or tax act?

They keep an online copy of that stuff. I can look at all of my previous AGI's through turbotax's website.

My ex wife filed somehow, I think through HR Block.

She probably still has the packet they give you when taxes get done, we usually kept those for a few years, so hopefully she can get that info to me before the 26th.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    If the government shuts down will I get my refund

When it reopens for business though you were probably a simple return which I think is automated.

Something like 90% of the IRS go on furlough.
    Vacation during tax time. Yeah.

Tax Time really ain't until March when corporations and people with extremely complex taxes start filing, and normal people wait until the last minute for reasons...

We file rather late mostly because we end up having to nag the daycare for tax information and they take a while. It is a HUGE deduction so we can't skip.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

Austin at 7/2 seems insane to me given Amazon's stated wishlist (existent transit, big airport, etc). Boston feels unlikely unless their government has more of a hard-on for dumb tax subsidies than I'm aware of.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    An 1800 calorie steak

Do you not understand tide pods or do you not understand forbidden snacks in general?

Like, have you never put colorful dice in your mouth or licked soap because it was iridescent and smelled nice (or at least wanted to do these things?)

I can't say I have this problem. I mean I have an oral fixation so I chew on coffee stirrers, but I generally feel no wish to eat things I know aren't food.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I spent all my bitcoins on tide pods but I’m still hungry :(

Investing is tough :/

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    those rules seem excessive but really the type of people who run in those parts of the internet love that sort of structure

I know someone who is very obese and will give you shit if you mention your own weight loss as it can be upsetting to fat people

The people who frequent her social media love that shit though even though it is very much not for me

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Do British rappers put £ in their names

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    A hamburger served on a hubcap

Like, have you never put colorful dice in your mouth or licked fancy soap because it was iridescent and smelled nice (or at least wanted to do these things?)
    i stuck a bead up my nose when i was like 4 or 5 but otherwise no

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    What about all the rappers in formerly independent countries that then joined the EU, did they all have to change their name-money-symbols to the Euro

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Obligatory rack of ribs
    Man fuck it these ribs are gettin made about 90 minutes early

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    spool32 wrote: »
    Amazon making cities fight for their second HQ is sad because they’re just going to build it in Boston. Every knows it. Despite Boston’s offer basically being: “fuck off”.

They’re making other cities beg because it feels good I guess.

"Donkey Kong"

Adorable. You can come to Austin and visit it though! There will be a special plaque on display that explains how state taxation impacts business decisions.

Let's look at actual statements on what Amazon wants.

Analysis of things listed by Amazon as requirements

https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/files/2018/01/stacked_2300-1.jpg

I see Boston on that top list. Denver. Washington. Don't see Austin. :P

And before DK gets excited, Denver's response was like, "Sure if you want to but we ain't giving you shit we already have a 2.3% unemployment rate and a housing crunch."

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    amazon will make its second hq in the amazon

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Obligatory rack of ribs
    I have eaten
    the tide pods
    that were in
    the cupboard

and which
    you were probably
    saving
    for laundry

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Did I walk into the vore thread?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Okay my precious baby kick drum synth output is pretty quiet

So my Moog drive pedal struggles to pick it up because the signal is so low

Rather than overthink this I ordered a $50 TC electronics little mini boost pedal to loudify it

Problem solved I hope

Cc @chanus

@desc i would think boost or preamp would solve your problem, yeah

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    How can you have two headquarters even. It's entirely contrary to the concept of having a headquarters.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    Man, I had to explain to a loan officer that if a guy owes six figures in back-child support, they probably aren't gonna be able to buy a house.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    How can you have two headquarters even. It's entirely contrary to the concept of having a headquarters.

One headquarters for the things that don't make money or do much to help the things that make money and another headquarters for the things that actually make Amazon money?

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I got something forbidden you can taste

*chuckles grimly and opens up large overcoat*

*reveals huge stash of iridescent candy from all corners of the galaxy*

• Options
    edited January 2018
    I want of those masks that makes you practice your voice without anyone hearing you

Neco on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Obligatory rack of ribs
    Yeah, you are supposed to have your headquarters in a place where you will pay the minimum amount of taxes!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Obligatory rack of ribs
    Amazon's HQ should be like any nervous system of a violently-growing indomitable flesh monster: decentralized nodes woven throughout the body of America, your anime girlfriend crushed in its folds,

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    4g9iiu89mqh4.png
    Am I really supposed to believe the Labo is for children?

Nice and 420 smoke weed everyday.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Yeah, you are supposed to have your headquarters in a place where you will pay the minimum amount of taxes!

TO THE MOON!!!

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »

I can't say I have this problem. I mean I have an oral fixation so I chew on coffee stirrers, but I generally feel no wish to eat things I know aren't food.

"man those dice are so pretty"
    "...ya"
    "I'm gonna put one in my mouth cause they look like candy"
    "what no"
    "Too late"
    "Dude those are my dice why"
    "Are you ever worried you're going to eat your wedding ring?"
    "...no..."
    "well be careful it might get stuck in your throat"
    "I'm not concerned about eating my wedding ring"
    "Maybe I'll lick my ring but actually no I'm afraid I'll eat it"
    "..."

being married to me is pretty dumb!

But yeah idk, small colorful things, especially with nice geometric shapes, look like candy, and candy is delicious, and I have the overwhelming urge to lick them or put them in my mouth, so I sometimes do, if it seems like the right time. I don't know, you just feel like maybe they'd be tasty so you need to check.
    That tide pods/forbidden snacks have such hype is proof that many people feel similarly.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    I have eaten
    the tide pods
    that were in
    the cupboard

and which
    you were probably
    saving
    for laundry
    baby shoes
    never worn

• Options
    I want of those masks that makes you practice your voice without anyone hearing you

Plus they look cool.
    wi4HQ.jpg

• Options

"...ya"
    "what no"
    "Too late"
    "...no..."
    "..."

But yeah idk, small colorful things, especially with nice geometric shapes, look like candy, and candy is delicious, and I have the overwhelming urge to lick them or put them in my mouth, so I sometimes do, if it seems like the right time. I don't know, you just feel like maybe they'd be tasty so you need to check.
    That tide pods/forbidden snacks have such hype is proof that many people feel similarly.
    I am very much the same way.

• Options
    Baby shoes filled with tide pods

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

"...ya"
    "what no"
    "Too late"
    "...no..."
    "..."

This is not a feeling I have ever had.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through space at warp 2.2

@Chanus will create the new thread
    @Couscous is backup

This discussion has been closed.