As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm eating lunch, you dumb robot [chat]

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    a
    Yeah what the fuck is that

“Here is a block of sweet dessert, now rub it on your feet”

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    I think Amazon HQ should be in the DC area so Bezos can rule his two kingdoms from the same throne

I feel part of the reason the DC area is attractive to Amazon is they already have a large group here who runs the Federal Cloud services so they have folks to pull from right away internally.

Top it off DC is still the most educated city in the country.

Our public transit is ballz though.

metro is pretty great; it just needs more investment in ongoing maintenance

Metro is a trash fire right now. Maybe even actually on fire right now.

It needs a stable standard funding source and a less fucked management system and probably a complete overhaul of its workforce/maintenance culture.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    b
    b is for neco

Neco on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    When I saw this poll I knew deep down in my heart 3 would clean up but I still chose b without regrets

"b for beta..." I mumbled to myself, my chest caving from ignominy and shame

"no eddy" you whispered fiercely

"b for brave"

psst it totally means brave

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    When I saw this poll, I knew deep down in my heart 3 would clean up but I still chose b without regrets

"b for brave"

Eddy you thought about this too hard, which is to say at all

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I think Amazon HQ should be in the DC area so Bezos can rule his two kingdoms from the same throne

I feel part of the reason the DC area is attractive to Amazon is they already have a large group here who runs the Federal Cloud services so they have folks to pull from right away internally.

https://ismetroonfire.com/

say not yet

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    What if I buy the Output Strings VST

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 99

Geth, the word Trump is forbidden in the thread

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative So It Goes. Thread will be recycled after 99 pages.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative So It Goes. "trump" is forbidden in this thread.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    a
    Actual, Tide pod-like candy would be a gold mine.

• Options
    a
    Chanus wrote: »
    When I saw this poll I knew deep down in my heart 3 would clean up but I still chose b without regrets

"b for brave"

psst it totally means brave

Butt
    Balls
    Boobs
    proBoscis

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Neco wrote: »
    Is the new amazon HQ going to have the same toxic/overwork culture as the old one, probably? It's the sort of place that might be worth considering as a resume booster (if it ends up in a city I like) but also being miserable for N years at work is not great.

I don’t have any skills to get myself into amazon, but I would happily work there long enough for their tax insurance so I could get my transition surgeries covered

Also yeah it would be great on a resume

I can’t think of any other good things about working there

Apparently the warehouse type jobs pay pretty well and I think have good benefits? Not totally sure.
    I...don't actually have the skills to do the sort of job I would apply to at the level of seniority I would want, but I think there's a chance I could bullshit it maybe
    But also that job would not be fun at all so I don't know

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    b is for neco

If Neco were a condiment primarily made of tomato she'd be neco de gallo

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Is the new amazon HQ going to have the same toxic/overwork culture as the old one, probably? It's the sort of place that might be worth considering as a resume booster (if it ends up in a city I like) but also being miserable for N years at work is not great.

I don’t have any skills to get myself into amazon, but I would happily work there long enough for their tax insurance so I could get my transition surgeries covered

Apparently the warehouse type jobs pay pretty well and I think have good benefits? Not totally sure.
    I...don't actually have the skills to do the sort of job I would apply to at the level of seniority I would want, but I think there's a chance I could bullshit it maybe

Considering how many pies Amazon has fingers in there are probably things that you would find interesting.

Its easy to forget they make their money doing all sorts of automation and back end cloud shit and all sorts of weird ass stuff.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    My boss worked for amazon way back in the late 90's and he's had nothing but positive things to say about his time there.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    a
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Actual, Tide pod-like candy would be a gold mine.

This is a huge market just waiting to be disrupted

“People who eat soap because they think it’s candy”

Jokes are funnier when explained!

• Options
    milski wrote: »
    b is for neco

Hello I am neco's lawyer and this post is infringing on her intellectual property

• Options

It needs a stable standard funding source and a less fucked management system and probably a complete overhaul of its workforce/maintenance culture.

I agree it needs actual funding and not a demented pass the bill between DC/MD/VA arrangement. I just think that the foundation is pretty good. It has great potential, I guess? And the architecture is nice and the stations are clean and pleasant. Also it is reliable enough for me to ride every day.
    A portion of my friends are urban planning enthusiasts or professionals so I end up hearing a lot about metro when I'm around certain people, and they don't unequivocally shit on it, which is interesting.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    a
    See you at 4, my pretties.

dycqcc8h2vn0.jpg

• Options
    b
    desc wrote: »
    b is for neco

Hello I am neco's lawyer and this post is infringing on her intellectual property

I’m going to overlook it desc, the pronunciation there is on point.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    b is for neco

Hello I am milski's muse and your post is infringing on his artistic freedom

sig.gif
  • Options
    a

dycqcc8h2vn0.jpg

Are you bbq’ing a used arc reactor with your ribs?

• Options
    b
    b is for neco

Hello I am powerpuppies

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    My boss worked for amazon way back in the late 90's and he's had nothing but positive things to say about his time there.

Most of the people I talk to say the same. The negative shit I hear are from people in fulfillment. Which, if we are honest, is a shit job anyway.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    a

dycqcc8h2vn0.jpg

Are you bbq’ing a used arc reactor with your ribs?

It's a foil cup for the liquid smoke.

There's also a cup in the back with water in it.

• Options

I agree it needs actual funding and not a demented pass the bill between DC/MD/VA arrangement. I just think that the foundation is pretty good. It has great potential, I guess? And the architecture is nice and the stations are clean and pleasant. Also it is reliable enough for me to ride every day.
    A portion of my friends are urban planning enthusiasts or professionals so I end up hearing a lot about metro when I'm around certain people, and they don't unequivocally shit on it, which is interesting.

I think the biggest issue was in the initial building they didn't double the tracks to allow maintenance and such to occur like most subway systems so instead we have just one pair of tracks for each section. Which is a lot of wear and tear and such.

Really there probably needs to be a billions spent to rebuild a lot of the system and modernize it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I just got a couple breakfast croissants from a place but I asked to have mayo put on them (because they come dry normally), and when I was paying / receiving my order the wise ass goes "any condiments like more mayo?"

1) Fuck you.
    2) Who do I look like, Mike Pence?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    hello I am the specter of death and all of your petty squabbles will be lost in time and the people who have forgotten about them will also be forgotten

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I have to dye my hair but I have a very busy morning of videogames ahead

ze struggle,

*puffs cigarette*,

eez reel

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

Which is good, because it doesn't need extra fuel for its fires.

• Options
    b
    Ludious wrote: »
    hello I am the specter of death and all of your petty squabbles will be lost in time and the people who have forgotten about them will also be forgotten

Lud

Put the Arby’s down man

Just put it down

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    b is for neco

Hello I am powerpuppies

You will be receiving a bill for the therapy this post caused me to need :bigfrown:

sig.gif
  • Options

Lud

Put the Arby’s down man

Just put it down

I dunno neco I find that thought kinda comforting

• Options

Considering how many pies Amazon has fingers in there are probably things that you would find interesting.

Its easy to forget they make their money doing all sorts of automation and back end cloud shit and all sorts of weird ass stuff.

Yeah, I mean the issue for me is that maybe I don't want to do technical work at my next job

But maybe I do....? I'd probably try to stick with image science/computer vision rather than be a generic data scientist, if I did that. I'm sure they use machine vision for warehouse robots and inventory recognition (?) and possible future delivery drones and the like.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Hey no nihilism.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I tried to draw today and was too sad

but I like drawing -_-

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    a
    Henroid wrote: »
    I just got a couple breakfast croissants from a place but I asked to have mayo put on them (because they come dry normally), and when I was paying / receiving my order the wise ass goes "any condiments like more mayo?"

1) Fuck you.
    2) Who do I look like, Mike Pence?

tbf

mayo on croissants wtf

This discussion has been closed.