Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

TRI-COUNTY WRESTLING: The Road to Fight At The Fair 2017

14567810»

Posts

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2017


    Dr. Skull's music kicks in as he lurches to his feet, having been sitting at commentary since his promo to El Corrido (Some might've caught brief snorts and snores, but none would dare accuse the Surgeon of Slaughter of napping on the job) He tossed the headset aside, bounding to the ring in about a half dozen strides and blocking Mortty Simms from climbing onto the apron.

    "The Golden Boy sizes up Dr. Skull, will his partner Davey back him up, and where's...?" Chip looked around the Combatatorium, as if searching for Dr. Skull's partner in crime. On cue



    Mortty whirled around to the entrance, expecting Mad to ambush him. The audience began booing wildly as Mad climbed from their ranks, sliding in behind the distracted Davey o'Davey, blasting him with a double axe-handle to the back of the head. The referee admonished Mister Mad to a chorus of boos (Some canned, but who's counting?) as he waved towards the timekeeper to ring the bell as Dr. Skull leapt off the apron, unloading on Mortty Simms.



    "It's chaos in the Combatatorium Randy, the ref has to get this match under control!"

    "Aw, suck it up Wallenbocker, the crowd's loving this brawl! Let 'em have their fun!" Raucous Randy cheered along with the diehards in the audience. The referee finally pulled Mister Mad off Davey, letting him get some space. Skull had rolled Mortty in beside his partner before holding his hands up, trying to look innocent as newborn skeletal babe as he climbed onto his team's corner of the apron.

    Davey found his footing shakily, the ref continuing to hold back Mister Mad from bushwhacking his opponent again. With a burst of energy, Davey pulled the ref away, elbowing Mad sharply in the chest, sending him back into the ropes. As Mad came back, Davey caught him in a DDT, planting the mental mauler into the mat.

    "Oooh, that'll rattle his grey matter!"

    "Like he's got any left Chip!"

    Mad writhed in pain before crawl-loping to his corner and tagging in Dr. Skull to a fresh round of boos. Bravely, (Some might say foolishly) Davey squared up in the middle with Skull, offering his hands for the test of strength.

    "What, he thinks he's going to out-muscle that monster!?"

    "He's heroic just for trying Randy!" The two wrestlers struggled and vied for control over one another, pushing and pulling, neither willing to give ground
    Geth, roll 2d6+3

    EDIT: And I'm spend a momentum to put that up to a 7. I'll take back my momentum and hand control to Davey

    2d6+3 6 [2d6=1, 2]

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Crippl3Ken OElvenshaeGrunt's GhostsDyvim Tvar
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    The two lock up. An early test of strength goes decisively in Dr. Skull's direction--but Davey manages to outmaneuver and find his footing again. Davey locks in a hammerlock, keeping Dr. Skull from relying on his monstrous might. He smoothly transitions into a headlock, then a front facelock. He kicks repeatedly at Dr. Skull's legs, grounding him, then locks in a kneeling armbar and wrenches it.

    "Smart move--keep to the fundamentals, don't let it get flashy."

    Then, in a flash, he's up on Dr. Skull's shoulders and lands a crucifix pin! 1... 2... Mortty rushes in to block Mister Mad from breaking up the pin, but eats a nasty clothesline just as Dr. Skull kicks out! Mister Mad tosses Mortty out of the ring, and poor Davey is trapped, two to one, right in the middle of the ring...

    @Matev, control goes back to you.

    Ken OCrippl3Dyvim TvarElvenshae
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Dr. Skull and Mister Mad wasted no time, ganging up on Davey and beating him into the mat. The ref moved to push Mad out of the ring, Skull standing on Davey's throat. The audience booed almost admirably, the ref turning to look at Skull. Skull stepped back, somehow looking innocent in his skull mask as he stood Davey up, dusting his chest off before delivering a quick forearm, sending Davey back to the mat. He went for the cover!

    "One!"

    "Two!"

    "Thr-!" Davey kicked out.

    "Look at the heart of Davey O'Davey! Even in the face of annihilation, he won't give in!"

    "That little wimp should do what's good for him and stay down!" Randy groused. The resilient Davey used the ropes to pull himself up, groping for his corner, hoping to tag Morty in. Behind him was the monstrous form of Dr. Skull. With his club like hand, he whipped Davey around, clutching his throat and tossing his hand over his shoulder.

    "Looks like Skull's done playing around, going for a chokeslam...!" Chip sounded distressed, playing up the move's lethality.
    Geth, roll 2d6 +3

    +3:
    2d6 7 [2d6=3, 4]

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Ken OReynoldsCrippl3Grunt's Ghosts
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    i'll be taking the +1 Heat, of course

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Even if it take a month between updates I'm so happy that this is still going. If we make it to the next episode I have something monumentally stupid planned.

    http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    MatevCrippl3ReynoldsDyvim Tvar
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Slightly relevant. I work for the cablec ompany and schedule a public access TV channel. We have a low-budget wrestling promotion that just bought a Noon-Saturday slot for the weekend.

    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    Ken OMatevCrippl3Dex DynamoNiryaElvenshaeReynoldsDyvim Tvar
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    You practically slam him through the mat. (Both in a figurative sense, in that it was a huge slam, and, slightly worryingly, in a literal sense, as the mat gives way a little bit too much when he bumps. It's probably fine. They'll fix it later. Probably.)

    1... 2...

    Mortty slides in outta nowhere to break up the pin! Mister Mad rushes him, but Mortty clotheslines him over the top rope, tumbling over in the process. Davey climbs to his feet, and begins valiantly--weakly, but valiantly--challenging Dr. Skull to bring it on.

    Finish this kid off, @Matev...

    Ken O
  • NiryaNirya My name's Bo Rida and I'm here to sayRegistered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    Even if it take a month between updates I'm so happy that this is still going. If we make it to the next episode I have something monumentally stupid planned.
    Next episode? I have something monumentally stupid planned for the end of this one.

    0sghlhE.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Ken OCrippl3Dex DynamoMatevReynoldsDyvim Tvar
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Skull shook his head, waving Davey off like he wasn't worth the time. He turned leave the leave ring and help Mad finish off Morty Simms at ringside.

    "Big show of disrespect from Dr. Skull! Davey better not take this lying down!"

    "He should take it lying down. He's earned a rest, let Morty Simms handle Skull." Davey seemed to ignore Randy's advice, stepping back and catapulting himself from the ropes in a heedless charge at Dr. Skull. With supernatural awareness, the dread doctor whipped back around to face his opponent.

    "He's going for it...!"

    "Look out Davey boy...!"
    Geth, roll 2d6 FINISH HIM

    FINISH HIM:
    2d6 6 [2d6=3, 3]

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Yah, gonna blow a momentum to bump that up to a 7 and get the momentum back. Should've taken 2 momentum earlier instead of the heat. Oh well, just have to keep this shitshow rolling somehow

    Skull reached down and scooped Davey up by his midsection. Davey struggled, not wanting to get lifted, like his momentum should have. With a roar of frustration, Skull propelled him up and over his massive frame in a big back body drop. Davey landed hard, breath expelling from his lungs. Reveling in the boos of the crowd momentarily, Dr. Skull hopped into the air, pointing his elbow down at Davey's chest.

    "Breathstealer!" Randy applauded as Skull went for the pin and boos rustled through the crowd.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    "Disgusting. Outrageous. Another fine young athlete brutalized by Dr. Skull and Mister Mad. A real shame."
    "I LOVED IT!
    "Of course you did, Randy."

    At that moment, as Sims and O'Davey roll out of the ring and limp to the back--IT'S THE CROMAGNUM MEN! They emerge from the curtain, hold their title belts in the air, and point in Skull and Mad's direction.

    "Looks like Skull and Mad just got named #1 Contenders!"
    "Hopefully Joe and Mac can teach these monsters a lesson in humility!"
    "That's gonna be a hell of a match, Chip."
    "Sure is, Randy--but speaking of a heck of a match--"
    "I didn't say heck, Chip--"
    "We've got a gosh-darn fabulous main event coming up! Brian Eagleheart. Hedley Turner. A #1 Contender's match for Kosta Tolos's TCW World Championship. Who will walk out on top, the young star or the seasoned vet? It could be anyone's game!"

    @MagicPrime, @Reynolds--you're up. Tell me who enters first.

    Ken OCrippl3Matev
  • ReynoldsReynolds Raving Rabbit Registered User regular
    Since Hed was already out once I think Brian would come out first.

    OGueI9Q.gif
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    There is a loud click as the school (combatatorium) janitor flips the breakers turning off the overhead neon lights. Two whistling bottle rockets on wires shoot down from the rafters, and pop near the double wooden doors where tonight's talent have been making their entrances. The familiar scream of a fighter jet echos over the PA system and the engergetic beat of Stratovarius kicks in.



    Brian Eaglehart jumps through the plastic streamers serving as a curtain to backstage and the spotlight finds him. He's got his bomber jacket and aviators on. His curly blonde mullet shining like a beacon. The crowd in the front rows cheer and he makes his way down the ring, giving as many running high fives as he can.

    He does a belly slide under the bottom rope, then rolls to his back before doing a kip-up into his trademark flex pose. Brian takes his sunglasses off and tosses them into the crowd before taking off his jacket and handing it to one of the black clothed stage hands working tonights promotions.

    As the music fades out, the janitor takes his cue to click the lights back on. The big neon bell lights slowly begin to come back to life.

    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    Ken OCrippl3MatevElvenshaeDyvim Tvar
  • ReynoldsReynolds Raving Rabbit Registered User regular
    I am currently moving and I'm not sure when I'll be in the right frame of mind for this. I'll give it a shot if/when I can, but might have to hold things up for a while again. Sorry.

    OGueI9Q.gif
  • ReynoldsReynolds Raving Rabbit Registered User regular


    Hed emerges from backstage, waving the plastic streamers out of his face. His signature fur coat had made an appearance at the top of the show, so Turner was already in his regular gear and ready for action. With one small delay. While Brian is stretching and tugging at the ring ropes, Hed makes a show of pulling out something from behind his back. One of those Golden Age T-shirts that Kosta Tolos had offered him earlier. There are scattered boos as he holds it up and flashes it to the crowd...before using it to blow his nose in an extremely exaggerated manner, tossing the dirty rag to the ground and animatedly stomping it afterwards as the audience cheers.

    The trip to the ring took as long as one would expect, although Hed covered for it well by talking to the crowd, responding to shouts, slapping hands and pointing at signs. Eventually he chugged his way up those imposing stairs, shaking his leg and flexing one of his bad knees once he'd made it to the apron. Wiping off his boots, he ducked under the top rope to enter in an obviously very practiced yet slightly hesitant manner.

    As his music faded, he stepped right up to the youngster, staring Eaglehart down with a serious look on his face...before he cracked a slight smile, offering his hand in the spirit of friendly competition. This was just business, nothing personal, after all.
    @Dex Dynamo @MagicPrime
    I'm very sorry for the very, very long delay. I moved, got a new job, lost that job, got sick, started looking for a new job, then the holidays and all that. I kept waiting for the perfect time to get back to this, without really realizing how long I'd been putting it off. Today, stuck inside with everything frozen, seemed like a good day to give this the attention it deserves. Hopefully we can continue and get that third episode going.

    OGueI9Q.gif
    Crippl3Ken OMatevElvenshaeDyvim Tvar
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I'm hoping that everyone still has this thread bookmarked lol

    rSjqbNT.jpg?1
    Ken OMatevReynoldsGrunt's GhostsDex Dynamo
  • NiryaNirya My name's Bo Rida and I'm here to sayRegistered User regular


    *Kosta Tolos walks out on to the stage, nose absolutely filled with Kleenex even though the bleeding was stopped a good hour ago. Also he wrapped his head and ribs with bandages. It's a very ridiculous sight.*

    "Hold on boys, hold on. Now, Hedley, I know the terms of our deal, and I intend to abide by them, but I wanted to come out here to ringside so I could better scout my possible opponents. Plus, what better treat could there be for the people watching at home on Channel 69 than for them to hear me on commentary for this momentous occasion."

    *And with that, Tolos makes a show of walking to the announce table, and putting on a headset*

    Randy Rammstein: "This is great! Chip, aren't you excited that the Champ has decided to grace us with his presence?"
    Chip Wallenbocker: "Randy I don't trust Tolos as far as I can throw him. He's clearly coming down to ringside just so he can mess with the competitors."
    Randy: "You're crazy! Tolos is a smart champion who just wants to scout his opponents, and for that I applaud him."
    So I'm choosing to take over the Announcer role for this match. That means at some point I can act as a buff of sorts, and at one time I can bump up the results of a roll one level.

    0sghlhE.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Ken OMatevReynoldsDex DynamoElvenshaeDyvim Tvar
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    The ref carefully watches Tolos walk to commentary, then rings the bell--the match is underway!
    We'll give the Momentum to @MagicPrime, with the question of, "Do you shake Hedley's hand to start the match?"

  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Oh wow. So behind on this -- do we have an updated list on everyones' heat, etc? I will need to refresh myself on these rules - because whatever grasp of the system I had has evaporated in the hiatus.

    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited January 16
    ||Momentum +3||

    Brian takes a moment to stand on the turnbuckle and howl out a generic battle cry for whatever the hosting high-schools mascot is. The crowed quickly responds with a response and a roar of approval. (Cheap Heat + 1 Momentum). He then hops off the buckle with a bounce and turns to Hed to reciprocate the gentlemanly handshake. For a moment they lock eyes, and Brian thinks back to all the times he and Hed worked together in the past, and how much he's looked up to him these years in the Promotion. He gives an honest smile to the old timer, right as the bell rings.

    Geth roll 2d6+3 for Work

    Result from my roll -- I am going to gain +1 Heat with Hed.


    I am not sure what my Audience currently is either, I think it's +1 or +2

    Work:
    2d6+3 10 [2d6=2, 5]

    MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    ReynoldsDex DynamoDyvim Tvar
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited January 16
    Both men immediately click over to business mode as soon as the bell rings. After a hot second sizing one another up they lock up into a classic collar and elbow tie, pushing against one another and trying to get the upper hand. First one to break the hold is Brian, ducking under the lock and getting behind Hed with a standing arm bar. Hed drops to a knee and slaps his shoulder a few times.

    Still showing a bit of his old spirit, Hed manages to do a front roll out of the arm bar, catching Brian off guard and making a smooth and experienced transition into a hip-toss. As their lock breaks, Brian manages to catch himself into a somersault, landing in a crouch. He stands up lightly, hopping from foot to foot and swinging his arms a bit to stretch out after the warm up.

    The audience responds to their back-and-forth with a cheers and applause.

    Due to the 10 I stay in control of the match, but I will give a bit of time between my rolls for interrupts, etc.

    MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    MatevReynoldsDex Dynamo
  • ReynoldsReynolds Raving Rabbit Registered User regular
    After the friendly handshake, Hed turns toward the entrance as Kosta arrives. He's obviously yelling at the 'champ' while making several gestures, although nothing is picked up for the home audience. He keeps glancing towards the announce table, making sure the guest commentator is remaining seated. In fact, as soon as Brian has hopped up and recovered, Hedley turns and leans over the rope to point towards Tolos. "You better keep your ass in that chair, kid!"

    "Strong words for our champion from the veteran Turner. He doesn't seem to like you one bit, not that your actions or attitude have given him a reason to."
    "He's just jealous, Chip! Veteran's just another word for 'old' and his glory days are far behind him. This is a new age, a Golden Age, isn't that right, champ?"

    Once Hed turns his attention back to the match, the two lock up again, obviously about to perform the sequence in reverse as Turner slips around behind Eaglehart.
    I barely know how the system works, but I can handle the fluffy bits and roll when I'm told to roll.

    OGueI9Q.gif
14567810»
Sign In or Register to comment.