As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] 2017 goes to 8,760 hour time limit draw

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl9cwgl3uLM

Probably the last truly great Jerry Lynn match

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

Who let Daniel Bryan have some of Al Pacino's magic fairy dust?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    This is important

Have they done a Rumble by the Numbers yet this year?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Nirya wrote: »
    Hello, this is Nirya, confronting the fact that I have 3 months of student teaching left by getting drunk and watching this TNA thing. How are you all doing?

@Nirya

Totally off-topic, but what are you getting your certification in?

I just finished my Master's in Elementary Education (with a 6-8 grade History/Social Studies certification) last month and I am really happy to be done with the whole school process so I can start job hunting.

Also: Did you enjoy your program and what are your future plans?

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    I love this kind of stuff so much.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

https://youtu.be/oM4qCGy_Hcs

Fanmade, but still my favorite, if only because it reminds me how shithot Smackdown was at the end of 2016.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    s9mqdscuwo4s.jpeg

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Hello, this is Nirya, confronting the fact that I have 3 months of student teaching left by getting drunk and watching this TNA thing. How are you all doing?

Nirya

I just finished my Master's in Elementary Education (with a 6-8 grade History/Social Studies certification) last month and I am really happy to be done with the whole school process so I can start job hunting.

So in California, you can get your teaching credential without needing a masters (because those are needed for admin work instead), so by the end of this semester I’ll have my single-subject credential, so Jr High-High School stuff. I’ll also have competency for Social Sciences (so I could teach history, poli sci, or Econ), and I’m planning on taking some tests in the future to get some math competency under my belt also.

My program at CSUB has been, overall, pretty good, especially since I didn’t start out here or planning to teach. They had a track so I could get my bachelors while also getting a waiver for my social science competency, so I didn’t have to pay extra to test for them. The actual program itself is one whole year, and they’ve been pretty supportive when it comes to TPAs and catering to our needs in the field. My only gripe right now is this final 3 months of teaching is set up so I can’t really make money for the next 3 months unless I get another job, which is exceptionally annoying.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    February
    3N2xpKl.png

February seemed like a good time for a new beginning and so New Japan held The New Beginning in Sapporo's Hokkaido Perfectual sports center before deciding that wait, no, shit, better start over again six days later at Osaka's Edion Arena.

Night one started strong for Suzuki-gun with El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru defeating Kawato and Kushida. Ok maybe beating a team that includes a guy who hasn't even been given a gimmick yet isn't exactly starting strong but we'd quickly learn Suzuki-gun should take what they could. Takashi Iizuka was defeated by Yoshi-Hashi in seven minutes. That's barely long enough for the crowd to figure out Iizuka sucks. Then Suzuki-gun made the tactical error of putting Taichi in a match as he and Taka Michinoku lost to Roppongi Vice. K.E.S. wasn't able to defeat Ishii and Yano even though it was a three-way match and Honma was right there to take the pin. Some fans thought for sure this was building toward an exhausted and beaten down Okada losing to Minoru Suzuki but they'd instead have to settle for a match that stood as en excellent example of Okada selling, Suzuki's expert ring psychology, hot comebacks and an IWGP Heavyweight Champion showing the world how to adapt to Suzuki's borderline shoot wrestling. We were barely a month into 2017 and two of the best wrestlers on the planet putting on a merely beyond great match was seen as a let-down.

The second show started off with a series of tag matches highlighted by Bushi, Evil and Sanada regaining the NEVER Tag Championships they had gained the last month. Yeah that title gets hotshotted around a lot to the lower ranking members of whatever faction is on top. Shibata kicked seven shades of shit out of Will Ospreay for a successful defense of the Revolution Pro Wrestling British Heavyweight Championship. To be fair Ospreay is much more British than he is a Heavyweight. Ishii and Yano retained their IWGP Tag belts against G.B.H. and Suzuki-gun pollutants Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Takashi Iizuka. Hiromu Takahashi continued to demolish his way to victory retaining his IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship against Dragon Lee in a match designed to prove to the world that this is a feud we can comfortably watch for two eternities without getting sick of. Then came the main event when Tetsuya Naito had his only successful defense of the IWGP Intercontinental belt he treated like trash against actual trash Michael Elgin. Meltzer gave their match a full five stars declaring that Naito is “clearly New Japan's MVP right now.” I can only imagine this brought a single tear to Naito's eye as he sobbed “that's all I ever really wanted.” into his Intercontinental Title which he promptly hurled under the tires of a passing semi truck.

Over in Phoenix Arizona's Talking Stick Resort Arena WWE was preparing the new safer less stupid looking Elimination Chamber. 14,367 people witnessed a confusing matches where faces Apollo Crews and Kalisto proved they were good enough to outnumber heel Dolph Ziggler, faces American Alpha defeated The Ascension who had just ran a Tag Team Turmoil gauntlet match, heels Natalya and Nikki Bella go to a double countout on Pay-Per-View and heels Randy Orton and Luke Harper have what can be described as “a match.” Still though the real meat of the show was in the singles championship matches. Naomi countered Alexa Bliss's Twisted Bliss with raised knees before hitting a much easier to counter Split-Legged Moonsault to win the SmackDown Women's Championship. Then it was on to the main event Elimination Chamber match which started out with more fantastic action between John Cena and AJ Styles. Eventually everybody made their way into the match though Miz was so slow to enter it distracted Baron Corbin leading to IC Champion Dean Ambrose rolling The Lone Wolf up in what would be a taste of things to come for Corbin. This only angered Big Banter Corbin though and lead to him throwing Ambrose through a pod door before performing the End of Days on Ambrose which Miz capitalized on for a pinfall elimination. Miz himself was quickly eliminated by his elemental weakness: John Cena's finishers. The remaining three wrestlers traded finishers but it was shockingly John Cena eliminated first and Bray Wyatt who won. A match. In 2017. For the WWE Championship no less. Then Randy Orton emerged from the back for a brief staring contest.

Of course nobody was eliminated quite as hard as Rosa Mendes who was finally fired from WWE on the 13th after a inexplicably long decade with the company. During that same time frame The Spirit Squad was formed, pushed more than they should have been, broken up, sent to developmental, released onto the indies, returned, feuded with former member Dolph Ziggler and released.

Bayley quickly re-earned her number one contendership status by pinning Charlotte flair in a mixed tag match which in WWE might as well just be a singles match anyway. Bayley has been a feel good story waiting to happen since her early days in NXT roughly four years prior so it makes sense that during WrestleMania season she would be ceremoniously crowned Raw Women's Champion by dethroning the champion bred Charlotte Flair after a two week build and interference from Sasha Banks.

Speaking of friends Chris Jericho's throwing a Festival of Friendship for his best friend forever Kevin Owens. Hooray! The segment featured enough pyro to start a WCW b-show, Vegas Dancers, Chris Jericho dressed like one of those street performers who pretends to be a statue and the art of Norwegian Minimalist Maximist sculptor Ralph Guggenheim. Jericho also unveiled The Creation of Kevin, a for real painting you can buy with money. Kevin didn't seem impressed though. In fact Friendship The Magician made The List of Jericho and Gilberg fared even worse.

Owens didn't have much to give in return, only one gift, but it's the thought that counts.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options

Nirya

So in California, you can get your teaching credential without needing a masters (because those are needed for admin work instead), so by the end of this semester I’ll have my single-subject credential, so Jr High-High School stuff. I’ll also have competency for Social Sciences (so I could teach history, poli sci, or Econ), and I’m planning on taking some tests in the future to get some math competency under my belt also.

My program at CSUB has been, overall, pretty good, especially since I didn’t start out here or planning to teach. They had a track so I could get my bachelors while also getting a waiver for my social science competency, so I didn’t have to pay extra to test for them. The actual program itself is one whole year, and they’ve been pretty supportive when it comes to TPAs and catering to our needs in the field. My only gripe right now is this final 3 months of teaching is set up so I can’t really make money for the next 3 months unless I get another job, which is exceptionally annoying.

Yeah. Student teaching is a bit of a bummer as far as losing time/money to the process. I was lucky enough to be supported by my wife while I was in school and I was able to concentrate on my degree fully. Not everyone is lucky enough to have that setup, though.

• Options
  • Options

Nirya

Yeah. Student teaching is a bit of a bummer as far as losing time/money to the process. I was lucky enough to be supported by my wife while I was in school and I was able to concentrate on my degree fully. Not everyone is lucky enough to have that setup, though.

Yeah, thankfully my parents have been really supportive during this entire process (probably helps that my mom is also a teacher and went through it). I have no idea how some of the other people in my program are handling it without just going into huge amount of debt.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular

I wonder if every hour of RAW 25 will have its own of these historical intros.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Progress 61, Trent Seven is pretending to be on the phone to Triple H and he's just bantering Gibson and Drake right off and it's brilliant.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    So remember Del Rio making all those derogatory comments on WWE last year?
    Found this interesting interview with Del Rio. It's in spanish so I'll give a basic translation.

He called Triple H personally and apoligized for his past remarks.

Him and WWE are supposely on good terms now.

He wants to end his career in WWE whether its a retirement match or a part time schedule but it wont happen till 2019

He blames Paige saying she manipulated him into believing WWE and Triple H were purposely trying to sabotage their relationship along with her career.

Maybe the TNA checks are bouncing?

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Blaming Paige is a very classy move

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Blaming Paige is a very classy move

Especially with video evidence of Paige trying to keep him from going on anti-WWE rants.

• Options
    So, "on good terms", does that mean

A) On good terms.

or

B) "If I say yes, will you stop calling?"

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    You know I would like to see Del Rio try another face run in WWE

But he’s also a massive shit head in real life

Ehhhhhh

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

A) On good terms.

or

It means, "I am desperately trying to unburn this bridge." Let's see how that works out for him.

• Options
    Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    You know I would like to see Del Rio try another face run in WWE

But he’s also a massive shit head in real life

Ehhhhhh

One of the very few things more boring to me than heel Del Rio was face Del Rio. Hard pass, give someone else the upper midcard slot.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I have never seen a Del Rio match that made me think he was anything more than competent and the fact that he half asses it unless he decides to care about the story means he's frequently as interesting as wallpaper

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Sprout wrote: »

A) On good terms.

or

It means, "I am desperately trying to unburn this bridge." Let's see how that works out for him.

If he’s honest about retiring next year I’m betting he wants one more good WWE pay day.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I have never seen a Del Rio match that made me think he was anything more than competent and the fact that he half asses it unless he decides to care about the story means he's frequently as interesting as wallpaper

Del Rio makes Orton seem exciting. How he and Sheamus occupied the top slot for so long is beyond me.

• Options
    Speaking of Del Rio he’s headlining TNA’s next PPV in April against

Austin Aries

• Options
    Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Speaking of Del Rio he’s headlining TNA’s next PPV in April against

Austin Aries

No match, just give them 30 minutes and live mics and see who lights themselves on fire first.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

The last man standing match against Cena in the broken ring was awesome.

Thats probably the only one though.

• Options
    If WWE is doing AJ vs Nak at Mania

I think Shinsuke ought to go heel

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Did Rosenberg mess up info about some of the new people signed?

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Kinda hoping MVP sticks around after next week.

Dude is 44 but doesn’t have a high impact style or anything.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

He thought War Machine was a person not a tag team.

• Options
    Magell wrote: »
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

He thought War Machine was a person not a tag team.

Ah

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Can I just say that it is a bit weird that one part of War Machine is called Warbeard and the other has a normal first name?

Anyway...

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Raymond Rowe is actually his real name as well so guess he’ll have to come up with a new one.

• Options
    New name?

Warbeards for everyone!

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Roweman Raynd

• Options
    New name?

Warbeards for everyone!

Just rename the team that.