As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    @Elvenshae for sabotage

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Please continue; no sabotage.

Though it puzzles me.

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Veto goes through. New agenda.

Research Team: Propulsion

Elect Industrial planet

Attach this card to the planet. When the owner of this planet researches technology, they may exhaust this card to ignore 1 blue prerequisite.

MrBody on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Well, this is a bit more benign than the vetoed agenda. Even though it's late game, it's still got potential for whomever wins it. Light/Wave Deflector can be scary with a high-movement fleet, which seems to be the case for everyone with Gravity Drive. And even for Hedgethorn and Preda, getting blitz pushes with Fleet Logistics can also be game-changing. I'm feeling pretty willing to sell my votes for a couple of Trade Goods, though. Not so into it to try and go for it myself, plus voting first is quite disadvantageous.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I'll vote for Preda's Zombat if nobody pays me otherwise

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I'll vote for Preda's Zombat if nobody pays me otherwise

I surely will not!

I'm fine with Preda, unless someone wants to buy it.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

I was thinking of voting for Wellon, currently under Jol-Nar control, to neutralize any impact of the Agenda.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I don't like the use of that currently.

That certainly makes more sense.

Actually, looking at the map again, Zohbat is not a valid target. However, Thibah is, and is already a blue specialty planet. This means it won't have any real effect at all. Unless someone wants to buy my vote, thats where it will be going.

No it would have an effect

To use a tech speciality you exhaust the planet
    To use this you exhaust the card

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    See: Winnu's War Suns in our game

I’ll have to look more into this when I get back after business dinner tonight.

The reason why I want to vote for Wellon, again, is because it is under Jol-Nar control and thus not any use for them. For anyone else, it's essentially a free jump in the tech tree, which I don't really want to give to anyone without a proper negotiation compensation. (Of course, I also won't fight it if anyone wants to freely put their votes on Saudor or Tar'mann...)

4463rwiq7r47.png
    I had forgot what Jol-Narr's racial ability was.

@MrBlarney

I'm willing to vote for Saudor; what are you willing to pay?

As stated, I will allow you to put votes on Saudor... for free!

4463rwiq7r47.png
    I'm not doing it for free; that'd be silly! I'll otherwise vote for one of my own planets.

@MrBlarney

That was a joke, you know? I hope that it's clear that my leadoff position in the voting order has firmly put me in the 'sell' position with my votes, choosing to put my votes towards Wellon if there are no takers.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Of course! I'm still willing to sell you my votes, if you want them. :)

@MrBlarney

I think we're good to start voting then.

• beetfarmerbeetfarmer Registered User regular
    @Brody @MrBody

In November 2017 Brody posted:
    Brody wrote: »
    Imperial, gain 1 VP

I'd @ everyone, but it's hard from the phone.

Did Brody ever receive his VP for activating the Imperial Strategy card while controlling MR in round 4? I don't see any record of it on the Victory Track.

If you take the difference between the total VPs and the listed sources, the value is 1, which should be the Imperial Primary VP. It seems like special VPs like that are currently implied, but not explicitly tracked, and I think MrBody said that he was looking into how to change documentation at the top of the previous page.

If it's time to vote, I'll put 10 votes on Wellon. @Elvenshae is next up to vote.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    7 votes on Wellon.

@Mojo_Jojo

6 votes on Preda's Thibah

@Hedgethorn to vote

Actually, I think he's right. I have claimed 3 (1) point public objectives, 1 (1) point secret objective, and I got 1 (1) pt Imperial VP.

Sorry, I probably should have payed more attention, and gotten that cleared up sooner. I think I kept forgetting I claimed the Trade Goods VP, because I was not anticipating having the TG's to buy it.

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Arborec continues to offer support to Winnu's claim to the throne.
    16 votes for Thibah.

@Brody

8 votes for Thibah.

@MrBody for next phase.

Brody wrote: »
    Actually, I think he's right. I have claimed 3 (1) point public objectives, 1 (1) point secret objective, and I got 1 (1) pt Imperial VP.

Sorry, I probably should have payed more attention, and gotten that cleared up sooner. I think I kept forgetting I claimed the Trade Goods VP, because I was not anticipating having the TG's to buy it.
    Yeah, that was my miscount, I missed one of the public objective marks. It's also really hard to remember what's happened with a game that takes this long to play.

Also, looks like I've gotta get ready for Winnu's upcoming speed-up for the coming round. Those ships have got to go somewhere and I feel like I'm in the way.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited January 2018
    Round 6 - Strategy Phase

Map
    vvJSFWRm.png
    full map

(unit visual reference)
    (max component restrictions per player: 8 destroyers, 8 cruisers, 4 carriers, 5 dreadnoughts, 2 war suns, 5 PDS, 3 space docks)

Objectives
    Public
    I - Lead from the Front - Spend a total of 3 tokens from your strategy and/or tactics pool. 1 VP Jol-Nar
    I - Diversify Research - Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors. 1 VP Creuss
    I- Develop Weaponry - Own 2 unit upgrade technologies. 1 VP Creuss Letnev L1z1x
    I- Negotiate Trade Routes - Spend 5 trade goods. 1 VP Jol-Nar Letnev Winnu
    I- Erect a Monument - Spend 8 resources. 1 VP Letnev Jol-Nar Arborec L1z1x
    II- Manipulate Galactic Law- Spend 16 influence. 2 VP Jol-Nar
    II- Form Galactic Brain Trust- Control 5 planets with technology specialties. 2 VP
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II - ???

Secret
    Letnev Spark a rebellion - Win a combat against a player who has the most victory points. 1 VP
    Winnu Gather a Mighty Fleet - Have 5 dreadnoughts on the board. 1 VP
    L1z1x - Secrets of the Cosmos Have one or more ships in 3 systems that are each adjacent to an anomaly. 1 VP.
    Arborec Become the gatekeeper - Have at least 1 ship in a system containing an alpha wormhole and at least 1 ship in a system containing a beta wormhole. 1 VP

Other
    Creuss- Imperial Rider 1 VP, Imperial strategy- 2 VP, Letnev Support from the throne 1 VP
    Letnev- Imperial strategy 1 VP
    Arborec- Imperial strategy 1 VP, Crown of Emphidia 1 VP, Winnu Support for the Throne 1 VP
    Winnu- Arborec Support for the throne 1VP

Victory Track
    MrBlarney - 3
    Elvenshae - 6
    Mojo - 5
    Hedgethorn - 5
    Brody - 5
    Preda - 3
    Technologies
    Ciz5AvY.png

Promissory notes (any player may give these to another. "Black player" is just the example; insert your own color)
    Race specific promissory notes (only the stated race may give these)

Laws
    Research Team: Propulsion (Thibah)
    When the owner of this planet researches technology, they may exhaust this card to ignore 1 blue prerequisite.

Deep Core Mining (Bereg)
    +2 resources on this planet

(Sakulag)
    +1 resources +1 influence

Minister of Commerce (Letnev)
    After the owner of this card replenishes commodities, he gains 1 trade good for each player who is his neighbor.

The Crown of Emphidia (Arborec)
    The elected player gains this card and 1 victory point.
    A player gains this card and 1 victory point if they capture a planet in the owner's home system. Then the previous owner loses 1 victory point.

Player mats

MrBlarney
    7 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    1 claimed- Secrets of the Cosmos Have one or more ships in 3 systems that are each adjacent to an anomaly. 1 VP.
    Creuss promissory: Cease Fire- After the Creuss player activates a system containing your units: The Creuss player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Creuss player
    pB1tBPd.png

Elvenshae
    5 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Letnev promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Letnev's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Letnev player.
    L1z1x promissory: Cease Fire- After the L1z1x player activates a system containing your units: The L1z1x player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the L1z1x player
    Jol-Naw promissory: Research agreement- After the Jol-Nar player researches a technology, you may research the same technology. Then, return this note to the Jol-Nar player
    CXQlePi.png

Mojo
    5 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Arborec promissory: Cease Fire- After the Arborec player activates a system containing your units: The Arborec player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Arborec player
    Arborec promissory note: Trade Agreement- When the Arborec player replenishes commodities: the Arborec player gives you all of his commodities. Then return this card to the Arborec player.
    Letnev promissory note: Political Secret- When an agenda is revealed: The Letnev player cannot vote, use action cards, or use faction abilities until after the agenda has been resolved. Then return this card to the Letnev player.
    hxayAlt.png

Hedgethorn
    4 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    (1 claimed) Become the gatekeeper - Have at least 1 ship in a system containing an alpha wormhole and at least 1 ship in a system containing a beta wormhole. 1 VP
    Crown of Emphidia - Law - A player gains this card and 1 victory point if they capture a planet in the owner's home system. Then the previous owner loses 1 victory point.
    Winnu promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Winnu's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Winnu player.
    rPGSm42.png

Brody
    3 action cards
    0 secret objectives
    1 claimed secret objective- Spark a rebellion - Win a combat against a player who has the most victory points. 1 VP
    Winnu promissory: Cease Fire- After the Winnu player activates a system containing your units: The Winnu player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Winnu player
    Minister of Commerce- After the owner of this card replenishes commodities, he gains 1 trade good for each player who is his neighbor.
    b0iPKXw.png

Preda **Speaker**
    4 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    1 claimed- Gather a Mighty Fleet - Have 5 dreadnoughts on the board. 1 VP
    Letnev promissory: Cease Fire- After the Letnev player activates a system containing your units: The Letnev player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Letnev player
    Arborec promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Arborec's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Arborec player.
    cZnFzfK.png

Choose strategy cards

Cards (Construction has 1 TG, Warfare 2 TG)
    F9TgzcL.png
    2PQjpdt.png

MrBody on
    @MrBody I should be at 5 VP. 3 Public objectives claimed, 1 Secret objective, and 1 Imperial (Strategy) VP.

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Technology
    @MrBlarney

I need to catch up, regardless of Mecatol Rex control. Select the (8) Imperial Strategy Card.

@Elvenshae has the next selection.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Leadership.

@Mojo_Jojo

Politics

@Hedgethorn

I play Public Disgrace.

You have to pick a different one, @Mojo_Jojo

@Hedgethorn to wait for the new pick.

Public Disgrace- Play when another player chooses a strategy card during the strategy phase. They must choose a different strategy card, if able.

edited January 2018
    That is a peculiar move, that action card feels like one that could win the game. The rest of your hand must be solid gold if you can throw that one away

Anyhow:

No sabotage, choose Warfare instead

@Hedgethorn

Mojo_Jojo on