As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:Stormblood] Rise of a New Sun (Patch 4.2) rises Jan 30th [Prelim Patch Notes]

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    I heard Bards have a piano now.

It's the revised performance UI.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I heard Bards have a piano now.

It's the revised performance UI.
    I dunno what that means.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    For controllers it'll be 8 notes, with shoulder buttons used to go up or down full or half octaves at once.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Is it a combat ability or just some built-in MIDI sequencer for funsies?

• Options

The latter. You can find videos on YouTube of players performing.

• Options

The latter. You can find videos on YouTube of players performing.
    And I assume people can hear you in the game while you perform?

Fuck my life this game has so much cool shit. It's so tempting to give it another shot. Again.

• Options
    Yeah, people can hear you. The piano is an improvement on the interface for the ability Bards currently have.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    no they literally get a piano, and a guitar, and a harp

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Goddamn it let's just please make a new FC that isn't full of shitty transphobic randos so I can play again. :(

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    transfer to excalibur and join dragongod knightkings

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    So re: the housing stuff... Anyone in an FC that has a house cannot buy another FC house. But they can purchase individual houses at a later date. Am I understanding that correctly?

• Options
    So re: the housing stuff... Anyone in an FC that has a house cannot buy another FC house. But they can purchase individual houses at a later date. Am I understanding that correctly?

Correct. I'd wager they want to see how quickly FC housing sells.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular

Thanks. Guess I'll wait to see if I can snag a little one for my own later.

Is this one house per FC thing new? I remember when Shirogane went up, I saw a bunch of houses owned by one FC.

• Options

Thanks. Guess I'll wait to see if I can snag a little one for my own later.

Is this one house per FC thing new? I remember when Shirogane went up, I saw a bunch of houses owned by one FC.

Yes. It's something they should have had for some time now.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Damn, i had actually managed to forget about Gosetsu and Yugiri. Now we get to deal with more of their inane BS, terribad voice acting, and unbelievably trite backstory.

Other stuff looks good though. Evidently the Garlean Empire had a Battosai the Manslayer on their side.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Gosetsu's voice actor is the best ever, how dare you.

• Options
    CSStheGr8CSStheGr8 Registered User regular
    I was starting to regret not unsubbing since I hadn't logged in in several months (sad I missed the Christmas bear) and then Dancing Mad kicked in and I am so down for more deltascape.

3DS FC: 2363-6921-5075
  • Options
    One thing that I like is that the game is making it clear that the invasions of Ala Mhigo and Doma were not by chance, but that those nations had flaws that gave the Garleans an in.

• Options
    Sigmascape this time.

Third tier is almost certainly gonna be Omegascape.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    I'll laugh then cry if they name the third tier Kappascape

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Not too happy about the individual housing being delayed, but I get it. I wouldn't be surprised if they opened up more wards later with individual ownership in mind though.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I wrapped up the step to Honored wit Ixal yesterday and this shit is slooow moving. I should speedlevel some more.

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    I love that some minions perch on your shoulder. Got wind-up nanamo, who has a hilarious quote attributed to her "Take me, Raubahn... I am your sultana...<snore> - Slumbering Lalafell"

Just wish it was a toggle kind of thing.

• Options
    If you're one of the walking potato people, the minions will sit/flop themselves over your head instead

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I love that some minions perch on your shoulder. Got wind-up nanamo, who has a hilarious quote attributed to her "Take me, Raubahn... I am your sultana...<snore> - Slumbering Lalafell"

You can /beckon most minions to sit on your shoulder.

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »

You can /beckon most minions to sit on your shoulder.

They'll still randomly hop off. Better then no control of it. There's a surprising amount of minion interactions from what I've read, it's a nice little touch.
    Takel wrote: »
    If you're one of the walking potato people, the minions will sit/flop themselves over your head instead

I read that, if I wasn't so vein with my character that alone would tempt me to play as one. I find short characters in mmo's really don't show off gear very well...and in among all the particle effects in this game they all but disappear.

• Options
    There's plenty of popotos around that you don't need to worry about it too much since most of them are bound to have those minions draped over their heads regardless.

But yes, glamours and looking good is vitally important. What's the point of all the exquisitely designed gear if it all gets squished onto your character model...

• Options
    It just means I can look good without worrying too much about my shoes.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Well, I'm completely fucked.

The iphone-turned-ipod where my secondary password app is located has gone missing. It has long since had the phone card and phone number removed, so I can't call it remotely. And I am a complete idiot who forgot to write down the emergency removal password. If the phone can't be found, either because it's gone overlooked wherever I left it or because it was stolen, then I guess I can never play this game again.

edit: Oh, I found the removal password after all. So there's that at least.

Enlong on
  • Options
    The best thing I can recommend is to start using a password manager.

Not only will it assist with maintaining password sanitisation in that everything has a unique strong password, most good password managers will allow you to put notes for the account. That's where my removal password lives.

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Well, I'm completely fucked.

The iphone-turned-ipod where my secondary password app is located has gone missing. It has long since had the phone card and phone number removed, so I can't call it remotely. And I am a complete idiot who forgot to write down the emergency removal password. If the phone can't be found, either because it's gone overlooked wherever I left it or because it was stolen, then I guess I can never play this game again.

edit: Oh, I found the removal password after all. So there's that at least.

It's not an ideal situation, but for the record support can remove it without the emergency removal password. I forget what all I had to do but I know I've been in this situation before and it turned out fine.

• Options
    OK, thanks! I think I was just overreacting, because I'm upset at misplacing the phone.

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Goddamn it let's just please make a new FC that isn't full of shitty transphobic randos so I can play again. :(

FYI, i run a large 450+ member LGBTS FC on Fairie. We've been a little quiet recently, but it's still going pretty solid. But I run it entirely to avoid homo-trans otherwise phobic randos, so my sympathies on that.

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    @enc I'm on Goblin also, just subbed after the new year! In an FC that's pretty chill, so if you're still looking for one I can recommend Embers to Ashes - they don't appear to do a ton of coordinated content, but they've got infrastructure (housing/airships/stables/etc), keep up a variety of company actions, and they're almost always around willing to include others in their ventures or jump in to help with duties when asked. I'd put their level of humor and personality about on par with SE++ here.

I'm Octavia Storm so feel free to friend me as well if you like :)

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Hayward Roan here, i'm in the FC <GRIMM> (Fairy Tales) on Goblin.

Mostly playing on Saturday and Sundays right now, but if I'm on let me know! I'd be happy to help tank/dps through content.

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I found a recent post by a upper end raider on Sargatanas (Bokchoy) over on the FFXIV reddit that had some useful information and thought others here might find it useful as well. I've added a couple of the good comments from the thread as well. Information is behind the spoiler, enjoy:
    Bokchoy wrote:
    Deltascape post weekly lockout has been an absolute blast. I've had a chance to do a ton of PFs (learn/clear/farm), as well as meet and play with a ton of people across the Aether data center. Anyone who joins a lot of PF parties has probably noticed how wildly the player base varies when it comes skill level, experience, and aptitude. The players who are easy to work with, carry super hard, and bust their asses to help the team achieve victory definitely stand out and are an absolute pleasure to play with.

With 4.2 and the new raid tier on the horizon, I've put together a list (aka novel) of tips on how to become one of those stand-out players. Some are general tips, others are role specific.

Enjoy!

General

Party types

Thankfully, there's kind of an informal system in place.
    • Learning Party: You're just in there to wipe and learn. There are no expectations of you other than you take it seriously and try your best. The description might say something like "at least watch a video".
    • Phase X Learning Party: A more advanced learning party where there is an expectation that you could reliably make it to a certain part of the fight. The PF description will generally mention what phase you're expect to know up to.
    • Clear Party: The objective is to clear the fight, and the expectation is that you've sufficiently learned the entire fight. You don't have to be perfect but you should be familiar with every phase and how to handle it. People might get a bit salty if the group doesn't end up clearing, but most clear groups don't clear.
    • Farm Party: The objective is to repeatedly and consistently clear the fight to farm it for loot. The expectation is that you could do the fight from start to finish with minimal mistakes. Wipes happen occasionally but as long as it's not too awful and it's not the same person making mistakes every time, people are generally okay with it.
    • Parse Party: The objective is to do a high dps clear for the purpose of ranking on fflogs or other tracking websites. Meta composition and other restrictions are common. The main purpose is not to get gear.

As long as you join the appropriate party, you're fine. You'll occasionally encounter some toxic people, but most people are pretty cool. People will (understandably) get annoyed though if you join a Clear Party, but barely know anything about the fight.

Don't worry about whether or not you're good enough to clear. Worry only about how much effort you put into it. Also, understand that you are meant to fail repeatedly. There's a reason why this game gives you an infinite number of do-overs to kill a boss. You're gonna fail a lot. You're supposed to. It's okay. Shrug your shoulders and try again.

Commit boss rotation and timelines to memory

Raid encounters in this game are very scripted. Bosses behave in a semi-predictable pattern, with minimal variance. Progressing through a fight entails learning the order in which the boss does his attacks so that you could plan ahead. Mastering a fight entails knowing the timings, exact behaviors of the boss, and the exact properties of his attacks so you can optimally deal with them. Whether you are a tank, healer, or DPS, always knowing what a boss does next is the most important thing. Pay close attention to these things in progression so that nothing you’ve already seen before can catch you by surprise. Make sure your positioning and cooldowns are planned out accordingly.

Learn a role other than your main.

Learning to play a different job makes you better at your main. Teamwork is all about accomodating your teammates. By learning to play another job, you gain an understanding of what their job entails, what difficulties they face, and through that experience you learn how to accomodate them better.

For instance, as a tank playing a melee DPS job, you might notice things tanks do that you like or dislike. Movement, positioning, facing, etc… You’ll discover techniques that help maximize a melee’s uptime and access to positionals. As a ranged DPS playing a healer, you’ll get a better idea of how to judge AoE heal ranges, how to effectively use utility skills like Refresh, Addle, Apoc, and Palisade.

FFXIV makes it easy to dabble, explore, and experiment with other jobs. Every new job you become proficient at will make you a more complete player on your main. Take the time to step out of your comfort zone, gain a new perspective, and have fun with it.

Play with people outside of your static

End game content in FFXIV is something you can enjoy with the same seven teammates, if you choose. It’s definitely nice to play with other players of the same mindset and approach the game at the same level intensity that you do. However, playing with other players and (like the previous tip) stepping outside of your comfort zone teaches you to adjust to new strategies, adapt to other peoples’ playstyles, and often forces you carry harder than you normally have to. It is definitely a different learning experience than simply playing with the same people, using the same strategies, and never having to adapt. After all, progression in a new raid tier is about facing unknown challenges and adapting to them.

Tanks
    Recognize when to pop cooldowns early in preparation for a tank buster

The average tank has an idea of when a tank buster is coming, sees the cast bar start, and pops a cooldown in time to mitigate it.

A better tank thinks one step ahead and can pop the cooldown early to mitigate the damage leading up to the tank buster, and still have the tail end of the cooldown active when the tank buster finally hits. It gets more value from the cooldown and it helps the healers prepare for the heavy incoming damage.

This is a useful technique in almost every fight in the game. Using Deltascape as an example: Alte Roite leads into Twin Bolts with a Wyrm Tail or two. Catastrophe does the same thing with cleaves before Evilsphere. The final phase of Halicarnassus lets you mitigate AoE damage that precedes Critical Hits. Finally, there are multiple instances in Neo Exdeath where popping a cooldown early makes sure it’s back up the next time you need it.

Mitigate more than just tank busters

Somewhat related to the above point, an attack doesn’t need to be single-target with a cast bar to require mitigation. In my experience, Wyrm Tails and Paranormal Waves kill more tanks than tank busters in O1 and O2 respectively. Proper use of Holmgang in O3 allows a Warrior to free up cooldowns like Rampart and Thrill of Battle to deal with nasty auto attacks.

The most prominent example however, is Ex Death. His auto attacks hit like a truck. Thunder III’s are usually dealt with via invulnerable cooldowns like Holmgang, Hallowed Ground, and Living Dead, which means the rest of your cooldowns are free to use on auto attacks and Black Hole. Still, I see tanks neglect to use their cooldowns just because it’s not a tank buster with a cast bar.

Shirk often, Shirk effectively

Shirk is a tank ability that transfers 25% of your aggro to another player. Tanks typically use it to transfer aggro to one another when you want the other tank to take over tanking the boss (aka tank swap), but can also be used by the off-tank to help the main-tank get more aggro. Shirk keeps your DPS and healers safe from ripping aggro, while also allowing your co-tank to avoid using tank stance and enmity combos, thus allowing him to maximize his damage.

In some fights, Shirks happen naturally upon tank swaps. However, in fights with no tank swaps, the off tank needs to help the main tank with occasional Voke-Shirks. The best time to Voke-Shirk is when the boss is in the middle of casting something. This prevents the boss from changing its facing when the Voke-Shirk goes off.

Neo Exdeath has several aggro resets and therefore many aggro-sensitive phases. Recognize when your co-tank needs to have aggro and help him out with a Voke-Shirk to secure it.

Eliminate unnecessary movement

Unnecessary movement compromises uptime and positionals. Therefore, try not to move a boss when there is no good reason to move it.

From my experiences in PF, some tanks have an obsession with moving bosses to the middle and facing it north. For instance, Catastrophe’s -100 G’s mechanic has two safe areas: one in the north, one in the south. If the boss is already in the south prior to the mechanic, you can just leave him there. It’s a symmetrical mechanic. You can just treat the south as the new north. Pulling the boss to the opposite end of the room is unnecessary only hurts your entire party’s DPS.

Another such example is the positioning of the White Flame add in O3S. It needs to be separated from Halicarnassus so that the boss is out of range of the AoE heal. However, the White Wind has a maximum range and you only need to move them far enough apart so that the boss is out of range of the heal. You don’t need to tank them on opposite corners of the universe. It only hurts your party’s DPS uptime and creates unnecessary movement for everyone.

An effective tank will position bosses and adds in such a way that helps DPS to maximize their damage. Learn from these encounters and plan your movement/positioning in such away that will help and not hinder your DPS.

Healers
    Heal for the next source of damage, not the last

The game has a way of bamboozling you into casting the wrong heal. Bosses will pepper the party with AoE attacks, baiting you to respond with AoE heals, when it’s actually the tank who is in danger to an ensuing tankbuster. This goes back to a previous tip: commit boss timelines to memory.

In O3S, you’ll often see the party drop low to a Spellblade Holy, healers casting AoE heals in response only to let the tank die to the ensuing Critical Hit. A smart healer takes care of the tank first knowing that the tank buster is coming up next. Nothing is threatening the party for the time being.

In O1S, a Charybdis is immediately followed up by either a Roar (AoE damage) or Twinbolt (Tank damage). Recognizing which is which is important in responding to the Charybdis with the appropriate heal.

There are only a couple of many examples. Try to always know what the next source(s) of damage will be and heal according to that, rather than simply healing whoever is currently damaged.

Recognize when you don’t have to heal

There are several reasons why you might not have to heal someone who is damaged. Maybe your co-healer has an Earthly Star on the ground that will heal for just enough after the AoE damage goes out. Maybe the damaged party has a HoT like Medica II, Whispering Dawn, or Wheel of Fortune (AST bubble) that will top them off before they take damage again.

Maybe the next mechanic is a Charybdis, which drops your party to 1HP no matter how much HP they have. Or maybe the damaged tank is about to pop Holmgang to survive a tank buster, and you can ignore him until after it goes off. The beauty of Holmgang is that you don’t have to heal the WAR before hand, only afterwards. Recognizing that saves you GCDs and MP.

There are several instances where unnecessary healing occurs, resulting in a waste of MP and waste of GCDs that could otherwise go towards dealing damage.

Be aware of teammates’ rezzes

When a teammate dies, rezzing them costs a lot of MP. Well, duplicate rezzes collectively cost 2x or 3x that amount of MP. Sometimes duplicate rezzes are not avoidable, due to lack of communication between pugs, or because both you and your teammate just simply reacted at the same time. However, many duplicate rezzes can be avoided by coordinating with the co-healer in your static via voice comms, paying attention to the buffs in the party list, noticing that your co-healer is almost finished hardcasting a rez, or hesitating a bit to see if your Red Mage with >75% MP will pick it up first.

Set audible ACT triggers for when teammate rezzes if you can. MP saved is MP earned.

Use Swiftcast for more than just for rezzing

Needless to say, a Swiftcast used to prevent a death is better than one used to repair a death. You save on MP and they don’t get rez weakness. On one hand, you don’t want to be 100% reliant on Swiftcast to beat a phase because there are times where you may need to quickly rez somebody. On the other hand, popping Swiftcast to stabilize an unstable situation, or even to prevent an unstable situation from occuring can be the smartest play.

When playing with a Red Mage or Summoner you can depend on, you’re also more freely able to use Swiftcast in such situations, without fear that you won’t have a means to rez someone who died to stupid.

Also, it’s okay to use Swiftcast for damage. As long as the risk of someone dying shortly afterwards is low and/or manageable. Swiftcast used for damage is generally either to allow a damage spell to be cast while moving, or used to prevent cast bar clipping with an off an oGCD. For example, using Swiftcast can be great on a scholar to weave ED, SF etc.

DPS
    Be consistent with the timing of your party buffs

Don’t only think of your cooldowns as things you should be popping as soon as they’re available. Instead, think of those cooldowns as things you should be using at very specific times in the fight. While it’s true that you want to use them as often as possible, you also want to use them when they’re most effective.

Party buffs, such as Trick Attack, Hypercharge, Battle Litany, and Devotion, all augment your teammates' damage output. Moreover, they compound with each other for a massive boost in party DPS. All of these buffs’ cooldowns are multiples of 60 seconds. For most classes, most of their strongest abilities and personal cooldowns also coincide with 60 second intervals. Making sure these cooldowns line up with each other is key to optimizing damage.

Inconsistent and awkward buff timings result in misaligned cooldowns which result in a party-wide damage loss. Remember, every 1-2% wipe can be traced to the sum of every little advantage that you failed to capitalize on. Offensive cooldown management is a huge part of this.

This applies to Scholar and Astrologian as well.

Respect your healers’ AoE heal ranges

Speaking as a (former) healer main, nothing triggers a healer more than ranged DPS who don’t care about your heal ranges. It may be convenient for you to stand off in Narnia and turret DPS, but our heals need to be able to reach you to keep you alive.

Asylum, Collective Unconscious, Earthly Star and Cure III have limited ranges. Good healers will try to accomodate you and not use these abilities if it can’t reach the whole party, but if there’s there’s no reason for you to be out of range, you should make an effort to get into range.

Missing an AoE heal due to a poorly timed Displacement or a poorly placed Leylines can result missed AoE heals, putting unnecessary stress on healers or putting you in danger.

Put some thought into utility skills

Unlike tanks and healers, DPS role in the party is almost purely offensive. However, every DPS job in the game (yes, even Samurai) has something they can use to help their party defensively.

Many DPS mains ignore these abilities or use them willy-nilly just for the sake of using them. If you want to help your healers out, identify common pressure points for incoming damage is important for using abilities like Addle, Feint, Apoc, and Palisade. If you’re unsure, ask your healers.

Monk Mantra is good for incoming heavy AoE damage, but a “drive-by Mantra” placed on a tank before tank busters is also underrated and very effective. Summoners’ should understand when Addle is more valuable for mitigating magic damage than for an extra Wyrmwave. Red Mages who don’t rez are scum. Manashift can help get your healers out of sticky situations.

High DPS aside, I’m always impressed by DPS players who make a point to coordinate with their teammates to use these abilities effectively.

Your DPS does not increase with distance

If you have nothing to avoid, then stand in melee range and whack it with your staff/bow/book. This helps the healers, makes sure that you get hit by all the buffs. Also, many group heals centered on the healer are applied outwards in a spiral around the healer. If you are at max range, you can end up not receiving a clutch heal in time while the rest of the raid group does.

Aggro is your job to manage as well

With the upcoming buff to diversion, aggro management is part of the DPS job to allow higher dps for the entire group. After the tank does 1-2 aggro combos for the opener, they shouldn't have to do any more unless aggro gets lost via death/grand cross-like resets. You can basically negate all your aggro generation using diversion, so make sure you use that, and casters/ranged/drg can all half their aggro (dragoons used elusive jump to move for mechanics, saves you time and reduces aggro.

Caedwyr on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Prelim patch notes are out.

Wars got a huge list of changes but it boils down to this:
    The whole Berserk/Inner Release cycle has been removed. It's now a simple single buff state that last for 10s on a 90s that makes all actions critically, and direct hit.
    Berserk now upgrades into Inner Release at level 70, and Inner Release changes from halving rage costs to removing them entirely for that 10s duration. It can also be used while in Defiance and with Unchained. So basically Berserk gets upgraded, the link between Inner Release and Unchained is broken

The damage buff of Storm's Eye has been halved to 10% similar to the change made to DRG. Likewise, the potencies of a lot of actions were increased, but not enough to counteract the 10% reduction in the damage buff on a pure potency basis. Hence, WAR damage should be a bit lower on a consistent basis, but your damage spike is going to be pretty big and every 90s without fail if you hit it on CD. Side note though, the removal of the AP buff on Berserk and it being just a damage multiplier means that Equilibrium was indirectly nerfed. However Unchained being usable whenever just means that WARs are going to be in Defiance for a few GCDs again in the opener and they'll continue to be aggro monsters.

What this then means is WAR DPS optimisation IMHO is going to be far easier. No need to manage rage for those 60s cycles on Berserk and every time IR comes up on that 90s timer, you just whip out 5 Fell Cleaves that'll bang out stupidly big chunk numbers. Defensively, Warriors get their entire toolkit back, which means IMHO they're going to be very good when they need to get defensive because they won't sacrifice too much damage so long as they get their fell cleaves out on the 90s mark. I'm not going to make a call on secondary stat priorities for WARs but I suspect DH will be out for them.

PLDs got a very slight nerf in potencies specifically on Holy Spirit. Shield Swipe wasn't anything to consider so whatever. DRKs got a 2s duration increase on Blackest Night which I hear from a friend is a very good QoL improvement for timing stuff as well as a reduction in CD for Delirium.

DPS side of things, SMNs got a very slight nerf in single target potency. AoE potency via Tri-Bind was hit fairly hard (100 -> 70 potency). BLM buff to Fire IV is only 20 = 7.7% buff in F4 potencies so time will tell if the increased mobility via the 10s Aetherial Manip will make a difference to their lack-lustre performance relative to SMN

WHMs no longer need a lily for Divine Benison (which is a HUGE change) and AST's Spear card is no longer the black sheep having its duration increased to 30s like everything else. SCHs get the excog change that was mentioned in the Live Letter and that's about it for the healer side of things

Curious to note is that Silence effects from Interject and Head Graze now apply faster, which indicates to me there's going to be more emphasis on silences. Or at least make them more reliable.

Edit:
    Napkin maths (not mine) is indicating a potency gain for WARs with the 4.2 changes.
    My gut feeling is that the top end where everything magically aligns for the pre-4.2 Berserk IR windows will be impossible to beat with the 4.2 IR, however there'll be more consistent IRs that'll trounce the current non-IR zerks quite handily along with the QoL improvements of banging out everything in 10s and not being chained to being on a specific GCD for things to work. In any case, this will probably head off the expected crazy scaling WARs were going to get so really just a retuning and making sure things don't break before the next expansion and overhaul.

Takel on
  • Options
    That TBN buff is nice. And I'll appreciate being able to use Delirium more often.

Making Silence easier to apply in a hurry is nice. Now make Silent Dusk actually work.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    That TBN buff is nice. And I'll appreciate being able to use Delirium more often.

Making Silence easier to apply in a hurry is nice. Now make Silent Dusk actually work.

It will never work. :(

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
This discussion has been closed.