As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PUBG] Now On Mobile: Chicken Dinner On The Go!!!

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Had a weird bug last night where all of my inputs aside from mouse/look and esc stopped working.

• Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Dressed for success (spoilered for big)
    r8TuBcd.jpg

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Ooh, I'd been wondering about getting a PUBG shirt, but I couldn't think of one. Turns out I missed the most obvious option!

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Ooh, I'd been wondering about getting a PUBG shirt, but I couldn't think of one. Turns out I missed the most obvious option!

Get a yellow tracksuit.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Had a weird bug last night where all of my inputs aside from mouse/look and esc stopped working.

If that happens again, try pressing Alt. I've had a similar issue before where "freelook" is locked for one reason or another, so it thinks you're holding down alt.

• Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    T-shirt was a good omen
    5SiGzhE.jpg

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options

Get a yellow tracksuit.
    NEVER

• Options
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-16/tencent-cracks-down-on-cheats-in-world-s-top-selling-video-game?
    Tencent Holdings Ltd. is going after the cheaters and hackers that infest PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds as it prepares to bring the world’s top-selling game to China.

Ahead of its official debut this year, the biggest gaming company on the planet has enlisted Chinese police to root out the underground rings that make and sell cheat software. It’s helped law enforcement agents uncover at least 30 cases and arrest 120 people suspected of designing programs that confer unfair advantages from X-Ray vision (see-through walls) to auto-targeting (uncannily accurate snipers). Those convicted in the past have done jail time.

Tencent and game developer Bluehole Inc. have a lot riding on cleaning things up for China, which accounted for more than half the game’s 27 million users, according to online tracker Steam Spy. It’s also the biggest source of cheat software, undermining a Battle Royale-style phenom that shattered gaming records in 2017 and surpassed best-sellers like Grand Theft Auto V. The proliferation of shenanigans threatens to drive away first-time users vital to its longer-term growth.

Yet they continue to thrive. The game’s message boards are riddled with complaints about mysteriously indestructible opponents. Software rings ingeniously treat its league tables like free ad space: as of Tuesday, eight of PUBG’s top 10 players bear names such as “contact QQ574352672,” ironically a private account on Tencent’s own QQ messaging service through which enterprising players can procure cheat software. One vendor offered a 100 yuan ($15) program called “Jue Ying” or extreme shadow that, among other things, obscures players and grants a birds-eye view of the battleground. Another QQ dealer sent notices to customers warning them to “maintain control and keep your kills within 15 people per game,” presumably to avoid detection.

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    EvmaAlsar wrote: »
    T-shirt was a good omen
    5SiGzhE.jpg
    Sometimes I'm the tactician
    AB49E48DF6FDF464BFFF1D4411D81A8CC2FF43B9
    Sometimes I'm the muscle
    4865C2E4F89081EDC5430F7BEE3E5C5913FC696A

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Always throw your frag grenades. Better you use them early than never use them and give them to your killer.

I had a game a week ago where I ended up with 5 or 6. Ended up using most of them in what amounted to a minigame of Worms: I fired at a vehicle trying to run me over, followed it over a hill, and failed to snipe the driver as he tried to back track to me.

I was behind a rock he was behind ahis vehicle, every time he tried to get in I'd shoot at him and he'd go for cover. So instead we started tossing frags back and forth.

• Options
    Once one person throws a grenade, everyone nearby realises "oh, yeah, I've got grenades too" and it starts off a chain reaction.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Smoke tends to be the one I forget. More than one time I've died then realized I should have used smoke and probably could have lived.

• Options
    Ash of YewAsh of Yew Registered User regular
    Throwing smokes is second nature to me from playing DayZ, I pick up every one I see. As soon as anyone goes down, I throw smoke on them. If we're moving in a fight, I throw smokes. Heck I just throw smokes randomly in fights some times, I like to say "just giving them something to look at."

Some times its better to throw the smoke on the enemy instead of yourself too.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Really you should be minimizing the number of times that you hit yourself with smoke. If you're actually within the smoke, 98% of the time you're doing it wrong and just blinding yourself. You should be placing the smoke between you and the shooter to provide safer avenues of movement.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Okay, finally got my first Chicken Dinner in Duo FPP. Hell of a game, here's the rundown:

We decided to hop out early and head for the Base, but got cold feet and instead landed on the radio tower on the south island. We grabbed some stuff but not much of anything, and see the circle is up by the Shooting Range. We have to hustle across the bridge up north and find a buggy. We don't have time to scavenge before the circle shrinks again, tighter around the Shooting Range.

We (and by that I mean me) flip the truck and we both nearly die from the damage. We hastily heal up and hustle to the next town. No ammo and lots of enemy gunfire around, and scramble up past the town and find a new car. We beeline to several houses nearby but find almost all occupied with less than friendly hosts. We find a random isolated house, 2 floors, and make our way inside. The circle is closing on us and forcing a team towards the house. We open fire from the roof but it only has a small window and just invite more fire in return.

Circle shrinks again, and it's smack dab right on our house. Gun fights outside ring out as the numbers drop, 20 and then down to 15.

A single player runs in our ground floor. Runs up the stairs and... me and my friend kill him instantly, shotgun to the face. We grab his ammo which thankfully the same type as our guns, and move downstairs. 10 players left, and cars are converging on our house. More guns go off outside. 4 Players left. Circle refuses to budge from our house, so we wait. My friend downs a guy out the window, and next thing we know grenades are coming through each room's window. We have to run around quickly to dodge the explosives but manage to stay in the house. He starts making his way to the front door...

https://youtu.be/9Gft_rAAM38

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    And yes, my wireless controller died seconds after getting the final kill

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Really you should be minimizing the number of times that you hit yourself with smoke. If you're actually within the smoke, 98% of the time you're doing it wrong and just blinding yourself. You should be placing the smoke between you and the shooter to provide safer avenues of movement.

Yeah I mean you generally smoke yourself to retreat/move or pick some one up. Not smoke yourself and sit in it trying to shoot lol, didn't think I'd have to clarify that...

Although I did have 0 cover one game recently and the new smoke is somewhat effect as a make shift giant "bush" since it's now consistent across clients and low and thick. Though in that situation they just have to spray the whole thing and you're toast any ways.

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Sometimes just checking corners isn't enough.
    rv9k0q48ceic.jpg

We knew he was in town somewhere but searched the whole place and never found him. He popped out later on once the circle closed off and our team was fighting off a group on the southern slopes.
    bh0b5l9c3sxm.jpg

Luckily we were spread out enough that he took out one of our guys and then I dropped him.
    9yvn9hc67ibd.jpg

Kelor on
  • Options
    Those crates are in nearly every garage and in most barns. Very good hidey holes, if your opponent doesn't know about them.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I was not aware you could squeeze in behind that one, it's really tight up against the wall.

• Options
    Isn't vaulting magical?

• Options
    KorhedronKorhedron Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    EvmaAlsar wrote: »
    T-shirt was a good omen
    5SiGzhE.jpg
    Sometimes I'm the tactician
    AB49E48DF6FDF464BFFF1D4411D81A8CC2FF43B9
    Sometimes I'm the muscle
    4865C2E4F89081EDC5430F7BEE3E5C5913FC696A

BP-Numbers for the last one is not a surprise. A certain entity "down south" approves of teargathering of this level. Winning with a grenade is just points for style

Korhedron on
    These are the stories of Dwarf Fortress. Legends have been forged there, and meticulousy gathered in one mighty hub: http://dfstories.com/start-here/
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    So how are people here currently grouping up for this? I'd like to get in some squad games....

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    AFAIK easiest way is to add people on steam and join up via discord or something.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »

The more I watch this the more it is wtf.

Did they not hear the car coming?

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    @No Great Name @Heroth
    I think we ran into your group tonight. It was about an hour ago, we went Cruz de Valle, and two of you drove up a little after the drop. I got two SCAR knocks (bad luck not having helmets by that point), and we moved from the church to cross the road. We thought the rest of your team was over there getting the revive. It ended up being very lucky because we normally are not that aggressive, and your flank would have wiped us.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Just posting to express my frustration with the current bugged killfeed. It makes playing squad terribly difficult as you don't see important events happen. It's not just one problem, it seems like several, the feed is backwards, with the most recent event being the most transparent, and my kills/knocks don't appear (well, they do, but in the large font that you normally see in the center of your screen, this makes them too big to display, sometimes I can see the tops of the letters but most of the time it is hidden), and other people's kills/knocks will not appear either. It will usually appear after another kill or two happens, meaning I will get the notification of a teammate knocking a person after I get the notification for them killing them.

Also, something needs to be done about the hackers.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    @No Great Name @Heroth
    I think we ran into your group tonight. It was about an hour ago, we went Cruz de Valle, and two of you drove up a little after the drop. I got two SCAR knocks (bad luck not having helmets by that point), and we moved from the church to cross the road. We thought the rest of your team was over there getting the revive. It ended up being very lucky because we normally are not that aggressive, and your flank would have wiped us.

Haha, yeah if i'm remembering the name correctly (i haven't mastered the new map yet... come to think of it, i haven't mastered the old one).

Was mostly just bad luck on our teams part, one of us had to go AFK so missed the drop by a decent amount and i hadn't yet fully figured out how to 'glide' so fell fairly short of the drop point (although Doomy and i did some duo's after were he taught me how to get the max distance wise, so i should be good form now on!)

And the last two (duld and doomy, not sure of there names on here...) Had crap luck with loot.

It didn't help that instead of getting cover i just *stood* in the middle of the road taking shots at you... didn't even go fully prone like you did! ah well, i'm having fun and slowly learning.

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    Beeing the lone survivor in the group and pulling the pin on a grenade and running into an occupied house is the greatest feeling.

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    @No Great Name @Heroth
    I knew I recognized the name. I can't believe I missed my kar shots on you. Your head didn't want to be shot! You went on to win that game right??

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Heroth wrote: »

Haha, yeah if i'm remembering the name correctly (i haven't mastered the new map yet... come to think of it, i haven't mastered the old one).

Was mostly just bad luck on our teams part, one of us had to go AFK so missed the drop by a decent amount and i hadn't yet fully figured out how to 'glide' so fell fairly short of the drop point (although Doomy and i did some duo's after were he taught me how to get the max distance wise, so i should be good form now on!)

And the last two (duld and doomy, not sure of there names on here...) Had crap luck with loot.

It didn't help that instead of getting cover i just *stood* in the middle of the road taking shots at you... didn't even go fully prone like you did! ah well, i'm having fun and slowly learning.

Ahh, some groups like to split up during the initial loot, I figured you didn't see us drop with you. We basically only had pistols before we crossed the road to the church, we were super worried that you guys were going to rush us. And yea, my buddy Telset was the one that went prone mid fight, and I think he was as surprised as you that it worked.
    I knew I recognized the name. I can't believe I missed my kar shots on you. Your head didn't want to be shot! You went on to win that game right??

Ha yeah, when I finally noticed exactly where you were sniping from, I realized how lucky I got. We actually did go on and win that game. We took a truck to the other edge of the circle, got someone stuck inside a forklift, got a little lucky with circle placement, and waited until other teams were engaged before we made our moves.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I missed a PA party, so i decided to jump into a quick solo match to muck about, practice my jumping a bit, maybe explore the map a little...

So jumped almost immediately from the plane on the border of the desert map and punched out as far as i could north... just so happened to be above 'el paso'? i think it was and found some decent loot... then i found even more decent loot... then when the blue was coming in i found a buggy... so i said 'screw it, why not?' so i went and became a hermit in the mountains with my buggy for two circles... Then the circles started to favour me and then, with the good circles and some placement and a lot of luck, this happened:
    QXaNoy7.jpg

My first solo! and second over-all!

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    Just posting to express my frustration with the current bugged killfeed. It makes playing squad terribly difficult as you don't see important events happen. It's not just one problem, it seems like several, the feed is backwards, with the most recent event being the most transparent, and my kills/knocks don't appear (well, they do, but in the large font that you normally see in the center of your screen, this makes them too big to display, sometimes I can see the tops of the letters but most of the time it is hidden), and other people's kills/knocks will not appear either. It will usually appear after another kill or two happens, meaning I will get the notification of a teammate knocking a person after I get the notification for them killing them.

Also, something needs to be done about the hackers.

Yeah the kill feed is a buggy mess. I also think the system should be refined a little for team KOs/kills in terms of the messages in the middle of the screen. It's not always immediately clear who just got who in my experience, with situations where a team mate is just finishing off some one else's KO. If they were going for a nonclarity/nonmeta "realistic" sorta situation where it's meant to be obtuse I'd understand, but that's clearly not the case in PUBG.

• Options
    The easiest change that would go a long way is a different color for knock downs, bleeding out/downed kill, and one for a squad wipe.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    The easiest change that would go a long way is a different color for knock downs, bleeding out/downed kill, and one for a squad wipe.

Also I would love a feature to show how much armor you have equipped (I mean in numbers or health bar, like on the HUD when not paused. I know the icons are there)

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

I actually don't want one for a squad wipe. I feel like that info is privileged and belongs only to the team who killed them or saw the guy go down. Also it's one of those things that promotes communication within your squad.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    It already shows a squad wipe. When someone dies instantly it's a sign there's no more in the squad. It's especially noticeable when 3 other players "died finally" at the same time. If there was a difference in presentation between killing a knocked person and instant killing a person then it would be functionally the same as a squad wipe notification.

The biggest issue we have re: wiping teams (that has nothing to do with the current bugged killfeed) is a team mate killing a person who was knocked by another squad. Since it gives the same message "X killed Y" no matter if it is a knock kill or a instant kill it looks like a instant kill and if it isn't properly communicated by the person who killed the knocked person then it will give the rest of the team the impression that a squad was wiped and they can drop their guard.

But that's a issue created by improper team communication, not a faulty killfeed.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    The kill feed also uses the skull icon for "died finally" right? I was just thinking of a way to get that information faster.

My issue is when you down someone and they finally bleed out as you are shooting at someone else. You get a kill notification and think it is for the guy you are shooting at.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Also, the notification for knocking someone, and for killing someone a teammate of yours has already downed, are very similar

Not that they are usually confusing situations, but I feel like the messages should be more distinct

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb