As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Concussions are a State of Mind

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I get that there were some bad calls (like the pass interference) but honestly Jacksonville absolutely fell asleep the second half of this game.

We lost our best player at halftime

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Speaking of which sure hope he can be back by the super bowl

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
  • simosimo Registered User regular
    Not a single holding call the entire game

i wish that happened every game

bugss2.jpg
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular

Pretty much decided the game, Brady had all day to throw in the 2nd half

PSN- AHermano
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I get that there were some bad calls (like the pass interference) but honestly Jacksonville absolutely fell asleep the second half of this game.

We lost our best player at halftime

pretty sure tom brady was still on the field

• KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular

And holding. And holding and holding on the same play that wow what an easy seeming touchdown!

And the other pass interference.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »

this joke would be halfway amusing if it didn't account for the 100 penalty yards NE got on offense.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Rooting so hard for Minnesota at this point.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    it's honestly kind of astonishing
    as a vikings fan my team is 0-4 in the super bowl, the winningest team to never get a ring
    but like, I'm not stressed about this game? i would love to make it but for our team, for this fanbase, the divisional game was probably enough for one year
    i honestly cannot imagine being so hungry for a title that it turns me against the rest of the league

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

this joke would be halfway amusing if it didn't account for the 100 penalty yards NE got on offense.

That's the electoral college.

• SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Super Bowl?

More like Super BORING.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Hermano wrote: »

Pretty much decided the game, Brady had all day to throw in the 2nd half

It helps when you're allowed to tackle the defense

• VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular

That's partly on the refs (Electoral College) failing at their jobs

Additionally,

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/01/myles-jack-fumble-call-whistle-video-touchdown-missed-patriots-jaguars-afc-super-bowl

I was pretty sure he wasn't touched, should have been a touchdown.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »

And holding. And holding and holding on the same play that wow what an easy seeming touchdown!

And the other pass interference.

I'd feel worse about the pass interference but honestly, that's an issue just every game. Chuck the ball far and hope for a pass interference call is something I think happens far too often.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    That was the first football game I've watched in years, with no stake in either team

It felt like watching the WWE at times

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Additionally,

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/01/myles-jack-fumble-call-whistle-video-touchdown-missed-patriots-jaguars-afc-super-bowl

Yeah, that was a weird whistle.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I almost want the Vikings to lose so I can just not watch the Super Bowl.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Amazing how many bad calls there are that end up going for the Patriots

Astonishing really

• ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Additionally,

He stripped it out as he tackled him, wasn’t he down by contact at that point?

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    It really sucks that Wentz got hurt

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm not a conspiracy guy at all but...

It's hard to ignore when it happens EVERY TIME in these situations. I still don't believe it but maaaaaaan... I don't know.

Ardol wrote: »
    Additionally,

He stripped it out as he tackled him, wasn’t he down by contact at that point?

didn't recover until he was separated, and was never touched again. they're supposed to let those plays continue and check it in review, especially with it called a fumble on the field.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    #StillWithBlake #TheResistance

Yeah, regardless if he's down you don't blow the whistle until the play is definitely over there.

Just another place they got hosed.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Millie and Phil should fuck

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Remember that time people thought the Jaguars were gonna win?

I mean, they were almost right.

i honestly secretly hope the eagles lose this game by 50 so i can turn it off and not watch the super bowl.

can't deal with them losing in the super bowl to the patriots on a bunch of bullshit, it will actually kill me.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    The issue to me is, whether intentional or not, the refs took control of that game and that's not good for any game.

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I never expected us to make it this far, and I know that right now I should be happy that Marrone managed to turn things around, because now I have plenty of reasons to be optimistic about next season.

But this still hurts; it hurts to come so close and lose this way, especially to the fucking Patriots of all teams.

Here's hoping the Vikings or the Eagles win. Though if I'm being honest, I don't particularly care about the Super Bowl, because either way I want us to go back to Gillette next year and deliver an ass whooping so bad, Brady retires on the spot.

[IMG][/img]
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I actually can't wait for the first time a major call will actually go against the Patriots.

None of us will have any idea what to do.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I'm not a conspiracy guy at all but...

It's hard to ignore when it happens EVERY TIME in these situations. I still don't believe it but maaaaaaan... I don't know.

There's no conspiracy obviously but it seems clear there's an unconscious bias that goes on because the Patriots have this reputation of being extremely professional and well-coached, so any benefit of the doubt call goes their way

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I never expected us to make it this far, and I know that right now I should be happy that Marrone managed to turn things around, because now I have plenty of reasons to be optimistic about next season.

But this still hurts; it hurts to come so close and lose this way, especially to the fucking Patriots of all teams.

Here's hoping the Vikings or the Eagles win. Though if I'm being honest, I don't particularly care about the Super Bowl, because either way I want us to go back to Gillette next year and deliver an ass whooping so bad, Brady retires on the spot.

"How did the Jaguars even manage to smuggle that many hammers onto the field?!"

lol belichick does not give one shit about the Lamar hunt trophy

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Nirya wrote: »
    I actually can't wait for the first time a major call will actually go against the Patriots.

None of us will have any idea what to do.

it won't happen until they're bad again, and by then nobody will give a shit.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Jags have a great chance at being better next year. Sign Bridgewater or Eli. Get Robinson back.

They'll be here again.

Maximum wrote: »
    Jags have a great chance at being better next year. Sign Bridgewater or Eli. Get Robinson back.

They'll be here again.

Gettleman says he wants to keep Eli.

I hope they do. Draft a QB and let him play behind Eli for most of the year.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    crossing my fingers that millions of people turned football off when Bortles failed on 4th down

This discussion has been closed.