As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Concussions are a State of Mind

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Jags have a great chance at being better next year. Sign Bridgewater or Eli. Get Robinson back.

They'll be here again.

Gettleman says he wants to keep Eli.

I hope they do. Draft a QB and let him play behind Eli for most of the year.

Bortles goes to NYG and wins super bowl over Brady

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Jags have a great chance at being better next year. Sign Bridgewater or Eli. Get Robinson back.

They'll be here again.

Gettleman says he wants to keep Eli.

I hope they do. Draft a QB and let him play behind Eli for most of the year.

Bortles goes to NYG and wins super bowl over Brady

I'll take THE GOAT on my team.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Anyway I've been following the Jags for like 13 years now and that was far and away the best season, way better than I'd expected, the defense has been a blast to watch

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Odd thing about this game: did bortles run once

I had figured that would be a real difference maker

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular

They'll be here again.

I think lots of teams with similar success have thought this and not been back, so it's little comfort here.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    reminder that this is the 20th anniversary (plus four days) of the 1998 NFC Championship Game

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Odd thing about this game: did bortles run once

I had figured that would be a real difference maker

About the only time he looked close was on the fail flicker, but he ended up throwing anyway

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Maybe if the Vikings lose they'll shut the state down because everyone is too sad so I won't have to go to work.

Alternatively, if they win, they could do the same because of hangovers.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

They'll be here again.

I think lots of teams with similar success have thought this and not been back, so it's little comfort here.

Teams with good young defenses like this tend to stick around for a few years. Not saying super bowl or bust, but 10 wins a year sounds good.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

They'll be here again.

Apparently, Eli isn't going anywhere. Both he and Gettleman have both, at least outwardly, mentioned him being a Giant next year.

• Options

They'll be here again.

Teams with good young defenses like this tend to stick around for a few years. Not saying super bowl or bust, but 10 wins a year sounds good.

I'd say they can expect to at least have a nice 3 year window like the similarly built broncos did

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Thing I was thinking about today: It's kinda crazy to me that this Eagles team that everyone thought Chip Kelly had completely decimated with the moves he made are one win from the Super Bowl just 2 years removed from him being shitcanned.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    I want the eagles to win because, I mean, Eagles.

But I kind of want the Eagles to lose, but only with the help of horrendous calls that basically spot the Vikings 14 free points.

Mainly because boy if you thought the fun "Wait why do the Vikings and Patriots show up as having gone to the Super Bowl and why is the NFL tweeting out that they're going to the Super Bowl when the championship games haven't happened yet" conspiracy shit was just all fun and games...

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

They'll be here again.

I'd say they can expect to at least have a nice 3 year window like the similarly built broncos did

The Broncos got a Super Bowl win and another AFC Championship out of that run.

I'd say Jacksonville fans would be ecstatic about that outcome.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    The bar that we are in just erupted in applause at the eagle flying across the stadium.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Goose! wrote: »
    Thing I was thinking about today: It's kinda crazy to me that this Eagles team that everyone thought Chip Kelly had completely decimated with the moves he made are one win from the Super Bowl just 2 years removed from him being shitcanned.

roseman was the gm of the year for a reason.

also stole a franchise qb from the browns which i'd actually be excited for this game if he wasn't hurt :/

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    yea this is how i expected this game to go.

somehow the best team in the league at stopping the run suddenly can't tackle anyone. sounds like philadelphia.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Case keenum with a sweet block

• Options
    qCcygEj_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

What he's hiding under that hoodie

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

Moobs?

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Brady has the rings but Brees has better stats

• Options
    Damn, actually getting 6 on an opening drive? That's a weird feeling

• Options

Moobs?

Moobs.

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

Vikings have apparently done it 5 straight weeks.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    the field is fucking awful today. someone's gonna get hurt. been too cold.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Nirya wrote: »

Vikings have apparently done it 5 straight weeks.

They've scored, yeah

6 is different

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    This might be the UCF homer in me, but I hope the Jags keep Blake as the starter next season.

I still think Gus Bradley deserves the lion's share of the blame for his inconsistent play over the last couple of years, and I want to see what he can do once Marrone's had the chance to tighten up the offense over the offseason.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    lol foles. literally all you have to do is throw the ball in bounds.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Lol Philly

Have a feeling Pederson learned a little too much from Andy.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    lol foles. literally all you have to do is throw the ball in bounds.

To be fair, that first big pass should have been a catch.

• Options
    This might be the UCF homer in me, but I hope the Jags keep Blake as the starter next season.

I still think Gus Bradley deserves the lion's share of the blame for his inconsistent play over the last couple of years, and I want to see what he can do once Marrone's had the chance to tighten up the offense over the offseason.

they needed to stop running the ball up the middle into 9 guys.

it was embarrassing.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

Imo they need to either trust Blake to do stuff or get a new QB

He didn't have a turnover in 3 games

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

Fortunately, nobody did

• Options
    literally zero penalties on offense or defense.

that probably hasn't happened in much longer than 2011.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Hm

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Keenum pays the price for his shitty throws.

Nevermind Long hit him

Raijin Quickfoot on
This discussion has been closed.