As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Concussions are a State of Mind

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    troy, how is it the good news that they ruled it a touchdown so doug peterson doesn't have to challenge the call.

it would then be incomplete, and be the right call, and he wouldn't have to challenge.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    EVERYTHING IS COMING UP MILHOUSE

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    troy, how is it the good news that they ruled it a touchdown so doug peterson doesn't have to challenge the call.

it would then be incomplete, and be the right call, and he wouldn't have to challenge.

It's good for the refs to reverse a call every now and then so they show humility.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »
    Why not kick that? Are you kidding me?

I feel like they always lose if they take 3 here.

They get a TD it's a 3 possession game. If they get a FG it's a 3 possession game. With 21 minutes left that's doable.

No points and they're still at 4 possessions and that brings the shot down a lot.

It's good for the refs to reverse a call every now and then so they show humility.

I mean, ed's already having a bad game cause he's barely been on TV the entire time.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular

Ehh I like going for it. The way this game is going he Vikings can’t afford to try a bunch slow long drives for only fgs.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm waiting for the inevitable apology about the Myles Jack fumble recovery.

Like it fucking means anything.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular

Ehh I like going for it. The way this game is going he Vikings can’t afford to try a bunch slow long drives for only fgs.

FG on this drive is a good call. Can't on other drives though. No points on this drive means NO field goal on other drives

did nick foles and carson wentz do some freaky friday shit.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    simo wrote: »
    there were 2 offensive holding calls in all 4 games last week

there has been no holding calls in the game that's on now

they call holds less in the playoffs

that is an extremely good thing

When it benefits your team*

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    I thought the Vikings had the best defense in the NFL?

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    i hope the writer who came up with the "what's a computer" line feels deep and profound shame every time this commercial comes on.

I'm sure it's not the intention, but that line kinda comes across as rude and petty.

Like, "Oh ho ho, this is a TABLET not a computer!"

(To which the lady responds, "Tablets ARE computers. So are smartphones, nowadays. Oh, and an Apple computer IS a PC. Quit lying in the grass. Do you want ants in your house? Because that's how you get ants.")

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Good thing they greased the poles

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

Never seen them in the playoffs, huh

WeedLordVegeta on
    Good thing they greased the poles

it doesn't really work, but i think they like to pretend "well at least we tried"

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Can’t remember Hochuli’s crew ever keeping their flags in their pockets like they have.today. They’re typically super flag-happy. That said, I don’t remember seeing much from either team that should have been penalized. It’s been a pretty clean game

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular

The only Vikings playoff game I remember involved Favre. It didn't end well for them.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Can’t remember Hochuli’s crew ever keeping their flags in their pockets like they have.today. They’re typically super flag-happy. That said, I don’t remember seeing much from either team that should have been penalized. It’s been a pretty clean game

the only call i saw maybe was a pi in the endzone on the eagles, but the ball was basically thrown out of bounds so that'd be a rough one.

aeNqQM9.jpg

The only Vikings playoff game I remember involved Favre. It didn't end well for them.

That’s how they all end, at least.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    MPbX6OD.jpg

Hey, they could score the rare 30 point touchdown...

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Get the cheerleaders out there to break up that fight

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Comeback Case has em just where he wants em.

Turns out the Viking were just spotting them some points to up the drama factor.

It was really cute watching the kicker try to get in there and push guys apart.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Not even close to their worst loss

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I love how insane these Taco Bell commercials are. Also they have like...weirdly high production value.

This sums it up for me

17zodhnhapmz.jpg

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I love how insane these Taco Bell commercials are. Also they have like...weirdly high production value.

That one was amazing.

they seem like a commercial they wanted to run for the super bowl but the scheduling of the fry launch didn't work out right.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular

It had the guy from Transformers!

edited January 2018
    please to stop dumb personal fouls thx.

edit: actually that was a really weak flag nevermind.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »

Mmhmm.

I don't mind refs keeping their flags in their pockets if teams arent committing flagrant fouls. It's when there ARE flagrant fouls and the refs keep their flags in their pockets.

Jerome Boger's team during Super Bowl XLVII, I'm looking at you.

(Carey Williams wasn't ejected for shoving an official. There were a few other bad non-calls. Also controversy over Boger even being selected as the Superbowl Ref even though he had one of the lowest ratings among officials, leading some to believe he and his team were given the job under the condition they keep their flags in their pockets)

How does Case keep getting away with those dumb throws!

Ooooh Altered Carbon show

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Me on that 4th down:

Chuck it!

I mean chuck it to a player!

I mean a player on your team!

Come on Eagles fans. You don't have to mock the other team by doing their chant.

Have some class.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Class from Philly...

the vikings have a good chant so maybe they're just jealous tbh. I'm not a big fan of e-a-g-l-e-s eagles.

oh look, an offensive holding.

i thought that was legal now.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    A lot of them were apparently chanting “Foles”, which makes it acceptable (and funny) imo.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    Well, this was the saddest party I've ever been to.

At least I ate too much.

This discussion has been closed.