As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Concussions are a State of Mind

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Foles is legit

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Foles is only intermittently legit, which makes games like this feel like even more of a blessing. Here’s hoping we get Good Nick again in two weeks

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    been that sort of game for the vikings.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    The bartender just handed our area of the bar a shot and called it "Painted Green" but I'm pretty sure it was just Midori

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018

EDIT: Eagles/Patriots was the worst case scenario. Guess I'll be spending SB Sunday doing anyfuckingthingelse.

Goose! on
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Good luck to those who watch the ads and see the SB-exclusive Bud Light "philly philly" dilly dilly ad

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I believe in Nick Foles

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I doubt they'd ever make an ad that catered to just one half of the game's fanbase, as the saying Jordan may or may not have uttered goes, Republicans buy sneakers, too.

Welp, time to go slather a Seattle streetlight pole with Crisco I guess

Goose! wrote: »

EDIT: Eagles/Patriots was the worst case scenario. Guess I'll be spending SB Sunday doing anyfuckingthingelse.

Yea, Foles is gonna throw like 15 ints in minnesota. somehow all to james harrison because the world is terrible.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This is the second time I've seen this Super Bowl and I hated it the first time too.

This is the second time I've seen this Super Bowl and I hated it the first time too.

not as much as I did. nor as much as I will.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

I don't know. I'm a Giants fan. This is a division rival and a team from Boston.

I don't know. I'm a Giants fan. This is a division rival and a team from Boston.

yea i know. but you beat the patriots when you play them in the super bowl.

we do not.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I'll tell myself that the interior line of Philly can disrupt the New England offense enough to give them a chance, but I'd be lying.

A division rival and a blood feud.

• hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    PHILADELPHIA IS CANCELLED

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'll be extremely surprised if the Patriots don't just embarrass the Eagles

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I wanted jags vikings so bad

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    the Patriots are the favorites I assume

Maximum wrote: »
    I'll tell myself that the interior line of Philly can disrupt the New England offense enough to give them a chance, but I'd be lying.

Not if they call the game like NE/JAX.

They’re incredibly good but nobody is that good.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    I wanted jags vikings so bad

In order of preference, my preference for potential super bowls was:

1: Jags/Eagles
    2: Jags/Vikings
    3: The AFC suddenly ceases to exist and somehow we get Eagles/Vikings
    4: They introduce a 3-team triangular stadium and new rules for 3 teams playing each other, Eagles/Jags/Vikings
    5: Football is cancelled forever
    6: Canucks/Leafs

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    I'm glad another NFL season is over.

No more games to play, no sir!

~3 weeks from pitchers and catchers reporting.

One last post then I have to get my shit together and go play hockey.

Ahhhhhhhh, now for the classic, "OUR TEAM WON! LET'S DESTROY THE CITY AND ACT LIKE FUCKING IDIOTS!"

Always flip cop cars

Chuck, no!

• Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    Most of the time the world doesn't shake out quite the right way. Sure things fall through at the worst times, promised improvements never end up coming though, and moments that should be incredible end up feeling empty and hollow. So often the story of the real world is equal parts boring and cruel. The expected happens more than it feels like it should, and the few times something genuinely different happens it seems like it does so in the worst possible way and at the worst times.

But every once in a very long while something happens like the Eagles having another shot at winning their first Superbowl, against the most celebrated dynasty in the history of the sport. Who is leading this team in this heroic endeavor to slay this figurative dragon both for his team and the rest of the NFL you ask? Why it's Elite Quarterback Nick Foles that's who!

It's almost assured that this will end in complete disaster, that the odds will end up the way they always do, the house will win and the only result will be familiar disappoint of things going the exact way you thought they would when you least wanted them to.

But just imagine if the hero who saves his team's season, brings the Eagles to the promised land after more than half a century of heartache, the guy Philadelphia fans will have a fucking statue of and tell their kids about until the day they die and the guy who dives a stake through the heat of the Patriot dynasty is...

Nick

goddamn

Foles

This is the world I want to live in, the world I want to believe can be real.

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    This sums it up for me

17zodhnhapmz.jpg

This is like watching the zapruder film and pausing it to show where you can see Lyndon Johnson on the grassy knoll.

I never noticed this until just now

the cowboys thing is amusing, but it's I was mostly interested in parity/any given sunday in the nfl being dead? 9/10 #1 seeds making the super bowl is kinda nuts in a league that is supposed to be so random.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I never noticed this until just now

the cowboys thing is amusing, but it's I was mostly interested in parity/any given sunday in the nfl being dead? 9/10 #1 seeds making the super bowl is kinda nuts in a league that is supposed to be so random.

i could've sworn there were a bunch of low seeds, especially like 6 seeds, winning in a row. but I guess that was around the steelers' and giants' last super bowls. i'm just old

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    wooo now I don't have to watch the Super Bowl

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I hope Millie is ok.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    This sums it up for me

17zodhnhapmz.jpg

This is like watching the zapruder film and pausing it to show where you can see Lyndon Johnson on the grassy knoll.

While this is pretty damn impressive, if the Jag's didn't fuck up with that Delay of Game after that time out at the end of the half they probably would have won that game regardless.

It was, at MINIMUM a full 7, probably 10 point swing, since the completion would have allowed them to bleed the clock and kick a field goal since they were in range, and would have denied Brady the two minute drill that got them the touchdown.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I can't even be excited for my guy nick foles being in the superbowl. now we get to see the "greatest" dynasty go "win" the superbowl with the "greatest" quarterback and then top it off with a nice trump tweet about how their margin of victory was almost as big as his which is actually a good comparison with how legitimate those two things are

This discussion has been closed.