As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Politics.

@Brody

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Trade

@MrBody

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    I tried fixing up the listed VP sources. Does everything look right or was something missed?

2 TG to Jol-nar

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    MrBody wrote: »
    I tried fixing up the listed VP sources. Does everything look right or was something missed?

@MrBody, If you're putting points from the Imperial Strategy card under the Objectives list, I received 1 VP that way. (I should have 5 total, which you list correctly.)

Hedgethorn on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Elvenshae's VP from the Imperial Rider also hasn't been added to the total count yet, either; I think they should now be at 6 VP.

I'm also still a little bothered that Letnev's Secret Objective has been accounted in the "Objectives" section while everyone else's Secret Objectives are in their personal listings. I would argue that "Support of the Throne" should also go in the "Objectives" section, but at least it's consistent that they're all listed with their owning players?

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Updated with (hopefully) all sources of VP listed in the objectives section, including laws and support for the throne notes.

edited January 2018
    Round 6 - Action Phase

Map
    vvJSFWRm.png
    full map

(unit visual reference)
    (max component restrictions per player: 8 destroyers, 8 cruisers, 4 carriers, 5 dreadnoughts, 2 war suns, 5 PDS, 3 space docks)

Objectives
    Public
    I - Lead from the Front - Spend a total of 3 tokens from your strategy and/or tactics pool. 1 VP Jol-Nar
    I - Diversify Research - Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors. 1 VP Creuss
    I- Develop Weaponry - Own 2 unit upgrade technologies. 1 VP Creuss Letnev L1z1x
    I- Negotiate Trade Routes - Spend 5 trade goods. 1 VP Jol-Nar Letnev Winnu
    I- Erect a Monument - Spend 8 resources. 1 VP Letnev Jol-Nar Arborec L1z1x
    II- Manipulate Galactic Law- Spend 16 influence. 2 VP Jol-Nar
    II- Form Galactic Brain Trust- Control 5 planets with technology specialties. 2 VP
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II - ???

Secret
    Letnev Spark a rebellion - Win a combat against a player who has the most victory points. 1 VP
    Winnu Gather a Mighty Fleet - Have 5 dreadnoughts on the board. 1 VP
    L1z1x - Secrets of the Cosmos Have one or more ships in 3 systems that are each adjacent to an anomaly. 1 VP.
    Arborec Become the gatekeeper - Have at least 1 ship in a system containing an alpha wormhole and at least 1 ship in a system containing a beta wormhole. 1 VP

Other
    Creuss- Imperial Rider 1 VP, Custodians 1 VP, Letnev Support from the throne 1 VP
    Letnev- Imperial strategy 1 VP
    Arborec- Imperial strategy 1 VP, Crown of Emphidia 1 VP, Winnu Support for the Throne 1 VP
    Winnu- Arborec Support for the throne 1VP

Victory Track
    MrBlarney - 3
    Elvenshae - 5
    Mojo - 5
    Hedgethorn - 5
    Brody - 5
    Preda - 3
    Technologies
    Ciz5AvY.png

Promissory notes (any player may give these to another. "Black player" is just the example; insert your own color)
    Race specific promissory notes (only the stated race may give these)

Laws
    Research Team: Propulsion (Thibah)
    When the owner of this planet researches technology, they may exhaust this card to ignore 1 blue prerequisite.

Deep Core Mining (Bereg)
    +2 resources on this planet

(Sakulag)
    +1 resources +1 influence

Minister of Commerce (Letnev)
    After the owner of this card replenishes commodities, he gains 1 trade good for each player who is his neighbor.

The Crown of Emphidia (Arborec)
    The elected player gains this card and 1 victory point.
    A player gains this card and 1 victory point if they capture a planet in the owner's home system. Then the previous owner loses 1 victory point.

Player mats

MrBlarney
    7 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    1 claimed- Secrets of the Cosmos Have one or more ships in 3 systems that are each adjacent to an anomaly. 1 VP.
    Creuss promissory: Cease Fire- After the Creuss player activates a system containing your units: The Creuss player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Creuss player
    pB1tBPd.png

Elvenshae
    4 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Letnev promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Letnev's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Letnev player.
    L1z1x promissory: Cease Fire- After the L1z1x player activates a system containing your units: The L1z1x player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the L1z1x player
    Jol-Naw promissory: Research agreement- After the Jol-Nar player researches a technology, you may research the same technology. Then, return this note to the Jol-Nar player
    CXQlePi.png

Mojo
    5 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Arborec promissory: Cease Fire- After the Arborec player activates a system containing your units: The Arborec player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Arborec player
    Arborec promissory note: Trade Agreement- When the Arborec player replenishes commodities: the Arborec player gives you all of his commodities. Then return this card to the Arborec player.
    Letnev promissory note: Political Secret- When an agenda is revealed: The Letnev player cannot vote, use action cards, or use faction abilities until after the agenda has been resolved. Then return this card to the Letnev player.
    hxayAlt.png

Hedgethorn
    4 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    (1 claimed) Become the gatekeeper - Have at least 1 ship in a system containing an alpha wormhole and at least 1 ship in a system containing a beta wormhole. 1 VP
    Crown of Emphidia - Law - A player gains this card and 1 victory point if they capture a planet in the owner's home system. Then the previous owner loses 1 victory point.
    Winnu promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Winnu's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Winnu player.
    rPGSm42.png

Brody
    2 action cards
    0 secret objectives
    1 claimed secret objective- Spark a rebellion - Win a combat against a player who has the most victory points. 1 VP
    Winnu promissory: Cease Fire- After the Winnu player activates a system containing your units: The Winnu player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Winnu player
    Minister of Commerce- After the owner of this card replenishes commodities, he gains 1 trade good for each player who is his neighbor.
    b0iPKXw.png

Preda **Speaker**
    4 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    1 claimed- Gather a Mighty Fleet - Have 5 dreadnoughts on the board. 1 VP
    Letnev promissory: Cease Fire- After the Letnev player activates a system containing your units: The Letnev player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Letnev player
    Arborec promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Arborec's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Arborec player.
    cZnFzfK.png

Elvenshae Leadership 1
    Hedgethorn Politics 3
    Brody Trade 5
    Mojo Warfare 6
    Preda Technology 7
    MrBlarney Imperial 8

@Elvenshae

MrBody on
    edited January 2018
    Creuss is listed as getting 2 VP from the Imperial primary ability, but I think they only got 1 VP from the Imperial primary ability? The other 1 VP should be from claiming the Custodians of Mecatol Rex token, I think. I've just been zipping through random pages to try and remember the game history so I might have missed something or I'm hallucinating game activity.

EDIT: Turns out my memory is spotty: see further posts.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Did Creuss ever actually play Imperial while they held Metacol Rex?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    I looked back through things, and yeah, you're right. Imperial primary didn't happen for Creuss. I guess I misremembered. You should probably not trust me on issues of game state outside of myself for this game. (You can trust me in the game I'm hosting, though.) So does that mean that Creuss is back down to 5 VP total?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Quite possibly.

This is why everybody should play honestly, like me, and only claim public objectives

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I should only have 5 VP, and I’ve never played the Imperial card.

2 public objectives
    1 Imperial rider
    1 Support for the Throne
    1 Liberating Mecatol Rex

Elvenshae on
    @Elvenshae is there a particular technology you're looking for? I'd quite like my promissory note back so that I can sell it and you've been sitting on it for a while now.

... sitting on it, @Mojo_Jojo ? That would imply that I've had the option to use it, but haven't done so.

Since you gave it to me, you researched Gravity Drive (I had it) and Space Dock II (pass); picked up Carrier 2 and a fish special, when I already had Carrier 2 and can't get the other.

So I don't see that I'm sitting on it at all. :D

That being said, there are many attractive technologies from where I'm sitting. Bacterial weapons, Integrated Economies, Assault Cannons ... Dreadnought 2s ...

edited January 2018
    Oh. I thought you were holding out for something specific rather than me being awkward.

None of those were really on my list but let's wait for tech and see what looks good

Also your move

Mojo_Jojo on
    That sure was a day of full meetings ...

For my turn, I play ...

Signal Jamming

Action: Choose 1 non-home system containing or adjacent to your ships. Place a command token from one player's reinforcements in that system.

Jol-Nar, the Lazar-Sakulag system.

@Mojo_Jojo

edited January 2018
    @mrbody I've just noticed I forgot to place my regenerated infantry into the status phase. If it's not too late can I place the one survivor from the Creuss genocide on Jol?

And I suppose I may as well stop that card, so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE
    Play sabotage
    Sabotage- Play to immediately cancel an action card other than another Sabotage.

@Elvenshae to take another action

Mojo_Jojo on
    @Mojo_Jojo to place regenerated infantry, @Elvenshae for new action

One infantry on Jol

edited January 2018
    In that case, tactical action in the Lazar-Sakulag system.

Carrier moves to Creuss, picks up 2 fighters, and warps down through the Delta wormhole to Lazar-Sakulag. Pick up the infantry from Sakulag.

@Mojo_Jojo any reactions, or shall I proceed to bombardment?

Elvenshae on
    @Elvenshae Nope. Bombard away

Geth, roll 3d10t5 for Bombardment of Lazar

Bombardment of Lazar:
    3d10t5 1 [3d10t5=4, 3, 5]

1 infantry dies (to be potentially saved later).

I invade with 1 infantry vs. the remaining 2.

Geth, roll 1d10t8 for Creuss infantry.
    Geth, roll 2d10t8 for Jol-Nar infantry.

Creuss infantry:
    1d10t8 1 [1d10t8=9]
    Jol-Nar infantry:
    2d10t8 2 [2d10t8=8, 8]

The invasion fails, but reduces Jol-Nar to a single infantry on the planet.

Geth, roll 2d10t6 for regenerating fish infantry.

regenerating fish infantry:
    2d10t6 1 [2d10t6=2, 9]

End of turn.

Next up is @Hedgethorn.

Activate Quann.
    Build Dreadnought and Cruiser. Exhaust Resculon, Quann, and Mecatol Rex (cost reduced by Sarween Tools).

@Brody's turn.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Active Starpoint. Move 2 Dreadnoughts, 1 Cruiser, and 3 Fighters from Arc Prime.

@Mojo_Jojo

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Activate Jol/Nar system
    Produce The JNS Hylarim (8)
    1 dreadnought (4)
    4 fighters (2)
    Total cost 13 (14 -1 from saween tools)
    Exhaust Jol (1), Aryz (3), Fria (2), Wellon (1), Lazar (1) and spend 5 TG

@Preda 's action

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Activate wormhole b. Move in 3 dreadnought, 2 fighter and a cruiser from Winnu, move in Flagship, 1 fighter and Mellon GF from Mellon /Zhobat.

@MrBlarney for eventual reactions, than Combat, where I will not play any action card. No further attacks wiil be made aganist my cybernetic neighbours. But I needed an exit from my corner of space.

@Hedgethorn for PDS fire on winnu

@Preda, I'm happy to see a friendly, throne-supporting neighbor guarding the other side of the Beta wormhole, but I'd be even happier if that friendly neighbor paid a trade good to help maintain this old rusty PDS I've got pointed at that wormhole. I'd hate to see it accidentally misfire and hit a friendly ship.

It's true, sometimes those PDSes just go off in your hand

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    I would certainly agree to this reasonable request of my throne supporting friend. But can I? Till I have conquered beta we're not neighbours...
    Send 1 TG to Arborec if admitted.

Preda wrote: »
    No further attacks wiil be made aganist my cybernetic neighbours. But I needed an exit from my corner of space.

Quite reasonable. I understand you have a thing with the Letnev preventing you from taking action towards the Alpha Wormhole. It's too bad you don't have your Support of the Throne still, or else I'd ask to trade yours for mine following the battle.

I've got nothing to declare at this time, so we can go right ahead with combat. (@MrBody)

4463rwiq7r47.png
    I do wonder, however, where you're going to go from the Beta Wormhole system. As it has been noted through the Space Cannon discussion, Arborec's on the other side, and you've mutually traded Support of the Throne cards. I've got my doubts that you're that willing to break such an agreement.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited January 2018
    Arborec's PDS cannon does not fire. (Neither intentionally nor accidentally.)

Hedgethorn on
    I just noticed something else, that when Hedgethorn activated Quann, Mojo_Jojo should have had an opportunity for PDS fire since he has PDS II units in the adjacent Wellon and Abyz systems. Shall we resolve that as well?

4463rwiq7r47.png
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    I just noticed something else, that when Hedgethorn activated Quann, Mojo_Jojo should have had an opportunity for PDS fire since he has PDS II units in the adjacent Wellon and Abyz systems. Shall we resolve that as well?
    I missed that
    No PDS fire