As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Concussions are a State of Mind

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    I can root for Torrey Smith and Malcolm Jenkins. That's about it.

What about ELITE QB NICK FOLES

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Nah. I'm good.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Based on that video, if the Eagles win the Super Bowl at least 50 people are going to die.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I like the eagles team but i don't want those fans to win anything

Is there some way we can relocate the team in the next 13 days

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Or deport some philadelphians

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I miss living in Philly so much.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I hardly think Boston fans have any room to talk mess about Philly fans.

Goose! wrote: »
    I hardly think Boston fans have any room to talk mess about Philly fans.

I am specifically talking about the ones in those clips, throwing shit at busses and stomping on cars and being vulgar to grandmas. Not Philly fans in general

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    And definitely not the guy who ran into a pole

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Yeah gotta love that media spin on Philly fans.

I watched the local news coverage and plenty of people were being perfectly reasonable. I am sure when other teams win a few idiots do stupid shit too. Only difference is it is immensely popular to find any stupid thing we do and make it out to be the whole fanbase. Anywhere else, they just ignore it a a random simpleton.

Also, gotta keep reminding people about them snowballs because god forbid you actually put any work into your reports about the city when it comes up. Philly team is in a big game? Just churn out that 40 year old report again and call it "covering" the team.

Other places wish they had fans that care as much as Philly.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Philly fans ain't got nothing on WVU fans

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Boston is no stranger to out of control sports rioting.

edited January 2018
    https://www.upi.com/Archives/1985/12/23/Fans-recuperating-from-electric-shock-thru-goal-post/4278504162000/

How have I never heard this idiotic pats fan story
    'It was just mass confusion,' said Rea. 'There were bodies all over the place and several hundred drunk people trying to tell state troopers what to do.'

Yes sounds like a pats game

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    we've just been to so many championships in the past decade that the cops know how to keep large crowds from forming in the wrong places.

I'll never understand the concept of destroying shit because your team won.

adrenaline/excitement + alcohol

I can totally understand it knowing I'd never be out of my mind enough to do it

You can destroy shit because you won, destroy shit because you lost, or destroy shit regardless in a nihilistic fit like a soccer hooligan

Or I suppose go home to your families instead

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    edited January 2018

This is a really weird tweet

It reads like a sequel to a gronk to remember

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

There is so much to unpack.

How did Wilks run into Keim, was he stalking him?

What was he blown away by? His impressive physique at the beach?

Did they conduct the interview on their towels?

Why is this GM hiring people based on meeting them at the beach?

• KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    I don't think I've literally seen any major sport event without fans being dicks.

Like maybe if we expand "major" to include, like, curling.

I guess golf fans tend to be pretty low key.

I mean, Vancouver had to be re-built from the ground up after 2011.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

In 2008 the UPitt students decided it would be fun to destroy all their bus stops. So the city just never rebuilt them and there was no shelter if you were waiting for a bus on Pitt's campus. Whoops!

edited January 2018
    Wilks was wearing blue jeans and a white shirt, open in the front, exposing his solid body. He was muscular and lean, like a man who was an athlete in a former life.
    His long blonde hair blew in the breeze behind him, his left hand clutching the reins of a gorgeous black horse. The sun shimmering off of its equine body, it's mane hanging down in its face like an emo kid

Keim kept his distance at first, the presence of this beautiful man was too strong to approach leisurely. He let out a heavy sign and thought, "this man will be new head coach... And the horse defensive coordinator."

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »

Yeah let's not forget that in 2004 after the Sox pennant win a girl died. Admittedly that was the fault of riot police, but people were flipping cars and lighting shit on fire, it was not good.

Wilks was wearing blue jeans and a white shirt, open in the front, exposing his solid body. He was muscular and lean, like a man who was an athlete in a former life.
    His long blonde hair blew in the breeze behind him, his left hand clutching the reins of a gorgeous black horse. The sun shimmering off of its equine body, it's mane hanging down in its face like an emo kid

Keim kept his distance at first, the presence of this beautiful man was too strong to approach leisurely. He let out a heavy sign and thought, "this impressive dude will be new head coach... And the horse defensive coordinator."

I fixed the only thing wrong with this masterpiece

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    All fans are dumb and stupid. Doesn't matter where they are.

3clipse wrote: »

Yeah let's not forget that in 2004 after the Sox pennant win a girl died. Admittedly that was the fault of riot police, but people were flipping cars and lighting shit on fire, it was not good.

I was there when the police opened fire on Lansdowne. It's kindof nuts to think about in retrospect.

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    All fans are dumb and stupid. Doesn't matter where they are.

Listen, I'm spending my hard earned money rooting for a billionaire's custom laundry, there's nothing dumb about that at all!

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Remember how one of the biggest stories of the mlb season was that Fenway was a terrible place for black men to play in

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Remember how one of the biggest stories of the mlb season was that Fenway was a terrible place for black men to play in

Or that the city of Boston, as a whole, is considered by a majority of African Americans as one of the most racist cities in the US.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

It is fairly easy to forget, because unlike with Philly they don't remind you about it every time one of their teams is on prime time or in the finals.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I think this is the first year my main TV has the Puppy Bowl on the entire night. I'm sick of the Patriots for all the same reasons everyone else outside of Massachusetts is but I'm not tuning out because they are the best team. I'm tuning out because they are the only good team and the NFL is boring now.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    I wish Romo was contracted through the NFL and he just got to call whatever game they wanted him to that week. I’d love to have him at the Super Bowl.

Marathon wrote: »
    I wish Romo was contracted through the NFL and he just got to call whatever game they wanted him to that week. I’d love to have him at the Super Bowl.

I have seen a surprising amount of hate for him on my Facebook feed

His noises were a little over the top yesterday but jesus, if you don't like romo what the hell DO you like

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Also snowballs at Santa was 50 years ago now.

It is an easy narrative and the worst parts of the fan base are always what is looked for and pushed. I’ve lived here my whole life and gone to plenty of games, the worst thing I’ve ever seen was an eagles fan dumping a cup of beer over the head of a packers fan who was taunting the section during the 4th and 26 game and then them both getting into a drunken pushing match.

aeNqQM9.jpg

His noises were a little over the top yesterday but jesus, if you don't like romo what the hell DO you like

I actually like that he gets excited about what he sees going on. He just retired and I’m sure he knows exactly how people feel in those situations.

Knight_ wrote: »
    Also snowballs at Santa was 50 years ago now.

It is an easy narrative and the worst parts of the fan base are always what is looked for and pushed. I’ve lived here my whole life and gone to plenty of games, the worst thing I’ve ever seen was an eagles fan dumping a cup of beer over the head of a packers fan who was taunting the section during the 4th and 26 game and then them both getting into a drunken pushing match.

The first game my Dad ever took me to was Eagles/Cowboys at the Vet.

There was an idiot with a Cowboys hat on, about ten rows up from where we were sitting. Someone behind him lit his hat on fire, so this dude is freaking the fuck out, screaming, smoke coming off his head, while everyone else in our section was just laughing and hurling obscenities at him.

Good times. Family fun.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    this is a lame superbowl matchup... but luckily for Philly they got the only matchup possible where they are the least obnoxious fanbase

we were so close to a delicious Jags/Vikings 9 to 3 romp

I actually like that he gets excited about what he sees going on. He just retired and I’m sure he knows exactly how people feel in those situations.

I really appreciate his insight as a recent retiree, too. "Here's what so and so is probably thinking here," it's great.

I super enjoy Romo

cause he clearly actually enjoys watching Football

Nantz

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Romo is a LOT better than fucking Phil Sims, and honestly even better than Aikman

there's some cringe to him, but man I'd much rather hear him than any of the other day game idiots

with Gruden gone he might be the best going right now

This discussion has been closed.