As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Concussions are a State of Mind

19495969798100»

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    It is impossible to overstate how much better Romo is than the sentient pile of mashed potatoes that is Phil Simms.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Romo could be possessed by a biblical demon and reduced to incoherent screeching about blood and feces and I’d still consider him to be a massive upgrade over Simms. The fact that he’s actually knowledgeable is just a bonus.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Maximum wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Also snowballs at Santa was 50 years ago now.

It is an easy narrative and the worst parts of the fan base are always what is looked for and pushed. I’ve lived here my whole life and gone to plenty of games, the worst thing I’ve ever seen was an eagles fan dumping a cup of beer over the head of a packers fan who was taunting the section during the 4th and 26 game and then them both getting into a drunken pushing match.

The first game my Dad ever took me to was Eagles/Cowboys at the Vet.

There was an idiot with a Cowboys hat on, about ten rows up from where we were sitting. Someone behind him lit his hat on fire, so this dude is freaking the fuck out, screaming, smoke coming off his head, while everyone else in our section was just laughing and hurling obscenities at him.

Good times. Family fun.

They beat a man to near-death in LA a few years ago after a dodgers game and I don't hear about how LA's fans are so violent. Giants fans then stabbed a dodgers fan to death a few years later, still nothing.

Every fanbase has horrible shitheels, that's just statistics.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    It is impossible to overstate how much better Romo is than the sentient pile of mashed potatoes that is Phil Simms.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    So I live in Austin

For those that don't know, Nick Foles grew up in Austin

He went to Westlake High school, same as Drew Brees of the Saints and current Texas Longhorn Sam Ehlinger.

In case you didn't know, now you know, because good god NPR said it a lot this morning on the commute.

You know, ELITE QUARTERBACK NICK FOLES FROM WESTLAKE HIGH SCHOOL IN AUSTIN, TEXAS

Look at that fucker

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular

It is an easy narrative and the worst parts of the fan base are always what is looked for and pushed. I’ve lived here my whole life and gone to plenty of games, the worst thing I’ve ever seen was an eagles fan dumping a cup of beer over the head of a packers fan who was taunting the section during the 4th and 26 game and then them both getting into a drunken pushing match.

There was an idiot with a Cowboys hat on, about ten rows up from where we were sitting. Someone behind him lit his hat on fire, so this dude is freaking the fuck out, screaming, smoke coming off his head, while everyone else in our section was just laughing and hurling obscenities at him.

Good times. Family fun.

They beat a man to near-death in LA a few years ago after a dodgers game and I don't hear about how LA's fans are so violent. Giants fans then stabbed a dodgers fan to death a few years later, still nothing.

Everyone knows that LA’s greatest sports tradition is the rioting after the Lakers win a title.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    First off I find this tweet hilarious

Second, it came on my feed via retweet from an ex-CIA case officer, which ??????????

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    You can work for the CIA and like football and or comedy.

It was more surprising than anything else actually

don't think I've ever seen the guy tweet/retweet anything on sports

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Romo could be possessed by a biblical demon and reduced to incoherent screeching about blood and feces and I’d still consider him to be a massive upgrade over Simms. The fact that he’s actually knowledgeable is just a bonus.

One name sets the bar that low
    Lower than Phil Simms
    Joe Buck
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uoACQyN_mM

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Lower than Phil Simms
    Joe Buck

Joe Buck isn't as bad now as everyone says he is. I'm perfectly happy listening to him call a game.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I think I've just learned to tune Joe Buck out so I don't even hear him anymore.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Snarky Joe Buck is hilarious at times. I seem to recall his first lines coming back from a particularly bad Green Bay game this year going something like "Well if you like punting then boy do we have a game for you here!" which amused me greatly.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

SIGH... I hope they know what they're doing

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Patricia to DET looking more and more likely.

I'm afraid to get my hopes up, though

• SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular

Good times. Family fun.

Look, a hitchhiking robot made it all the way across Canada and then traveled around Germany.

When it attempted to cross the USA it made it as far a Philly before it was torn apart.

Many people were not surprised by this turn of events.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »

Lower than Phil Simms
    Joe Buck

Joe Buck isn't as bad now as everyone says he is. I'm perfectly happy listening to him call a game.

Joe Buck doesn't get very audibly excited about things, but when a game is going poorly he turns into the funniest motherfucker.

I shouldn't judge Shurmur on his time with the Browns. I mean, they actually won a few games.

He also managed to get serviceable QB play out of Colt Mccoy which is a minor miracle

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    yea, they dumped something a half step removed from a pile of trash on a street in old city on a saturday night and it got destroyed.

shocking.

aeNqQM9.jpg

SIGH... I hope they know what they're doing

Narrator: they don't.

I shouldn't judge Shurmur on his time with the Browns. I mean, they actually won a few games.

He also managed to get serviceable QB play out of Colt Mccoy which is a minor miracle

that injury in the natty really fucked colt mccoy I think

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    yea, they dumped something a half step removed from a pile of trash on a street in old city on a saturday night and it got destroyed.

shocking.

But all of Boston can be dumped on for a small portion of its population. Makes sense.

• LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    that glorified etch-a-sketch had it coming.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

shocking.

But all of Boston can be dumped on for a small portion of its population. Makes sense.

I don't think anyone was dumping on all of Boston. The comment about racism maybe but let's be real our city has a long and storied past of being liberal but also super racist.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

This is a fascinating thread. Not knowing how to play from ahead is always an interesting conundrum, in real sports and esports. It comes up all the time in Dota 2.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Browns hire Todd Haley as OC.

mcp wrote: »
    Browns hire Todd Haley as OC.

They could hire people from the stands and get better results

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    They need someone to protect Mayfield in bar fights.

They need someone to protect Mayfield in bar fights.

Manziel needed a minder so

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    SirToasty wrote: »

Lower than Phil Simms
    Joe Buck

Joe Buck doesn't get very audibly excited about things, but when a game is going poorly he turns into the funniest motherfucker.

I kinda like Joe Buck. I think he might be a lot better without Aikman, in the same way Nantz is a lot better without Simms.

This discussion has been closed.