As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] The FAQ has arrived

• BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    So having the daemon keyword in the Faction listing will be what let’s it get summoned, but all other synergies will just need the daemon keyword in there anywhere?

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    So having the daemon keyword in the Faction listing will be what let’s it get summoned, but all other synergies will just need the daemon keyword in there anywhere?

Yup from what I can tell.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, and they specifically went in and FAQ'd out a few of the units with it in their faction list.

So, guy I hired to paint my Necrons is going to start this weekend it looks like. Going for a snow Necron thing. Silver, blue, snow bases etc.

I am sure after he is done, THAT's when I'll see I didn't buy a unit I should have.

Thousand Sons stuff leaked so far looks good. I am actually envious of my buddies TSons army.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    How'd the PBCs do?

Great, they always do well, that's part of why I got 2 now.

The Biologicus Putrifier always helped some marines take out the Sanguinary Guard.

I had a game yesterday that was won entirely by spore mines. Playing against a big assaulty World Eaters Army with my shooty spore Nids, I won first turn and with a combination of sporocysts, biovores and the double shooting stratagem, dropped a line of spores in front of his entire deployment line.
    He crept forward, blew up all my mines, then I did it again the second turn. This time he wised up and blew away all my booger shooters, but by then I’d had 2 turns of free shooting and he didn’t have enough left to punch through the vast ocean of unpainted termagants.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Actually, having daemon anywhere allows something to be summoned, unless I missed where the summoning rules specify “daemon faction” somewhere? Moving from faction to regular affects army composition, specifically preventing certain CSM units being taken as part of a pure Daemon army.
    Remember, Faction keywords are only different during army building. They’re otherwise just keywords like any other.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

Actually, having daemon anywhere allows something to be summoned, unless I missed where the summoning rules specify “daemon faction” somewhere? Moving from faction to regular affects army composition, specifically preventing certain CSM units being taken as part of a pure Daemon army.
    Remember, Faction keywords are only different during army building. They’re otherwise just keywords like any other.

Not entirely. The FAQ for the Daemon codex specifies that the Strategems in said codex are referring to faction: DAEMON rather than keyword: DAEMON.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Chrysis wrote: »

Not entirely. The FAQ for the Daemon codex specifies that the Strategems in said codex are referring to faction: DAEMON rather than keyword: DAEMON.

Which is GW falling back into their bad habit of issuing FAQ in place of Errata; nothing about the rules indicates that this should be so, yet it somehow is per the FAQ.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    Can I take a rhino primaris in my BA vanguard detachment? Would I still be able to use the BA bonuses for being a battleforged army?

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
    Svenska wrote: »
    Can I take a rhino primaris in my BA vanguard detachment? Would I still be able to use the BA bonuses for being a battleforged army?

Nope, it isn't in the BA codex so you can put in your army just not as a VA rhino and thus would make that detachment invalid for the BA chapter tactics.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Ok another fun one then. If I put it in its own detachment, either the patrol with some bros (non BA) or that -1cp one on its own, can I use the BA or regular marine objective cards? I would hazard a guess that I couldn't, as I'm using non BA units, as well as BA specific ones (a libby dread), but I'm not sure.

And thanks

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

Svenska wrote: »
    Ok another fun one then. If I put it in its own detachment, either the patrol with some bros (non BA) or that -1cp one on its own, can I use the BA or regular marine objective cards? I would hazard a guess that I couldn't, as I'm using non BA units, as well as BA specific ones (a libby dread), but I'm not sure.

And thanks

As long as you have one battle forged detachment you can use their stratagems and such. There are rules mostly how ITC does it is by points on whose cards you use.

As a Chaos example I can run:

Emps. Children Battalion I can use CSM stratagems, then a Tzeentch Daemon vanguard for daemon stratagems, and a Death Guard detachment for DG stratagems.

That is legal, all will have their own bonuses. And you can use all three indices of stratagems.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Alright, that's cool.
    Thanks again

Chrysis wrote: »

Which is GW falling back into their bad habit of issuing FAQ in place of Errata; nothing about the rules indicates that this should be so, yet it somehow is per the FAQ.

There are a couple of things here.

Stratagems mostly say faction or used on said faction so this made sure that they made sense.

Also if you read the daemonic ritual ability only those with the daemonic ritual ability could be summoned. You cannot summon possessed they lack the ability but you can summon a Great Unclean One. Its in the ability description.

The one thing they basically did was clarify that I can use Denizens of the warp (deep strike) on my daemonettes as they have the daemon faction keyword but not on a large group of possessed that do not. Which seems fair as that is how all the other stratagems have worked. Daemons are one of the few cross over keywords that could cause confusion.

I am rather happy they are FAQing stuff fast and also the enhanced pdf/ebook version do get updated with the new wording or are suppose to I think. I am having issues complaining with GW now verse what it was where shit was fixed, if it was fixed, sometimes years later in an obscure FAQ hiding on a website somewhere.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I'm rethinking putting together a small Tzeentch army with some cool Tzeentch demons. I have a squad of TSons and some cultist models a d the Chaos Sorceror in terminator armor.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    edited January 2018
    I have to admit, I'm not mad about them nerfing potential Primarch deep strikes. That being said, after seeing some of the Thousand Son stuff, I'm envious of my buddies army of them....deep striking their terminators or even just 10 rubrics and warptiming up looks fun as hell.

Anyways, my buddy wants to play a smaller game of only 1,000 points while we all memorize stats to make it go quicker. Fine, so I threw this together.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [58 PL, 1000pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Gametype: Matched

+ Heavy Support +

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 140pts]: 2x Plaguespitter, Heavy Slugger

+ HQ +

Malignant Plaguecaster [6 PL, 110pts]: 2. Living Plague, Fugaris' Helm, Miasma of Pestilence, Putrescent Vitality, Warlord

Typhus [9 PL, 175pts]: Blades of Putrefaction, Curse of the Leper

+ Elites +

Foul Blightspawn [4 PL, 77pts]

+ Troops +

Plague Marines [7 PL, 95pts]
    . Plague Champion: Boltgun, Plague knife
    . 3x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
    . Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Blight launcher

Poxwalkers [6 PL, 108pts]: 18x Poxwalker

Poxwalkers [3 PL, 60pts]: 10x Poxwalker

++ Total: [58 PL, 1000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Was debating between Bloat drones and PBC's, but then I was like .... f*** it, just drive forward spewing plague. Thoughts?

Bizazedo on
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    I have to admit, I'm not mad about them nerfing potential Primarch deep strikes. That being said, after seeing some of the Thousand Son stuff, I'm envious of my buddies army of them....deep striking their terminators or even just 10 rubrics and warptiming up looks fun as hell.

Anyways, my buddy wants to play a smaller game of only 1,000 points while we all memorize stats to make it go quicker. Fine, so I threw this together.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [58 PL, 1000pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Gametype: Matched

+ Heavy Support +

+ HQ +

Malignant Plaguecaster [6 PL, 110pts]: 2. Living Plague, Fugaris' Helm, Miasma of Pestilence, Putrescent Vitality, Warlord

Typhus [9 PL, 175pts]: Blades of Putrefaction, Curse of the Leper

+ Elites +

Foul Blightspawn [4 PL, 77pts]

+ Troops +

Poxwalkers [6 PL, 108pts]: 18x Poxwalker

Poxwalkers [3 PL, 60pts]: 10x Poxwalker

++ Total: [58 PL, 1000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Was debating between Bloat drones and PBC's, but then I was like .... f*** it, just drive forward spewing plague. Thoughts?

Cut the smaller unit of poxwalkers and one unit of marines. Buy a fortification Detachment with the gnarlmaw and two units of cultists. Use the 10 extra points to swap the blightcaster to Necrosius the undying.

The reasoning.

You have poxwalkers and Typhus but nothing to feed into the engine. Against some list is just a very expensive objective holder if you can’t feed the beast somehow.

Necrosius is a massive improvement to the Blightcaster for almost no cost. 6 wounds rather than 4, 4+ invuln as opposed to none, denies 3, knows 3, and has the plague surgeon effect on poxwalkers.

The tree you pop into deepstrike and drop it behind the PBCS turn 2-3 once their stuck in. Congrats now your PBCs can pretend they are drones and can fallback and shoot.

Those are all excellent suggestions. Lot of Death Guard seem to love that frigging tree, eh.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Those are all excellent suggestions. Lot of Death Guard seem to love that frigging tree, eh.

I need to buy a couple of those, if only because they look awesome and I want to paint them

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    My cat decided to knock my beer over last night, and emptied nearly the whole thing right into my bits box. Arms and weapons and shoulder pads swimming in alcohol, it was a mess. I got out a colander with really fine mesh and threw everything in there with some soap and did some emergency cleaning, then decided while I was at it to throw all my other bits in there too that had been sitting out getting dusty and dirty.

Everything’s finished drying now and the huge mess of bits that had been piling in heaps and trays is finally organized. Also there was a lot of accumulated grime in there! I’d recommend going through and doing a big cleaning to anyone, especially if it’s all in a bunch of boxes and trays where all your assorted hair and skin flakes can fall in while you’re leaning over hunting for bits. Especially if I end up selling this stuff, nothing is worse than buying a bunch of stuff and getting some free filth in the box too.

I have been listening to Black Legion for the last few days as I have been painting and such. Its really good.

I really like the Chaos books you see Chaos though kind of mad but mad not for religious zealotry, except word bearers, but for hate, vengeance, and even understanding that the Emperor would of purged them after the great crusade ended.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    I have been listening to Black Legion for the last few days as I have been painting and such. Its really good.

I really like the Chaos books you see Chaos though kind of mad but mad not for religious zealotry, except word bearers, but for hate, vengeance, and even understanding that the Emperor would of purged them after the great crusade ended.

I very much appreciate the time ADB is taking to make Abaddon an actual character.

04xkcuvaav19.png
    ADB’s night Lords books are great for making them actual characters you can be engaged with while still being complete bastards.

ADB has a gift of writing assholes as likeable.

Also my favorite part, not really a spoiler, but they talk about how they take loyalist marine prisoners and turn them into possessed. And I am like, that would be an awesome painting project.

One possessed has Imperial Fist armor, another is an Ultramarine, another is a Space Wolf, and another is a Blood Angel.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Stompybots ready to roll out to LVO!
    lvo_2018_army.jpg

website_header.jpg
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Good luck @McGibs and anyone else competing!

• KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    What is that beholder looking thing??

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
    Please give us updates, those of you who go to LVO. I live vicariously through others.

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Koreg wrote: »
    What is that beholder looking thing??

It's my Caco Daemon Prince, which I made out of a pingpong ball. I managed to give him and my angry washing machine dread repaints in time, but here's his old colours.
    chaos-belakhorne01.jpg

I'm not doing any of the big competitive events, just the knight joust and RTT single elimination 1 day tournament, but I'll try to take as many photos as I can!

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I traveled to Vegas today on completely unrelated business, and spotted the telltale signs of wargaming. It so happened that I started chatting with the podcaster/youtuber who hosts Forge the Narrative. I haven't listened to anything of his yet, but he was a super nice guy in public and was traveling with similar men of genteel upbringing.

As I'm still in the process of making even a single army I haven't played at all and don't keep up with any tournaments, but I've come to understand this Las Vegas Open is a big deal. I'm unfortunately working through the weekend, so I probably will only be able to come out tomorrow or Sunday in the late afternoon. I'd be interested in picking up some merch if there are deals to be had. Maybe I'd watch a game or two to see how they look during a tournament. Do you think this would be worth my time?

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Warhammer Community LVO update is up, and it's a doozy. Necrons (including plastic surfing cryptek), Dark Eldar, and Tau are on the way. Imperial Knights will also be getting a new model, a baby knight to make them a bit more flexible as a stand alone faction.

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
    They might as well put those new dark elf models in again with the dark eldar preview, because that’s what half those kits are gonna be purchased for.

The mini-Knights are pretty cool, though I kinda wish they’d get some sort of infantry choice too. A serf equivalent to go with whole feudal knight theme, a bunch of conscript equivalents that can sit on objectives and eat bullets while getting buffs from being near their bosses.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    That baby knight looks goofy as shit.

Can't wait to buy one.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The Armiger is great!

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    They might as well put those new dark elf models in again with the dark eldar preview, because that’s what half those kits are gonna be purchased for.

Yeah, I'm unashamedly thinking about that. A lot of those new models look like obvious stand-ins for Sslyth, Scourges and Succubi.

• MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    That baby knight looks goofy as shit.

Can't wait to buy one.

Looks much less goofy than the standard knight to me.

We Hawken now

I wonder if the baby knight will have a chaos rules version.

Its adorable and I want one. Also I want a chaos knight so yeah.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Probably depends on whether it's new technology (likely something Cawl cooked up), or old technology that has been rediscovered. CSM don't get anything that was created post-Heresy, after all.

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Probably depends on whether it's new technology (likely something Cawl cooked up), or old technology that has been rediscovered. CSM don't get anything that was created post-Heresy, after all.

I would not be surprised with regards to if / when Emperor's Children get a release, they get some kind of Primaris Marine equivalent; they seem to be setting that up with Fabius Bile.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
This discussion has been closed.