As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hella [Chat]

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Seltzer is fantastic, but I can think of no greater signifier that you are an old than embracing it

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Quitting soda of any kind is one of the hardest things I've tried to do in my life, ugh.

Recommend seltzer water.

It’s utterly unsatisfying at first but grows on you over time.
    Does does that react with the stomach, if at all?

My past attempts to give up soda were just a matter of "too much sugar / caffeine," but back in November I hit this point of no return for my ulcer-ridden stomach. Shouldn't have reached that point but y'know, sometimes one doesn't give a fuck about themself that much. I've had as little soda over the last two months as ever but I still have some sometimes. Generally a couple sips make me feel bleh and I'm reminded again of what the hell I need to stop for so I end up tossing what I bought.

Right now I have a Mountain Dew on my desk. I've had three sips of it and my stomach is already getting mad about it. Probably done, already got some water.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I still don't fully understand wtf happened in the ghost train one and at this point I've forgotten enough of the little details where I just want the fraud-ass huckster in that story to be jailed and no one else

also I love episodic detective stuff but LA Noire just doesn't seem like a good game anymore in retrospect

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    Quitting soda of any kind is one of the hardest things I've tried to do in my life, ugh.

Recommend seltzer water.

I just switched to diet soda instead
    Even diet soda has that acidity to it, which is the problem I am trying to deal with now.

• SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular

Recommend seltzer water.

I did for some time but it was wreaking havoc on my teeth.

I've been drinking it for years and I havent noticed any difference

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Seltzer is fantastic, but I can think of no greater signifier that you are an old than embracing it

Soda is ridiculous

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Recommend seltzer water.

How many teeth do you have

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

I liked it more when I was younger

But I think I actually need to realize and embrace

. I prefer plain seltzer. I keep trying to drink flavored seltzer instead of soda but it doesn't satisfy, whereas when I was younger I was fine with just drinking plain seltzer. Gotta make the leeeeaaaaaa

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Just drink sparkling water gg

Recommend seltzer water.

Even diet soda has that acidity to it, which is the problem I am trying to deal with now.

OH, okay, that makes more sense. Usually when I hear people talk about quitting soda it's because they're having sugar paranoia. But doesnt a lot of food have various acids in it too?

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2018
    unsweetened seltzer is unpleasant to me. i don't enjoy carbonation for its own sake. even unsweetened flavoring is meh. i just drink regular water. people say they miss the fizz but i miss the 41g of sugar per can. water enhancers can sort of emulate that but for the most part they're disappointing and i just drink still water.

edit: also sugary drinks are fucking delicious and i am incredibly envious of anyone who finds them gross

Organichu on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Life is worth living without sugar and caffeine, come on now

But also what does it mean to react with the stomach

Is it an acid thing?

Hopefully you can still drink coffee!

sig.gif

Recommend seltzer water.

All of them? No cavities either, it's not like I gargle with the stuff

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    unsweetened seltzer is unpleasant to me. i don't enjoy carbonation for its own sake. even unsweetened flavoring is meh. i just drink regular water. people say they miss the fizz but i miss the 41g of sugar per can. water enhancers can sort of emulate that but for the most part they're disappointing and i just drink still water.

edit: also sugary drinks are fucking delicious and i am incredibly envious of anyone who finds them gross

Corn syrup colas are gross. I used to drink Cokes but after a few months of drinking only colas made with real sugar, I can't go back.

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

Recommend seltzer water.

It's p well documented that diet soda fucks your teeth, I think

sig.gif
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    today has been p cool
    picked up my moviepass from friend's apartment and caught up with friend

bought some cute new things -- shelves, candles, glass figurines, picture frames, espresso maker, blanket

ran a bank errand and got impromptu life coaching from my friendly, sympathetic banker

saw The Last Jedi, which has some problems but is also now my favorite Star Wars movie

once home, I devoured a quart of cheap, delicious Chinese food

and!!
    3MMvo4o.jpg

my library card arrived!!

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

Recommend seltzer water.

My past attempts to give up soda were just a matter of "too much sugar / caffeine," but back in November I hit this point of no return for my ulcer-ridden stomach. Shouldn't have reached that point but y'know, sometimes one doesn't give a fuck about themself that much. I've had as little soda over the last two months as ever but I still have some sometimes. Generally a couple sips make me feel bleh and I'm reminded again of what the hell I need to stop for so I end up tossing what I bought.

Right now I have a Mountain Dew on my desk. I've had three sips of it and my stomach is already getting mad about it. Probably done, already got some water.

Seltzer waters like Lacroix don’t have any acid. They’re just bubbly water and some flavoring. But if you’re like me when I quit soda the lack of sweetness can be off putting at first.

I can actually do without the sugar specifically, diet products usually have enough sweetness to satisfy, it's the combination of sweet and fizz I need, and I get that from diet stuff.

emnmnme wrote: »

Corn syrup colas are gross. I used to drink Cokes but after a few months of drinking only colas made with real sugar, I can't go back.

Blind taste tests show amazing stuff about this

People love corn syrup

sig.gif

Recommend seltzer water.

OH, okay, that makes more sense. Usually when I hear people talk about quitting soda it's because they're having sugar paranoia. But doesnt a lot of food have various acids in it too?
    They do. I have to manage how much I intake that way, but generally speaking food acidity isn't going to do me in like soda does. Plus it's easier to manage from a desire standpoint. I can eat an orange and not feel like I want to eat an entire tree's worth. Soda I was having daily and once in a while would end up drinking it like it was water.

Recommend seltzer water.

Not everyone’s so fortunate. I’ve had a couple dozen fillings at this point and they didn’t stop until I cut soda out of my diet.

Recommend seltzer water.

I'm sure it is, but I dont know what to tell you, I've never had any problems with it. Only tooth I ever lost was a broken baby tooth that never fell out on schedule.

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I like video game music.

Recommend seltzer water.

Seltzer waters like Lacroix don’t have any acid. They’re just bubbly water and some flavoring. But if you’re like me when I quit soda the lack of sweetness can be off putting at first.
    I've made the jump to drinking Gatorade whenever I want something with flavor to drink besides just plain ol' water. Though I stick to just one a day for those because there is such a thing as drinking too much Gatorade.

Recommend seltzer water.

I'm sure it is, but I dont know what to tell you, I've never had any problems with it. Only tooth I ever lost was a broken baby tooth that never fell out on schedule.

You pretty much won the genetic lottery for teeth. Congrats!

edited January 2018

People love corn syrup

I think people misinterpret the results of blind taste tests

It’s true that most people fail to taste their states preference

But the real takeaway, for me, is he power of perception

Ie, there is some amount of “taste” formed in the brain

This doesn’t strike me that different from erogenous zones, where a large part of erotic desire is mental rather than like, objective physical sensation

Vanguard on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

People love corn syrup

People are wrong.

erroneous zones, you say

erroneous zones, you say
    Was that zone from Knuckles Chaotix?

erroneous zones, you say

It’s what the Catholic Church calls them.

Chu I could be mean but instead I will acknowledge I, an English major, made a typo

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I basically grew up on Diet Coke, but my teeth have been so fine I haven't seen a dentist since the 90s. Only damage my teeth have is a slightly chipped tooth from biting my nails.

Recommend seltzer water.

You pretty much won the genetic lottery for teeth. Congrats!

It actually sort of worries me, even my wisdom teeth came in correctly. My only real complaint about my teeth is having the signature Giant Nerd Rabbit Front Teeth

edited January 2018
    in what world could you hurt me

i am an es(third)l'er and i have never made that error

*hides impending bankruptcy, severe depression and anxiety, college failures, morbid obesity etc etc*

Organichu on
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Omg this restaurant had the best coconut cream pie I have ever had

edited January 2018

*hides impending bankruptcy, severe depression and anxiety, college failures, morbid obesity etc etc*

erogenous you bankrupt cyclops

Was a totally hypothetical not real post in my drafts

Vanguard on

This is a video game forum, that could describe any of us. Well, the bankruptcy thing might be on a case-by-case basis

erogenous you bankrupt cyclops

Was a totally hypothetical not real post in my drafts

ok but you will never know the pleasure of a woman tonguing your gaping eye socket, pink flesh exposed for all to evaluate like an open air market in peshawar

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm mostly just a creepy crazy sellout with dunlap disease.

People love corn syrup

People are wrong.

They dont use corn syrup here, and I tried U.S imported Coke once and it was just awful. I guess its an aquired taste.

This discussion has been closed.