As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Board Games] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

19495969798100»

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    when the other team comes from behind and gets 5 when you have one left

and the clue was barely related to the last word and the guesser went through the exact same tortuous chain of links the cluegiver did

My best moment as a guesser was that, except the clue for our final turn was an "unlimited" of which only the first two were related to the clue, and I sort of puzzled out what the other three had to be from the negative space around previous clues in the game. Reasoning like: MERCURY can't be one of our agents, because MARS was one of our earlier agents and the clue was not "planets (2)"

Other team was in total disbelief when I correctly contacted the last agent.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Late to the Cosmic Encounter party but we just got into it and really love it

I get how it isn’t for everybody but it’s pretty much exactly the kind of game I like

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Question.

Game store has a wooden go board for 50. I don't know if the stones are plastic or glass. The board is marked made in China.

Worth it?

nLgthzGh.jpg

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Question.

Game store has a wooden go board for 50. I don't know if the stones are plastic or glass. The board is marked made in China.

Worth it?

nLgthzGh.jpg

Can you just ask them to open it up and find out the type of stones? Most places can shrinkwrap anything these days.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    They feel ceramic and kind of coarse. Definitely not glass or plastic.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Were the pieces Japanese/Korean style (round) or Chinese style (flat on one side).

The most important question for any go board for me is this: Does it make a satisfying clack when you place down a stone?

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Were the pieces Japanese/Korean style (round) or Chinese style (flat on one side).

The most important question for any go board for me is this: Does it make a satisfying clack when you place down a stone?

Round on both sides.

And couldn't tell because of the shrink wrap.

Honestly, while cool, I passed on buying other board games because I need to play what I have. If I am going to get a go board it is going to be a showpiece, just like I hope to get a Crokinole board someday.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page