As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hella [Chat]

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I can't wait when I'm 30 and Seriously An Adult™ and seeing the aughts being the nostalgic fuel of the big blockbusters in whatever form they're in

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    in what world could you hurt me

i am an es(third)l'er and i have never made that error

*hides impending bankruptcy, severe depression and anxiety, college failures, morbid obesity etc etc*

erogenous you bankrupt cyclops

Was a totally hypothetical not real post in my drafts

ok but you will never know the pleasure of a woman tonguing your gaping eye socket, pink flesh exposed for all to evaluate like an open air market in peshawar

True but I’ll also never know the horror of having an asshole on my face

• Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    I can't wait when I'm 30 and Seriously An Adult™ and seeing the aughts being the nostalgic fuel of the big blockbusters in whatever form they're in

I can tell you right now, it's mostly like being in your 20's, except your back hurts more

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

*hides impending bankruptcy, severe depression and anxiety, college failures, morbid obesity etc etc*

ok but you will never know the pleasure of a woman tonguing your gaping eye socket, pink flesh exposed for all to evaluate like an open air market in peshawar

True but I’ll also never know the horror of having an asshole on my face

missing out, bro

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Sadgasm wrote: »

I can tell you right now, it's mostly like being in your 20's, except your back hurts more

Also your skin gets a little weird.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular

I can't tell whether to be hopeful or to be scared

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I'm not severely depressed.

I'm pretty happy. And on vacation.

• Options

Clearly this was a bad time to have a late night meal

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Do you take constructive criticism on your creative writing

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Also your skin gets a little weird.

I already had weird skin, and a bad back and knees, so all turning 30 did was slightly increase pain I was already used to.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

desc how could this possibly be improved upon

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I still don't feel like I have made it.

I am not sure when that happens.

I think regardless of titles or success, you always carry a small amount of doubt in the aituation and there is an underlying expectation that everything will blow up at any moment.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

The constant fear in the back of your head that you’re screwing up your life is only compounded by knowing you have even less time to correct nonexistent shortcomings.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Omg this restaurant had the best coconut cream pie I have ever had
    RAtoijq.jpg

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

unfortunately being 30 is no guarantee of seriously an adult

I am 29 and spent 10 minutes today being surly to my mom on the phone

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »

I think regardless of titles or success, you always carry a small amount of doubt in the aituation and there is an underlying expectation that everything will blow up at any moment.

Yeah, that's kind of a problem we've gotten from the media of our childhoods, you never actually "make it", you just reach different levels of success, from which you can plummet any moment and lose everything. There's no actual goal, aside from dying somewhere other than the gutter or a shitty nursing home

• Options

I can't tell whether to be hopeful or to be scared

Man, so far* the aging process is fantastic. I just keep getting stronger and smarter and less worried about being fast and decisive, it's awesome.

I ain't gotta do things quickly, I just gotta do thinks right, and once.

Like the silver-backed patriarch of a Great Ape family, I'm not necessarily the physical specimen that I once was on the outside, but my god

I could disassemble you with my teeth alone, young buck

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular

Yeah, that's kind of a problem we've gotten from the media of our childhoods, you never actually "make it", you just reach different levels of success, from which you can plummet any moment and lose everything. There's no actual goal, aside from dying somewhere other than the gutter or a shitty nursing home
    and defeating calamity ganon

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

I'm currently feeling like there's basically nowhere for me to go and I just need to build my resume and leave. That sucks so much :(

• Options
    Quid wrote: »

The constant fear in the back of your head that you’re screwing up your life is only compounded by knowing you have even less time to correct nonexistent shortcomings.

I just sort of started assuming I'll die in my sleep eventually, making the whole issue redundant

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

it is our solemn obligation to occasionally be surly towards parents

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    You haven't truly lived if you do not die of autoerotic asphyxiation

• Options

my life goal is to get to plat in League of Legends this season

I can do it!

maybe

• Options

of course

• Options
    wandering wrote: »

and defeating calamity ganon

Nah, thats actually one of the few stable points in life, there's always going to be another damn Ganon

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm almost 36 and still dealing with roommates until at least March of this year. Wheeeeee.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

I can do it!

maybe

ur goal should be to become slightly more cyber every day

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

The year is 2032,
    "What do you guys want to do tonight?"
    "Let's go watch the new R-rated Shrek movie!"

• Options
    there are a lot of hallmarks of success for me, as a poor kid looking in from the outside. i'm sure some of them will feel hollow, should i ever get there.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    kedinik wrote: »

it is our solemn obligation to occasionally be surly towards parents

I saw her 9 days ago in person! Then last weekend I sent her an email about the art selfie app because I thought she would like it and had a text back and forth

why did she *still* send me one of those sad 'how are you I haven't heard from you you know I'm here if you ever want to talk [to a self-absorbed and aggravating old person]'

so I called and was like yes I am calling out of obligation no I have nothing to say how are you I am fine goodbye

mommmmmmm stop being so annoyingggggggg

credeiki on
  • Options

I can do it!

maybe

Nah, you can totally do it now. LoL has started falling out of favor, so eventually, Plat ranking is going to be more achiavable. Lower those standards!

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

I can do it!

maybe

ur goal should be to become slightly more cyber every day

PROJECT: cred

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    My life goal is to have a life again

Approximately when my daughter is 30, I'm thinking

• Options
    there are a lot of hallmarks of success for me, as a poor kid looking in from the outside. i'm sure some of them will feel hollow, should i ever get there.

Oh,I can guarantee it will. No matter what success you achieve, it will always feel like it's not big enough because there's always more successfull people out there.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    My other life goal is to beat this dungeon on every class, god dammit

No success with warrior today

• Options

I can do it!

maybe

Nah, you can totally do it now. LoL has started falling out of favor, so eventually, Plat ranking is going to be more achiavable. Lower those standards!

pretty sure lol is still growing (they haven't released data to the contrary) although the rate of growth has likely slowed or plateaued

it is harder to climb each season as the player base continues to get better and better

but so do I! (now, maybe I fed in 2 out of 3 games tonight but it was a learning process)

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Orphane was warned for this.

Oh,I can guarantee it will. No matter what success you achieve, it will always feel like it's not big enough because there's always more successfull people out there.

do you get ever tired of being an unrelenting cesspit of misery or letting other people know about it

Tube on
  • Options
    Losing everything?

It is very hard to lose everything.

At a certain point of stufflessness, people start giving you stuff almost faster than you can get rid of it!

*I'm only 30, so I've not aged too far just yet!**

**This is the asterisk for my previous post, because I failed to qualify it back then.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    My life goal is to have a life again

Approximately when my daughter is 30, I'm thinking
    Moooooommm I need money

• Options
    i walked in and my roommate was playing overwatch. neither of us have played since a month or two past launch and it is kind of giving me the itch again. hmm.

This discussion has been closed.