As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hella [Chat]

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Im in a good place rn but it's kind of marred a bit because it has a definite end date of Feb 1st, 2019 so that is kind of souring the whole "living DINK life with wife and cute cat in a place I'm really attached to"

Arch do not ask benards for help with this problem

The only three that immediately come to mind are rockets, bugs, and crime spree

But I don't see how any of them can really be used to improve his situation

I've had a hard time affecting the passage of time so mostly I choose to ignore it

But I recognize this doesn't work for everyone, particularly those of you with flesh bodies

I mean "Quit your job, divorce your wife, and eat the cat for sustenance on your journey Into The Wild" is a bit extreme, but I suppose that's an option too

.....benards

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    can we ban loss.jpg shit into the post-100 pages too?

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I like my mom a lot because we are basically the same person
    invite her to the forums!

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    @arch I take venmo and android pay / google wallet. Sourgems are credited to your account within 2 hours of recepit.

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Spool those prices are masterful

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    can we ban loss.jpg shit into the post-100 pages too?

No, I like loss.jpg

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    1) I have a p good relationship with my mom. We talk a couple times a week usually, see each other once or twice a month, depending largely on how I'm feeling?

2) Same with my brother, who is my only sibling and also husband to my sister-in-law and father of my nephew. I rarely manage to visit his home without managing to visit theirs, too.

3) My dad and I have a slightly more complex relationship and for a long time I thought there were myriad reasons for it but mostly I think it's two-fold on my dad's part: He struggles to understand mental illness and also briefly believed I might be dead, and on my end he accused me of being a liar and a thief multiple times while I was on my way to becoming homeless.

Which is frankly MORE insulting because it implies that I'm such a bad thief that I couldn't stave off homelessness!

But we see each other seasonally, holidays and all that, and email / talk occasionally. Not much to say, mostly!

Also apparently he cheated on my mom prior to misleading her about the reasons he wanted to get a divorce, but I try not to judge people from a moral high ground because I'm pretty sure I ceded the moral high ground about a decade ago. People make mistakes and do shitty things, and as long as its not systemic, traumatic, or otherwise unforgivable, peoples is peoples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEx3Cm53798

Im in a good place rn but it's kind of marred a bit because it has a definite end date of Feb 1st, 2019 so that is kind of souring the whole "living DINK life with wife and cute cat in a place I'm really attached to"

I've had a hard time affecting the passage of time so mostly I choose to ignore it

But I recognize this doesn't work for everyone, particularly those of you with flesh bodies

I mean "Quit your job, divorce your wife, and eat the cat for sustenance on your journey Into The Wild" is a bit extreme, but I suppose that's an option too

.....benards

Free your mind, Arch

Everything is, technically, an option

They're not all good options!

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I am very close with both my parents, probably closer than I would be if they hadn't divorced and remarried and divorced when I was younger

my mom was kinda crazy growing up but that evened out, at least for me, around my early 20s. can't say how she is for my younger brother or her husband but there doesn't seem to be anywher near the discord that used to be there either.

my dad is a great person though we're extremely different... I have trouble ever puting anything negative on him tbh, just a good guy who tries to do the right thing and works hard.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

.....benards

Free your mind, Arch

Violating thermodynamics is not an option!

Checkmate.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    Oh but my Dad did tell me I'd be a millionaire by the time I'm 30 and so technically I still have a few months left to make that a reality

I mean I guess I could ...

Would that be interesting, though?

Maybe.

Oh but my Dad did tell me I'd be a millionaire by the time I'm 30 and so technically I still have a few months left to make that a reality

Maybe.
    Aioua wrote: »

.....benards

Free your mind, Arch

Violating thermodynamics is not an option!

Checkmate.

Sometimes a genius idea just comes to you

can everyone younger than I am please stop mentioning your ages? thanks in advance

Maybe.
    a heist?

I'm in

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    If anyone wants to buy my bedframe and shelves off me cheap, do so in the next 12 hours

I'll let you pay in installments

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    any time someone suggests banning loss.jpg it only makes the loss movement stronger

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »

Maybe.
    a heist?

I'm in

let's have a heist montage

wandering, what is your niche on the heist team apart from providing fantastic hair

Steam, LoL: credeiki

Maybe.
    a heist?

I'm in

I was going to complete the Great Canadian Masterpiece (Of Mostly Non-Fiction Literature)

But I mean this works too

Has anyone seen Den of Thieves?

Aioua wrote: »
    Spool those prices are masterful

I don't know how I feel about casually inventing a pricing structure so rude...

:)

credeiki wrote: »

Maybe.
    a heist?

I'm in

let's have a heist montage

wandering, what is your niche on the heist team apart from providing fantastic hair
    I'll order the heist supplies off amazon with my prime account

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    would you give up 20 years off the end of your life to have a couple-few of your dreams (wealth, physical changes, whatever) come true for your remaining time

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    i'm literally 14

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    The thing I am less okay with is never having any kind of professional happiness

That would be a good thing to solve

I would like to get a job that pays enough where I can pursue making music again.

The happiest timeframe in my life was when I was like 17-19, organizing local shows and playing in bands around New England

I would like to do that but don’t think I could float on Music alone :/

Know anyone who wants to play bass at least temporarily for a Brooklyn based indie but imo kinda boring mostly girl band?

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    hooray for the ignore feature

Organichu wrote: »
    would you give up 20 years off the end of your life to have a couple-few of your dreams (wealth, physical changes, whatever) come true for your remaining time

yes if they are years 80-100 and there aren't going to be significant advances that make it awesome to be 80, no if it's years 60-80

nope

I'd be missing 30% of my remaining time

what if I say yes and suddenly drop dead

on the one hand I could only ever agree if I knew how many years I'd have so I could measure what I'd lose against that. on the other hand knowing when I'm gonna die is absolutely hellish and I'm not sure I could go for that either

so i think no just for logistical reasons

since chat is pro-collectivism what if we all just put all our incomes into a pot and distributed the money evenly to all chatters and I quit my job and lived off of that

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

I'd have to know if I'm giving up 80-100 or 60-80, because that dramatically changes the answer.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    80-100 could be baller, y'all don't even know.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

I'd have to know if I'm giving up 80-100 or 60-80, because that dramatically changes the answer.

yeah

let's say 60-80 because i think 80-100 makes the question trivial for many people

60-80 is hard

since chat is pro-collectivism what if we all just put all our incomes into a pot and distributed the money evenly to all chatters and I quit my job and lived off of that

pretty much everyone in chat is going to do that though because we are lazy fucks and then our collective income is just going to be BeNarwhal's canadian social security and we all somehow have to live off of it

My primary dream is living forever tho

Oh, and
    forums.penny-arcade.com##.Ignored

in adblocker

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    80-100 could be baller, y'all don't even know.

Well OUR 80-100 has a better chance of being a robo body orgy then yours does, generally speaking

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee

yeah

let's say 60-80 because i think 80-100 makes the question trivial for many people

60-80 is hard

definitely not, holy shit. Definitely not.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    lol I bet Delmain ignored me for being pro loss.jpg

edited January 2018

yeah

60-80 is hard

if it's 60-80, then no

my dreams of wealth and physical change are achievable and in process
    I don't need to sacrifice 20 years for it

credeiki on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    hooray for the ignore feature

rude!!

lol I bet Delmain ignored me for being pro loss.jpg

if you start posting them I might

This discussion has been closed.