The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Board Games] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

19495969798100»

• FryFry Registered User regular
    when the other team comes from behind and gets 5 when you have one left

and the clue was barely related to the last word and the guesser went through the exact same tortuous chain of links the cluegiver did

My best moment as a guesser was that, except the clue for our final turn was an "unlimited" of which only the first two were related to the clue, and I sort of puzzled out what the other three had to be from the negative space around previous clues in the game. Reasoning like: MERCURY can't be one of our agents, because MARS was one of our earlier agents and the clue was not "planets (2)"

Other team was in total disbelief when I correctly contacted the last agent.

HedgethornmysticjuicercrimsoncoyoteElvenshaeNeaden
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Demodog It's a play on wordsRegistered User regular
    Late to the Cosmic Encounter party but we just got into it and really love it

I get how it isn’t for everybody but it’s pretty much exactly the kind of game I like

Friends don't lie.
    FishmanJoe Dizzy
  • AthenorAthenor Who needs lions when you have a battlecruiser? Registered User regular
    edited January 23
    Question.

Game store has a wooden go board for 50. I don't know if the stones are plastic or glass. The board is marked made in China.

Worth it?

nLgthzGh.jpg

Athenor on
    iLaXVZ7.png
    Steam & NNID - Athenor // 3DS: 3883-5283-0471
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    I'm blogging about my experiences purging my toy collection... read about it here!
    MNC DoverArcSyn
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Question.

Game store has a wooden go board for 50. I don't know if the stones are plastic or glass. The board is marked made in China.

Worth it?

nLgthzGh.jpg

Can you just ask them to open it up and find out the type of stones? Most places can shrinkwrap anything these days.

Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
    Elvenshae
  • AthenorAthenor Who needs lions when you have a battlecruiser? Registered User regular
    They feel ceramic and kind of coarse. Definitely not glass or plastic.

iLaXVZ7.png
    I'm blogging about my experiences purging my toy collection... read about it here!
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Were the pieces Japanese/Korean style (round) or Chinese style (flat on one side).

The most important question for any go board for me is this: Does it make a satisfying clack when you place down a stone?

Aldo
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Were the pieces Japanese/Korean style (round) or Chinese style (flat on one side).

The most important question for any go board for me is this: Does it make a satisfying clack when you place down a stone?

Round on both sides.

And couldn't tell because of the shrink wrap.

Honestly, while cool, I passed on buying other board games because I need to play what I have. If I am going to get a go board it is going to be a showpiece, just like I hope to get a Crokinole board someday.

iLaXVZ7.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID