As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hella [Chat]

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    announcement: yesterday I tried taking a bath with a bath bomb and scented candle for the first time and it was nice and I can still kinda smell the fragrance and it smells nice and I'm a pretty princess

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    announcement: yesterday I tried taking a bath with a bath bomb and scented candle for the first time and it was nice and I can still kinda smell the fragrance and it smells nice and I'm a pretty princess

A pretty, delicious, 100% beef, princess

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    since chat is pro-collectivism what if we all just put all our incomes into a pot and distributed the money evenly to all chatters and I quit my job and lived off of that

pretty much everyone in chat is going to do that though because we are lazy fucks and then our collective income is just going to be BeNarwhal's canadian social security and we all somehow have to live off of it

this is why we need the strong, guiding hand of a Stalin figure to usher in a new age of prosperity

as the only unironic tankie on these boards, I volunteer

who wants to be the first to be erased from photos with me

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    announcement: yesterday I tried taking... a... bomb... and it was nice and I can still kinda smell the frag...

you're a terrorist.

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Die at 60, but live the good life until then? Probably. Mostly because I don’t have kiddos, so the 60-70 decline doesn’t appeal to me.

BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Oh but my Dad did tell me I'd be a millionaire by the time I'm 30 and so technically I still have a few months left to make that a reality

I mean I guess I could ...

Would that be interesting, though?

Maybe.
    a heist?

I'm in

let's have a heist montage

wandering, what is your niche on the heist team apart from providing fantastic hair
    I'll order the heist supplies off amazon with my prime account
    I'll buy whatever heist supplies wirecutter tells me to buy and like everything the wirecutter recommends they'll be a little too expensive and a little disappointing but still do the job ok

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    My goal is to run Blades in the Dark for my internet friends before I'm 30

I have nine months to achieve this lofty ambition

We are all behind you, Simon!

You can do it!

fuck gendered marketing
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    announcement: yesterday I tried taking... a... bomb... and it was nice and I can still kinda smell the frag...

you're a terrorist.

gasp

I always knew it

no one voluntarily lives in Orlando that long without something wrong in their head

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    since chat is pro-collectivism what if we all just put all our incomes into a pot and distributed the money evenly to all chatters and I quit my job and lived off of that

pretty much everyone in chat is going to do that though because we are lazy fucks and then our collective income is just going to be BeNarwhal's canadian social security and we all somehow have to live off of it

The Man is coming after my money?!

I don't believe in taxes anymore!

edited January 2018

you're a terrorist.
    hush can't you not even smell anything

edit: oh wait I missed the joke!!

wandering on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    would you give up 20 years off the end of your life to have a couple-few of your dreams (wealth, physical changes, whatever) come true for your remaining time

This sounds like some Monkey's Paw stuff. "Wish granted! Oh and, you were going to die in 16 years so..."

nibXTE7.png
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

this is why we need the strong, guiding hand of a Stalin figure to usher in a new age of prosperity

as the only unironic tankie on these boards, I volunteer

who wants to be the first to be erased from photos with me

I visited Stalin's bunker in Samara formerly known as Kuibyshev
    I should have gotten some ironic merch while I was there but it seemed in bad taste

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

Beware the ones full of glitter! Every time Nickie uses one it looks like she's murdered a stripper in the bathtub after she drains the water...

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular

I'm Swedish, I can out-tax all of you

Sadgasm wrote: »

my god he's right

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

Beware the ones full of glitter! Every time Nickie uses one it looks like she's murdered a stripper in the bathtub after she drains the water...

:whistle: the bath bomb is so much better when the stripper is cryin’ :whistle:

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    80-100 could be baller, y'all don't even know.

hmm yes that could be prime tapped into the matrix years

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    how good are my remaining years? I'll assume I'm dying at 60 for discussion's sake

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    anyhow @Organichu it really matters what age you ask of course. At 43, dying at 60 seems terrifyingly close. That's only 17 years! My kids are older than that!

my god he's right

First of all, we'll start off with a 52% Fuck You tax. They dont call it that, it's just so you dont think you're better than anyone.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    anyhow Organichu it really matters what age you ask of course. At 43, dying at 60 seems terrifyingly close. That's only 17 years! My kids are older than that!

Hmm, so is the moment that death becomes scary the point where your expected remaining years are fewer than your children's age? And if so, does it go by your eldest or youngest or an average of some sort?

vRyue2p.png
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Christ, I'm 30 and don't want to think about dying at 60. I need to last til we figure out some immortality facsimile.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    One of the worst things about not advocating for what would either be a state that exists as a burden to the other 49 or to have a federal government that actually functions is that I'm constantly asked to prove I'm not a broke college student or something. Even at fucking work.

1.) Fuck You
    2.) I had to get married and buy a house a couple years ago to start getting a tax refund, even with no withholding prior. I owed money, fuck you twice.
    3.) Fuck You

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    The internet: loss.jpg is funny

Me: no

The internet: fuck you your eyes are now loss.jpg how do you feel now

i think i need to go to bed

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Christ, I'm 30 and don't want to think about dying at 60. I need to last til we figure out some immortality facsimile.

Hate to break it to you, but the most likely form of immortality will just be brain upload. It wont actually be YOU, it'll just be your exact copy living forever in a virtual world. The original you will rot and die out here with the rest of us

I'm 31 and willing to discuss it but it's so abstract...

The internet: loss.jpg is funny

Me: no

The internet: fuck you your eyes are now loss.jpg how do you feel now

i think i need to go to bed

may I introduce you to the glory that is the ignore feature

and
    Delmain wrote: »
    Oh, and
    forums.penny-arcade.com##.Ignored

in adblocker

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular

Hate to break it to you, but the most likely form of immortality will just be brain upload. It wont actually be YOU, it'll just be your exact copy living forever in a virtual world. The original you will rot and die out here with the rest of us

I hate Soma.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i mean, it's certainly slaved to time remaining and time behind you. but another major function is quality of life. i wasn't asking the question intending to be morose but some of our lives are fantastically better than others, with hugely different likelihoods of things getting much better

we should go back to rickrolling

Or at the very least, links to Timecop on the amazon store.

i mean, it's certainly slaved to time remaining and time behind you. but another major function is quality of life. i wasn't asking the question intending to be morose but some of our lives are fantastically better than others, with hugely different likelihoods of things getting much better

The messed up part is that my life is a lot more stable than most peoples, but I'm still miserable all the time

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    The ignore feature is a crutch.

vRyue2p.png
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

The messed up part is that my life is a lot more stable than most peoples, but I'm still miserable all the time

have you seen a psychiatrist about that?

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    would you give up 20 years off the end of your life to have a couple-few of your dreams (wealth, physical changes, whatever) come true for your remaining time

Yes because it’s already costing me forty years of my life to have them not happen

fuck gendered marketing
  • A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    can i slowly become an immortal digital ghost via the ship of Theseus thanks

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
    The ignore feature is a crutch.

yeah I was actually already thinking about a userscript that would let me make a javascript array of people I never want to see then high messages by them or messages from anyone quoting them (at any depth)

it wouldn't be that hard, but I'm lazy

so I'm using the crutch instead

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    My goal is to run Blades in the Dark for my internet friends before I'm 30

I have nine months to achieve this lofty ambition

We are all behind you, Simon!

You can do it!

I need to work up the energy to quit taking my post-PhD submission as an excuse to lie around and eat potato chips and just finish reading the core Blades book

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    we should go back to rickrolling

Or at the very least, links to Timecop on the amazon store.

T....timecop?

I might be willing to consider the deal for less than 60 total years. that puts me at halfway done... depending exactly what we're talking about for QoL I could imagine jumping in for less but honestly pretty easily for 60.

like if you were just boom, rich, and could cut out working? you could even argue you actually end up with more time than if you lived another 10 years but had to keep a full time job the whole time. let alone what you gain by dodging stress (due to the rules we can't translate this into a longer life the way you normally could, but certainly an immeasureably better day to day experience)

I'm with you and I don't even really find it morose to talk about. while I am a person who would literally take 'never dying' were it somehow offered - knowing all the arguments against it, understanding them but not agreeing - I can also see sacrificing raw time for actually good time.

$$$$$$$$

can i slowly become an immortal digital ghost via the ship of Theseus thanks
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/22/tech/social-media/death-and-social-media/index.html

This discussion has been closed.