As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hella [Chat]

• SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    i mean, it's certainly slaved to time remaining and time behind you. but another major function is quality of life. i wasn't asking the question intending to be morose but some of our lives are fantastically better than others, with hugely different likelihoods of things getting much better

The messed up part is that my life is a lot more stable than most peoples, but I'm still miserable all the time

have you seen a psychiatrist about that?

Briefly. It didnt work out

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I'd like to thank the academy for recognising my achievements

• SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    would you give up 20 years off the end of your life to have a couple-few of your dreams (wealth, physical changes, whatever) come true for your remaining time

Yes because it’s already costing me forty years of my life to have them not happen

Hell, I'd give up almost all of them if I could have 10 where I got what I wanted and didnt feel like I was about to die all the time

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    i mean, it's certainly slaved to time remaining and time behind you. but another major function is quality of life. i wasn't asking the question intending to be morose but some of our lives are fantastically better than others, with hugely different likelihoods of things getting much better

As a perpetual optimist, you can't take my time from me, Organichu.

I was, ostensibly, given more or less the same amount as everybody else. That can't be said of nearly any other aspect of my life, good or bad.

Time is all I have, 'Chu. And I haven't had a dream beyond "explore"* for more than, like, 90 seconds. And since that's nebulous as fuck, the most valuable resource I have for pursuing and enjoying that dream is time itself.

So you no take candle time.

*Also, like, a much cooler version of a seaplane. I'm thinking maybe a jetski with deployable canvas wings? I'll figure it out.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    I just don't get it. I feel like my name ended up on a list somewhere of people who's shipping must always be as bad as physically possible.

r1rLiRl.jpg

HlOr1tw.jpg

nibXTE7.png
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

I might be willing to consider the deal for less than 60 total years. that puts me at halfway done... depending exactly what we're talking about for QoL I could imagine jumping in for less but honestly pretty easily for 60.

like if you were just boom, rich, and could cut out working? you could even argue you actually end up with more time than if you lived another 10 years but had to keep a full time job the whole time. let alone what you gain by dodging stress (due to the rules we can't translate this into a longer life the way you normally could, but certainly an immeasureably better day to day experience)

I'm with you and I don't even really find it morose to talk about. while I am a person who would literally take 'never dying' were it somehow offered - knowing all the arguments against it, understanding them but not agreeing - I can also see sacrificing raw time for actually good time.

$$$$$$$$

yeah, I mean, if the deal was "poof you have money (more than you need) and you'll die 20 years sooner", it's literally an immediate yes for me

if it's, you age 10 years immediately, and die 10 years earlier... probably still an immediate yes

if I'd age 20 years immediately and die at the age I otherwise would have... that's more up for debate

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Variable wrote: »

I might be willing to consider the deal for less than 60 total years. that puts me at halfway done... depending exactly what we're talking about for QoL I could imagine jumping in for less but honestly pretty easily for 60.

like if you were just boom, rich, and could cut out working? you could even argue you actually end up with more time than if you lived another 10 years but had to keep a full time job the whole time. let alone what you gain by dodging stress (due to the rules we can't translate this into a longer life the way you normally could, but certainly an immeasureably better day to day experience)

I'm with you and I don't even really find it morose to talk about. while I am a person who would literally take 'never dying' were it somehow offered - knowing all the arguments against it, understanding them but not agreeing - I can also see sacrificing raw time for actually good time.

$$$$$$$$

by morose i just meant i didn't want to wallow in self-pity and be like easy for you fuckers to say, your life is way better than mine or i want to die every day or w-e

i think having a firm path forward would make a big difference. not that someone's life is easy now but if they're in grad school with every indication they'll get a degree and get a good job, if they're in reasonably good health and exercise regularly to get even healthier/more shredded, etc

like cred said- if i'm 80% confident i can get 80% of the way to my fantasy goals without magical intervention, then i probably want those 20 years

but plenty of people make it to 60 without getting anywhere near it, still making shit money, shit health, unhappy with their body and their relationships etc. if you think it's unlikely you'll avoid that outcome then it makes a lot of sense to me

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I just don't get it. I feel like my name ended up on a list somewhere of people who's shipping must always be as bad as physically possible.

r1rLiRl.jpg

HlOr1tw.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ4z0QhD92Y

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I mean even if I only get to wish myself a fully functional, healthy, properly gendered body, that’s like three decades of my life expectancy saved right there.

If I can toss on never having to worry about money or legal status ever again 20 years is like, BOG2 grade bargain

fuck gendered marketing
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I mean even if I only get to wish myself a fully functional, healthy, properly gendered body, that’s like three decades of my life expectancy saved right there.

If I can toss on never having to worry about money or legal status ever again 20 years is like, BOG2 grade bargain

I need to come up with a plan for you

I don't understand your situation well enough

But I want you to have a plan so you can do this

Steam, LoL: credeiki
    credeiki wrote: »

I need to come up with a plan for you

I don't understand your situation well enough

But I want you to have a plan so you can do this

We can talk about it sometime if you want. I’ve honestly been at loose ends about what to do with my situation for years now.

But not now it is late and I really should be sleeping

fuck gendered marketing
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    People used to ignore me here all the time.

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    zH5Qy9s.jpg

what

as if a digital upload doesn't still need lootboxes

you need them even more, I'd think

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    The second Sherlock game is not nearly as good as crime and punishments sadly

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular

Play Deus Ex HR and just continuously rasp out "I never asked for this" while alternating to shots of your feet

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Play Deus Ex HR and just continuously rasp out "I never asked for this" while alternating to shots of your feet

people were v hurtful to me when i streamed that game

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    zH5Qy9s.jpg

Faye was totally brainwashed by a TV cult led by a kid in a coma who was also a hacker

It's not like it was legit

wait

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I'm struggling with my hatred of lootboxes and my love for DVa right now

Dare I return to playing Overwatch...

you say people were v hurtful to you all the time

what do you want people to say to you when you stream, anyway?

NICE DAY WE'RE HAVIN

streams should be positive friendly zones with no hurtfuf comments

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    announcement: yesterday I tried taking... a... bomb... and it was nice and I can still kinda smell the frag...

you're a terrorist.
    hush can't you not even smell anything

wandering this sentence might be pure concentrated evil

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

you say people were v hurtful to you all the time

what do you want people to say to you when you stream, anyway?

NICE DAY WE'RE HAVIN

stay a while and listen

simonwolf wrote: »
    streams should be positive friendly zones with no hurtfuf comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

We're pretty merciless to VH in Subnautica. I have very similar issues with deep water, but there's a part of me that wants to see him go deeper, not to watch him squirm, but to show himself that he is greater than his fear-pfffft it's totally to watch him squirm

i was spit on and called juden

I feel like half of that is implausible.

We're pretty merciless to VH in Subnautica. I have very similar issues with deep water, but there's a part of me that wants to see him go deeper, not to watch him squirm, but to show himself that he is greater than his fear-pfffft it's totally to watch him squirm

I picked up that game after watching VH, mostly to just Cousteau it up relaxingly

But the fact that your otherwise nameless faceless avatar has to be a dude bothers me a lot. : (

fuck gendered marketing
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

I feel like half of that is implausible.

sure but in our defense you can't actually spit on someone via the internet yet

• porpporp Registered User regular
    I just farted in bed and disgusted shark. Ahhhh, living the dream.

edited January 2018

I picked up that game after watching VH, mostly to just Cousteau it up relaxingly

But the fact that your otherwise nameless faceless avatar has to be a dude bothers me a lot. : (

Nvm I understand now, my reading comprehension is balls.

Havelock2.0 on
    porp wrote: »

Doesn't he fart literally all the time?

Was he disgusted by its weakness?

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Oh hey subnautica is like officially releasing today/tomorrow? Maybe I'll stream some of that, try to get farther than I have before.

Yes. He farts all the time. And they smell. Mine smell like roses.

that's not true

that's impossible

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    ahhh, I placed my two candles on the windowsill and lit them

it's cozy as fuck in here

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.

that's not true

that's impossible

Lean closer and I'll show you.

It didn't help that you sat flat on a hardwood floor and ripped it out like someone riding a bike with baseball cards on the spokes

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    ahhh, I placed my two candles on the windowsill and lit them

it's cozy as fuck in here

THE BRITISH ARE COMING BY SEA!!

This discussion has been closed.