As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hella [Chat]

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    this job application is throwing me some serious shade
    Are you currently employed?

well technically no since I just submitted my PhD so I'll click 'no' and
    Please describe what you are currently doing:

*stares down at cheeto-stained belly and moth-eaten underwear*

oh no

simonwolf on
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    am I weird for being annoyed with all the species choices in FFGs SW RPG? This is an, admittedly, stupid position but if I ran a game with newbies to RP in SW unfamiliar with anything outside of the movies it'd just be humans.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Listen I just want Star Wars RPGs to let me be all the dumb races that appear for three seconds in the background of a cantina scene

let me be a Sakiyan or a H'nemthe you cowards

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    am I weird for being annoyed with all the species choices in FFGs SW RPG? This is an, admittedly, stupid position but if I ran a game with newbies to RP in SW unfamiliar with anything outside of the movies it'd just be humans.

Well, there's nothing stopping you from doing that regardless of how many species there are, and many groups have more familiarity and will appreciate the extra choices.

Plus there are a number of non-human characters in the movies.

Also Bothans rule, you fucking racist.

So yeah, I agree that this is a stupid position. :P

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Of course with the choice to be from planets like tatooine or coruscant or corellia or whatever familiar from the movies.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Of course with the choice to be from planets like tatooine or coruscant or corellia or whatever familiar from the movies.

This was actually the hardest part for me, being only familiar with the movies.

Like, I know about Bothans and Duros and stuff, and in any case the pictures are right there so I can recognize them easily.

The cities were tougher for me. I don't really remember the names of cities and planets and stuff all that well.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    for all my complicated academic opinions about the tyranny and policing of "canon" in fan culture, I still love how Wookieepedia now has a tiny stub article for their "canon" entries and a 7000 word essay on every alien race under the "legends" entries

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    hmmm @matt has a problem recommendations for selling a gun? consignment takes forever, not interested in going half price to a pawn shop. previously when buying/selling guns i was part of the local community but not knowing anyone who'd be interested makes it annoying.

fwiw it's not rare or anything (g19 p much new condition)

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Aaaand an hour of streaming and not a single view. Ugh.

I know I desperately need to up my production values, but actually getting an audience with something obscure is taxing.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    You'll all just play female twi'leks you hoors.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Sal defriended me on Facebook. (I knew she would, we’d talked about it.) to help her get over it.

I wish I could’ve expressed that I didn’t want us to break up but I was so tired of wasting her time. She’ll find someone new.

Great. I wanted to go cry in the shower ANYWAY, stupid BRAIN. I wish she was here. I ducked up as usual.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    like, the Bothan "legends" article is this sprawling mess of biology, pictures of Bothan ladies in their underwear, discussions on the morality and role of the Bothans as spies during the rebellion

and then the "canon" entry is about a hundred words long and doesn't even talk about what they look like since everything about them is no longer "real" aside from many of them dying for information

simonwolf on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »

I know I desperately need to up my production values, but actually getting an audience with something obscure is taxing.

You could let us know you’re streaming. I find my niche games do the best often, but I don’t know how obscure you mean.

• Options
    I was in such a shit mood streaming tonight. I should’ve just not. I don’t think mondays work very well anyway.

• Options
    I got a ton of viewers doing Stardew Valley but its not obscure.

In fairness, I don't have a viewership, just bots.

There are some PA people with viewers. I think they just maintain an actual schedule.

• Options
    I think it's in part because all the major focus protagonists from the movies are human save the droids and chewie. It gives the audience something familiar to latch onto and identify with in a wholly unfamiliar and alien setting.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    as a "real" person,

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options

There are some PA people with viewers. I think they just maintain an actual schedule.

A fair number of charters watch VH, me and Sniper regularly. I think I pull more randos and VH has a more dedicated chat following.

• Options
    You'll all just play female twi'leks you hoors.

*twitches lekku*

• Options

You could let us know you’re streaming. I find my niche games do the best often, but I don’t know how obscure you mean.

I'm a bit wary of mixing up my forum stuff with my streaming stuff 'cause work stuff is complicated. If I get fired though I'll totes drag you all into it. :p

• Options
    Sal defriended me on Facebook. (I knew she would, we’d talked about it.) to help her get over it.

I wish I could’ve expressed that I didn’t want us to break up but I was so tired of wasting her time. She’ll find someone new.

Great. I wanted to go cry in the shower ANYWAY, stupid BRAIN. I wish she was here. I ducked up as usual.

*hugs*

• Options

eHugs :(

• Options
    kedinik wrote: »
    as a "real" person,

I really dropped the ball on Lain club huh

• Options

Like, I know about Bothans and Duros and stuff, and in any case the pictures are right there so I can recognize them easily.

The cities were tougher for me. I don't really remember the names of cities and planets and stuff all that well.

See I loved the ffg books for this because they fleshed out some of known planets from the movies. Tatooine and Jakku though are like, you don't even need to expand on them. They're tabula rasa with the only pertinent theme being they're lawless desolate shitholes that you're lucky to escape from

• Options

A fair number of charters watch VH, me and Sniper regularly. I think I pull more randos and VH has a more dedicated chat following.

oooh look at me

i'm friends with everyone

etc.

• Options

I'm a bit wary of mixing up my forum stuff with my streaming stuff 'cause work stuff is complicated. If I get fired though I'll totes drag you all into it. :p

I would say feel free to PM some of us with your name if you want. @visiblehowl has a giant bat signal list. Just one time so we can follow you I mean

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    applying for jobs sucks

wheres your job market paper

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    As usual, I can’t tell if you’re actually mad, Ron.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a_sx3ozoXI

• Options
    As usual, I can’t tell if you’re actually mad, Ron.

naw

i'm on vacation

there is no mad while on vacation

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    as a "real" person,

I really dropped the ball on Lain club huh

I thought I dropped the ball on Lain club

I should've been like "hey let's move on to episode 2" but instead I was like *posts nothing about Lain club*

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Good morning, fellows

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Good morning, fellows

what is up my dude

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Good morning, fellows

what is up my dude

Me, at a reasonable hour that isn't past noon or barely past midnight, so this is good

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I think once I get another place of my own and a reliable source of income I may try my hand at twitch streaming. But this is like a year out at the very least. I'm packing my gaming pc in a couple days before I move and I know this fucker ain't coming out for a while.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I’ll be ready to leave tomorrow as long as I get literally 100 other things completed first

• Options
    The nice thing about casual streaming, provided you have a decent connection without someone watching Netflix on it, is that you can just let it run in the background and see what happens.

Streaming with a goal can be rough.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    there are meta econ conference essays critiquing the practice of ecob JMPs, because of course there are

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    i need it to be 7 months from now but i managed to be a productive person so I can play Monster Hunter World

• Options
    One of my sub-goals is getting properly set up for MHW PC streaming.

Not sure my PC can handle streaming it solo, though.

This discussion has been closed.