As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hella [Chat]

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I miss Sal but less so after that no consequences whatever stream. Well not less so but

Not crying

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I made the Michelin star instant ramen simonwaifu brought me back from Japan

review:

well worth the two bucks, I recommend everyone get a bowl of these because they're gonna be the best instant ramen you ever had

better than shin black?

hmmm

wayyy better than shin black, my man

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    When I get into twitch I'm sure the final shot of Joker's face in that Big Enough meme is going to be my emoji

Private content do no copy etc

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I can make an emoji eh

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    castle do not taunt me for I am old and wise beyond my yea

Yeah go ahead and taunt me

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    It's called Nakiryu Dandan, you can get it in two sizes, and I recommend the big bowl because it's real good

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    @Jacobkosh

I knew grain silos would explode. But just kind of give up and collapse is a new one.

8MXd0Jv.jpg

That's just what exploding looks like for lazy silos.

On that note...why is there a baseball field next to the grain silo? Because that's a tragic headline waiting to happen.

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Money is good.

In related news I will be immensely pissed if anyone starts a war in Asia.

I wasn’t taunting you but now I am!

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Oh neat. A guy I used to work with is now on the Forbes 30 under 30 list.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    grain silo workers gotta play baseball too

aRkpc.gif
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    [chat] I tried to add Bogart to my Ignore list but the forums gave me some sort of error???

BeNarwhal wrote: »
    [chat] I tried to add Bogart to my Ignore list but the forums gave me some sort of error???

THis is the wrong way to end your life, friend

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    It's called Nakiryu Dandan, you can get it in two sizes, and I recommend the big bowl because it's real good

This one?

It's the only thing that comes up when I search for Nakiryu Dandan on Amazon.

This one comes up for just Nakiryu.

vRyue2p.png
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

THis is the wrong way to end your life, friend

Yeah, you can't explicitly say his name, you have to make coy references to him.

vRyue2p.png
    THE guy who’s bad at dark souls

You know mr scared of the archers

Old oh no the bog of infinite stench

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

I tried this out and it turns out that there isn't actually anything stopping anyone from putting mods on their ignore lists

apart from common sense, I guess

ftOqU21.png
    oh and yeah bogart I couldn't figure out how to take you off ignore so you're going to have to speak really loudly if I'm going to hear you

ftOqU21.png
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

I tried this out and it turns out that there isn't actually anything stopping anyone from putting mods on their ignore lists

apart from common sense, I guess

Bigger balls than I, friend

Bigger balls than I

Wait I was supposed to reference bogart not you hue hue

Wait I was supposed to reference bogart not you hue hue

I admit I was unsure when I read your post :P

vRyue2p.png
    edited January 2018
    that marks, I think, the third time I've ever used the ignore list, with now two of those being just to see what happens

I must say, it is rather elegantly designed. Strikes a perfect balance between how the fact that there was a post is sometimes necessary, but that simultaneously makes it very easy to just overlook it completely if you're not looking for it, thereby serving the actual purpose of not being bothered by someone's posts. And that's not an easy design goal!

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png

This one?

It's the only thing that comes up when I search for Nakiryu Dandan on Amazon.

This one comes up for just Nakiryu.

Nope, neither of them! The one you're wanting will look like this:

yIAdQe8.jpg?1

It's sold through 7-Eleven in Japan so it might not be on Amazon -- you'll need to look for a secondary sales front.

But it's worth it, lemme assure you

edited January 2018
    that said while I'm not against it, I do mostly get Tube's antipathy towards the feature

and like bogart admonished somebody for maybe doing or whatever, it shouldn't really be talked about all that much but it is good to just be able to not interact with someone for a while when you know all they do is bring out the worst in you - or just leave you in a bad mood. But like, do it quietly.

more than a few people in real life I wish I could have something like that for

maybe coupled with some kind of advanced cybetronic doppelganger that does small talk for me so that I don't have to talk with them ever again, yet they never ever find out how much everything about them drives me up the fucking wall

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    I just put everyone on ignore and make educated guesses as to the content of people's posts

does the cup noodle itself have a michelin star or does the restaurant that makes it have one

(either way people seem to be raving about the instant pack so I am trying to see if there is any way to get it to me)

ftOqU21.png
    Hmm, looks tough to get it in the US? At least without paying $10 a cup or something.

vRyue2p.png
    Oh, hmm, looks like it was limited release? Even the expensive secondary site I found says it's discontinued.

Goddammit simon why didn't you tell me about this when I was in Tokyo? I would have stocked up...

vRyue2p.png
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    The ribbing is hilarious and I definitely won't hold a grudge and take it out on you at some later date on the slightest pretext.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    The ribbing is hilarious and I definitely won't hold a grudge and take it out on you at some later date on the slightest pretext.

Patience

Hmm, looks tough to get it in the US? At least without paying $10 a cup or something.

yeah I don't think I have any easy way of ordering it

okay, so, plan B:

1. who do we know in Japan
    2. which major ports are they closest to
    3. where do we get the best rates on shipping a 20 foot (is that enough or should we go for a 40 footer?) shipping container to us (also, what is the best route to get it to the US and to norway)

ftOqU21.png
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i think my interview went well

the interviewer finished it by telling me my salary would be higher than my expectations and wondering what my notice period is

i am excited

I guess also 1b that we can convince to hunt down enough of the noodles to fill a shipping container

ftOqU21.png
    Oh, hmm, looks like it was limited release? Even the expensive secondary site I found says it's discontinued.

Goddammit simon why didn't you tell me about this when I was in Tokyo? I would have stocked up...

FUCK

ftOqU21.png
    I wasn’t taunting you but now I am!

I eagerly await your slings and darts upon my tender flesh for it shall only make me stronger

After a lot of crying of course

https://youtu.be/SAX9P82Dpx4

anyway I'm sure researching what I actually need to do to ship a container around will come in handy at some point

ftOqU21.png
    anyway I'm sure researching what I actually need to do to ship a container around will come in handy at some point

and also will not land you on any watch lists

vRyue2p.png

and also will not land you on any watch lists

well not without buying huge amounts of fertilizer etc

ftOqU21.png
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I miss Sal but less so after that no consequences whatever stream. Well not less so but

Not crying
    has your move gone okay

This discussion has been closed.