As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling] 2017 goes to 8,760 hour time limit draw

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Did they broadcast from 2 locations? I haven't been watching wrestling and heard after it was over that tonight was the anniversary show.

Also, is the Rumble 4 hours?

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Did they broadcast from 2 locations? I haven't been watching wrestling and heard after it was over that tonight was the anniversary show.

Also, is the Rumble 4 hours?

Yeah the broadcast from the Manhattan Center which was the site of the first RAW and also the Barclay's Center.

And yeah the Rumble is 4-4.5 hours.

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I just...don't care about nostalgia wankery anymore.

I'm tired of it.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Hearing Revival got the Ascension treatment makes me very sad

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I hope Steve has multiple shirts and hasn't just been carrying around an old, disgusting, ripped t-shirt for years on the off chance they want him to bring it back for a night.

Also, I'll probably check out the Rumble matches, as its one of my favorite wrestling things, but I am staying far away from another successful Lesnar defense and whatever else.

Goose! on
    Man, reading these results are weird. I'm pretty much flying blind, haven't really watched (except for half-watching the big 4 PPVs last year). The stuff happening right now feels like the random AI nonsense that happens during a WWE game's career mode. Jason Jordan and Seth Rollins tag champs? Sure, why not. Miz beats Roman for the IC title on a Raw (vs at a PPV)? Alright. John Cena in a feud with the created player character named after the human player? Makes total sense.

Taker looked fantastic I thought.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

I'm tired of it.

It's got a time and place. Their big 25th anniversary show is one of them

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Good things about tonight's Raw.

I'll even spoil it for the folks that catch it day after.
    -Miz winning the IC belt back, cause he actually wants it (Also Roman's lack of AA and STF finishing moves)
    -The APA's poker game. More story in those 3 or 4 segments than the entirety of the lead up to the Royal Rumble. I remember when every episode had stuff like that and Strowman's rampage from last week made the show feel less like a bunch of thrown together stuff.
    -Strowman putting Lesnar through the table. I'm very glad wily veteran Kane decided to save himself for Sunday and let his opponents pulp each other beforehand.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

He's got a really natural tone there that's missing from a lot of promos.

AlphaRomero on
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

They ate finishers from all the old guys. Sure Finn looked like the chosen one getting to do his too, but I have to think backstage they were pretty happy. There were numerous teams that weren't on the 25th anniversary show that could have been in their place. They were trusted enough to make all the old DX moves look good. Obviously I'm not a wrestler and I don't know what happened backstage but I can't imagine they felt they were misused or diminished there. I imagine they were really pumped, how many young wrestlers can say they took a Shawn Michaels Sweet Chin Music?

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    DUOMw7YXkAAvjFd.jpg

gonna need a source on this, friend

• AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    I would be totally pumped to take a sweet chin music from Shawn Michaels.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    if I could take any finisher I'd want to take some kind of cutter or a stunner, let my body do some loosey goosey shit

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I thought it was a really bad show.

It didn't feel like this monumental occasion that they had been building it up to be. That's probably bc they been trotting out the legends any time they get, so at this point it doesn't feel special.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Ken O wrote: »

They ate finishers from all the old guys. Sure Finn looked like the chosen one getting to do his too, but I have to think backstage they were pretty happy. There were numerous teams that weren't on the 25th anniversary show that could have been in their place. They were trusted enough to make all the old DX moves look good. Obviously I'm not a wrestler and I don't know what happened backstage but I can't imagine they felt they were misused or diminished there. I imagine they were really pumped, how many young wrestlers can say they took a Shawn Michaels Sweet Chin Music?

Yeah, I agree, that's not a burial. Yet. If The Revival disappear off TV only to perennially job, then it's a burial. A fun "Yo, you guys are going to sell some of the classic finishers on a show we've been hyping to the moon and back" spot does not a burial make.

Case in point: Xavier Woods eating a Stunner at Wrestlemania a few years back.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular

I'm tired of it.

It's got a time and place. Their big 25th anniversary show is one of them

Maybe I would care more if they weren't obsessed with nostalgia acts on a consistent basis.

The company will and has dropped everything to push a nostalgia act over modern guys again and again and again and I'm bored of it.

• SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Especially with the WWE network. You see DX, Scott Hall, Shawn, and The Undertaker all the time.

The APA stuff and the bit with Kurt Angle were good because you don’t always see those guys, or at least not in that capacity(with regards to APA Bradshaw vs JBL)

John Cena is in talks to play Duke Nukem on the big screen.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

Lead role in a movie based on a 90's FPS game! How could this ever fail?!?!

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

I said this as the show opened to my viewing partner

(...it was my mom, I watched with my mom, I sort of hid that in a previous post about jericho's new japan shirt but I forgot you're all nerds too)

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch

Lead role in a movie based on a 90's FPS game! How could this ever fail?!?!

Plus John St. John's incredible voice work is impossible to replicate.

DUOMw7YXkAAvjFd.jpg

gonna need a source on this, friend

He does know WWE's response to that is "Thanks for spending several hundred dollars on tickets! We'll toss it in our Scrooge McDuck money vault".

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Is... is that Perry Saturn?

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Vince is very surprised to see a guy they've been advertising to be on the show for three weeks.

Hey, if you're trapped in the park with the T-Rex, you're still going to crap your pants if you hear it's right behind you.
    crwth wrote: »
    fuck the miz is so good

Maryse clearly agrees.
    A local indie just announced their next show, and there's a surprising number of people who are on this episode of Raw scheduled for it.

it8x4md6l2g8.jpg

I didn't know Brian Pillman's son was in wrestling.

On another note...

https://youtu.be/cA_qpimgEi4

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Miz continues to be the hardest working guy on the roster.

He needs a main event run at this point.

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    we doin a royal rumble lottery this year?

EzUAYcn.png
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    http://www.wwe.com/article/enzo-amore-released?sf180033371=1

Alright, well, that story just got more credible.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    EzUAYcn.png
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Holy shit. I think TJP is now the only Cruiserweight Champ that’s still active with the company. (Kendrick being injured)

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    Holy shit. I think TJP is now the only Cruiserweight Champ that’s still active with the company. (Kendrick being injured)

Tozawa

• ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Enzo Nomore'

Hello WrestlinThread!

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    http://www.wwe.com/article/enzo-amore-released?sf180033371=1

Alright, well, that story just got more credible.

I do have to admit, I didn't find the original story credible, but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to come off as victim blaming. With the police involved, and WWE firing Enzo unceremoniously before the investigation is even finished, though, it definitely sounds a lot like Enzo is a complete scumbag.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Wrestling Twitter is saying that Enzo knew this was coming and didn't tell anyone, which did not help his case.

euj90n71sojo.png
This discussion has been closed.